Science Are humans the most superior animals in the world?

I really like the idea that the tree of life isnt a tree at all, with man at the very top. Its more like a bush. Tangled, all over the place. Nothing is on purpose, its all just the change and flow of life. Parts of the bush can be cut off, but the bush still grows. Nature is so dynamic and if we turned back the clock in time, its super likely that humans wouldnt dominate modern society as we do now. We might not even exist at all.

I fully believe that no species is better than the other. Every organism, from tiny bacteria to blue whales, depends on other species for its survival. The whole system is in checks and balances.

I really like the idea that the tree of life isnt a tree at all, with man at the very top. Its more like a bush. Tangled, all over the place. Nothing is on purpose, its all just the change and flow of life. Parts of the bush can be cut off, but the bush still grows. Nature is so dynamic and if we turned back the clock in time, its super likely that humans wouldnt dominate modern society as we do now. We might not even exist at all.

I fully believe that no species is better than the other. Every organism, from tiny bacteria to blue whales, depends on other species for its survival. The whole system is in checks and balances.

This is a very good answer. Thanks for contributing.

I would say we are not superior I mean we are smarter and better than all animals but ants I guess could be. They out number us by billions, some are poisonus, all are pretty smart and work well together. If ants were more human like then they would be the most superior.

Nature has made all living forms to be the best at what they are. Superiority among organisms doesn't exist. Never saw a man to beat a spider in weaving web, never heard of a trout earning millions at stock market.

I've never seen an alligator or something type on a computer, so I'm going to say yes.

But have you seen a man kill a tiger with his bare hands?

lol... I guess we're not that physically superior. I'd be surprised if a strong and well-trained martial artist can defeat a mere chimpanzee.

Saying "Superior" is pretty board. Do you mean physically? If so, that's a laughing competition. Technologically? Yes, we're the most advanced on earth, but that doesn't necessarily make us the best. Mentally? As far as recognisable brain patterns go, yes. But the octopus, whale and dolphin all have radically different thought processes and are shown to have advanced mental cognitive ability and unusual activity, so that's more cloudy ground. Survival/adaptability? ha. We're probably going to kill ourselves in the next millennia, and bacteria and small organisms could easily survive nuclear fallout or resource depletion. Even without single cell organisms as an example, any small insect with a viable resistance to radiation can out-beat the scrawny human for survival on a humanely uninhabitable earth.

Coming to ethics is a bit more personal. Honestly it's a bit silly for you to say "I want to have a conversation about the most superior species even thought GOD has lighted human" but then to immediately say "But science only, pls." As that's basically saying that your opinion is not based on a subject that you want to discuss and because of that you aren't really able to judge the conversation because your opinion is not based in it, nor are you using the same methods to judge the opinions of others that this thread requests. Regardless, the level of superiority depends on your viewpoint. For my personal opinion (As I assume is requested) All animals are just rungs, humans included. We're all going to enforce ourselves to the chemicals that tell us to live, breed and sleep because that's how we're made. We're constructs, advanced wiring to the cog of life. Excuse the poetry wanging but in all honesty I see us just as every other animal - creatures that have managed to find an edge but will eventually die to the inevitable collapse of everything as we know it. Science can predict relatively accurately when the sun is going to envelop the earth, the milky way will be pulled into The Great Attractor and when eventually; all life in the universe will stop appearing and the universe will go into the dark ages in which there is nothing invoking the creation of new stars. Then our universe will well and truly end, and there is no ability man has that can save us from that. I think that knowledge is really important when discussing human superiority, as we're not really above anything. We're animals, we act like animals and we think like animals. The only thing that puts us above animals is ourselves saying that - because it's easier to differentiate yourself from something you don't understand then to accept that you are one and the same.

If ants were each at least the size of dogs, the world would be eaten up six ways from Sunday! Humanity would have success that would exceed ants if it weren't for one big trait.

Free will.

Let's say the higher powers installed it as a power limiter.

Let's be real here, son. Anytime you have the ability to sit on a luxurious piece of furniture and stare at a screen you know you've made it. Whereas other animals on the Earth are always playing a game of survival. As humans we are safe within our city limits and have no fear of needing to run, search for food, or any other necessities 24/7.

Myxyzptlk Myxyzptlk

Yes... This is the reality of Man. Best suck it up and live your life as the insignificant cog that we all are.

If you'll excuse me, I have to sleep in my bed so I can go break my back to earn money so I can sleep in my bed.

Myxyzptlk Myxyzptlk

Yes... This is the reality of Man. Best suck it up and live your life as the insignificant cog that we all are.

If you'll excuse me, I have to sleep in my bed so I can go break my back to earn money so I can sleep in my bed.
Some insignificant cogs are more significant then other insignificant cogs.

If ants were each at least the size of dogs, the world would be eaten up six ways from Sunday! Humanity would have success that would exceed ants if it weren't for one big trait.

Free will.

Let's say the higher powers installed it as a power limiter.
Well they have free will to. All things that are alive have choice so yeah.

I would say we are not superior I mean we are smarter and better than all animals but ants I guess could be. They out number us by billions, some are poisonus, all are pretty smart and work well together. If ants were more human like then they would be the most superior.

And let's not forget that they use some type of fusion between monarchy and communism which puts them far above us... That just made me realize something, ants are smarter than the average human.

Let's be real here, son. Anytime you have the ability to sit on a luxurious piece of furniture and stare at a screen you know you've made it. Whereas other animals on the Earth are always playing a game of survival. As humans we are safe within our city limits and have no fear of needing to run, search for food, or any other necessities 24/7.

We have to care about bills and other stuff though so I wouldn't say we're any better.

Humans have to work and strive to do anything, domesticated animals recieve the benefits depending on their luck. If they get a kind family or not. So I suppose yes, physically and mentally humans are superior to everything else on the planet, but dogs are pretty superior in how things worked out.

Does intelligence really make you superior, though? Because that's a very human perspective to have. Outside the human race, intelligence is not used to measure how 'superior' an animal is to its others, but rather how good it can lead, hunt, protect its pact, produce, etc. So, it's not really fair to say we're exactly superior, because our way of measuring is different than how animals would measure themselves.
Then there's also the fact that just because you're intelligent, doesn't automatically make you superior. You can be the strongest, the smartest, the prettiest, what ever...but the one thing that places you above all others, is your ability to adapt :p and humans are sometimes REALLY shitty at that.

Does intelligence really make you superior, though? Because that's a very human perspective to have. Outside the human race, intelligence is not used to measure how 'superior' an animal is to its others, but rather how good it can lead, hunt, protect its pact, produce, etc. So, it's not really fair to say we're exactly superior, because our way of measuring is different than how animals would measure themselves.
Then there's also the fact that just because you're intelligent, doesn't automatically make you superior. You can be the strongest, the smartest, the prettiest, what ever...but the one thing that places you above all others, is your ability to adapt :p and humans are sometimes REALLY shitty at that.
I was about to say something similar. Yeah we're more intelligent than other animals, but that's where it stops. I think it every other aspect we're either equal with animals or they're better than us. Especially when it comes to physical stuff, because...um idk about you guys, but if I had to fight a bear with only my hands to see who is more superior...uh I'd get killed. And in nature, the animal who can survive and reproduce is the more superior one. That isn't true for humans of course, but you'd have to measure superiority differently when talking about human vs animals.

thoughtless thoughtless

It is a good thing that you have the capabilities to make a weapon that will end the bear's life without it touching you. That, alone, makes us better.

Lots of "what-ifs", but those do not matter in a question of what is.

thoughtless thoughtless

It is a good thing that you have the capabilities to make a weapon that will end the bear's life without it touching you. That, alone, makes us better.

Lots of "what-ifs", but those do not matter in a question of what is.
Personally I think that's a dumb reason to consider humans above an animal, but eh, whatever. It's not a fair measure of who is truly superior because we aren't on equal footing with animals if we have a weapons with us.

Dumb reason or not, Humans are the apex predator. Normally, intelligence does not matter too much. However, humans have such a high natural intellect that it allows us to trump the majority of the animal kingdom. Even with our physical flaws, we are smart enough to overcome them.

Humans are clearly superior to other animals.

I mean, we sent a man to moon, we have invented weapons capable of destroying the earth, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back