• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Arranged Marriage ((1x1))

Lacy eyed him carefully, then smirked playfully,"Drive the boat then." She set her arms back at her sides, the excitement alive in her eyes.

Jason looked over at her. He didn't want to disappoint her by saying no, although he wasn't really up for it. He couldn't help but smile at her.

"And why should I?" he asked, smile still on his face.

Lacy smiled, then tilted her head to the side and sighed,"I just turned 16...I've never driven a car." She looked sheepishly at him.

Jason smiled at her, loving her sheepish look.

"It's really easy once you get used to it. Pretty much like Mario Kart on the Wii," he said. "If you want, I can guide you as you drive the boat. I'm sure my parents would be fine with that."

He waited patiently for her reply and reaction.

"Really? I would fu-I mean, I would definitely love that." She shook her head quickly, looked down then back at him. "That would be really cool," Her smile widened.

Jason laughed, having a feeling he knew exactly what she was going to say.

"Well, it's about time we leave anyways. C'mon, let's see what you've got," he said. He gently grabbed her hand and led her to the wheel. "To get out of here, that's really easy. The boat's anchor has already been pulled up so it's easy."

He then guided her and showed her what to do to get going.

"Now give it a try," he encouraged.

Lacy felt a part of her guard slowly come down, she laughed. When he grabbed her hand, a chill went up her spine. She wasn't use to affection. She's never dated anyone or even had her hand held. It was nerve wracking. While he led her there, she met eyes with his mother who seemed stunned, she looked away quickly and nodded listening. His encouragement was subtle, she liked that.

Her fingertips clutched around the wheel nervously. She slowly moved the wheel left, then right, then kept it steady following his pattern. She glanced at him,"Like this?"

Jason laughed and nodded, a grin covering his face.

"Yeah, like that. You're doing great. Just try not to tear off our wheel, 'kay?" he said. "Here, it'd help if you did this."

He walked up so he was behind her and wrapped his arms around her. His hands gently held hers over the wheel and he held them in a more relaxed stance. He liked to warmth radiating off of her body.

"Like this, see?" he said, smiling softly now.

Lacy suppressed a wide grin and nodded gently. His hands were warm, his body relaxed upon hers, it was somehow soothing. The corners of her mouth tilted in a smile, and nodded again,"Yes, I see it now." She didn't even know this man, but it was soothing. He seemed genuine. She could be clearly mistaken, but she wanted to trust without limits and care without worrying about something. She turned herself completley around to face him. Her face was inches away from his. Her friendly gaze met his. "Can I ask you something?"

Jason almost jumped when she turned around. He guessed it was just relaxing. Which, it was comforting considering that whether or not he liked it, he'd be living with her the rest of his life. Their faces were inches away as she asked her question.

"Sure, go ahead," he said, wondering what she wanted to ask him.

She was still inches away from his face, and he was starting to want to kiss her... But, since she had a question that needed to be answered, he didn't do so.

Lacy stared at him with another curious gleam in her eye. The courage within her was slowly wanting to die out, but it was only a simple question. "Would this be the first time of you being married to someone?" She asked carefully.

Jason nodded and said, "Yes. I swear I've never been married before. I have been engaged before, but that only lasted two months and it was a long time ago."

He watched her, curious as to what her reaction would be to the response he had given.

Lacy nodded hesitantly, then tilted her head to the side. Her intent gaze was sharp, but she was clearly hesitant to approach the next topic. Instead, she looked down. "I'm sorry," She looked at him. "I imagine...that would have been hard."

Jason watched as her head tilted to the side, her gaze sharp and clearly curious, but seeming hesitant. He agreed with a light bob of his head.

"Yeah... That's the main reason I wasn't married off already. Engaged for two months and then she died in a car crash. Wasn't easy, that's for sure. But I've been able to get past it and that's why we're both here right now. So... yeah," he said, ending a bit awkwardly for lack of a better way to finish off.

Lacy stared at him halfway in amazement and sadly. "Yes...but this...this is arranged." Lacy shook her head, turned around to face the water. She was silent for a minute before she almost confessed, to every negative thing that could happen between them. She did say something entirely different. "You won't be happy if life is being lived..for you." She stated quietly.

"That's not a negative thing, just a different situation. Trust me, I've tried everything else. They all went wrong. And honestly? This is pretty damn close to what I felt when I first met her," he told her, spinning her around to face him. "And if you believe me, you should be able to make your own conclusions from here."

He smiled at her, hands still on her arms.

Lacy pretended to not act shocked when he spun her around but she was. Her heart picked up it's pace once more. She didn't know if she could believe him? She hasn't even dated anyone! How could she know how to separate truth from lies? A distant voice responded in the back of her mind: You are a liar, you'll know when you'll see one.

She stared at him before she pushed his arms away slowly. She shook her head,"I haven't...dated anyone. I haven't had my first kiss. I haven't had my first anything." She stated the ending sadly. "I think a kiss nowadays, loses it's meaning. I don't want to kiss someone who I don't know I c..can trsut, and this is arranged. Are you sure...you would be okay with that?"

Jason let his arms drop to his side.

"I'll be okay with anything. I don't want you to be sad, for one. For another, I won't pressure you into anything. So, yes, I'm okay with that," he said. "Just smile... And don't crash the boat," He joked.

He smiled softly at her, hoping he hadn't already scared her off.

(I got an idea!) The corners of Lacy's mouth tilted in a smile before her father was screaming about the boat while her mother had scurried over to the both of them. "Lace, we need to go." Confused, Lacy's eyebrows furrowed as her mother shot an angry look at Jason then looked at Lacy,"Listen, we just need to go. Alright?" Her voice was constricted with anger. Lacy was stunned silent, as her mother groaned and grabbed her hand. She pulled her to follow her. Lacy continued asking questions while his parents were glaring upon hers. What had happened? She glanced back at Jason with a concerned look before looking forward.

Jason was so confused. One moment he was smiling back at Lacy, the next the air was filled with screaming and yelling. Lacy was pulled away, Jason receiving an enraged look from her mother, but still utterly confused. He saw his parents glaring at hers, and vice versa.

What? This is too confusing... he thought.

He could almost feel a headache coming on, which he didn't need. He glanced at Lacy before walking over to his parents.

"Mother, Father, mind telling me what happened? I'd really love to know," he said, trying not to sound annoyed.

"What happened, Mom?" Lacy asked quietly. Her mother must have been furious since she wasn't speaking aloud while her father looked impatiently at her,"Can this boat go any faster back to the dock?"

"Dad, tell me what happened." Her dad exchanged a look with her mother who nodded.

"They decided to pull back the funds. They won't pay us how they told us,"

Lacy fought back a smile,"That's...that's fine so-"

"We didn't know what we were signing, Lacy. You still...you now are obligated, there is no turning back now, you have to marry him."

Lacy tilted her head in shock as dread washed over her once more. "You you..said.."

"That...that was before. This contract, or so they explained, would have the amount of money they would pay us..but they decided against it because they want their son to be happy and blah blah blah," He rolled his eyes in annoyance. Lacy remained stunned into silence once the boat reached port.

"You what?" he said, asking a rhetorical question.

"Don't argue with it, it's all set and done," his mother said. "Besides, they clearly didn't read the contract well enough."

"No, mother. This isn't right. This isn't how things were supposed to work," he told her, keeping calm.

"Well they're going to work this way now! Do not argue with me Jason," he replied.

Jason sighed, but knew he wasn't going to get anywhere with he right now. He glanced at Lacy but looked away. This wasn't how things were supposed to work out, it wasn't planned this way. He wanted to throw his head against a wall, but he kept calm. He felt a thud as the boat stopped back at the docks.

Her parents rushed to the dock out of anger and Lacy could see the vengeance wanting to spill out then and there. Lacy remained polite and poised, before she reached the docks, she turned halfway and stared Jason then to his parents. A soft smirk formed before she turned back around to walk with her parents.

Jason waved goodbye to Lacy, returning her smile. Then he turned away, angry with his parents. He went back to resting his arms on the railing, looking out at the water, trying to drown his thoughts with the feel of the wind and the sound of the waves. Maybe if his parents hadn't done what they did, this would've been such a nice trip. Sadly, it wasn't so.

OOC: new scene? :) I was thinking it could be the next morning, really really early, and Lacy goes back to the ship without her parents knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back