• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Are you tired of sipping Crab Coladas? (Pirate RP) (Always Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nancy Noi
Andouphe - Commerce District

Oh god, I don't want to do this.
"Thank you. I'll... try to make it quick." No guarantee on that, depending on how much scolding was in store for him. Despite his decisive steps forward, nose to the air following wisps of tobacco, his heart thundered against his chest the stronger that scent grew. There hadn't been a hint of worry in Vespera's cheery voice, but ever the master masquerader, he knew she had to be concerned. Nancy was so meek and conflict-avoidant that he could make someone feel bad for trying anything with him, but he couldn't help if that someone hated him. Steven surely hated him, or at the very least didn't care for him. And whatever he said to Mariah had to make her stop caring for him too, as she didn't even bother to say goodbye to him. Or maybe she didn't need Steven's help and would have shunned him for this anyway! It's not like anything had challenged their friendship over the centuries. He'd be upset about Vlad outing him if not for the fact that it weeded out who wouldn't stand by him the moment he did something they didn't like.

Swallowing the emotions drying his throat, he trudged on and ended that spiral. It wouldn't serve him well to show up already on the verge of tears. The smoke smell grew to its peak, a fresh trail leading him straight to the culprit. Nancy neared the figure before anxiety locked his legs into place.
"Jack?" he questioned, approaching this meeting as if it were happenstance. At least it was just the shotgunner on his lonesome. "Um... is this a good time?" It didn't look like he was in a hurry, anyway. "I know you were looking for me earlier. Sorry if I was avoidant," he apologized, bowing his head. "I just wouldn't have been good company at the time." Which was true, but not THE reason. Really, he just didn't want to be berated more while he was already berating himself into tears every night. But again, maybe Jack would care less in comparison to his religious companion, if at all. "What was it you wanted? Or did Steven want me...?"

Bogrum Mazoga
Noble District - Andouphe Holy Sanctum

Ah, a technicality. Power on par with a High God, but split between two domains. On paper she was a rank below, but her dual-wielding power was reason enough to not trifle with her. Bogrum was glad she was on their side, the Request weighing heavy in his pocket.

He simply listened in for a while, holding back a chortle at their cute sibling spats. What a breath of fresh air to hear about family affairs, after sailing the seas for so long. For the sisters to live so happily aboard a pirate ship was a grace only owed to Sebas. The man worked double-time-- quadruple-time now with Lostro healed-- to give those girls the best life possible, and it was that reason alone why Bogrum held as much respect for the man as he did. His excellent work as a captain was a secondary bonus.

When Demi called with good news to share, the relief was insurmountable. So Fergie really pulled through on it? It wasn't like Bogrum thought she couldn't. It was more like... this was a sign. Fergie surprised him with how level-headed she could be when shit hit the fan, but it was with great restraint on her end. Restraint that hit the fan as well when she was already at her patience's limit. He knew she hated Adonis's guts, so for her to hold back despite the perfect chance to splay those guts across his fancy office was...
She really must be doing better, then.
Happy to be leaving that ruckus, and happier hearing of Fergie's success, Bogrum accepted Sebas's offer with pleasure. "I'd be happy to. Fergie will find me eventually, but she has a prior engagement. I expect it'll just be me tonight." Fergie made things snappy, but who was to say.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Jack the Shotgunner
Andouphe- Commerce

Nancy's voice reached him and caused him to freeze in his tracks and turn. Nancy looked awful..........is what he would say if Nancy were a human, based on how his words sounded. Timid When Nancy asked if it was a good time, Jack shrugged. "S'Guda time s'any. (As good a time as any)". The way his voice trailed off at the mention of Steven told Jack what he wanted to know. Nancy wasn't avoiding him per se. He was more avoiding Steven. It made sense. Steven wasn't exactly kind when speaking about him. Jack had to reel him in a few timesJack stole a quick glance at the red-eyed girl with him, glaring daggers at the shotgunner. Must be some form of protection, Jack thought. He shook his head. "Both ah gues. I wan' now know how ya feel...... been 'bandon meself," Steven wanned t'know the punishment. Wouldn't shuddit bout it."
"Ya damn right I wouldn't." this was Steven, which put the vampire girl more on edge. Unlike Jack's burly nonchalant giant ass, Steven walked with more purpose, brimming with power. Musta 'ceeded in Charity. "When someone gets Divine Punishment, I want to help redeem him. Don't you want to help him?"
"He get 'elp when he ask," came a shrug from the man alongside the puff of his cigarette, "Ain' forcin' 'im. (Ain't forcing him)"
"You're too soft, Jack."
"Why are YOU trying to force Nancy to talk?" Ves stepped up
"The vampire, eh?" Steven stepped to her, returning her glare. Arguably a stronger one. "I want to know what he plans on doing about the charges."
"Whatever he wants!" Ves exclaimed, "It's not suddenly your business because you make it your business! It's HIS business!"

"Ugghh. I jus' wanna go drink," Jack said, getting exasperated. As far as he was concerned, how Nancy dealt with this was his problem, and if he wanted Jack to lend a shoulder, the man would lend it. These two idiots were arguing over getting him to talk, ironically not only keeping him from talking but more than likely making him regret approaching in the first place.

Jack and Ves began to argue among themselves about Nancy, getting more and more flared and heated as neither side locked down. It was a brick wall vs a stone wall, all over Nancy

Failed at the Start

Jack was honestly wanting to have these conversations solo, and Steven his own conversation solo. This was indeed NOT as good a time as any afterall. Now with this vampire stepping into the fray, it wasn't going to get better. Guess it was time to regulate. "SHADDUP!" Jack yelled out, growling at both sides arguing. "Back off, both o' ya!"
"I won't let-"
Jack shot her with a glare from hell, making her relent a bit. Jack was a big-ass dude, scarred from battle. Magic didn't matter when you were in punching distance. Ves saw a man both done with this and too irritable to compromise. "Back. Off. Girly." Then to Steven, "You back off too." By now, he didn't have to, because he came between them. "Leave it," he finally said decisively. There was to be no compromise here unless they discussed that solo. "Fish God disowned 'im, an' he don' wanna talk 'bout it, so leave it."

Jack looked at his smoke laying on the ground and got irritated. It dropped from his mouth dealing with this dogshit. "I'on care 'bout some fish god or god shit in general. Don' care so shaddup 'bout it. All o' yas." Jack loved Steven as his brother in arms. He was a good man, he really was. When it came to this god shit though, it could bring out the worst in Steven. The solution? Just don't talk about it. They got along very well when they were too busy fighting for their life to talk about their version of salvation. "Don' bring it up. Obris. That fish god. the Dragon god. No one." He didn't know Mariana's name. Didn't care. She was fish god, named more because of her association with Nancy than anything. "Same reason ah said leave me outta it, Fish got his thing, yah got yers."
"His name is NOT Fish!" Ves exclaimed indignantly, "H-'
Jack was suddenly in front of her. She hadn't seen it. Steven hadn't seen it. Nancy hadn't seen it. "I thought I said back the FUCK off, girly." he huffed gruffly, "'e speaks for 'imelf. SHADDUP!!"

Vespera Marine Seyres

Whatever this big older man was, he was intimidating. His blood was boiling and would get her drunk in an instant if she drank it. He was willing to rip her head off. She wouldn't back down.........if not for the circumstance. This was over Nancy, and this man turned his wrath not only towards her, but towards his companion as well. It showed that he only gave a damn about Nancy. At least right now
His roar commanded respect, and Ves could only acquiesce. While he meant no harm, the moment he meant harm would be a terrible moment on her life. He had only given her commands, and that in itself was an appeal to nonviolence. Ves had learned a really good lesson out in the field: When a Giant appeals to nonviolence, take it. This man seemed to do exactly that. Plus, Steven here had a LOT of Holy power in him, brimming with it actually. She stood zero chance against Steven, but Jack was the one preventing a fight, though his own patience seemed thin. She would take the bone by backing off, though she did keep herself between the duo and Nancy

"Got along fine 'til this. 'Fore the God shit, so leave it," the man said with an air of defiance. Jack wanted to go the neutral route to all this. He was down to earth. He fought the hordes summoned by an Ancient Demon. He dealt with having to put on Shades every time Lostro showed her face. He dealt with Steven when he acted like this. He knew Sebas was pulled in by the fish god against his will. "If ya can't, leave me outta it." With that, he crushed his smoke under his boot and started trudging off again with a slight limp. After he was a bit of ways beyond, he spoke, "Jus' wanned t'see how ya was, Fish." Jack called without looking back. "Guess no better." It was a good deed gone bad in his mind

It wasn't time for that conversation. It may never be time. At this point, that was fine by Jack. Nancy had someone so he didn't need to try. Jack could only be Jack, and he didn't know if Nancy was looking to talk to Steven specifically, or he just lumped them both together.
Jack doesn't want to talk about Divinity again, unless it is very important. He's not more or less hateful of it. He's just tired of it, a mounting trend among the Basenjis.
Also, Steven and Vespera will NOT be civil when it comes to the subject of Nancy. Nancy's conversation with Steven has to be done solo
WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demestral Asella
Skies above Andouphe (Cloaked)

The skies whistling in her ears calmed her down by the second. The Wyvern and his rider cloaked themselves as they put distance between them and the one they wanted to kill, more vertical than horizontal. The townspeople would be unnerved to see this large Draconian Beast circling their city, and attract their Anti-Air Corps to try and shoot them down. Airport cities had strict air control, and large flying Draconians were not part of it. Of course Dragons weren't either, but most cities weren't dumb enough to attack a Dragon, and Dragons were peaceful in general, preferring to stake their claim on a city and take tribute in exchange for protection, rather than antagonize denizens without reason.
Demi was still a tad bit worked up in the skies, but she was happy to finally get it done. "My Lieges, I pray my actions have achieved satisfaction in both of your eyes," she said as Quincy got a good wing stretch. Lord Aennan of the Flame and Dragon Supreme Elewynn. The hottest fire in Avalon along with the Draconic embodiment of the Fae. As hotheaded as Demi always was, serving this duo took her hotheadedness from 100 to 1,000, and it took her a LONG TIME to get control of her power and hotheadedness. Draconic power was POTENT when given to non-Draconians and most others ended up consumed by it, not unlike Nellie who almost lost her life with the Abyss.

"My loyal Disciple, you did a good job with that warning shot," Elewynn said, "As expected of you, you deliver."
"Indeed......." the voice of the lesser-spoken Lord Aennan. "I was expecting you to char him, but you managed to cool that inferno before it erupted."
Hearing those words of praise from her Gods brought tears to her eyes. She was far more worried about their reception to this than anything. One thing Demi knew about them is that they cared for her on an individual level, and cared for Quincy on that same level. Divine Favor was far more selective with Fae and Draconian Gods. They treated it like a mentor/mentee than what seemed to be master/servant relationship. They were generally more patient with their followers, and had self-awareness of the potency of their power. They weren't slapping it on those who couldn't handle it and expecting them to keep operating the same. Demi had broken rules, failed, fallen flat on her face, and both of them held out their hand for her to get up, and given her a bottomless well of retries and redos and patience that she could only describe as merciful. She looked at Nancy and the Goddess, and it only reinforced why she was glad for her choice made at the tender age of 7. "I am most thankful that you entrusted in me the task to handle it," she finally said.

"But a word of warning, Demestral....." Elewynn took on a serious tone. "This accommodation was given with the intent to nip that problem in the bud, asked of you despite it overlooking our code against interlopers." It was something that Demi had to contend with, and she hoped that it worked. While they seemed to believe that it worked, nothing was certain. Especially when dealing with Adonis. "It was also done despite Quincy wanting to kill him."
"Yes, so Elewynn and I came to this agreement," Lord Aennan said, "If he messes with Quincy again, while you will burn them to the ground, you will also be punished for Negligence after the fact. It is one thing if overlooking the code ends in your harm. It is UNACCEPTABLE if it brings your comrades harm." The Fae and the Draconians had codes. These codes were more a guideline to follow, shaped by tens of thousands of years of culture and tradition of their respective sect. These weren't rules, but they augmented punishments if not following it caused issues. Zero Tolerance to Interlopers was part of that code. It was similar to a Code of Chivalry or the 10 Commandments. "Remember that Quincy is just as responsible for you as you are for him, and has to follow the code as well. Since you are to become a Dragon Rider, his presence is the physical manifestation of your Draconic Divine Favor."

"Yes, my lieges." Her reverence to the crew over the code led her to take this gamble. She didn't want to destroy an entire crew of innocents all on the back of one man. While she would not apologize for that, she WOULD apologize for putting Quincy in the awkward position that she did, and letting her voice speak over his. "I will deserve worse than the Lance if the reverence to my crew brings my beloved companion to harm." She looked down to her Wyvern. "Quincy, you have my sincerest apologies for dragging you into my selfish decisions. If this turns out to be a farce that causes you harm, no amount of punishment you dole out to me will be atonement enough."
"I have no doubt that you mean well," Quincy responded, "and I speak for the Dragon Supreme when I say that we believe that this solves the issue. However, while the problem still walks from overlooking the code, the potential for re-offending and the consequences must be made known to you."

"...........Yes. I have no regrets for the path I've chosen to walk. If it ends with me in the maw, then so it shall be." Demi could turn back and go kill Adonis right now. However, she wouldn't spark a mutiny. Quincy would be put above the crew, of course. However, Quincy getting his word in was not worth destroying her whole crew if that could be avoided.
"That's my stubborn girl!" Elewynn roared in glee. "Carve that path like the DRAGON you have inside you! While this pirate crew falls not under us, you still hold them in reverence."
"That fire inside burns bright, and I’m glad I can call it mine," Lord Aennan commented, "Don't burn out. So I take my leave."
"As do I. I love you, my dear," Elewynn told the duo, "As does Aennan, though he'd never say it. I love you Quincy. Take care of her."
"Of course, my Liege," Quincy roared. "I love you too."
"I love you too, my Liege. I will not disappoint you." With that, the connection severed, and Demi smiled. "Now.......let's go find Nancy and Ves."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashlynn Thormdottir and Avery Valencia
Commerce District: The Sharpening Stone —------> The Triton’s Trident

Meanwhile our Viking/Cat duo had turned in their weaponry for Dragon Scale upgrades, and Ash was set to have her beloved axe sharpened and enchanted to the nines. They then moved nearby to the Triton’s Trident gun store. “You sure you don’t want a gun, Ash?”
“Still don’t need ‘em,” she said, “If they’re in pistol distance, they’re in Mama Bear’s summoning range.” Any pistol that wasn’t one of those dwarven repeater pistols or revolver like Avery’s were more of a liability than a help. One shot and you had to reload. On the battlefield, relying on a weapon that took upwards of a minute to reload after every shot was a big no-no for her………..but a big yes-yes when wielded by people she needed to kill.
For the overwhelming most part, if there is semi-automatic firing, it is either a Dwarven gun (extremely expensive) or is using magic to reload it. Revolvers are Dwarven Innovations not able to be mass-produced. Bows are still a fierce competitor due to how fast a skilled bowman can fire compared to someone using the average pistol
Ash never had a problem closing the gap and taking down gunmen in pistol distance. To Ash, most of these guns were a crutch and not even a good one. You miss? You don’t get another shot against Ash, because once she gets in axe distance, that axe was planting a kiss on that skull. Avery, however, was a peculiar case. His revolver was annoying in their spars. Not only that, but he was an agile master with that knife of his. A six-shooter mixed with the ability to keep up with her sickles always made him hard to fight, but she always prevailed the moment he ran out of ammo since she would never give him a chance to reload. Letting him reload gave him 6 more chances to insta-kill her.
“That’ll change soon, Ash. Maybe I can teach you the way of the gun.” Avery said teasingly. “You taught me a lot about fighting. I can teach you to get out the stone ages.”
“I’m willing to shoot with ya, Ave,” Ash countered, “But relying on that is like relying on magic.” She didn’t have too much room to talk since it was magic that let her summon and maintain Mama Bear, but she never had a problem defending herself without her Bear companion. In a magic-free zone, her axe was still sharp. “Plus, if it ain’t a revolver, I ain’t shooting it.” She wasn’t interested in wasting 30 seconds to reload every shot

Avery laughed as they entered the Triton’s Tridents, and were hit with a smell different than that of the Sharpening Stone. Unlike that of metal and smoke from the forge, this one smelled of oil and gunpowder. “Welcome in! I’m Aegis. Guns? Rifles? Crossbows? Cannons? Explosive? We got ‘em all!” They were greeted with saleswoman enthusiasm. The woman was covered with oil and grease. Not some prim lady, but there was a pretty woman there. Just one who obviously spent a lot of time today getting her hands dirty under the hood. “Looking to restock the ship?” She had them ID’ed as pirates from the getgo. Came with the territory of wearing the Basenji crest on their clothes.
“Not unless Adonis is giving me the gold,” Ash scoffed. “I’m just browsing, but this twink here might buy something.”
“Let’s go then, Twink!” Aegis said with a broad grin
“It’s Avery,” he said quickly, “Let me see about your small arms. I’m good with my Silencer, but I might need to buy a new rifle. Sniper Style.”
“We don’t get many marksman types ‘ere. I’m gettin’ excited,” she responded and took Avery off to the side, leaving Ash to peruse the inventory, sticking to the bigger almost warehouse like part of the building. This is definitely a pocket room, Ash thought. This place was simply not big enough to house a whole damn hangar. They’re in the middle of Commerce District! Pocket Rooms were very very common, essentially just portals masquerading as doors. Hell, Elaina’s library was a Pocket Room. They’re just expensive as hell to set up unless you’re a damn good mage enough to do it on your own.

"Looking for something in particular?"
The voice belonged to a giant shark man, roided to the nines he was so built. Ash was kind of taken aback, but she had seen weirder things since joining the crew. "A regimen that gets me as bulked as you are." She held out her hand with a grin. "Ashlynn. I prefer to put axes in skulls more than bullets."
The man took her hand and shook it firmly. "You got an arm on you enough already," he said with a hearty laugh. "Lucas. I'm a Lamnidae, or shark-man as laymen call us. I handle the big guns around here." he spotted Mama Bear. "And who's this pristinely groomed lady?"
"I am known only as Mama Bear," she grumbled to him, standing on her hind legs and holding out her claw, to which Lucas took in another handshake
"First time I've shaken hands with a Bear," Lucas said with another laugh, "But hey, let me know if you need anything." He was nice as hell! Shame he's a walking shark, Ash thought. You'd be on my radar if you were a human man. Ash was a woman who would stick to human or human-adjacent enough. Humans, Elves. Maybe a Vampire. Maybe a werewolf unless he spent too much time transformed.

Last edited:
Nancy Noi
Andouphe - Commerce District

Nancy didn't have the time to appreciate Jack's sweet sentiment before his partner was on the prowl. Steven's bark from behind made his heart jump into his throat, throbbing with blood that made every limb tingle. The way he strode towards them made Nancy feel like prey being hunted, his limbs finally unlocking to take a step away from his approach. He might as well have been, because apparently he was the only thing on this man's mind. What did he want?! Why did he care so much, when the incident had nothing to do with him?!
Vespera was already on guard, but if Steven's demanding presence hadn't been enough to set her off, that paired with Nancy's expanding aversion was. And set her off it did.

Amazing. Nancy was the biggest worrywart on Earth! So how in every hell did things always manage to turn out worse than he expected?! Vespera was yelling. Steven was yelling. Jack was yelling. Everyone was yelling! Good gods, why couldn't anything just go right?
One good day. JUST ONE. Was that too much to ask for? I guess I don't deserve that...

But to his thanks, Jack's yelling actually put a stop to it all. He said his piece and trudged away from the mess that had been made. Nancy watched him leave, wishing that he wouldn't. Jack was the only one Steven would listen to, but understandably wanted nothing to do with this. He supposed that left it all to Nancy.

"Ves." He motioned her to face him, showing his hands after prying them from hugging himself. <<This isn't working out. Let me handle this alone, and I'll meet up with you and Demi after.>> Vespera could see a speck of guilt in his down-turned lips, his firm gaze aside. <<When I said I wanted you here in case it got heated, I-->> He shook his head. <<I shouldn't have involved you in this in the first place. I'm sorry. But please... no more yelling. You know how I feel about yelling.>> That honestly made him more upset than anything, even more than Steven's entitlement. The shouting had started with Ves when all Nancy wanted was to keep the peace. Maybe he should have made his expectations more clear... or maybe he really shouldn't have involved her. This was so incredibly unlike her. She was a spirited woman, but this was beyond her gung-ho, take-charge nature. It was blatant aggression in the form of defense.
Had he become that pathetic, to elicit such a response? Don't make this about you.

<<I love you, and I love that you want to stand up for me,>> he signed with shaking hands, giving her a thin smile. <<But I can handle this. If Steven makes this an issue, I can just walk away and be done with it. The rest is his problem.>> Nancy could walk away right then, but then the same problem would persist. Steven would catch him eventually, and knowing his luck, probably when he was wallowing in depression and liable to cry at the slightest provocation. The adrenaline was already coursing through his body, so he might as well make use of it.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back