• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Arcane Epistles - Character Sheets and OOC

Main
Here
Lore
Here
Thats what i figured. I mean yes there would be a way to create totally new ones but only those with vary high levels of talent would be able to do so.

Wait, so they can create entirely new ones, as in plants that don't exist? Then the problem isn't taken care of at all...

Ah ok. Well, that doesn't sound like a good idea at all to me, but if we're talking about a really high level spell it's a whole different story. One for ChamomileHasWords ChamomileHasWords to decide (not that I have any authority in this otherwise anyway, as I have insisted).

Ah ok. Well, that doesn't sound like a good idea at all to me, but if we're talking about a really high level spell it's a whole different story. One for ChamomileHasWords ChamomileHasWords ChamomileHasWords ChamomileHasWords to decide (not that I have any authority in this otherwise anyway, as I have insisted).

Doesn't sound great to Will or me ethier, i guess in thoery we have the idea of spells that are so high in mana that most wouldn't try or even if banned spells, probably do to the danger of them. Will wouldnt do it, but Will has this whole do no harm thing going on

The problem is that the spells you're creating are not ones only your character has access to. Every single green mage of sufficient proficiency has access to them provided they know the spell exists. The way I see it, the ability to conjure any plant is already pretty catastrophic world-building-wise, but to make up entirely new ones...

Well, either way I can only leave the judgement on whether it's enough that the spell is high level and/or forbidden to be permissible to ChamomileHasWords ChamomileHasWords

Definitely don't make a spell that's bad for the setting and just hope no one uses it.

If you're struggling to define spells, hexes are usually easier.

Definitely don't make a spell that's bad for the setting and just hope no one uses it.

If you're struggling to define spells, hexes are usually easier.
How do you feel about what I've had listed

If the only limitation is that a character has to know about the plants they're creating, that spell can still do basically anything, which means no one ever needs to learn any other spell for any reason. We make up new magic plants with arbitrary new powers all the time, and it's not hard for people to learn about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back