• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Arian Silver Mines || Hunters Inn

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Genii

💎
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Arian Silver Mines
Type
: Investigation
Quest Contact: Beryl
Payment: TBC

Description: Beryl is looking for a few brave hunters to go out and investigate the old silver mine near Arian. Ramirez suspects a Wyrm has moved into the area and is tunnelling beneath Colby. See Beryl for further instructions.

Party members: Rika, Connor, Siwai, Urzoth, Godefroi, Callan, Tobias

Oli Beju Oli Beju nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Lost Echo Lost Echo Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Fenrir the Wolf God II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

I see…” RIka acquiesced, listening to Connor’s indulgent response. Meanwhile, the other quest mates had joined, and the palatial carriage began its slow trek down the streets of Colby. Connor’s response was a thoughtful one. It was a tantalizing aspect, that the capital could provide anything for anyone, other than ephemeral marvels…

Renton was a vast, expansive capital with a sprawling countryside that lended itself well to the wealthy denizens that took to the country’s monarchical seat during special events. Time and again, some ceremonious event would precipitate the capital in a deluge of tourists: a royal death, the consecration of a royal marriage, the birth of a royal heir; all were met with the ringing of the bells atop the great castle’s numerous bele cotes. The only thing Rika could remember about the place, however, was a funeral that she daren’t detail in her mind, and being in a building a few roads down from the castle’s main entrance: a kirk’s office where legal proceedings were held, and all the depurative consecrations thereto would be conducted. Hardly any of the preceding served for good memories, and Rika made no secret of it, but wouldn’t trot on others’ fond memories of the place, should they exist… “It’s been quite awhile since I was there, myself. It was proposed, once, that the capital would be my new home; compliments of my ancestor's historical service to the crown.” Curiously, she neglected to say exactly where in the capital. “To be honest, I couldn’t imagine staying in such a place for the remainder of my life.” She laughed a little, and then looked over as Connor continued over to assist Urzoth’s entry to the carriage, smiling at the allies who’d be joining on the quest.

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Callan held on to any sturdy piece of furniture he could find as the wagon began to roll. The city streets were cobbled, and as well built as Connor’s carriage might be, it would still be a bumpy ride.

The Siren was careful not to accidentally knock anything with his wings as he wandered over to where the rest of the group had gathered.

Last edited:
Tobias wasnt too sure to make of the massive carriage, it was fancy yet practical...though the slight sway was making feel a tad green.

Despite the motion of the carriage, Siwai's balance was impeccable as he made his way up to the balcony. He moved as if the jarring ride were a leisurely stroll on a summer evening.

Finally he went out to the balcony and sat down, wrapping his tail around one of the guardrails for extra stability.

Beneath the carriage, Pestle tightened his coils so that he wouldn't fall.

The other guild mates joining was a welcome sight, though everyone appeared to be approaching the task of balancing upon the moving carriage rather differently. Strangely, Rika felt the most for Urzoth, who ultimately would be the most disoriented if the tumult of the carriage exceeded its current state. Siwai, on the other hand, made suchlike a child and literally climbed his way up the balcony, perching upon it in his own shamanistic way, quite reminiscent of the rumored learned ascetic that had acquired the skill to balance, single footed, on sconces through sheer willpower alone. Callan, however, was surprisingly only slightly disoriented by the movement, which earned a surreptitious glance or two from Rika, trying her best not to make it clear that she was deriving some puerile humor from thoughts of him traipsing about like a toddler still in swaddling clothes. She glanced between the man and Tobias, who seemed to be responding similarly. Trying to reassure them both, that they even needed it, she remarked: “You’ll both get used to the motion once you’re seated. Even regulars on carriages and wagons don’t typically stand the duration of the journey.

Lost Echo Lost Echo , nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams , Genii Genii , Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

“This ain’t my first fancy carriage ride.” Callan grumbled as he came to a stop. He continued to stand, despite Rika’s suggestion to sit.

“Used to ride up front though.” The Siren said as he continued to glance around at the wagon’s fine interior.

The city gates were already open, to allow locals and traders in and out of Colby. The guards on duty began ushering people out of the way, so the large carriage could get by without flattening anyone. “Move aside! Make way!”

Nobody seemed to argue, especially once they spotted Deus. There were a mixture of expressions from the crowd, ranging from awe, fear and annoyance.

Urzoth laughed, "Don't worry so much, Rika! We can take a tumble," Personally, they believed Callan was used to stumbling drunk and could apply the same muscle memory...though he might also be drunk. "I'm more worried about our newbie," They used the chain to pull themselves up, then twist to face Tobias, "Toby, it's not gonna get better when we speed up. You might want to join Siwai on top--the fresh air'll help the motion sickness." If they'd known, they could have sent him to get some herbs from Hannah, but it was too late now.

Oli Beju Oli Beju (Rika) Gwenymoo Gwenymoo (Toby)

Rika nodded as Urzoth provided her brief reassurance, though, still, seeing was believing. Tobias making his way up to the roof was curious, but given his already atypical habits, it didn’t seem to merit but a few passing glances until he was completely out of sight. Callan’s response would’ve been comical if it hadn’t cropped up a litany of inquiries. “Up front…?" The gears were turning once again, and it was written all over her expression. "Were you a coachman once?” Her curiosity compounded, she began squinting, examining the man from his head to the tip of his tail, “… I wouldn’t’ve presumed it of you… not by immediate appearances anyway…” Suddenly Rika felt a demure, sheepish smile coming on, which she tried to conceal by looking anywhere that wasn't in Callan's wake. There really was no polite way to tell a person whether or not they looked reminiscent of “the help,” but sometimes, her more prevalent bourgeoisie vernacular tended to let such incidental commentary slip. And sometimes further still, it was embarrassingly inconvenient.

Lost Echo Lost Echo , Genii Genii , Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Callan watched Tobias leave the room before turning back to find Rika giving him a once-over. He didn’t look amused. “I’d sit up front to watch out fer assassins n’ highwaymen.”

“Different kind o’ footman.” The siren answered as she tried to guess his previous occupation. “I was a knight.”

Last edited:
A stunned, if not concerned look suddenly took hold. “A knight? I’ve never heard you mention that you were in service.” She stopped, and suddenly the realization dawned on her that Callan rarely did, or neglected to do, most things without a good reason. Trying to lighten the tone, she continued. “So it appears that I’m entirely justified in referring to you as Sir Callan, then!”

Genii Genii

Tobias sat himself up on the carriage top...it didnt really improve much...but at least it was out in the open now.

“That’s because I haven’t.” Callan rarely discussed his past, but he’d relax enough to slip up occasionally. Beryl probably knew the most about him, although she’d twisted his arm to make him talk… quite literally.

“I’d rather yer didn’t.” The siren requested. “I only serve m’self now. Nobody else.”

“… I heard there was a bar on this thing.” Callan grumbled, hoping to change the subject.

Rika nodded with a slightly pursed lip as Callan’s contumaciousness, or rather, his indifference, led him from any discussion of his past, to his go-to: drink. Rika, meanwhile, would acknowledge his request, but that’s all she’d do. Propriety dictated that unless a man was dishonorably discharged, or otherwise revoked of their titles, that it was improper to refer to a person as anything but their ordained title, but all the same, she acquiesced and agreed… that is until the man began looking for the bar. “Perchance, you would indulge some tea… or even water?” Rika quietly suggested, eyebrow raised. “We’re to be going up against a potential wyrm soon, and it may be in our best interest to keep our wits about us.

Genii Genii

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Siwai looked over his shoulder from the railing as Tobias came up. "Lookin' kinda green, guy." He smiled as he kept perfectly still while sitting, despite the bumpy ride. "Used to walking on your own two feet huh?"

Urzoth noted Callan's service, finding it believable--his stiffness could easily be compared to a soldier's. And they always figured he drank to hide from whatever his past was. Not that it mattered, barring the magic with the Leshen, he was a good hunter. That was all Urzoth needed to know. They let Rika attempt to keep him sober and asked Connor, "Any idea how long it'll take in this? And did you want to stop and drop any armor on the way?"

“… tea.” Callan didn’t look too thrilled about his beverage options, but he understood Rika’s reasoning. In truth he was just spitting feathers, and possibly a little uneasy about what they might discover in the mine today.

“… fine. I’ll take a cuppa.” He’d try and forgo the booze, at least until they’d sorted out the wyrm problem.

Last edited:
Tobias spread out his wings and wrapped them round himself like a feathery blanket. The motion sickness may of started to pass but the breeze was darn cold.

Deus X-Machina (Mount).jpg Connor Brazzinford's Merchant Wagon.PNG

As Deus approached the gates of Colby its glowing blue eyes looked at the crowd around them, though where exactly the phantom horse was looking was as much of a mystery to everyone as its origin was to Connor. Though the armor the horses spirit possessed was made by her hands, the circumstances for the possession itself was completely unknown. Looks of awe, fear, and annoyance entered its gaze as it passed by the crowd of civilians, though the real focus of its gaze was the mines Connor subconsciously relayed to it. As the wagon rolled out of the gate of Colby Deus gave a loud ghostly huff, switching from a slow trot to a full marathon sprint within a few dozen meters - the air whipping around the sides of the wagon and the suspension on the wheels dampening what few bumps remained on the well-worn dirt roads.

'The Phantom Armory'.jpg Connor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

"No more than five hours, starting..." Connor paused as she watched the wagon pass through the city gates, followed by the feeling of the wagon gaining momentum and the bumps evening out to a relaxing rumble. "...Now. As for whether we'll be dropping off armor at the holes, I don't intend on doing so for a very simple reason: We don't know which holes connect to the mines, if any of them do at all. Assuming that one or more of the holes along the way do connect to the mines, we can't tell which ones do and don't - not to mention the fact that we are more than likely outnumbered." Connor stated firmly to Urzoth, leaning back against the desk. "While we may very well be stronger than the wyrms in the mines, it'd be best to have all the armor available with us when we fight them. I made sure to bring a surplus of them for if and when any of the armor sets get broken or heavily damaged, so if any of them do break I can summon some back-up from the wagon. Best to be prepared for the worst, seeing how recent circumstances went." Connor concluded on a bit of a somber note, overhearing Rika and Callan talking about beverages. Pulling herself away from the desk she calmly walked towards the kitchen where she kept everything she needed for food and drinks, preparing herself and the others inside of the wagon steaming hot cups of coffee - high grade coffee with the grounds filtered out. With a bit of chocolate mixed into it alongside a hint of Dragon's Fire for flavor, she took a sip from her own mug after having given everyone inside a cup. There was still some left over for when the others wanted to grab a drink, though it was best served hot out of the kettle.​

I greatly appreciate it.” Rika spoke, as she gladly received the cup of coffee, smelling it before taking a sip, shuddering a bit at the notable infusion of Dragon’s Fire, and after the very recent discussion about maintaining focus… “Five hours. That’s outstandingly faster than if we’d have travelled afoot.” She paused, considering Connor’s rendition of the established “plan” to approach the mines. It was a reasonable one, and there really was no guarantee that the holes made would lead to the mines’ tunnels… and if it meant a decreased possibility that Siwai would be swallowed, much less without anyone sentient there to help him, it was a plus! Rika nodded at Connor, and then looked to the nearby window, watching the world pass by.

“Good call.” Callan agreed with Connor. “Could be searchin’ fer days that way, n’ I’ve got better things ter do.” Like brooding, and getting sh*t-faced.

“Best if we draw the b*gger out some ‘ow... fight it on our terms.” He wasn’t a fan of chasing things down (as Tobias may have discovered yesterday), he preferred a more direct approach.

Callan grimaced at the cup of coffee he was handed, but he took a swig of it and sighed with unexpected satisfaction. Normally he couldn’t stand the stuff, but he appreciated the sweetness and the cheeky kick of Dragon’s Fire.

“Now that’s a f*ckin’ cuppa tea.” The siren praised, briefly raising his coffee mug to Connor before gulping down the rest.

“So, whadda we know about wyrms?”

Last edited:
Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Siwai would be lying if he wasn't just a  little jealous about Tobias's wings. "Huh. Never had em myself." Siwai said. "Some of my masters could fly without them. Using their ki." He looked out over the road. "I haven't mastered it that much yet though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back