• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy AP: Awakening

Characters
Here
Aetrius had ran down the hallway, not giving a second glance in the room she left as her mind was elsewhere. Her mind wracked with fear, what if after they had both been knocked out the assassin went after Linde and-No. That wasn't a thought she could bear having. She knocked on the door and awaited an answer for a moment, but after having nothing, she opened it slowly, to only see Linde had passed out on the floor. "Linde?!" she called out in a panic as she rushed to the unconscious woman, placing a hand on her, she could feel the sweat-covered skin, it was a hot sweat, having meant she was fighting off some kind of sickness and fever. She sighed with a slight tinge of relief, gently picking up Linde and gently laying her in the bed against the wall. Giving her one more look over before she left to go back to Kieran and the mysterious woman.

Entering the room once more Aetrius eyed the woman, giving her slight distance as she sheathed her sword back in its scabbard by her hip, "Who are you?" she questioned, her voice was rather harsh and cold, gone were the feelings of panic and anxiety. She still contained those emotions, but now she grew with suspicion and uncertainty for who this strange woman was. Entering the room once more Aetrius eyed the woman, giving her slight distance as she sheathed her sword back in its scabbard by her hip, Who are you?" she questioned, her voice was rather harsh and cold, gone were the feelings of panic and anxiety. She still contained those emotions, but now she grew with suspicion and uncertainty for who this strange woman was, especially now that she simply had left and changed into some other clothes, as well as having some items she hadn't had before. Never once taking her eyes off the woman, keeping her hand close to the sword by her side if this woman decided to attack, even though she wasn't in the best stat to fight.

Checking the hammer of her guns, Emmaryys took an unsteady breath, what if there was a round two? Would she be ready to protect the unknown woman? Let alone could she bring herself to actually kill someone? Those thoughts plagued her mind, that is before an unfamiliar, harsh voice ripped the noblewoman's thoughts away from if another fight was to come, and back to the crimson-haired woman, who asked who she was. It was a harsh and cold tone, though fair to have such a tone, it still didn't sit well to Emmaryys, whose response was blunt, "I could ask the same. But that'd get us nowhere." A backhanded comment, intended to be with light comedic intentions, "Emmaryys. And you are?" A simple glance at the woman noted her stature now, especially in the light of the candle lit from Mila working, she was much taller and looked physically stronger than Emmaryys by a long shot. If things got to be a close fight, the noblewoman would most assuredly lose, but that was not what she was here for, nor wanted, as her Estoc remained in her caravan, which did little help in the inn....

Aetrius kept her eyes on the woman, never letting her thousand-yard stare waver. She kept a note of the weapons this woman had, pistols. Long-range attacks, as well as they, would take time to reload if she was a terrible shot. Realizing her tone had been a bit too rough, as well as hard on her vocals she cleared her throat, it came out as more of a strained cough than anything that rattled her chest. "Aetrius." she said all too bluntly, crossing her arms. Pacing a bit as her arms laid crossed over her chest she thought, it wasn't any of this woman's business to get involved if she was innocent. Keeping the innocent out of a situation like this was a primary goal for them, don't get someone involved unless you have to. "I know this really, really looks bad on our part. But it is not what you think, trust me." she said with as much reassurance as she could muster. "This was one of our rented rooms, and things went south with a deal between us and someone else." she said as cooly as she could, bending the truth wasn't entirely the wrong thing to do, but she was pretty sure that a broken and blood-covered chair in the corner would say otherwise.

The stare never broke, as the crimson-haired woman kept her gaze locked, much akin to a cardinal to its food. A cough soon broke the still silence, as the woman introduced herself, Aetrius. An interesting name to say the least, though her name seemed pretty, her attitude could use some adjustment maybe an etiquette class taught by Mila was in order for her. Though that wasn't the topic to be discussed, as Emmaryys looked at the window and the other red-haired woman, "I can see that, the window was broken inwards..." Her remark was fast, as she kept gaze with the woman, "And might I ask what that deal was that involved a chair sullied with blood, and then a scuffle in your rented room?" Now was time for a full explanation, as promised from Aetrius. Though something kept itching the back of Emmaryys' mind, who was the other woman, and this Linde? Is it the same Linde she's heard trade rumors about? And how did Emmaryys not notice these people before tonight? There were almost one-thousand questions she could ask, but first, she wanted to know what in the nine-hells happened in this room before asking the other questions, as, she'd rather report to the Innkeep on the matter, rather than letting the two other women report the incident... But first, Emmaryys wanted to know what the story was that woke her...

Aetrius sighed as the woman questioned what had really taken place, as much as she wanted to be honest, she couldn't at least not yet. She didn't know if this woman could be trusted. No one could be trusted, she didn't even know if she could trust the people she had spent the past few months with anymore-No. Those were the thoughts Niils had planted in her mind. She could trust them, couldn't she? Her eyes traced from the window back to the woman, and then back to Kieran who was now lying on a bed. Aetrius brushed past the woman that introduced herself as Emmaryys, and gently placed a hand on Kieran's shoulder, squeezing gently. "I'm sorry..." she blamed herself for getting Kieran involved in the fight and seeing from the remnants of encrusted blood in her hair, her injury may have been even worse than she originally thought. Slowly she turned her head to look back to the woman, "Private matter, once the others get here I can explain everything. Just know that we aren't merciless killers. As long as you mind your business, you'll be well left alone." she said with a sigh as she sat on the bed, slowly feeling herself become slightly lightheaded as well as a sharp pain as she finally realized there was some dried blood along her nose and mouth, noticing now that her mouth was indeed tasting of iron, an all too familiar taste. "Uhm...Would it be too much to ask for some water?" she asked, her demeanor and attitude changing into that not of a warrior, but more of a concerned and worried individual.

Not the answer she wanted. Emmaryys' brows furrowed as she knew that the Innkeep would find out eventually, especially since it at least woke one, and only the gods knew who else. But that was another matter, as she watched the woman approach the other, she had some words for her, "I had my retainer Mila-Lynn give some care to her. Be sure she doesn't get up immediately, as she'll be quite dazed." It felt best to just put that out there, as Emmaryys stood once more, walking over with familiar knocking sound against the ground from her soles, the rifle was leaned against the wall where she was sitting but a moment ago, "I've my weapons, as to be sure that if there was any more of a quarrel, it would end swiftly." With those words, an air of confidence was given, she wanted to instill that she was not one to just let others die. However, an ask of water was easily answered, "Here. Take from this." Emmaryys responded, handing a metal canister encased in leather, a simple canteen that she had made with simple scrap metal she had on hand one day. It stored water far better than any waterskin ever could, and couldn't be cut open as easily. With her canteen came other kind words, in regards to the woman, "I've my faith in Mila-Lynn, she's no Angel of Cre'Est, but she's at least a skilled doctor. After all, Papa did pay for her schoolings..." With her last comment came a light laugh, before looking at Aetrius, "And as for the minding my own business, I will when I am not awoken at..." A pause came as she pulled out her pocket clock, "Four-seventeen in the morning. Presuming that it has been ten minutes..."

Aetrius nodded as Emmaryys explained that she had someone come and make sure that Kieran was okay as well as tended to whatever wound she may have, "Thank you.." she said softly as she gently caressed Kieran's forehead, guilt was setting in hard as well as a bit of anger. Taking a deep breath to recompose herself she looked back up at the woman as she spoke, a grin formed on her face at the mention of the woman's weapons and how she would have put an end if things had become violent once more. "I only fight if I have to, if you could believe that...As well as I'd be no good in a fight, all considering." she said as she took the canteen, taking a small sip and passed it back to the woman, rest her head in her hands for a moment.

"Angel Of Cre'Est? You mean Linde?" she questioned with an arched brow. "And I'm sorry for awakening you...It wasn't planned for things to go south so far as they did.." she said rather softly, obvious regret and sincerety were evident in her voice.

Emmaryys nodded along, simply listening to the woman, before taking her canteen back, setting it back to the place it always went on her belt. There was obvious guilt in the woman's words, as she regretted the altercation, of course, so did Emmaryys, as sleep wasn't exactly something she came by easily. Though she felt the need to lighten the mood somehow. As she thought about it, she reached for another part of her many pouches on her hips, pulling out something wrapped poorly in paper, as if it was opened earlier. Her eyes gazed over, as the topic was changed to another person, "Um.. I do not know her name, so I shall assume yes, Lady Aetrius. Many of my father's trading partners from there have spoken highly of her and her work, though I do not know much of her per se..." With those words, she began unwrapping the paper, taking a small piece before looking at Aetrius, offering it over, "Chocolate?" A simple question, and attempt to raise the mood again...

Aetrius chuckled, "Yes, Linde as I and the others call her, or well, as you and many refer to her as the 'Angel Of Cre'Est', I've known her for a few months by now." her tone was calm and a small smile appeared as she spoke, the memories of their first meeting came back to mind all those months ago back in the small village of Atluum. She quickly shook her head, "And no need to call me Lady Aetrius. Aetrius will do just fine. I'm not exactly one for such a title, not anymore anyway." a small sigh escaped her lips as stretched, pain spreading through her body as she moved, rest would be something she'd need, but something she wouldn't be able to afford, at least not until Kyero and Lonan returned with Josephine. Her attention was taken aback once more when Emmaryys offered her a small piece a chocolate, "No thank you, maybe some other time though." she said with a small smile, trying to be as polite as she could. It hurt to talk, nevermind even trying eat something, possibly in the morning she could find something to help with the pain.

So she knows of the woman whom her father's traders speak highly of, interesting. What was more interesting to Emmaryys was the smile that Aetrius had for but a moment, it was a sharp change from the harsh tones that were given before. As the moment dragged for a moment, Emmaryys spoke again, "My apologies, I am accustomed to saying 'Lady Aetrius' and the like, regardless of title." Her remark was gentle, the pain seemed to set in from what Emmaryys could tell, "Here, La--..." Her words were cut, as she paused to correct herself, "Aetrius, I'll ask you retire to bed, if you would like, you may use the room I've rented, while I keep an eye on your sister... No need to worry, I've no ill will harbored against either of you. And enough firepower to handle any assassin through that window." Emmaryys' words were supportive, now that the adrenaline began to settle down, she couldn't bring herself to sleep another wink, stupid fear. But that was besides the point, as Emmaryys glanced towards the window, that was an expensive fix, mostly due to the glass that now needed replacement. But, that was placed aside, as for now, all was quiet once again...

Aetrius looked back as the woman spoke and chuckled, "It's alright, I don't expect you to be able to drop how you're used of talking for someone like me. It's no issue." she said with a small smile, but her brows furrowed as the woman mentioned that she should go and rest, that Emmaryys could watch for the rest of the night, that would have been an easily accepted offer but with Lonan and Kyero returning in the morning she wouldn't be able to explain what would happen or guarenteed she'd be safe from their initial response. Shaking her head she answered, "Normally I would accept the offer, but I really should be the one here when the boys come back...trust me, it's uhm...Complicated." she said with a soft yet awkward chuckle.

Emmaryys took a deep breath, Aetrius wasn't willing to sleep either. With the injuries sustained from the night, she needed to get at least some rest, hence why the noblewoman offered her bed, as to give Aetrius something comfortable to lay on as she began to recover. Though she did make a fair point, what would Emmaryys say to the companions of Aetrius and her sister should they come in and some strange woman, armed with multiple firearms, was there with an unconscious friend. That would prove a tricky situation that Emmaryys likely would not get out of easily. Thoughts aside, Emmaryys spoke again, she wasn't going to back down that easily, "]You are injured, you need the rest. Even if it's in here while I keep an eye on things." Her words made it apparent, she was not going to back off that easily, "Two hours. Sleep for at least that long and I shall leave the matter alone. Please...."

The young bounty hunter sighed as whoever this woman was, was just as stubborn and bull-headed as herself. She begrudgingly nodded and sighed as she slowly stood up from the edge of the bed and sat along the wall, resting her back as she stretched. Finally feeling all of the pain and soreness come back she nodded as she slowly over time began to tip to one side as she slid down the wall until her head reached the floor. A soft thud sounded as her head made contact with the hardwood floor, using her arm as a pillow she gave the other woman one more glance as she yawned, "Two hours...No more...no less.." she muttered as she could feel her eyes grow heavier and heavier as the temptation of sleep finally over came her, and she found herself drifting off to hopeful sleep.

With her resolve defeating the stubbornness of Aetrius, Emmaryys took a light breath, while watching the red-headed woman begin to slump off to a light sleep, a further check of her pocket-clock noted the time once again, while two hours was what she bargained for, that was not fully her intentions. Emmaryys had no intentions of letting Aetrius wake for at least three to four hours. That was besides the point, as the noblewoman began to keep her eyes to not only the door, but also the window, and eventually, her book, as the light of the sun would eventually begin to slowly illuminate the room once more.....

The morning sun soon pierced through the broken and shattered window of the inn, casting its bright morning light into the room. Aetrius groaned as she slowly tossed and turned on the floor, until reality came crashing down on her like a ton of house bricks. "Shit!" she exclaimed as she quickly, but painfully sat up, looking around the room, seeing that Kieran was still asleep in the bed, and woman from before was still sitting in the chair. "What time is it?" she questioned as she sorely stretched, a loud crack of her neck sounded. "I wonder when-" she began, stopping as she heard a commotion come from downstairs in the inn, familiar voices sounded as footsteps came up the stairs and down the hallway towards, them. "They're back!" she called as she brushed past the woman and opened the door, "Lonan, Kyero I'm so glad you're- she started but was silenced when she saw how they looked. "Son of a bitch, you look like shit." she exclaimed as she ushered them in and closed the door, finally seeing the three of them brought a small and short smile to her face as her eyes trailed onto Josephine.

Her heart was slowly filled with rage and anger as her eyes examined the woman. It didn't take too much to realize what had happened, but it was enough for her blood to boil. "He is going to pay for this...Which...I have a lot of explaining to do..." her voice lowered as she realized she'd have to tell the others about what happened, that Niils had gotten away and why they looked so beaten up. But what mattered more now was that their wounds were tended to first and that Josephine got the proper care she needed. "But first, what happened with you guys? You look...Terrible."

ZAGAROTH DANYELL

Down below in the streets, a group of hungry eyes glared at the castle guards. Children. Three of them. Together they moved around, huddling close to the building walls and taking positions to wait for one of the guards patrolling a preset route. As he got in close, two of the kids ran up in front of him as a distraction while the third snuck up behind him and swiped his coin pouch, running the other way. The guard noticed at the last second and tried to chase the kid, but the others tripped him up and ran off as well.

Zagaroth's eyes followed the three kids. It reminded him of his childhood and it almost made him to want to help them, but he couldn't. If he was being spotted for helping another thief, his own job would be ruined. While he had spend most of his life stealing alone, he could see the benefit of the three kids working together. Everyone had to start somewhere.

While the other two disappeared into the alley, the one who snatched the purse had scrambled over to the base of the water tower and hid behind an empty barrel. Once the soldier ran by, the boy came out from behind the barrel and climbed up the ladder as quickly as he could. And as he reached the top and hopped up onto the platform, he spied Zag and froze, coin pouch in one hand and the other gripping the ladder.

As the kid was coming up the ladders, Zag's eyes were still on the guard under them. ”Well, come up. He'll see you if you stay there.” He simply stated, not turning his gaze away from the guard.

The kid's eyes stayed glued to Zag's, not daring to so much as blink. Even as he spoke, he kept one leg primed for helping jump down the ladder. However, as the sounds of footsteps below caught his attention, he instinctively hopped onto the platform and flattened himself out against the water container. The soldier jogged back to his post, and slammed his heel into the ground in anger as he resumed his post. Zag watched the guard and got even a small joy seeing the frustration on his face. As always, high places were most people's blind spots.

The kid, lying on his stomach, peeked over the edge carefully before slipping back again to avoid any possible detection. And as he did so, his eyes slid towards Zag "You're not gunne turn me in?"

Keeping his tone low and quiet to avoid unwanted attention, Zagaroth shook his head. ”Never a fellow pickpocket.” He glanced at the boy and nodded towards the stolen coin pouch. ”Good snatch but don't rush at the end. Slow and steady is often more efficient than quick and hasty.” He paused and added, ”They won't even feel it be gone.”

The kid glanced to the pouch and back to Zag. "What are ya doing up here?"

"Waiting" he replied. "Waiting a messenger from Veilbrand to come deliver a package for the holder of the throne. They would have similar accent to mine" He told the boy, hoping to get few pieces of information if he had seen anything.

The kid blinked, and looked down at the soldier. "You mean the mail person? They don't go to the castle. Mail people need to go through the right entrance. This is the wrong side of the castle."

"I see" Zagaroth said glancing down to his surroundings and the guards’ current locations. The new information was valuable, but now he had to decide what to do with it. The kid was clearly a local and as such Zag didn’t suspect him of lying. However the question was if the messenger was aware of the other entrance or would he also come to the main gates? Zag also hoped that the courier would be unaware of the throne being empty. And even if he was wrong, they would come to the castle eventually - and he would be waiting until then.

For now he could either stay and wait or change place. Zag let out a quiet, deep sigh knowing the risk of missing the courier all together depending on his choice. Rubbing his forehead he thought about best solution. If he stayed put, there was risk of the target using another route in his blind-spot to go straight to the West gate. And if he changed, the risk was having the messenger arriving to main gate and leaving after learning about empty throne. His mind traveled to having the kid and his friends to help him. They were familiar with the city, guards’ stroll times and much more. Extra pair of eyes and ears just in his reach. “Hey, kiddo? What’s your name?” he asked, glancing at the kid with a friendly tone in his voice.

The child was leery, eyeing Zag up and down before glancing down towards the streets again in the direction his friends had run. He knew where they'd gone and that they were safe. No way the guard caught them. Silently, he glanced back to Zag. "... Christopher." He said quietly.

"Nice to meet you Christopher. I'm William." Zag said casually taking the extra measure to not reveal his real name during travels. "Are you worried of your friends?" He asked having noticed the glance from the kid.

Christopher shook his head. "Nah. They're not gunna get caught by the guards. We know these streets inside and out." He shifted his weight. "They should be coming back soon to distract the guard again so I can stop hiding. Are you going to stay up here?"

Zagaroth pondered his response for a while, eventually deciding on a plan. "You see kiddo, this man I'm waiting for is really important and I can't avoid to miss him. Since you and your friends know this city, would you like to help me out? I'll give you some money for food in return."

Christopher eyed Zag unblinkingly for a moment. "... You'll give us money to make sure you meet someone?" He shifted uncomfortably. "That's kinda an odd request, isn't it?"

"It is", Zagaroth admitted. "But he has something I need. You don't have to approach him either. Just give me information about where he moves."

Christopher remained silent for a long moment, looking down towards the guards as his friends appeared in the alley and drew him away again. Once the guard was gone, Christopher looked at Zag. "Fine. But no funny stuff." He said, moving to the ladder and pausing before he went down. "I'll tell my friends. Wait here, and we'll be back later."

Zagaroth nodded and smiled. "No funny stuff." He reassured Christopher and with that, Christopher went down the ladder and disappeared into the alley.

About fifteen minutes went by, during which the guard came back to his post before being drawn away again a short time later, this time with a weapon in hand. Christopher, and an older, larger kid, ascended the ladder and sat in front of Zag. "I'm Sorte. Chris tells me you'll pay us for helping you find someone, yeah?"

Zagaroth nodded. "Indeed I am, Sorte. A messenger from Veilbrand should arrive to the castle today. I cannot tell you how he looks, but their accent would be same as mine. My best knowledge of the person is that they try to avoid pulling attention at themselves. They might not look as your typical messenger. I was following a group of merchants, but there is a change they have changed their outfit by now." he kept his tone friendly and polite. After all, kids who survived the streets did have smarts and would notice if he was acting suspicious towards them.

Sorte kept a wary gaze on Zagaroth."Veilbrand accent. Not much to go on, but it's something... So how much are we getting for this?"

Zag counted in his mind of how much money he still had left and how much he would need for himself. Of course there was always the option to steal more in need. "10 silver." He said firmly knowing it would get the group some meat for couple of days. "You don't need to approach him, just keep eyes and ears open."

Sorte arched an eyebrow. "That's quite generous of you. And how do we contact you? Do you have some kind of special hideout we can go to or something once we find something to report? This water tower isn't always safe, especially after dark."

"I do not. I only arrived the city last night, but if you have such a place in mind, I would be more than happy to hear about it." Zagaroth replied, while paying a mental note about not sticking at the tower until dark.

Sorte took in a deep breath. "... Fine. For ten silver, you can hang out at one of our spots and we'll report anything we find to you there as soon as it comes up.” He held out a hand. "Pay up, and Chris will take you to the hideout. I'll let the others know what our job is."

"Half now, half after I get what I need." Zag took 5 silver from his pouch. 5 silver was still a good amount of money that he was risking to give the kids that would run off, even if he wanted to believe they could be trusted. He dropped the coins on Sorte's hand.

Sorte eyed the five silver, turning the coins around in his hand before pocketing them. "Fine. Chris, take the man to the hideout. I'm going to catch up to the others and let them know what's going on."

"Sure thing, S. Follow me." Chris went to the ladder and climbed down to street level to begin leading Zag to their destination. Passing through the alleys and side streets, Zagaroth took more mental notes of the city's streets and hiding spots. Chris led him to an older building with a large wooden fence around it. Towards the rear of the building, Christopher checked their surroundings before pulling a single board that was ever so slightly grayer in color than the rest to the side. "Through here. Quick." He urged. Even with his slim figure Zag had some issues to fit through the cap but managed to squeeze through. 'A kid sized entrance, smart idea' he thought in his mind impressed how well the group had been thinking small details like that.

Leading Zag inside the fence and then replacing the plank in the fence, Chris led him cautiously around to the rear entrance up a small set of stairs. Chris knocked on the door twice, waited two seconds, knocked three times, and waited four seconds, before knocking once more. A moment later, the door's lock clicked, and it was opened from the inside by a young man in his late teens who looked like he could handle himself in a scrape.

"Who's this?" The young man asked.
"He's cool. We're gonna help him find someone. He's giving us ten silver for it. Five now, five when we get him the info he needs."
"... Sorte okayed this?"
"Yep. He gave the order to bring him here." Chris replied.
"Good enough for me. Come on in."

He backed out of the way, and Chris led Zag inside. Zagaroth nodded as a greeting to the teenager and then looked around the place. The place was a bit run down, but overall the walls and roof were solid enough to withstand the elements. Solid wood floors, an old kitchen area and dining room, a bathroom, and a few makeshift beds upstairs in the bedrooms. "Nice place you have" He said to Chris with a sincere voice. The way these kids had organized everything, even a guard at the door and password system reminded him of how things were going on Veilbrand right now. You couldn't be too careful.

"Make yourself at home. Sorte and the guys should be coming around by sundown. We don't usually wander the city at night."

"So what's the city at nights like? Since you guys avoid it?" Zagaroth asked while taking off his scarf and hood, placing his bags down and took a seat on one of the chairs. "It seems you don't have too much trouble handing the patrol guards."

"Well. Mostly we avoid going out at night because it's not well lit. The city's been trying to upgrade and replace the lamps which light the streets, but ever since the Queen died that was put in hold until a new ruler is crowned." Chris replied. "Yeah. Plus, it gets real creepy at night. All the shadows and animals that roam around when the sun goes down. Ugh." Another kid said with a shiver.

Zagaroth nodded even if he was surprised to hear the kids feared dark. To him darkness was more welcomed than daylight. But then again, they were just kids. "So this new ruler. Who are they?" He ask looking at Chris with some interest.

Chris shook his head. "Nobody yet. Something about a waiting period for a named successor. But they aren't showing up. A couple more days and the Royal Vizier, guy named Niils, becomes King." "Yeah. I never liked that guy. He's got shifty eyes." Said the other kid.

"That is very interesting situation." He replied while making a mental note of the name. If this Niils was to be good friends with Erguus, it might be even more trouble than originally thought. "Can you tell me more about him?"

The kids looked at one another. "Umm... I don't know what he looks like. I've never seen the guy. But I know he went missing recently. Guards were searching every household for him." Chris said. "Yeah. Dunno what happened. But I'll bet it's a bunch of political crap." The other said.

"Ah politics. No matter the country it seems always to be causing trouble." Zag relaxed in the chair. An empty throne, and a missing noble who might be the next King. Something shady was definitely going on in the city. His thoughts drifted to the package the courier would be delivering. As if that wasn't just as shady situation in hand. He had had a lucky day to meet the kids who proved to be quite the information source.

"Hey. This guy said something about a messenger from Veilbrand. Know anything about those guys?" Chris asked of the other kid.
"Uhh... They have to use the other entrance, right? Not the main gate, but the other one on the side?"
"Yeah. I'm pretty sure of that too. But without a ruler, they're keeping it closed."
"He might be laying low in the slums somewhere near the entrance. You think Sorte would know to look there?"
"Most likely. But if not, we can tell him when he gets back later."

He listened their conversation with his eyes closed, again thinking how smart the kids were. A slum near the entrance, to check a place like that hadn't even crossed his mind, but it was a perfect cover for that same reason. Hiding in a plain sight. But for now, he would wait the information group to come back and then plan his next move. Hopefully he would able to steal the gift still tonight.

belgiansignature.regular.png
With a brief moment of silence, Aetrius finally had gone to rest her injuries, leaving Emmaryys alone for the most part. While she wasn't exactly alone, it was more the loneliness that one had while awake amidst those who are asleep. That was fine to her, as the noblewoman soon counted her coin, as she knew the repair cost of the window, let alone the floors and chair, would prove to be a fair sum, likely a few gold at most in theory. The window was likely to be the majority of the cost due to production included making the glass to panel the window and so on. It was a long process that oft took weeks at minimum. Yet that was pushed aside, as Emmaryys stood from her chair, holstering the pistol that was in hand, it was best to talk to the innkeep before he came knocking and found out of the newly shattered window. It was also best that she approached the matter over Aetrius and her companions, as a noble reporting the matter could keep things under wraps far better than a commoner would. Another check of the pocket clock, it was still to early, the Innkeep would not quite be awake yet. This left the young noblewoman with little to do, as the silence was only interrupted by the sounds of deep, restful breathing, paired with the ticking of her pocket clock, ticking each second by...

With her eyes adjusted, Emmaryys began on something else, a third handgun was positioned oft by her lower back, however, protruding from the barrel was what appeared to be a small harpoon head, which connected in some way to what was guessed to be a reeling system of sorts that would pull the harpoon back, or, her to the harpoon. It was an intriguing weapon, as it seemed to have a latch at the top, which she pulled up, tilting the barrel down and revealing the breech, empty. A small breath was taken, as Emmaryys spoke gently, quieting her voice for those asleep, as she knew she had walked into something much bigger than she knew, and wanted to know more, "I may need you soon, Reid. Best to have you ready to move too...." She remarked, taking what appeared to be just a simple paper packet that wrapped tightly into a cylinder small enough to just fit into the chamber of this one-shot weapon. With the paper roll in place, Emmaryys brought the barrel back up quickly, with a hard ka-clack sound of the joint latching to itself. After a simple glance over the gun, she set it back to a special leather holster that was designed for only this gun. After which, a small snapping sound could be heard by Emmaryys, dulled by her skirt.

Lighting a small candle, Emmaryys would lean back into her chair once more, reaching into a small bag, pulling out yet another book, to pass some of the time while Aetrius slept. Without even acknowledgement, Emmaryys knew she had lied to Aetrius, two hours was not enough time for her to fully rest, and as such, she planned to let Aetrius sleep for some time. A couple hours passed quietly, before Emmaryys could hear the footfalls of the Innkeep, setting her book down, she walked to the door, quietly opening and stepping out. The Innkeep looked baffled, "Lady Emmaryys, what are you in there for-?"

"'tis a long explanation, but the young ladies in this room had a scuffle. They're under my care at the moment, however, I feel the need to pay for the damages involved. As they were attacked, with the window shattered." Her words paused, as a small satchel was handed, the sounds of metal hitting metal was audible in the hall, "That should well cover the damages to the window and chair. I once again apologize for-"

"No need. The money is enough. Just...." The Innkeep paused, taking a hard sigh as he did not enjoy when this happened, "Be sure, it never happens again." After those words, the large man continued his shift of door beatings to wake people who asked for food. While she had a moment, Emmaryys walked downstairs, gathering a small plate of breads, cheeses, and so on for when Aetrius and her sister woke, followed by a pitcher of ale. While Emmaryys didn't drink, she hadn't an idea if the other two did.

--

Hours passed by quietly, as only Emmaryys was up in the room, eventually Mila-Lynn would enter, now looking more readied to be seen, to check up on the other woman. Nothing worth noting, and as the sun crept it's light through the room, Emmaryys extinguished the candle, and worked on her rifle once more, this time, taking a brief moment to load it. Something did not feel right to her, something was bound to happen and Emmaryys just had that sense that she would become involved by accident. This worried her, what could she have gotten herself into this time? What was she going to have to do-

"Shit! What time is it?"

That word alone had scared Emmaryys out of her skin, as she sharply looked to Aetrius, who then went rushing out of the room and down the stairs, Emmaryys hadn't even gotten to answering and suddenly the red-haired woman was gone. The clock's time read fifteen minutes after three in the afternoon. But that was besides the point, as the noblewoman rose quickly, running after Aetrius, trying to catch up to ask what was happening. Getting downstairs, she now saw two men carrying a woman she had some knowledge of, the men was a deep-toned man with black hair and.... Red eyes? What made that common? The other, was another crimson-haired man who seemed similar to Aetrius... Maybe they're siblings? The woman she knew of, Josephine Dexantro, heiress to the throne to Triveila, this sparked Emmaryys to speak,

"I would kindly recommend, Aetrius, and her friends, that you lot head to your room. Less to draw a crowd." As she spoke those words, that feeling she had earlier was correct, as now, she had a reason to act just from looking at Josephine....

This was going to be unpleasant for her, and House Littlefield.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back