• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Apocalypse World

Everyone add an asterisk next to your tagged skills. Also pls tell me how y'all know eachother?? Did you all just come off a job together? Did you just group up just because?

hmm...

(spitballing ideas here)

Bartol and I could know each other from a previous altercation in another more... shady town that hasn't been named for the sake of keeping it simple(ish).

Let's say the Hardhold there was a crooked man running an equally crooked business on the side. Bartol got himself caught up in a deal gone south (he wasn't a part of it but he took the blame for it, maybe he ended up killing some of the Hardhold's men because they were going after bystanders that saw too much?)

at the same time there was a rouge Brainer that wasn't under any sort of contract snooping around causing problems for herself and everyone else involved. The Hardhold then pulls in Charmer and gives them a task that eventually leads her right to Bartol with the hope that the two problems take care of themselves?

they could either have an actual standoff... in which Charmer would probably get eviscerated by armor piercing rounds... lol, or they'd come to realize that it was a setup and end up turning on the Hardhold. Charmer gets off scot-free for pulling people off the streets and reading them (and then blackmailing a few people for various services, because that's totally something she'd do...) and Bartol gets some cigs for his troubles, or maybe a few other assorted goodies?

Lance
could be the very same driver from Charmer's past that rescued her from the badlands and dropped her off at the nearest town (and also left her to pay her own medical bills like a true gentleman ((lol)), but to be fair if he was the one who saved her ... she probably bled all over his seats ((sorry)) and figures they owe him some compensation, hence why he was invited to take part in the current job and get a cut of the pay?)

Sunny seems pretty distant from Solvernia's first post (the kind of distance you would have when meeting someone for the first time... and not really the kind described in her personality section) so perhaps she is the odd one out in the group that was hired alongside us?

I like it. The road ties them all together!

(Lmao at bleeding over seats) For Sunnie, the road's all she's ever known. Lance is likely to see her hitchhike and then she convinces him to help out (not rescue?) Charmer. But Lance would probably hold it over Charmer and Sunnie now and then~ hehe! Bartol hmm maybe Bartol and Charmer, after teaming up, recruited Lance and Sunnie for this job?

I'm fine with Charmer and Bartol having a past. On my end, that will answer "Which one of you has fought shoulder to shoulder with me? Give that person Hx+2." Charmer can recruit Sunny and Lance, I'm writing Hx-1 for both of you.

@zanarkand

If solvernia doesn't come and highlight some of my stats soon, can you do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one of you once got me out of some serious shit? Hx+2 ((Charmer?))

Which one of you has been with me for days on the road? Hx+2 ((Sunnie?))

Which one of you have I caught sometimes staring out at the horizon? Hx+1 ((Bartol?))

• Which one of you has slept in my presence(knowingly or un-)? ((Lance))
  • Which one of you have I been watching carefully, in secret? ((Bartol))
  • Which one of you most evidently dislikes and distrusts me? ((Sunny))

are my questions of the day!

Enigmatic Cat] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/8820-lux___wolf/ said:
@Lux___Wolf[/URL]
that's fine, do we want a story to go along with that? :P

or are we just trying to fill this stuff out quickly?
Heck yea, there got to be a story to this! :D Maybe Lance owed some money, and Charmer charmed? And this as well?

• Which one of you has slept in my presence(knowingly or un-)?

@Lux___Wolf

question is, was it knowingly or not? :P

your character is already the only person who knows what Piper actually looks like. (in our group)

@Lux___Wolf

4dacf1d7-9824-4824-8ae3-6c9359ac73b9.jpg

hmm, well. regardless of the choice above (and I'll leave that up to you)

Maybe she gathered some info from various sources to track you down (to thank you/ scold you slightly for the medical bills((lol))) and ended up getting a message to you for a meeting.

You were, at the time, in a bind but you came anyway because you knew I might be able to help you out (and square out the debt owed. perhaps the current job is just because we know we're good allies already.)

what was the situation, though? Did he misplace some cargo he was transporting? or?

@Tzer @Enigmatic Cat @solvernia @Lux___Wolf

It's been more than 2 days since I posted and it's been Tzer's turn this whole time. So Cat, if you'd like to post then you can!

I was thinking of making this rp on Discord where, for most of the week, we'd post in a turn order and then one day a week (preferably Sunday or Monday) we can all come together to play it out for like an hour or more, depending on whats going on irl. The idea where we still post during the week is so that we can still move things along even if it's not as fast as when we're all there.

I'm here, I didn't know it was my turn. I'll get to posting soon, I'm at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back