• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

"I'm not touching a raptor," Jack said, staying firm on that front, "And if they do anything to the rest of our dinos they're out."

"Someone's cranky," Anna giggled, "But you won't see me complaining. Roan, how much hide did you say it was for a saddle?" They did seem to have plenty of hide to make three saddles. Even if Jack was accepting of the raptors, the man was large enough she doubted any of the raptors would be able to support the man's weight, let alone walk or run. But Anna wouldn't object to having an extra couple raptors to carry extra stuff and be able to fight. She actually liked that image.

"One-ten," He answered, " How much do they have?"

Vera was looking through the inventories of the raptors, deciding they had more than enough, " We can make a few saddles with what we have. "

"Two, three, four, five, six-hundred seventy two," Anna called, giving a thumbs up, "Anything else, or is that it?" They also needed wood and fiber, but Jack and Vera's efforts more than made up that part of the recipe.

Jack shook his head from up on the tower and resumed construction. It was late afternoon by now, the sun was starting to lean towards the west end of the sky. He made sure that once the watchtower was built that he made sure to put the paras in a separate, walled off area from the raptors.

Taking care of the raptors, Roan made sure that each of them were fed and safe from other predators. He was worried that something big might overwhelm the five of them. Vera, coming to his side, rolled her eyes, "They'll be fine."

Anna agreed with Vera. "You saw how these five took out everything but the largest predators." She patted Occisor's side, "And this one's seen some shit, they know what they're doing."

"That's why I don't want anything happening to them," Roan replied, "They're gonna be our saving grace."

Vera shook her head, "They'll be ok. The five of them? They'll probably take just about everything out."

"That's the problem!", Jack called, still not coming down from even the lowest platform on the tower. If the raptors decided to turn on their new masters, they'd be stranded on the tower at best, pinned in with these things.

"Oh shut up you big baby!", Anna mocked, "Have any of your dinosaurs turned on you yet?"

"She has a point," Roan chimed in, "The compies never turned on us. They died trying to protect us. I don't think any of the creatures on this island turn against you once they're tamed."

"The parasaurs are the only ones that lived that long!", Jack replied. He was right on that front, but considering even the parasaurs didn't try anything yet, and the raptors had been attacked and beaten unconscious by these people, they'd had ample opportunity to take their revenge and they hadn't.

"They're passive creatures. They wouldn't have attacked if they were still wild. The compies would have. They would've attacked while we were asleep or something but they didn't," Roan pointed out, "Besides, they've had plenty of time to turn on us and haven't. I don't think they think like humans."

Jack waved it off and went back to what he was doing.

"If it'll make you feel better," Anna offered, "We can build pens for each so they can't get out and hurt anyone when they aren't being used.

"We could build a large paddock for them," Vera chimed in, "And leave them in there when they aren't being used, then when JAck stops being a baby about it, we can use it to breed a whole army of these things."

"That works," Anna nodded, "A big pen for them to run around in and eat during the day, with individual pens for them at night." They'd have to expand the fortress's ground space, but considering they were on a thin strip of beach that project might have had to wait until they got where they were going. A good sized pen would have to do in the meantime.

"Like a stable," Vera said with a smile, "Maybe not yet, but you know.. eventually. "

"Yeah!", Anna agreed, "Until then, we'll just have to keep them away from Jack's precious parasaurs." She rolled her eyes, it was ridiculous how up in arms he was about that.

"Girls, if you want to sleep in a warm bed tonight the sun's going down," jack called from the top of the tower.

Vera looked up at him, "Is it gonna run away if we don't come up right now?" She giggled, making her way up to view her new room.

Roan shrugged, "We put sleeping bags down on them. They're not amazing but it's better than sleeping on the floor."

Vera nodded, "I see. Do we have sleeping bags?"

"In your room, I'm way ahead of you," Jack pointed towards the girls' rooms, "You'll also find a table and chair, a large storage box and a small one at the foot of your bed."

"You thought this through," Anna noted, opening the door to confirm that yes, that was exactly what was there. Jack had done that to all four spaces, adding some function to the mix. Downstairs he'd yet to add any crafting stations, mostly because he lacked the engrams. The fires they used to cook their food and a mortar and pestle on his table were all they had on that front.

Roan nodded to Jack, "You added more to the rooms?"

Vera took to her new room, enjoying the privacy and despite the small area, it was actually spacious for just her.

Jack nodded, "Making it more comfortable." He pointed up at the watchtower, "I added that since their huts blocked the view of everything inland." The microraptor squaked from where it was sitting halfway up the ladder to that, having used a compination of its teeth and claws to get up there. "And she likes it," he shrugged. "We never actually named the bird, did we, Vera?"

"No we didn't," Vera said, poking her head back out of the room, "Technically, you tamed it, so it's yours to name."

"You got you own little pet to keep you company, huh?" Roan chuckled, "They come in handy."

Jack sighed, "Yay..." He wasn't good with names like the rest of the group. He whistled for the microraptor to come down. "Damn thing was a pain in the ass when we found it, though," He explained to Roan how the thing took him and Vera off of their mounts, "If there were any predators around this thing would have gotten us killed." He looked at the bird, "Lil' Chicken." He shook his head, that was a stupid name, but it kinda fit, sorta.

"Anyway," Anna smiled as she walked out of her room, "Roan and I think the path on foot is going to be infinitely safer now that we have a small army." She pointed down at the raptors that were bedding down for the night, "So you guys won't have to worry about the rafts anymore."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Vera said and headed into her room again. Roan nodded, "Lil' Chicken, huh?"

"What? I'm not good with names like you guys, I named my parasaur Hardhead," Jack sounded very defensive about that. "What did you name your pegomastax?"

"Whatever, goodnight," Anna vanished into her room as well. Jack had added windows to those windowframes that could be closed in case of a storm, which Anna shut herself once she was inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back