• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Armageddon

BlazingSword

The sword which blazes
It is the year 2019 on an alternate earth where history unfolded differently. The first major change came with the nonexistence of the dark ages, because science was never repressed humanity is several hundred years more advanced than they are in our world. Hover cars, antigravity, force fields, and interplanetary travel are all parts of everyday life for this version humanity.

Yet many things were still similar. World war one was still fought, but with far more advanced technology and a greater loss of life than in our universe. World war two was also fought but the United States got involved much earlier and the war wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was in our timeline. The Vietnam war never happened and as such the peace movement that came then never happened. Instead the sixties was when the world was I introduced to the formula known as the Alpha serum. Using this serum any human could rewrite their DNA as they saw fit. By the seventies it had gone global, disease and genetic abnormality became a thing of the past and humanity flourished in a golden age of health and prosperity.

In the year 1999, the alpha serum was modified by the genius doctor Atori. The modified serum allowed for more extensive genetic modifications. The birth of superpowers. People who could afford the new serum quickly became more and more powerful. This same year the first superhero was born. Dr.Atori used his own serum to Grant him the power needed to prevent a massive global catastrophe in the form of a large meteor roughly the size of the moon. This cost him his own life but it ushered in the age of heroes. Taking Dr.Atori's example many people got their hands on the serum and fought to preserve peace and Justice.

However there are two sides to every coin, once atori was gone he could no longer protect his serum. It fell into the hands of government officials, criminals, and terrorists. Those who had decided to become heroes quickly found themselves overwhelmed by the flood of now superpowers threats to the world. As such the heroes banded together forming a group called The Guardians.
For twenty years The Guardians defended earth but the political landscape has changed. Russia and China have teamed up with North Korea, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, combining their might to attempt to destroy America, and her allies along with the United nations. In our universe people fear world war three will be fought with nukes, but in this universe, world war three will be fought with godlike soldiers of unimaginable power.

As the world deteriorates into chaos the only thing that stands in the way of total annihilation are The guardians. But can they stop the Armageddon to come?
Armageddon- Lore & rules.

Armageddon- Character roster

Armageddon- OCC

Last edited:
Central Park, new York, September 9th 2018- 9:53 A.m

Sir cosmic

James paced back and fourth behind the curtain of the temporary stage platform that had been erected in the middle of Central Park. Behind the thick red cloth thousands of people had gathered waiting for The Guardians to take the stage. His nervous fidgets we're actually a bit soothing to him, it reminded him that he was still human. He just prayed to whatever good would listen that he didn't choke once he got on stage. Checking his watch and seeing only seven minutes until he was supposed to address the crowd. The people needed him to be strong, to show courage and hope. But inside he himself was still reeling from the tragedy. It had only been a few days since Miami was hit. Millions gone in an instant, and while he and the guardians were able to stop the attacks that came for Boston, New York, and Philly he still mourned for those who he had failed to save.

Tapping his communicator in his helmet he spoke to his comrades. "Get ready guardians, it's only a few minutes of speaking, a half hour of Mingling and then we get back to patrol." He left the communicator on so the others could respond but turned his own mic off. Hopefully the others would show up. With the exception of Magog, who was in Miami helping with the recovery effort. He heard President Ridley begin his introductory speech and knew that it was almost time, swallowing the fear he had he adjusted his tie and tightened his cufflinks. Here goes nothing. he thought as he waited behind the curtain which was soon to part.
Vanessaaah Vanessaaah Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Hironex Hironex @whitecanary SodaToast SodaToast Gabe Gabe

Evelyn glided through the air, remaining low enough to be unseen by the crowd gather at Central park. She lowered and slowed herself until she shifted gracefully from flying to walking. Walking up to James she sighed, her hands automatically reaching up to adjust his jacket so he looked as presentable as he could. "you'll do great." She said softly her voice having the unique echo to that developed with her powers. Making her sound as if she was down the hall from you, she knew his pain in the loss that he felt and also knew that no amount of reassurance could make him feel better for it. Slowly her hands stopped finding things to do and she let them rest for a moment on his chest. "If you need, I'll be right behind you." She slide her hands off and took a couple steps back and began to wait along side him.

The effects of Eve's abilities made it clear that she had them, and made her feel less of a human than most other people. It almost seemed as if she was in a low gravity or underwater. Her movements always seemed very light and effortless, while even her long red hair floated around her body, curving and shifting with the movement of her head or small frame. When she as first announced to the public people were more inclined to scream "alien" then they were serum Alpha.

BlazingSword BlazingSword

Alex adjusted the strap of his rifle, painted white to resemble a healing device, while placing a hand on his ear. "Copy that, Sir Cosmic. No rest for the wicked, so they say." The boy said with a pleasant portuguese accent. He was at the side of the stage near the ambulance, making small talk with the paramedics, making sure that no one would get hurt. The automatic drones were flying above them, making sure to get the best angle of the stage, taking endless pictures of the event.

Alex looked at the time on his PDA, worryingly. "For the umpteenth time, I really should've gone with Magog. Those people would've benefitted so much from my help." He sighed. "Before you say again, I know, I can't be everywhere. But still." The disaster was hard on the populace of Miami, and Alex wasn't even thinking about the other places. He looked at his PDA, checking the news. Relief came from all over the world, but the death toll was absurdly high. He sighed, shaking his head.

People clapped enthusiastically to the incredibly bland introductory speech of the president, the same thing as every political speech ever. Alex placed the hand on his comms again. "How's the view up there, Eve? Seeing anything suspicious?"
BlazingSword BlazingSword Vanessaaah Vanessaaah

Sir cosmic

James smiled with gratitude at Eve, her comforting words helping him to rest a bit easier. It took him a second or two to realize she couldn't see his smile under his helmet so he figured words were the best way to go. "Thank you, your confidence is quite reassuring." He said as the president began to introduce him and the curtain parted. James walked to the podium careful not to mistep, his hands clasped behind his back so that the crowd wouldn't see them shaking. He thanked president Ridley and shook his hand over the roar of applause.

After a few moments the crowd went silent again and all eyes were on him. Taking a deep breath James began his speech.

"My fellow Americans, and citizens the world over let me start by expressing my deepest condolences for those who we have lost a mere two days ago. I wish there were words that could be said to comfort you all, and I wish I had the power to go back and change what happened. I'm sure that's one thing we can all agree on." He took another breath and paused for a moment before he started again. "Unfortunately no such words exist. Yet I wish to remind you that hope is not lost just because a tragedy has occured. The hearts of the people may be heavy right now, but even as I speak hundreds, if not thousands of people are in Miami helping to save lives and repair the damage that has been done. We are currently faced with a choice, do we let ourselves sink into the pit of hopelessness that has opened before us, or do we take hold of the courage and humanity we all have and work together to fight this tragedy. The answer is clear. We human beings, wether powered or not, are all capable of truly great things. Yet this attack is a stark reminder that we are also capable of great atrocities." Again he paused catching his breath and fighting back the urge to simply orb off of the stage. "Yet even in the face of such wicked hatred we will not cast aside our humanity, but that isn't to say that this horrible act will go unpunished. But we need not lose more sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, or sisters and brothers in the pursuit of Justice." Turning to the president he and gesturing his hand at him he continued. "That is why I emplore you president Ridley, not to take military action against those responsible, no more lives need be lost on behalf of this tragedy. Allow us guardians the jurisdiction needed to find who has done this, and bring them to answer for their crimes against humanity. We will not surrender, compromise, or rest until justice has been served." Turning back to the crowd he wrapped up his speech. "The world will never forget the date of September seventh. But with enough faith and understanding, we can rectify this, we can rebuild, and we will. Thank you all for your time, and never lose hope. Hope that we will one day live in peace, that the guardians will one day no longer be needed. There is a hero in all of us, all one needs to do to find it is Hope for a better future, and have the will to act on that hope." Allowing one last moment of silence for James speech to set in the crowd went wild. Reporters began to flood the stage a few going towards president Ridley but most clamoring for a chance to speak to any one of the guardians present. James calmly dodged them on his way backstage. Tapping his communicator he spoke to the other guardians. "Talk to as many people as you can in the next half hour then disengage and report back to base ive got top priority missions for us all." Once he had finished he nodded to Eve in thanks before shrinking into an orb of shimmering light and beaming towards the statue of liberty where their base was located.
Hironex Hironex Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Vanessaaah Vanessaaah Gabe Gabe SodaToast SodaToast @whitecanary D duegxybus
Minyari Minyari

Last edited:
Terry was on a nearby rooftop eating a sandwich, his full head mask pulled up a bit. He got the transmission, saying, "Roger, Jimmy. Just let me finish my sandwich." He gobbled the sandwich, then pulling his mask back down and teleporting next to Alex, putting his arm on his shoulder and saying, "Hey there, Alex! How are ya? Feeling alright?" He listened to the speech, nearly falling asleep at the president's but listening intently to James', nodding a bit. He crosses his arms after taking his arm off of Alex's shoulder. He then nodded after it ended, saying into his comms, "Roger that. Let's do this!" He teleported near a reporter, saying, "Hey there! Heard you wanted an interview with a Guardian."
Gabe Gabe

Miami Ruins, Florida, September 9th 10:05 am.

Magog

The street vibrated beneath his bootfalls as the mountain of a man carried several dozen tons of debris to the outskirts of the downtown area. Despite the massive weight, he might as well have been carrying feathers. He tossed the mix of concrete and steel into the large pile of debris. For two whole days he had been repeating this process, and despite him and the other volunteers best efforts, only two survivors had been found. He was about to go and grab more rubble when he heard a faint crying sound. Immediately the muscles in his diaphragm contracted as he shouted with a voice like a jet engine. "Get your ass's over here, I've got something." He said to several nearby rescuers as he made his way over to a debris pile that used to be a daycare center.

Three men and a woman came running, they looked to be run ragged. None of them had slept in days, but their hearts wouldn't let them stop. Marcus understood their fatigue, even he was starting to feel tired.
"I don't know how stable the ground is so you will need to be fast, I'll lift the building, you climb in and try and find whoever it was crying in there." The exhausted rescuers nodded without a word and Marcus dug his fingers through the pavement until he found a steel beam and began to lift it slowly, careful not to allow it to slip and crush the children beneath.

The four rescuers crouched down and crawled past Magog's legs going into the rubble pile. They were in there for about four minutes before they came out holding two small children, no older that six. One seemed fine though a little bit shaken, the other was not in good shape, the blanket she was wrapped up in was bright red with blood. Magog felt his blood begin to boil. When I find who's done this, I will break them. He thought to himself as he lowered the building back down. He wanted to stay with the child and make sure she would be okay But all across the city he knew there would be much of the same.

"And here I was thinking I was evil, the devils who did this, they are inhuman." He whispered as he wandered deeper into the city hoping to find more survivors.
(Open for interaction.)

"Negative, Sir Cosmic." Alex said, after Cosmic's order. "I prefer to stay here and take care of any incident. Besides, people don't want to hear a boring spiel about the effects of anti-septic into nanites." The boy said while chuckling. He was never a fan of crowds, and was glad to have an excuse to stay out. It gave him more time to review his studies. After Terry teleported away, he remembered. "I forgot to tell you, Terry, but you have sauce on your chin. And don't say anything that you would regret on television." After he ended, the first customers had arrived. A child, face dirty with cotton candy, claimed stomach cramps. A man, clearly inebriated, puke all over his shirt, tried to hit on a paramedic. A pair of girls had a catfight, and tried to continue on the ambulance. The list went on and on, making Alex be as busy as ever.

He didn't take his mind from Miami, though. When he finally had a break from the endless stream of problems, he tried to contact Magog. "Magog, come in, it's Paean. How are things in there?"

BlazingSword BlazingSword Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Swifty
(Anna Styx)

Anna shivers, standing among the mass crowd of people awaiting for The Guardians' announcement by the President. Wearing her black hoodie and grey pants she begins to tap her foot against the pavement awaiting for the speech, the situation in Miami still being thought of in the back of her head. The speakers's static would be heard through out Central Park as the President is announced, making his appearance to the podium with his security nearby. Upon finishing his beginning speech he began his introduction to The Guardians. The crowd cheering as the man behind the alias, "Sir Cosmic", would take the stage. Anna now paying attention as he begins his speech. As Sir Cosmic discussed the events in Miami and his inspiring speech, Anna simply though to herself, "Well, what are you gonna do about it?". Soon after Anna would be jinxed the idea. The announcement of granting The Guardians jurisdiction over military action against them simply left Anna stunned. "Alpha serum versus alpha serum... sounds like the chaos is just starting...", she thought to herself. Quickly snapping out of thought as Sir Cosmic finishes his speech, the crowd loudly cheering. Anna heard what she wanted to hear, in an instant running out of the crowd and a few blocks down as she heads towards a bar she usually hangs around.​

Lightning :: Levia Miller
Levia wasn't there to listen to the speech. She didn't care much for speeches, and didn't enjoy listening to them in the slightest. However, there was still a communications loop between herself and Sir Cosmic. That was the best part. She looked down at the city from her perched position on the communications tower, noticing nothing too weird. She reached up to her ear and tapped her communicator.

"Copy that, Sir Cosmic. I'm going to have to take the bus today, remember how I lost my car? Yeah, was pretty bad. And I ain't about to teleport anywhere either." Levia chuckled and leapt down. Blue arcs of electricity shot from her feet, dampening her fall. As she hit the ground, she began walking forwards towards the hoverbus stop. Looking around, she sighed. It was nice and light out, but there was still the everlasting void of a tall city.

She climbed into the bus and took a seat in the front. She pulled out her cell phone and began tapping away at the screen as she inserted a single earbud, trying to find a song that she'd like to listen to. As she did this, she noticed some people moving around a little bit around her. Could they have recognized her? Probably not. She shrugged and put her phone away, switching to communications mode again.

"Hey, Sir Cosmic, do you have anything to eat at HQ? I'm seriously famished, and I haven't gotten anything to eat for the last day or so. Seriously, send help."

Magog

The large man paused when his communicator chirped in his ear. His stomach rumbled and for the first time in two days he thought about his own needs. Sitting down on a pile of rubble his shoulders slumped, luckily a rescuer handed him a sack lunch saying "Take a break man, your making the rest of us look bad." Magog nodded great fully at the man and then told him "alright, piss off then." Tapping his communicator he responded first to paean. "It's not good, only four people have been found alive and two of em are in bad shape. In all my years I've never seen anything like this, it's like hell itself climbed up and ate the city." He sighed audibly. It wasn't very far from the truth, the city was in tatters, no building was left standing, fires we're all over the place and even the ground seemed to be broken up. It was more like an earthquake than any weapon he had seen before. "How're things up north? Did cosmic manage to get The president on the bandwagon? I wasn't really paying attention."
He paused for a response enjoying the bologna sandwich and bottled water as if it were a lobster dinner served with a 1000$ bottle of wine.
Gabe Gabe

Eve spoke softly and gently to the few people who found the courage to approach her. She knew her appearance and voice was unsettling to say the least to the average person. As the crowd began to disperse so did she. She started with a walk, that turn into a run and with a quick jump she was back up, propelling herself through the air towards headquarters. She lowered herself onto the pedway on the statue and peered over the water. The air had turned crisp in the last few hours and held the promise of fall in the breeze. Pressing her hands against her cheeks she moved to inside the building. "Told you that you would be great" she said as she made her way towards James. Her hand rested on his shoulder and gave it a quick encouraging squeeze before it returned to her face. "It might be a long winter, you can feel it in the air." She said, continuing to make pointless conversation. A nervous tick she had developed when she was younger, silence made her uncomfortable and she was always desperate to fill it with some sort of noise. "Habe you heard from Magog recently?"

Terry laughed, wiping the sauce off his face before talking with the reporter. After he finished, he looked at the top of a building, teleporting there and using the rooftops to get to headquarters. Once he got there, he sat down, saying, "Well, that went better than expected, huh, Jimmy?"

Sir cosmic
Statue of liberty/guardian HQ

James made his way to the island and nodded to the armed guards outside the door. climbing into the elevator in the main lobby he was shaking, these past two days had been so busy he couldn't find the time to properly grieve. As the elevator doors closed his brave face finally crumbled. Tearing his helmet off of his head and tossing it to the ground, he slumped against the back of the elevator and wept. His tears fell for the people of Miami, the guardians who had died when the weapon went off, many of whom he had trained personally, and for the impending devastation he knew was to come. When the elevator came to a stop at the top floor he stayed in it for a few more minutes shaking in a cross between fury and anguish. This much loss was just too much, even for a hero.

After a few more minutes his helmet chirped as Terry responded, followed shortly by Alex. Recomposing himself he stood grabbing his helmet,putting it on, and stepping into the main chamber. "Sure thing Paean, do what you can then I need you in Miami, preferably by tomorrow if possible." A few moments later lightning contacted him asking for food. "We're fully stocked here Lightning, help yourself you know where the fridge is at." Continuing to his desk he sat and began looking through the files to find which member of the team would be best suited for which job.

It wasn't long before Eve made her way into the HQ. Her hand resting on his shoulder slightly startled him but her voice quickly soothed it.
"I'm sure we'll hear from him soon enough, he's kinda busy at the moment and I'd hate to bother him, if he hadn't been in Boston when he was, we might have another city in ruins right now. We owe him a great deal, So I'm gonna let him be for a while." Shortly afterward eve's arrival Terry showed up plopping into one of the chairs in his office. His upbeat attitude brought a smile to James face. "It definitely could've been worse. Hopefully Ridley agrees to our terms I'd hate to have to go over his head to the U.N."
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Vanessaaah Vanessaaah
D duegxybus
Gabe Gabe

Last edited:

Character name/Quote/Rp name

render_ia_vocaloid_by_mikii_gdl-d5fmiqt.png
'Well this is wrong.' The young female, her twenty first birthday coming up, thought to herself. At current time, she flew over what used to be the large beach side house she owned, or technically a summer home. Just one of the things she inherited from her father, but, it was her favorite one. Hence on the was, seeing as it was now completely in ruins. She'd missed the catastrophe, having recently gained her license to be an official Guardian, and wanted to go meet the one titled as leader. But, of course, as she left, destruction rein. If she was only a little late to her plane . . . .

She brushed her thoughts aside, looking around for any survivors. But, she couldn't find them. Not one, not a single one. Why couldn't she find anyone? Sure it was bad . . . But, was it that bad? It was as if the whole of Miami had just . . . Boom, disappeared. Residents and buildings alike. Was . . . was everyone really dead?

"No." she muttered, stopping her flight. "I refuse. I refuse." She couldn't live with herself if she didn't save someone. Her father gave his life to save the world, and she wasn't even able to save one life? One person? It was . . . wrong. Very, Very wrong. She took in a sharp breath, breathing in and out, in and out. Then, her eyes opened as she activated one of her abilities. Electromagnetic sight. She searched the entirety of Miami, seeing every corner, every destroyed home, every Radio Wave, every Brain Wave, everything. She stopped, seeing a group of people, trapped bellow the ground in some . . . some sort of cavern. They were bound to lose air!

She flew down, seeing where it was she needed to dig from. "Hey big guy," she said to Magog, "Mind moving?"

ia_vocaloid_render_by_lraskie-d6yv8jo.png

Overview

Tags: BlazingSword BlazingSword

code by pasta

Electricity is pretty much in everything. You think just by turning off the lights you can hide from me?

Levia turned off the comms and grinned at Sir Cosmic's answer. Food. Yum. Levia rested against the back of the seat and slowly dozed off as the bus went to its stop.

Moments later, Levia found the bus driver yelling for people to get off the bus because it reached the end of the line. Just where Levia wanted to go. She got off the bus and walked towards the HQ, making sure she wasn't followed. Instead of actually going into the HQ, she simply reached out to a lamp post and grabbed it, electricity pouring through her fingertips into the lamp.

Within a moment's notice, Levia's body transformed into blue electrical sparks and traveled through the building. As Levia navigated the electricity paths of the HQ, she finally found the main room and found her way up to one of the lights. The light flickered, and Levia appeared in the main room in a flash of electricity. She discharged the remaining current back into the light and nodded to everyone before sauntering over to the fridge, digging through it until she found exactly what she wanted.

"Cheese burrito! Ten points go to Levia!" She snatched the cold burrito and shoved it in the microwave. As it warmed up, Levia turned to the main room and waited. Bing! She took out the burrito, walked over to the main room, and hopped into one of the chairs, unwrapping her burrito and staring at it with a smile. "Alright, so, fill me in. I was kind of busy, dealing with some silly power plant. Why do some of us have to go to Miami?"

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Vanessaaah Vanessaaah Gabe Gabe

Last edited:
Eve leaned by a wall opposite the room from James. "More rather what are these top priority missions?" She said after Levia inquired about Miami. She folded her arms and looked across the room awaiting her answer. After she spoke it the energy shifted in the room, a sudden and noticeable transgression from light and airy conversation to something more ominous. Typically James wasn't so secretive with what was going to occur, and normally when a "top priority" mission made its way to them if it wasn't alerted to the group as a whole then it typically lead to something more sinister. She kept her eyes fixed to James, waiting for him to start speaking.

Terry laughed at Levia, saying, "You hungry, Zappy? I know a good sandwich place we could go to sometime as a group." He then pulled off his mask and actually had a serious look on his face, looking up at James and saying, "It must really be bad if you just say we have 'top priority missions."
D duegxybus

Sir cosmic
Statue of liberty/Guardian HQ

James again took his helmet off setting it on the table beside him, his bloodshot eyes showing a man who was both tired and emotional.
First he addressed Lightning bringing up a holographic map of the globe. "As many of you know, two days ago The united states came under attack, three energy based projectiles were fired at New York, Boston, and Miami. The force field here at HQ was able to stop the one aimed at New York, Magog intercepted the one Bound for boston, but we didn't have enough defenses in Miami to stop the one heading out there. Guardians Silver, Draco, and Vector were caught up in the blast and are currently assumed dead." He paused for a bit for a moment of silence for their comrades. "After the initial attack I traced the energy signature to somewhere in the Middle East, but this is a weapon we've never scene before and I doubt any of those countries have the military budget needed for such a weapon. Unfortunately this means that there is more than one party involved in this, and seeing as how they fired three at a time it stands to reason that more attacks are imminent. This wasn't a one shot weapon."
He paused just long enough to take a sip from the water that sat next to his helmet. "I'm tasking you guys with leading the initial investigation. Personally I think Iraq is the place to start, their country has the highest probability of being able to fuel such a weapon. I'd normally be on the case with you guys, but I need to work Congress into supporting the decision not to turn this into an all out conflict. Military Retaliation would only result in more lives lost." He looked into each of their eyes before rising to his feet and looking out the window behind him. "Rest assured when I am done I'll be right there with you guys. The reason we can't have all hands on deck with the investigation is because we need to be ready in case another attack takes place. Even as we speak force field generators are being erected in most major cities, guardians are being stationed in those cities as well, not to mention the major cities of Europe where most people are afraid that they will be next." He turned back to face his team, his friends, his family. "Please be careful, if you find anything let me know and I'll be there as fast as I can. Do not engage the enemy alone unless absolutely necessary. For now though, I need to get some sleep. I haven't had any shut eye since the attack. If you need to rest up ,do so, if you don't, do so anyway. The Sentinel is being calibrated and will be ready to fly you there by tomorrow. That's all for now, do as you please for the rest of the day, I'm opening the guardians reserve budget to you guys so enjoy yourselves a bit, but be ready to go by 8:00am tomorrow morning."
He sat for a few moments waiting to see if there were any questions. Not that he'd have to leave just yet, his room was connected to the office by the door to the left.
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford D duegxybus Vanessaaah Vanessaaah

Last edited:
If I shock your feet, will you dance?

Levia didn't bother responding to whoever that woman against the wall was. She couldn't care less. She nodded to the sandwich request and smiled. As she listened to Sir Cosmic talk, she took a couple bites out of the burrito until it was gone. "Okay, sounds fair enough as far Z some things go. If they had the power to bomb us, we need to get to the bottom of this before the public gets sent into mass hysteria."

BlazingSword BlazingSword Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

(Sorry for the short post, I didn't have much to work with)

Evelyn listened in silence, when James finished speaking she kept her eyes on him. Everything about him looked exhausted, she was partially amazed he had managed to stand on his feet. Instead of speaking to keep him from his bed longer she gave a small nod of her head and pulled herself away from the wall. She crossed the room to take a step outside on the lookout, her feet not making a sound as she made her way. Actually nothing of her made a sound, seemingly as if she existed in a vacuum. Once she step outside she was greeted by a cool breeze, out here was where she let herself become comfortable in her thoughts. Iraq She thought. She hadn't been back there in years, the last time she was there she didn't nearly have as much control over herself and her abilities as she did now. Bringing her hand to her face she allowed herself to think about it, she had always suppressed it. The terror she went through, it was her first-and only-experience of truly losing control and if it hadn't of been for another guardian the world would be a different place. She had lost control and had began to "black hole" Eve just remembers the swirling of the sand around her, everything in a quarter mile distance that wasn't bolted to the ground inching its way closer to her or crumbling. Then Vision pushing himself through the swirl around her. She felt a shudder through her body and quickly opened her eyes bringing her back to reality. She couldn't think of it anymore. She wouldn't allow herself again to linger on it. To think about her break down, to think about Vision, and most importantly to remind herself that in Visions attempt to save everything from Evelyn he was the one who got lost. Taking a deep breath she instead looked over the water "Iraq" she simply whispered.

Terry sighed, saying, "Iraq. Great. Just where I wanted to go." He rubbed his eyes, tired from the last few days. He'd been in shock over Miami like everyone else, he'd just been trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Magog

The massive man wolfed down the sandwich and looked up at the glowing woman. "Who The hell are girl and why must I move?" He asked as he rose off of the rubble pile. The food and brief rest had done well for him and he was almost completely recharged. His chest was still a bit sore from when the energy weapon collided with his sternum two days ago, and that was a rarity for him. Yet he felt good, this disaster was indeed horrible, but at least he felt some kind of emotion.
Hironex Hironex

Last edited:
Sir cosmic

James turned to the door on the left side of the conference room. "Thank you all for understanding, and best of luck to all of you." He went into his room wondering how he was going to make it to sleep. Luckily it came much easier than he thought. Within a few moments he was passed out sleeping soundly.
Vanessaaah Vanessaaah Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford D duegxybus

DR.ALPHA

He sat in the secret bunker within the Iraq military complex with a grin on his face. The weapon was a roaring success, and after hearing Sir.Cosmic's address he knew that the guardians would soon be heading here on a wild goose chase. Though it was of no consequence, the weapon was already dismantled and its blueprints being shipped to various enemies of the United Nations. Nonetheless the Guardians had prevented two out of three of the projectiles from hitting their mark. Which meant they needed to be dealt with. Luckily he had a plan for that as well. With a thought he sent the untraceable message to the three candidates he had scouted out for the past year solely to help him deal with the guardians. The message was a simple one,
"Join me, and become a God, decline and be swept away with the rest. You do not know me, but you have seen my work in what was once the city of Miami. Three guardians and 4 million people gone in an instant. There is much more to come, and I assure you that you will want to be on the right side." The message was sent to the three villains Crow, Blocked point, and Swifty delivered to their personal email address's.
D duegxybus Minyari Minyari SodaToast SodaToast

"P-please, don't kill me. People will know I'm missing and...and... the Guardians! Yes, they'll help me. Of course they will..."

Crow ignored the man's pathetic whimpering as he shuffled around the contents in the backpack, looking for any sort of communications device. He normally wouldn't expose himself in front of a normal civilian, but times were dire and he urgently needed that communications device. After a few more minutes, he let out a quiet sigh of satisfaction as he pulled out the device. It was the first time he ever laid eyes on such an expensive piece of technology and he couldn't help but stare at it in a childish way for several moments. Shaking his head, he stood up from his crouched position and slipped the device into his pant pocket and turned around to face the man lying on the ground. He tilted his head to the side and a sinister smile crept onto his straw face. He walked up to the man and leaned over his body. Their faces were only inches apart and it pleased Crow to see the fear in the man's eyes.

"Don't cry, little sparrow, for I can grant you what every man desires. I can separate you from all of your pain and suffering...don't you want that?"

The man trembled and averted his eyes to the side, not daring to look at Crow's complexion.

"Be at peace, for now you may rest."

Crow gently slid the knife that was previously concealed in his shirt sleeve into the man's lower abdomen. He watched as the man's life forced faded away, eventually placing his fingers onto the man's eyelids and lowering them so that they covered his eyes. Standing back up, Crow gently and methodically wiped the blood off of his knife and slipped it back into his sleeve. Returning his attention to the communications device, he reached back into his pocket and pulled it out. It was a small and compact metallic device with a single, elongated screen in the middle. Turning the device on, he entered the E-Mail application and signed in to an account that he had used when he was younger. Few that are still alive are aware of his account and only those with considerable resources could have discovered it. Whether they were friend or foe, reading their messages were always a form of entertainment for Crow. He flipped through the pages of old emails that he received when he was younger and finally stopped at the most recent notifications, realizing that he had received a new message. He immediately clicked on it and proceeded to read what it contained. Blinking his eyes forcefully, he read the message again, wondering if his eyes were deceiving him. After he had confirmed that the contents of the message were what he thought they were, he lowered the device and let out a small cackle. Finally, after all these years, they contacted him. He allowed himself a few moments of excitement before he furiously began to type up a short response.

I understand that our views towards the filth known as the Guardians align, and therefore I accept your offer. All I require is a time and location. I will not be late.

Clicking on the send button, he let the device drop to the floor as he let out a loud scream of joy that caused birds resting on the nearby fire escapes to fly off in every direction. As he turned to leave the alleyway, he couldn't help but feel the corners of his mouth tug upwards as a smile began to form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back