• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasia_Baby

Hit Me!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
(sorry this took so long, was fighting with the layout options xD)

Maisy was honestly terrified as she walked slowly towards the commander's office, she had never received a official summons like this. Surely it could only mean that she was in trouble. But had she done
something wrong? She wracked her brain but couldn't think of anything... Perhaps her commander was finally done with her and this was about being moved to a different squad. She had interacted with the commander sure, with only 100 members of the squad and her always being eager to help they interacted. As she reached the door she took a moment to calm her breathing, taking a shaky breath and smoothing her shirt before knocking loudly. She waited for that "Come in" before entering, her stance professional and her salute perfect "Good afternoon commander, this is Bergeson reporting as requested" she began rather awkwardly, before entering and standing in front of him while maintaining her salute. She was to anxious to fully go at ease, so she remained standing but allowed her arms to fall to her side. She listened to Erwin explaining why she had been called in, fully expecting to be terminated.

However a glimmer of surprise danced across her face, he was aware that she had inside knowledge to the military police..? She listened carefully while trying to ignore the terrifying presence of Levi in the
background, barely managing to keep her gaze locked on Erwin's forehead "O-of course sir, I completely understand and thank you for this opportunity. My heart and body will always be dedicated to the Scouts, I will no longer take part in anything that would reflect poorly on our cause." she told him truthfully, her way of letting him know that she would put a stop to her poppy milk operation. Once dismissed she turned
to captain Levi, a man she recognized as her savior and someone she respected immensely. Despite this she had been terrified to approach him, with such a high ranking she'd only be a nuisance.
So this was their first time interacting face to face, thus she gave him the proper salute "S-sorry to cause you so much trouble, are we leaving straight away..? Without giving my partner any notice, I don't know how he'll react" She told him hesitantly, not managing to hold eye contact for even a second.

He was tasked with making sure things were shut down, also she assumed to be sure that she could be trusted. She knew that they'd be going to the Underground immediately, but it didn't hurt to ask.
She couldn'tpass over the perfect opportunity to bring the supplies she had gathered for her family in the underground, with someone so intimidating she felt confident nobody would try stealing from them "I just need to gather some stuff from my room and I'll be ready sir" She assured him. There was a lot of anxiety in her body, she couldn't help but fear it was a trap even though there was no reason to assume that. Commander Erwin had saw she was uncomfortable discussing her MP contact, but she doubted that was something Levi would let slip by. It was something shameful for her to admit to, how she got such information. She didn't want him to think any less of her than he must've already!

Last edited:
Rivaille had lived a good part of his life underground. He had been born there and of course now that he was an adult, he understood what sort of work some women did so that they could keep their families afloat. He also understood that most of that work was because the actual labor that they were doing on their more decent jobs probably did not pay enough to support their families. His mother had been one of those women so, he had a certain understanding towards people who had to turn to prostitution as a way of living. Had seen it enough while he lived underground.

Nonetheless - he could get behind that field of work but at the same time he could not come down the selling of illegal drugs. Especially because the underground already struggled enough with crime and murder rates as it was, full of homicide and rape and general mishaps that went on in the underground city. And not many people seemed to know about it on the surface so - this operation needed to be shut down immediately. He knew that Erwin was going to be doing the talking. His job was just to stay in the corner and look menacingly at the girl that they were going to be interrogating. He always found it ridiculous how that seemed to be his job in every single thing but he could understand why.

Wasn't she supposed to be the Titan Bait? How was she alive still? He simply kept switching his gaze from Commander Erwin and the girl they were interrogating. Thankfully they did not need to use any actual Force because she seemed to crumble right under their questions. So she was definitely holding back something and he was going to get to that information as soon as Erwin left the room. He eventually did, due the operational already being in the works he had nothing to do there honestly- so Levi simply followed behind the girl as she was going to her quarters.

"Erwin let it go, but I have a few questions I want to ask you," he spoke, stopping for good. "I doubt you are getting that information from the goodness of your contact's heart. So tell me, Titan Bait, how are you getting the information and how the fuck haven't you become titan shit yet?"

For days now she had been trying to find him. However, just as she was putting the food she had not consumed in her bag- the last thing Leo-no, the last thing her mother made for her (it was very pretty bag, made out of a rice sac but, it was embroidered with bunnies and some of the frills from an old dress her biological mother left behind. She had also added an internal lining of an old dress from her sister, an old shirt from her brother, and the hood she was wearing was knitted by Leona and lined from her father's old wedding jacket and Leona's wedding dress fabric... Just emotional all the way around.) She heard some grunts and punching noises - slowly. She got up and went to investigate.

To her shock and pleasure, it was that boy! To her displeasure- he and his group were being bullied by the older teens who were probably very shitty about their rationing. Emine suddenly felt like her baby hair were all standing - her body moved on its own and before she knew it, she had ran up, tackled the leader, thrown him off- and stood back up. He was- shocked... To day the least... "Huh?! Who the fuck are you?! This doesn't concern you!"

Emine didn't reply, she simply moved to stand before the group and stayed seated. "oh no-" one of the girls in the bully group replied, "this girl looks like that Mikasa girl-" she tried to pull him away- yet instead - he went to punch her away- Emine rolled her eyes, hard, and moved out of the way by ducking, grabbing him by the waist, and throwing his over her shoulder. He landed with a *crack*- which caused both of his friends to quickly pick him up and leave- not before Emine grabbed the bag they had put the stolen food in.

Slowly, Emine waited until they were out of her sight. Lowering her hood, she looked over at the group. "... Are you all okay?" Her voice was definitely not what someone would expect. It was incredibly soft and gentle. "You all need to stand up for yourselves." She scoffed, giving them their bag. Don't leave this hanging, have it with you at all times..."

Maisy walked with a sense of purpose, leading him to her squad's place and letting him in. She had just made it to the room shared for the women when he spoke up, freezing as she tried to think of what to say in response. She could feel her heart beating faster than before, the shame almost unbearable as memories flooded her brain. Her method for gaining information wasn't something she felt comfortable sharing, especially with someone she had looked up to so much. She glanced back at his serious face before simply going into the room with the door open "Ah, well um... Let's just say that I've known a officer since I was a child, he's rather chatty" She told him quietly, if she wasn't so worked up she probably would've laughed at his other remark "W-well titans don't actually sh- I mean defecate, once they've reached their limits they barf up the remains... I-I'm sorry sir, I don't know how to answer that!" She exclaimed, absolutely mortified at the amount of information she had dumped onto him.

She focused on gathering her things, pulling out a small wagon befitting of a child which she filled with some gifts she had bought for the children she cared for. Most of these items were blankets and clothing, a few worn books mixed in there too. Carefully she organized these items into sections for each child, stacking the toys accordingly before sorting the food. She had baked them some cookies, got a small vial of honey and some other goods for them followed with rations her family sent her from their harvest. She placed the bag of coin from her last payment and covered the wagon with a blanket, folding it into the corners before pulling back. It was obvious she was quite pleased with herself. She then plopped herself onto her belly, looking for the right dress to wear into town today. Since she had company she didn't want it to be too obvious, so she went for a simpler pheasant dress with a nice flower design.
Once that was pulled out along with a light blue ribbon, she carefully put her other clothes back in the basket and crawled back out

"Sorry for the wait sir, please allow me a moment to change? I don't think it would be wise if we went in our uniform, it'll draw too much attention and I don't know how my partner will react. Do you mind changing as well..?" She asked sheepishly, him changing was more for if they ran into her MP contact. She couldn't risk alarming him whatsoever, especially depending on Milan's status. He hadn't written to her in over a week, she was terrified he had done something stupid and got himself caught. Holding her dress neatly in her arms she waited for his response, still unable to maintain eye contact. Instead she focused in on his shoes, which were noticeably shinier than most.

Reiner was dealing with a lot of emotions, these past few months had been extremely hard on him. He was still coping with the death of Marcel which he was convinced was his own fault, on top of that he was doing his best to take charge of their situation and be the leader that Annie and Bertholdt needed. They had so much placed on their shoulders and had to make sure to complete their mission. Marley was counting on them, their families were counting on them. He couldn't let his mother down, no she needed this. It had been such a difficult journey getting here, making it to the checkpoint and dealing with Zeke's wrath for losing the jaw titan. He felt so bad about the attack, seeing all these Eldian's just like him fleeing in horror. There had been so much death, people of all ages getting torn apart by the titans. It was almost unbearable, but he couldn't let down Annie or Bertholdt any more than he already had. Even still he had to try to save someone, another girl his age with the blackest hair he had seen. He had been too late to save her siblings, but there was still time for her. He had thought a lot about the girl, wondering who she was and if she had lost everything because of him. He was brought back to present when they found themselves surrounded by older kids, watching them carefully while gesturing for the other two to keep their cool and remain calm.

Bertholdt had been the one to get their rations and was terrified, unsure of what to do while he stood there and let the bullies take their food. He was angry but he trusted Reiner's decision, it wasn't like they were unable to get more food. They had been doing good while they were here, getting by and supporting each other. He and Reiner were doing good gathering information as well, not as much as Annie though. He felt his patience slipping when one of the bullies went for Annie, but before either of them could react Reiner took the punch for them. He was angry and worried now, eyes flittering nervously to the girl with long black hair who tossed the boy without any struggle. He was silent as she lectured them, she did have a point. But was it really okay for them to fight back..? He didn't want to risk anyone finding out they didn't belong.

Annie was more than annoyed at these bullies, especially the girls snide remarks but she kept her cool. As annoying as it was, Reiner did have a point to his strategy. Why waste their energy on something they didn't have to? They could get more food without any issue, it wasn't worth causing a scene in the middle of town. Not with so many adults, who would question their more than capable abilities of handling themselves. She was ready to risk it all when she saw the boy coming for her, preparing her stance. That was until Reiner got in the way and took the blow, eyes flickering between the pair and ready to stand her ground. She let her stance fall when she got a glimpse of black hair, the bullies taken care of and scattering just like that. She took their bag of rations back and remained silent, simply staring at the girl. Who was she? Looking around she noticed even the adults didn't want to get involved, making her even more curious about who she was... Who was this Mikasa?

Reiner had reacted without any time to think, taking the punch. Tensions had been so high and he understood the weak were targeted, they were stronger but couldn't afford the confrontation right now. For a moment his gaze hardened and a flash of hatred passed, only to be replaced with amazement at the girl in front of him. He studied her movements carefully, taking the time to analyze her before his face was masked again. He nodded and offered a slight smile "Yeah, we're okay. Thanks for that, you were so cool!" He exclaimed with amazement, a big smile on his face. He blushed with embarrassment at her advice, not sure what to say in response "Ah I guess so, that's good advice" He told her in response to keeping their rations safer, that was a good idea to tie it around them. Maybe even tuck it under their shirt

Levi was not stupid. He just wanted to see if he would actually own up to what she was doing to get all the information she was able to give to them, obviously, due to his life in the underground for many years he was able to understand that some Woman really did not have any other Choice them turning to sex work. His own mother had worked in that industry after all, and she had been able to provide for them up until the point she passed with that job, so no, he did not Have prostitutes in any lower standing than the average worker. Because after all, they were just working. Nonetheless, he did understand why some people might find it embarrassing to admit that that was their method of obtaining information. And if she was not comfortable sharing that with him he wouldn't fault her. He stared at her while she arranged a few bags and his interest was immediately peaked. What were those bags and why was she preparing them? Why were there so many children's books? The last thing he remembered from her file was that she was not married nor did she report having any children. Had that had been the case they would have made arrangements to have the children transported up here with her so that she could spend time with them.

However, before she could actually ask and tell her of that arrangement she was already requesting that he leave the room, he wanted to refuse because he needed to make sure that she would not sneak anything that was illegal underground. However, at the same time - he really had no business watching this woman change and after she suggested he changes well he saw logic in her words. With a sigh he simply shook his head and left the room. "I'll meet you in fifteen. I will go change as well."

Hange had been incredibly surprised when he turned up in casual wear during one of the earlier scout team meetings. He does that he always appeared as a stoic man so that made sense. Nonetheless, once in his room he made it a point to wear a simple button up gray shirt, some black pants and slapped on a worn out gray vest he had in his closet. It was warm enough to protect him from the chili air of the underground but at the same time not too warm that he would be suffocating in it in absolutely no time.

If his theory about the children had been correct- he wished he had known. Maybe they would've been able to add something more to those goodie bags. Shaking his head, Levi sighed and stepped outside.

He decided that waiting at her door was going to be a little weird, so instead he decided to go wait outside in the front yard. After all, she would have to go through there in order to leave the building. He looked at the sky to somewhat grasp what time it actually was and how long it would take for them to get to the underground city. He figured that this would be a matter of a few days and maybe some. With some luck they would be able to be back tomorrow afternoon but if not they might have to wait it out until the end of the week.

When she finally came out he waited for her to give him the signal that they were ready to go. In the meantime, he took the opportunity to eye her outfit. It was a nice dress that wouldn't look out of place in the underground and that it accentuated her body a little better than the uniform actually did… "interesting choice of clothes. I take it you like flowers." He asked, getting on his horse and hooking her wagon to it.

Emine pulled her hood down and sighed, she looked around and immediately noticed that they were being watched. A lot of the adults had gathered around and were seemingly looking at her with a very weird expression. She also managed to catch a glimpse of that Mikasa girl that everyone had been comparing her to lately. They both looked at each other and seemed to lock eyes. Silently agreeing to stay out of the other's way.

"Wh-what's your name?" Bertholdt asked, walking closer and starting to check the bags. They weren't missing food thankfully - not that they would be in any danger if they actually had missing food but...

"My name?" Emine tilted her head, her gaze still somewhat lingering on Mikasa until she disappeared from her field of vision. "My name is Emine, Emine Ackerman." Even if her whole family had changed their last name she still used the 'Ackerman' last name because hers remained the same. "You all need to toughen up." Was the last thing she said before turning and leaving. She returned to her usual spot and decided to take a nap, placing her hood over her eyes and closing them.

The next few days were a mixture of the same. She would wake up, fight a few of the bullies, all different groups and never the same people twice, scold them, and then return to her place- eventually she simply auto invited herself into their group.

She refused to leave them alone because they just seemed to attract bullies. And from that day no one bothered them anymore. She still crossed glances with the other girl every so often. Both of them not really speaking a word to each other and simply going their separate ways after that silence stare off. Did she really look like that to everyone else? Mikasa was really weird... it was best if they stayed out of the other's way-

Until they *did* end up in a fight.

"Hey!" Mikasa was basically speed walking, grabbing the bag from Emine's hand- the girl pulled back and also stared at her hard. "Give!"

"Huh?! This is our bag! If you want yours, go ask for it!" Emine sneered, pulling the bag to herself. Mikasa somewhat growled and pulled it harder. Emine did the same thing- it looked weird for everyone around. Even the soldiers weren't really doing anything to stop them. As long as the fight didn't escalate-

Emine had enough, ending up giving Mikasa a kick to the side of her ribs, making her let the bag go, which she took as an opportunity to throw it at Bertholdt who had also been standing there idly. Mikasa was stunned for a few seconds- only to immediately jump back, grab her leg which was still in the air and pull it up, making her slam her head against the pavement… Emine brought her hands up once more, as weird as the position was, she managed to pull Mikasa down with her by the dress she wore and got on top of her, getting ready to land a punch when Mikasa turned them again - though she did manage punch her eye- Emine kicked her off with her feet, making Mikasa clash against a soldier who simply pushed her back into the fight after snickering.

They ended up fighting for real after that push.

"Reiner!" Bertholdt panicked, "do something! If I go in she's gonna kick me too!"

Maisy was relieved when not only did he agree to let her change, but was going to change as well. That was a big request from a woman he didn't know, and she was worried he was going to think she was bossing him around just for the fun of it! Once he was gone she struggled herself into her corset, smoothing out her dress and making sure her breasts were appealingly situated. She didn't feel like accessorizing so she only had one piece of jewelry on, her very worn autumn leaf necklace she had most of her life. She figured she'd ask one of the children to do her hair and would fix it when they got there, seeing as it would be a ride into town and would only be messed up anyways. So she tied her hair up into a tight bun and made her way outside with the wagon, unsure where exactly she was meeting him. After a few minutes of confusion she ended up simply going to get her horse Maple and heading towards the entrance, that made the most sense. Sure enough he was there and she gave a salute and hurried over, watching him fix up her little wagon with appreciation.

She got on her horse as well and felt herself flush under his intense gaze "Ah thank you..? I do, they're quite beautiful and daisies hold a special place in my heart" She informed him with a gentle smile, almost relaxing a bit. The timing couldn't be more perfect considering they were stuck inside the walls, still planning for the next expedition. That meant it wouldn't be a very long trip to the Underground city, something her behind greatly appreciated. Once they got nearby she happily followed him and set up her horse next to his own, trusting that they'd be fine here if this is where he was leaving his own. It was hard to contain the smile on her face once they entered, her letting her hair down and brushing out the tangles before pulling the wagon along. Glancing around she felt herself relax with the fearsome man besides her, nobody would dare to attempt to rob them! She led him along although she had to stop quite a bit, looking around and trying to remember exactly where they had lived.

She gave a sheepish apology look before they finally got there, a shabby home located on one of the worst streets to live. She was very worried because of how dirty it would most likely be, remembering how serious he took keeping his place clean and even hearing the gossip. Oh gosh she couldn't look at him, instead she marched forward! Knocking with her specific code, she opened the door and was enveloped in a hug by 3 small children: Alice with her short orange hair, Benny who suffered from albinism and little Oliver who was only 5. She let go of the wagon and scooped them up, twirling them happily before grinning at Cade in the back, simply staring with a slight smile on his face. "I missed you guys so much, today I brought company so best behavior! Where's Milan and Sophie?" she questioned with concern, Oliver and Alice tugging her inside to the 5 year old girl who had a bad cold. Sitting on the bed she gently stroked her head, an obvious frown on her face

"Milan got thrown into jail, apparently he pissed off the wrong guy" Piped Cade, earning him a smack from Alice

"Language!! But yeah, he's been gone for a few days now"

Maisy considered this information, remaining next to Sophie who was still fast asleep. Sighing she went over to the wagon and took off the blanket, watching as the kids tore into all of the goodies. She gathered the honey and went to boiling some water, looking over at Levi with guilt
"I'm sorry sir, I didn't realize things were so bad. If you'll just give me a few minutes, I'll be able to bring Milan home" she apologized, feeling awful.

Reiner wasn't sure what to make of this girl, even after helping them she kept coming back. It was almost like she was keeping an eye out specifically for them, which he didn't trust. Was she onto them?! No it wasn't possible, their identities were perfectly concealed within all the chaos. They were just another group of orphans like many other children were, after the wall fell. Annie had left for the underground to see if she could gather them more information, so it was just him and Bertholdt. Even still this girl Emine, well she hadn't asked anything about Annie. He had to admit that it was really nice not having to worry about dealing with these bullies, causing a scene wouldn't be good for them whatsoever and he really didn't want to showcase any of his skills. They couldn't afford to gain that kind of information, weren't prepared for the questions that would come with it. Even still he found himself stuck in a position where he had to make a choice, Bertholdt seemed very concerned about their new friend.

He weighed their options carefully before deciding there was no way around it and he had to get involved, so he studied the two once more to get a good reading on them.
Not even a minute later he was in between them, knocking Norika's feet down and blocking the other girl's punch with his elbow "Let's just calm down for a second, fighting won't get you guys anywhere. Take a moment to look at the bag, Emine show her" He began, doing his best to speak in a rational tone. They had been making good use of the special bag Emine carried on her, since she spent so much time with them and they found themselves sharing rations anyways "You see, ours has two little bunnies on it and is frilly. It's not just an ordinary bag, plus we're not the type to steal someone else's rations. You're with a group of kids as well right?" He asked the girl with the red scarf, guessing she was this Mikasa he had heard so much about. He felt himself relaxing a bit but was still pretty tense, unsure what would happen next.

It had happened so fast that maybe he wouldn't be questioned about his techniques, if they did ask he'd just say he was learning a few tricks from Norika. Yeah, that was the perfect solution! He glanced back at Bertholdt and then Norika, noting how quick she was to take back her bag. He couldn't help but think back to when he pushed her out of the way, when that titan had tried to eat her. Even after they were squared away she hung around with them, although at her distance. Grabbing both Bertholdt and Norika's hands he tugged them into the crowd, until they were hidden deep in the alley "Thanks for the help, but you really don't need to keep saving us you know. We're way past even now, in fact I owe you" He told her with a grin.

Last edited:
The long way to the underground city was something that he would not describe exactly as comfortable but at the same time he would not describe it as uncomfortable. It was not an experience he would like to repeat but at the same time he guessed he could say that he would not mind repeating it at all. That made absolutely no sense but he was just pleases that he understood himself- even if a little bit. Nonetheless, at the moment he wanted to do one thing and one thing alone. Once they reached the city he was immediately made aware of why he never bothered to come back and attempt to visit the place once again. As stupid as it may sound he sometimes felt like he should have Revisited his hometown... even if for the sake of his mother but at the end of the day - that never happened.

Probably because of the state of houses like this one! "Huh?! I understand you're away but can your man toy not clean the place?!" He knew that that was not his place to judge and he was well aware that that was not his house to clean nor his kids to take care of. But at the same time for the mistake! Why were they living in such field? He ended fixating on the grime way longer than he probably started to prepare cleaning supplies with more intensity than he should have.

She had lived in Grime when he was living in underground city. He was well aware that he was not exactly the cleanest kid when he and his mother were still living in that brothel. But at the same time - when his mom was alive she always made sure to keep him in pristine condition. Never once was he allowed to go outside with dirty clothes and never once was he even allowed to remain a single day without a bath when she was alive and well. She might have been a prostitute but she was a clean woman.

"Do whatever you need to get the bastard out of jail. Just take a bath afterwards as I don't like smelling that," as much as he did not like the idea of one of his soldiers having to resort to those sorts of negotiation practice he understood that that sometimes was the only way that they could really get information from anyone- even if it was a little degrading in his opinion he how to know reason to comment on it - as long as he was actually okay with what was happening he really had no say in the matter

"However, once you two come back you are going to help me clean this fucking house," he them turned to the kids, thankfully they were not exactly in a bad condition. If anything - they were slightly disheveled. "An you all! Go take a bath! Living in poverty or with little money is no excuse to look that grimy!"

Once he had barked out his orders he started to get ready for his cleaning and actually began by dusting everything off.

Emine had not really thought about the implications that it had that even after all of this time she was still standing around and staying close to them. It had been a few years at this point since he saved her life - but he's still was a big part of her and she did not want to live him to his luck. Crazy as it might sound, she wanted to keep looking out after him! And she did not care if people said that she was crazy or that she was wasting her time looking after someone else when she should be worried about her own Survival. Because she knew that she was doing the right thing by taking care of this person. She felt it in her heart. This was the correct thing she needed to do.

"I am not doing this because I owe you my life," she said, walking up to him and placing her hand om his shoulder. "I'm doing this.... Because -" when she tried to explain it she really could not form words. Did she even have a reason? She didn't believe she did - All In all, she hoped that everything would be okay in the end. And that she would be able to take care of this special person in her life. Keep them alive like she could not keep her family. Because he was her family now.

Five more years went by and by the time she was fifteen she had already noticed something. They were planning to go into the military. She had started to wash clothes for some of the Richer ladies of the town. They always paid her a good money and that money went into a savings account she had put up for herself. However, that same lady offered to let her marry her son... "I really like you dear, I'm sure my boy would benefit from someone like you!" Was what she said...

But in the end she declined. She said she had someone to protect. And while the older lady looked sad... She also understood.

When she was fifteen she joined the Military Ranks. Annie, Bertholdt... And Reiner... also joined... She joined so she could keep him alive. That day, as she saw the commander in charge dig into everyone except her and a few others- She couldn't help but wonder, why did he skip certain people? What was so special about them? Why was she not assaulted with questions as well...?

After the whole potato incident she was separated from reiner. It made sense when she fought back about it. He was a guy and they were not allowed to be in the same dormitories. So it made sense that she was going to be in a different part of the camps. Mumbles she still spent as much time as she could close to him when they were allowed at the same space. Which was essentially at every time except for sleeping.

She saw that Eren kid talking big about his plans, and she couldn't help but *roll* her eyes. In this life, they had nothing secured, just death. And that's the path many soldiers were fated to. Whether they liked it or not. Death was awaiting. And it was very patient.

"I don't what you to be like him, Reiner," Emine said, her eyes somewhat heavy with tiredness, "you need to value your life a little more. Be less talk and more action."

"W-wow Emine," Bertholdt chuckled nervously, "you sound like if you were his mom-" he then thought to himself 'she's younger than all of us and yet she's always coddling him-'

Maisy knew it wasn't going to be the smoothest inviting him into her home, especially without any time to prepare. She was very startled by his comment however, almost laughing from the surprise of it "Friend, Milan is a dear friend of mine" She corrected him before continuing with her task of boiling water, grabbing one of the clean cups and mixing the honey with it. She hesitated with how blunt he was in regard of getting her friend out of jail, a wave of uncomfortable washing over her. She watched the children scamper off with amusement in her eyes, especially considering Cade had followed. He could be rather difficult when it came to following directions, especially with people he didn't know. She went into the cramped little room to sit on the bed next to Sophie, gently helping her into her lap and stroking back her slick hair "It's okay Sophie, that man is Levi and he's a friend. I'm sorry you're not feeling good, we'll get you some medicine today. For now I brought you a sweet treat, it's honey your favorite" She told the girl in a soothing tone, helping her to drink a good portion of the drink.

She didn't want to leave her unattended but knew she wouldn't be gone too long, this would help ease the pain and Sophie wasn't in critical condition. She settled her back in before checking on the other children, who had already gathered the water and were working on getting it hot. Laughing slightly she ruffled Alice's hair before leaving them be, grabbing a piece of cloth deep in the cabinet and shaking the dust out. Once that was taken care of she presented it to Levi, so that he could keep his mouth covered "Alright I won't be gone too long, do you need anything else before I go? I think I might have a hat around here too..." She mused thoughtfully.

Cade was not happy whatsoever, this complete stranger was coming into his home and ordering him around! Yet he couldn't say anything in protest because it was obvious he was Maisy's guest, also... He was pretty scary. He stared the man down carefully, studying what he was doing before scampering off with the other children. Even still he refused to help and simply sneered at Alice "You want to follow this strangers command be my guest, but I ain't helping collect the water" He informed her, without holding back.

Alice had been quick to hurry into the bathroom, ushering Oliver and Benny with her before quickly going to gather the water. It was quite the process though and she huffed "Cade you can help out you know! Well fine, I doubt you're strong enough to help anyways!" She huffed seriously, ignoring the "hey!" in protest at her words. She had Benny helping her with boiling the water so it was okay, gently ushering Oliver out of the way since he was still so young. She was very curious about this friend of Maisy's and why she had brought him home, she didn't bring people over. Especially without any form of notice! While still preparing their bath she peaked her head out to look at the silly man "Uhm excuse me mister, but how do you know Maisy?" She asked, eyes brimming with curiosity.

Benny had been quick to run off with the other two, visibly annoyed that his sister was pushing him along. He wasn't that slow! Even still he did his best to help and gently explained to Oliver why he didn't need to help with the water, instead tasking him with picking out some clean clothes for them to wear after their bath. Although when the boy came back with very mismatched clothes he regretted this choice, trying his best to keep his smile "Good job, those look... Great. Can you get us some towels now?" He tasked the boy who nodded and was off, however finding himself sidetracked.

Oliver walked right over to this man and tugged his pants "I'm Oliver"

[timeskip]

Quite a few years had passed and Reiner was no longer a child, no he was a young man. It had been a very eventful few years and very difficult to keep Emine out of the loop, knowing full well that Zeke would not be pleased if she discovered something wasn't quite right. Even still he kept her close, curious to learn more about her abilities and battle capabilities. He had learned a bit about her family so he knew she'd make a powerful ally, someone that they needed. He hadn't expected her to follow them all the way to the military, remembering how she had been offered a good life. She would've been safe too, but even with all that she came with. Orientation went well although he found himself nervous, something he didn't expect to happen. He maintained his cool but wasn't able to keep a very good eye on the other recruits, not like he had wanted. He could tell that Emine wasn't happy about their living quarters and did his best to reassure her that it would be alright "It'll be okay, you'll have Annie! See, so some family" He attempted to cheer her up.

Dinnertime had rolled around and everyone gathered in the mess hall, him and Bertholdt joining Emine at her table with their meals. Annie however seemed to be avoiding them all and was off in the corner by herself, staring at the other recruits. Nearly shuddering her turned his attention back to Emine and chuckled lightly "What do you mean? Of course I value my own life! But you gotta admit that's a pretty noble dream he's got going, so much bigger than just himself" He explained before laughing a bit at Bertholdt's teasing, able to see it was half joking. He had to remember why he was here, their goal was to eradicate these people and leave no survivors. They weren't here to make friends, just to blend in and see what military secrets they could uncover. It was easy to remember his place when it came to his goal, but Emine had created quite the wrinkle in these plans. She had been with them for so long... It was hard to put aside those feelings, difficult to separate her from the goal.

She was an incredible ally and had made adjusting to Paradis so much easier, yet he wasn't supposed to form any attachment with her. When the time comes she would have to die too... That was a lot for him to take in. Sighing he focused on his food and decided to dip his bread into the stew they had all been served, allowing himself to space out with that bite. He focused back to reality with the two and nudged Emine softly "Hey, don't forget to eat. You're going to need your strength, something tells me today was just child's play" He joked before eying the others around him, today would be good to watch and gather some intel. He wanted to make sure Emine and Bertholdt adjusted at least a little bit before he got to know their fellow recruits.

Bertholdt had always been a bit shy when it came to socializing and he knew how hard it was to keep up such an act, befriending all this Eldian trash and pretending that they cared about them. But it was something he was determined to do, he had to provide for his family and make his mother proud. He needed to bring security to his family and pave them a safe life, no matter the cost. He decided that he would start with Eren, he seemed like the fastest target and they had a bit of history. It would help to separate him from Mikasa for a bit, learn more about them. Chuckling softly as he remembered how Emine had it out for Mikasa back in the day "Say, Mikasa is in the dorm with you too. Maybe you should make amends, try to be friends?" He teased her playfully, knowing the two had some form of rivalry. It was hard not to poke fun at the pair! He couldn't get away with saying anything like this to Mikasa... No that girl was scary! Definitely not his type of girl, something he really shouldn't even be thinking about in a time like this! There was a pretty blonde girl that stood out to him though, Krista he believed was her name.

"Yeah yeah, just be careful he doesn't run away." Levi addressed Maisy and then went back to his task.

He had once been a kid that was unfortunately down here. So of course he understood the attitude that a lot of them seemed to have. He wanted to make sure that they were at least living in proper conditions. He had a feeling that the cold the girl was experiencing had to do with the dirtiness of the house. Not that they could really do anything about it, especially because down here - this house could be considered clean. He'd seen houses way worse than this one in the upper level so - that was something at least, nonetheless he still could not let children leave an absolute dirtiness - A lot of people confused his obsession with cleanliness with him being a jerk and not letting his soldiers take a break - but that was not the case at all.

He knew that a lot of those soldiers were not going to be surviving past their next mission. He was well aware of that - and the least thing he could do was make sure that they lived their last days in a clean, dirt free place. Even though he never said it out loud he knew that some of them understood and that was probably the reason why they laid his orders so quickly.

He very quickly noticing the dynamic that they had at this house as well. It seemed like a lot of the children were already in a hyerarchy of sorts... Well then, this Cato boy was catching his attention already. However, he needed to finish cleaning this face before the other to return. He did not want them to have the meeting in a dirty space. Milan was probably going to be dirty as hell when he returned so he did not want to be in front of him, while being in a dirty room as well. Plus he wasn't really letting the kids stay down here. He did not know how he was going to convince Erwin to let them stay in the castle- but he had saved that man's ass so many times that he owed him something at least.

Once he was done with the floors, he stood up and went to look for Cato. He could use some of that attitude. "Hey Brat! I have a job for you." He walked closer to him and handed him a bucket of water and some clean towels. He wanted the little kids to bathe first and then he was going to let the older ones take a bath. Not because the younger ones matter the most but because they were the ones that could probably accidentally drown if given the chance so he needed some of the older kids to watch them while they did so. And he did not think he had enough authority to watch the children take a bath. That seems like something very intimate and he did not want to come off as a creep.

"That girl is sick, I need someone to clean one of the other beds. The dust in that one is probably making it worse for her. And before you ask me why I chose you, surely you wouldn't let someone else take the important task from you, right?" Though his voice was harsh he made sure to lay out the order like if it was something only he could do. He had noticed that two of the kids seemed to be very family driven and that he was usually set apart, however he also noticed how he had treated the other boy and understood that he cared about the other kids as well - as much as he tried to hide it, he seemed to understand his family.

He was soon distracted, however, by someone else. Oliver it seemed. He looked to be one of the youngest kids.

".... Uh, hello. I'm Rivaille." As sure of himself as he acted, he was not exactly that good at handling kids. He never really understood the little goblins however, he did not want to make the children uncomfortable so he looked at the boy and then noticed that he had some dirt on his face. He sighed, sat on his legs and pulled out his handkerchief his pocket, dipped it in some water and wiped the dirt down. "You're dirty kid. What did you do to get this grimy?"

He then noticed the clothes. Noticing they were also missing some- parts? Some socks were missing their pairs. However he knew the other kids would probably go looking for those themselves. And he would rather not comment on the mismatched status of the robes.

".... We ironically were made to share the same bunk." Emine sighed, pushing her food around the plate before finally deciding to start eating it. This was the first day of training and someone was already made to run until she fainted.

"I mean, you can switch with someone? I am sure Annie won't mind if you ask her." Bertholdt tried to reason again, ever since those two fought back in the day, Emine and Mikasa could barely look at each other without puffing up slightly - it was such palpable tension that mostly everyone in the room was able to tell that they did not like each other… even if they were strictly civil with the other person.

Emine saw more food being brought in. Her eyes widened slightly. Noticing one of the kitchen attendants wheeling in some bread, she very quickly noticed that it had goat cheese on top of it. She remembered that it was a snack her mother used to make for her. And that later on, Leona also made that snack for her. It held a very special place in her heart and she had not been able to eat it ever since that day two years ago... Leona had been cooking it for her when the titans broke down the wall... And she would never be able to taste them again.

Unbeknownst to her, Mikasa had a similar train of thought. It came from it being the last breakfast food she had had with her mother and father before they were brutally killed... She did not want to stay and not have the chance to try them again. Because if she was being truthful, she also was not sure when they would be having the chance to eat that once more. It was not every day that they would eat the same food nor was sure if they would even get the chance to try those anytime in the future. So, she got up and started to walk.

However there were few left by the time the both of them walked up- and they even reached for the same one. "Ackerman..." They both said with the same voice tone and look on their faces.

"Uh oh..." Bertholdt whispered.

They didn't need to be the center of attention and now he was already aware of why and he had decided that she was no longer going to be hanging out with them. Because of course why would she? It seemed like they were always attracting trouble! The two girls already had bad blood and even if he had attempted to offer reconciliation as a route - it wasn't going to work apparently.

"That is mine." Mikasa said.

"I believe my hand is under your. Hence I grabbed it first." Emine answered.

"Did you? There's plenty others," she gestured at the other ones in the tray.

"I happen to want this one." Emine pulled, Mikasa sharpened her gaze. She pulled back.

"I do too."

Eventually it wasn't even about the bread anymore. Both girls were just in a silent stare off- very similar to the way they had done two years ago. If one of them backed down now… it would put that one in the position to be trampled by others. Something they *didn't* want.

"Come on Emine, you can grab another one-" one of the cadets offered, seeing as Mikasa was starting to lose her thin patience. Emine was also on that thin thread- however she seemed more approachable with that fox hood of hers.

"Yes I can. So can she."

Before anyone else could even consider attempting to intervene- Captain Shadis walked through the door. Sensing the tension immediately he walked up and stood behind the two girls. Who had been so deep in their quarrel that they failed to notice him standing there. When they both turned. They let go of the bread and saluted him.

"Soldiers! Stand up!" He ordered loudly, "We are getting a demonstration tonight, these two cadets seem to be eager to quarrel! The fight goes until one of them faints. If anyone has any objections - this is going to turn into a group activity!" And just like that, they meal was interrupted and they were all ushered out where Sasha was still running. Emine and Mikasa stood in front of each other.

"Mikasa! What did I tell you!" Eren frowned. Walking right up to where Reiner stood. "She never listens! And you!" He pointed at Reiner. "She's your girlfriend right?! Why does she keep picking on Mikasa! She needs to mature!"

Reiner nodded at her explanation, given their shared last name it made a lot of sense. He listened to Bertholdt's potential suggestion and nearly laughed out loud! Yeah, he doubted Annie would be willing to switch bunks with either of them... No, she was isolating herself from everyone which made sense given their mission. Studying the blonde in question briefly before his attention was brought back to the pair, more specifically Emine. He eyed the cart before chuckling at the way her eyes lit up "Don't tell me you're still hungry? That's good, you went above and beyond today with training" he complimented her, but she was already gone. He continued scraping his bread into the stew until Bertholdt spoke up, eying the commotion he was referring to. He wasn't surprised to see how concerned his anxious friend was, both girls had the same look in their eyes... Which only led to trouble. Carefully he got up and grabbed three pieces of bread before returning to the table.

He set one in front of Bertholdt before keeping the other two in front of him, being pretty certain Mikasa was going to win that piece of breed. He started to eat the slice oozing with cheese, savoring the earthy yet sharp flavor of the goat cheese. It was a nice treat to go with the whole grain bread, definitely gave it a lot more flavor. He knew that neither girl would be able to back down or show any sign of weakness in front of each other, although he hoped they wouldn't be riled enough to actually start fighting. His eyes flickered to the turned heads of every other recruit, even Annie looked up before turning away in disgust. He watched as a poor recruit attempted to get involved in this cheese affair, shaking his head. Hearing Shadis's voice managed to startle him, jumping up and making sure to properly salute. It made a lot of sense for these two to fight, a show of power to the fellow recruits and a good method of breaking the Ackerman. He found himself rather impressed at his strategy.

Leaving the bread behind he followed the rest of the recruits outside and back to the training ground, turning to the bright eyed young man. Eren Yeager, yes he was well aware of him. He was someone that he wanted to keep his eyes on. Raising an eyebrow he just shook his head "So first you complain about your friend, then shift the blame to Emine... No you have it wrong, she's not my girlfriend. Besides it's a little ridiculous you're accusing Emine, I could say the same thing to you. In case you weren't paying attention, Emine did reach the bread first." He explained rather patiently, shooting Bertholdt a stern look. He didn't appreciate the snort or the pointed look at Eren's comment. Following their instructor's instructions the recruits formed a circle around the Ackerman pair, purposely making sure he was settled in the back. He and Bertholdt knew this wasn't nearly enough room, no someone was bound to get hurt...

He returned to the front briefly "Emine! Want me to hold your hood?" He inquired, knowing the pair was going to get dirty for sure. He knew how much she disliked having to clean her hat, stains could be tricky to get out. Giving a nod to her response he made his way back to Bertholdt in the back before sighing rather loudly "This is ridiculous..." He mumbled to his friend with annoyance, before chuckling at his response "I suppose that's true, it'll definitely help the pair settle down. It'll be pretty close, but Mikasa's got an edge over Emine" He pointed out, watching the pair very carefully. He needed to study their techniques, Zeke would want to know about their powers for sure. He had a feeling that they were going to become quite the problem in their plans to come... They had been briefed on the outstanding skills of the Ackerman but no amount of lectures could've mentally prepared him. Their strength was horrifying yet inspiring, truly out of this world.

Last edited:
"Oh no! Mikasa! Please! Just stand down!" Armin, who had been doing something else simply ran up to the circle they had all formed and attempted to get through some of the people. Eventually Eren had to make way for him and once he was at front he placed both of his hands making a cone shape around his mouth and called out, "Mikasa! It is not worth being drained tomorrow!" He new for a fact that both girls were probably going to drain the other out. It had happened before in the previous fight that they had against each other. They had not stood down the ground and instead someone had to intervene to be able to actually stop the hassle. And that someone had been Reiner.

"Huh?!" Before Eren could reply, he noticed Emine was approaching, he tensed slightly but the girl did not really pay him much attention. Instead she nodded at Reiner and took her hood off. Thanks to that hood her hair har remained really well taken care off. She carefully fiddled with the hood's wool before finally retuning to the stand off. Having already put her hair in a quick braid earlier in the day. She walked over and once again placed her arms in a defensive position. It looked a little loose and once Mikasa had finished her own loosely done hairdo, she also got in a semi defensive position.

"Ah- I don't like this Eren!" Armin whispered, shaking him slightly though Eren did not say much and instead rolled his eyes. "You can't tell me you aren't worried!"

"I'm not! Mikasa will win!" He said. Very sure of himself. "She almost wins that time remember! I'm sure she's gotten even better now!" Eren though, remained close enough to Reiner and Bertholdt.

In the middle of the 'circle' Mikasa and Emine were simply circling eachother waiting to see who would do the first move. However, Shadis grew bored of the circling and instead called out a very loud "NOW!" Which caused both girls to begin their attack simultaneously.

Once again, the one who landed the first hit was Mikasa, her fist colliding with Emine's left eye again, making her stumble back briefly - though because Mikasa's hair was lose, it came undone from its do which allowed Emine to pull her forward by it, making it possible to smack her head against Mikasa's, both of them a little hazed for a few moments after the hit, Emine stumbled briefly, ending up recovering first and so, she tackled Mikasa to the ground, gaining the upper hand until Mikasa turned them over yet again, which turned into both girls rolling around in the dirt, not really letting the other get up or land a hit while they were at it. At some point, Emine and Mikasa ended up shedding the jackets and Emine's shirt was torn from the buttons by a particularly strong pull- causing Her to completely shed the shirt too... Which left her in just her boots, pants and. Chest bandages. Mikasa was missing one of the shirt's arms too. Though it was not as severe damage as Emine's shirt it was still notable.

"Hah... Hah..." With Mikasa's lip bleeding and Emine's nose also bleeding, both were really a sight to behold. "Come on... I'm not moving until you move. Mikasa..." Emine mumbled, and Mikasa obliged, this time however, Emine was able to predict the move and evade it, giving her enough time to move and then land a hit on Mikasa's ribs, something that the other girl immediately returned by grabbing her middle and lifting her up over her shoulder to then go to slam her into the ground, Emine didn't let go though and it ended up with both of them falling. Mikasa over Emine.

The fall was incredibly strong though - paired with Mikasa's weight over Emine- which ended up with Emine pushing Mikasa off to run to the side, heaving drily a few times before throwing her dinner up. Mikasa wasn't looking too good either but she did manage to keep her food in. Once Emine was done, she wiped her mouth, wincing slightly at the burning of her head - her vision was a little blurry, *but-* she turned over to Reiner and shook her head. *No* she was *not* going to embarrass herself. She steadied herself and charged again, aiming another kick, Mikasa also seemed dazed because she barely moved out of the way, Emine ended up in the arms of a random cadet who quickly stood her up and pushed her back. Not wanting to get on Shadis' bad side.

"Okay... Let get real,... Kay?" With that, Mikasa began her attack, Emine had already noticed she used her arms way more than her legs, ever since that day, she had noticed her arms were weaker than she would've liked... She fell pretty hard on them while escaping the titans. So she fought with her legs. Which would make sense now- in her thinking... Mikasa landed a hit to her jaw- which made her stumble back and fall on her butt. She spit some blood on the side and stood again. Stumbling a little but stood up nonetheless. She placed both her arms defensively and instead of using those to attempt hitting Mikasa- she lifted her leg for a kick, something Mikasa did manage to block but due to the strength she did knock her off her feet, Emine then walked around Mikasa as she stood- once up again, Mikasa frowned and moved to land another set of several punches- which caused Emine to attempt evading them- though it was futile and she ended up receiving another one to her eye. That one knocked her off her balance slightly, not before she managed to turn on her heel and landed one final lick to Mikasa's jaw- which made both of them fall back. Though Emine was the first one to go completely limp with Mikasa falling behind very quickly.

"... It's a fucking tie." Shadis grumbled. Going to open Emine's left eye- "she's knocked out cold-" he then did the same with Mikasa, "she's also knocked out." He stood and then saluted again. "Cadets! If any of you all attempt any fighting with eachother outside of sparring, this" he gestured to both girls, "Is what you'll get!" He then looked around, "Braun! Take Ackerma to the infirmary, make sure that eye of hers get checked, it will swell unless they cut the skin so blood can flow out! Yeager! Take that Ackerman to the other infirmary and have them check her fucking ribs. Those kicks were not soft!" He looked at Bertholdt, "and you, go get me some alcohol, I'm going to need it for the next match, Fritz! Lenz! You're up next for sparring!" Of course he saw both of them sneak food to that Sasha girl.

"... You were right. Mikasa did have the upper hand." Bertholdt whispered, going to pick up Emine's jacket and ruined shirt.

Maisy nodded in understanding; she was fully intent on not letting him down. This was a huge act of trust from her superior, being allowed to leave his supervision and bring one of the targets in for questioning. Not like she'd be stupid enough to attempt to run away, no he had the kids for collateral and would have no trouble tracking them down. He had been a legend underground and yet even he had been found and brought into custody by the Scouts, she didn't even want to consider how fast he would bring her back. She was gone for quite some time as she went to greet this "dear" friend of hers, a highly ranking MP officer who controlled most of the underground city. She knew it would take some time to properly earn this favor, especially considering the time she had spent away.

Cato had a very plain and uninterested expression on his face, even still he looked up at the man who was demanding his attention. His eyes lowered to take in the bucket of water and cloth being shoved into his personal space. The "tch" was unavoidable in response to the demand, yet he took both things without any other complaint or hesitation. Even still he couldn't help but give the man a pointed look "don't tell me you want me to wash the blankets down, with water. That wouldn't be very smart" he spoke before going off into the bedroom, carefully removing the bedding to properly wash once he had the time. Once it was folded and together, he began washing the bed down, which was a simply wooden frame without a mattress, so it was easy enough. Despite the attitude he had given the man, he took this cleaning very seriously and took great care to wiping every crevice of that bed and then some. He had been immensely worried for Sophie, especially with how she seemed to continue growing sicker. Anything he could do to help he would do.

Benny was the one to prepare the bath, taking the clothes offered by Oliver and setting them up on the counter. He filled the bath carefully before checking the temperature, feeling rather proud of himself. He watched as Alice entered with Sophie before he left the pair, closing the door behind him before he looked around. He noticed that Cade had actually gotten to work, with little complaint which was very unusual for him. He found himself staring for a moment before finding another task, beginning to sweep throughout the small home. That was until he realized it would be much more helpful to begin washing Sophie's bedding, so he entered the room and took those with him before stepping outside to begin the process.

Oliver sniffled as he handed the clothing over to Benny, his bright blue eyes not once leaving Rivaille. He quite liked it when the man was on his level, holding still as his face was wiped although a slight frown formed on his face "Well I was playing outside, I made a dirt horse that was keeping me company. You see Jonothan is a big bully, he took my toy horse. It was my favorite too! So I had to make my own horse" He informed the man very seriously, after all it was quite the experience

"But you hear my voice? It doesn't sound like normal... I think I'm getting sick too. Pretty soon I'm gonna be as sick as Sophie"
he informed the man, before a dramatic sniffle escaped his nose. He wiped his nose as he pondered, yep he was definitely getting sick too. He just knew that he'd be next, confined to that bed!

***quite a bit of time had passed, but Maisy had yet to return***

Reiner noticed the protest the long-haired blonde had expressed, he believed that was Armin. He could understand his protest for the upcoming spar, but things had already progressed out of hand, there would be no stopping the fight. Besides, it was something both girls needed to settle for themselves. It would be an exhausting match for both of them, but he had a feeling it would help lessen the tension they shared. He paid Eren no attention as Emine approached, simply holding out his hand to carefully take her hood in his hands. He took the moment to admire the cute little fox hood, with its vibrant orange color and black details. She had worn this on the day he met her, despite the many challenges they faced as orphans on the streets she had not lost it or had it stolen. He was very impressed it had lasted this long and in such good condition as well. Fiddling his thumb softly over the fabric he turned his attention back to the girls who had begun doing their hair, studying both their fighting positions.

He listened attentively to the background conversation Eren was having with Armin, chuckling lightly at their discussion. It was true that Emine did have the upper hand on Mikasa when they were children, but that had been when they simply had more to lose. Things had changed and he noticed that Mikasa was much more serious than she had been during their childhood, when she didn't allow herself to get riled up, she could take Emine. Both girls were very powerful and well above everyone else in their group of recruits, there was no denying their power and abilities were inhuman... But Mikasa ever so slightly outranked Emine, something he had yet to fully discover. He was certain that there were areas and skills Emine had over Mikasa, not to mention it was still rather early in their training and they had a lot more to learn from each other. He was not surprised both girls circled each other continuously until they were given the official command, since Shadis had made it very clear this was to be a regulated match. He was surprised it had taken the man this long to say something.

His gaze turned to look over at Bertholdt, who had wide eyes as he watched the fight tentatively. His anxiety was obvious to everyone there but only Reiner knew the true reasoning to his constant state of anxiety. They hadn't been with the other recruits for too long yet, but he was already getting rather comfortable, something that Bertholdt was very aware of. Even still he tried to chalk it up to strategy, getting to know each and every one of them would be very beneficial when it comes time to report back to Zeke. People in this very area were going to be there when it came time to attack, so it was vital they got to know each other's strengths and weaknesses... At least that's what he told himself on a daily basis! These people were unlike anything the stories had prepared him for and if it wasn't for his family and Marcel's death, he would've caved by now. Shaking himself from such thoughts he focused on the moves each girl used. He was impressed with how fast Emine was; both on her feet and with studying her opponents moves. Even when she got knocked down or threw up her dinner she kept pushing forward and studying Mikasa's attack pattern which was very impressive. It seemed like Mikasa wasn't catching on as well.

He gave Emine an encouraging nod when her gaze flickered to his, making sure to keep his expression neutral as to not embarrass or worry her. He winced when both girls fell to the ground, listening to Shadis's intense words while worrying about how exposed Emine was. This kind of chatter in the guy's dormitory was not something he was looking forward to. It was easy enough to ignore both Armin as Eren, but he remained a moment longer to listen to Bertholdt's words, a heavy frown gracing his lips. He didn't like being right about such matters. He shook his own jacket off as he approached Emine and wrapped it carefully around her, helping her get her arms into it and tugging it closed as he effortlessly lifted her and began carrying her bridal style. It was hard to avoid looking down at her but he did his best, attempting very hard to keep his gaze respectful as he headed towards the infirmary "Hey, you did good. I'm really proud of you for catching onto Mikasa's attack pattern, you handled that well" He praised her as they continued walking, however he couldn't help the concern he felt

"But was it really necessary to go all out like that? Training these next few days is going to be brutal and you need to be at your best, something you can't do when you're puking up your dinner"
he gently reminded her. He tried to think of how he could encourage her and give her advice at the same time, but he didn't really know what else to say "I know you two have it out for each other, but we're all fighting for the same goal right? Humanity and quite frankly, I think you two would be better off as allies... You'd make one hell of a team fighting together rather than against each other" He pointed out as he carefully reached down to return her fox hood to her. He carried her the entire way into the infirmary before gently setting her down on the bed and explaining her condition to the medics there. He made sure he was out of their way but pulled up the chair closer to her, holding her hand as the head surgeon began the process of draining above her eye. He was going to be there besides her the entire procedure, even when they began stitching the wound. He studied her condition carefully while gently rubbing his fingers over her knuckle, giving her hand an encouraging squeeze "I'm really proud of you." He told her once more, aware that during the majority (perhaps even entirority) she had remained knocked out cold. He couldn't help but talk to her, whether she had been unable to hear his words or not.

Well- color him impressed because this was the first time that he had actually seen underground kids looking out after each other very well. Most of the time, children in the underground would not look after each other as well as they should, he remembered that he once found a girl that was in a very similar situation to his own and that he had managed to take care for a while but eventually she got picked up by family and that was the best outcome that that situation could have had. Nonetheless, it was still something that haunted his mind because there was absolutely no guarantee of what happened to the girl afterwards even if he did want to be optimistic and think that everything had gone according to plan. It was something that he would never have a way of actually knowing so instead she chose to actively ignore it and hope for the best in his heart…

He managed to keep an eye out on all of the kids equally as he made sure that none of them accidentally killed someone else. After all, this was children looking after children. Which could always be dangerous when it comes to responsibilities. Kids could be mature enough at a certain age but they would still be children after all and it would be completely reckless to leave a child in charge of an adult's duty… though in the circumstance that they were all in it was completely understandable. But after all, from the looks of it it seems like the only reason that these kids were even all together was because Maisy had too big of a heart to leave children out on the street apparently….

He was about to go back to cleaning the floor when the kid he had been talking to decided to explain what had recently happened. He blinked a couple of times and tried to understand what was going on only to realize what he had seen Maisy prepare for all of the kids. She had made them each a bag with things for each of them. And each of the bags had toys that the kid would like depending on the age. He had an idea that that horse was probably one of the gifts that he had gotten…

As much as Rivaille wanted to say that he disliked children he actually had to admit that he had a pretty soft spot for them even if it was from far. After all, he had been a child in the same situation that these were in. And he would be lying if he said that he did not pull at his heartstrings that a kid would even be dealing with this. He was a soldier and he had nothing to lose anymore, but these were children, and they definitely should be somewhere with their parents annoying the hell out of them…

"So Jonathan is a bully and he took your horse huh?" He raised an eyebrow. He actually wanted to tell the kid to go back out there and not come back until he had beaten the crap out of that Jonathan kid and gotten his horse back. But he realized that this kid was probably one of the smallest in the group so that probably was not going to be the correct course of action - and he had an idea that the Titan Bait was going to have his head on a stick if he dared do that with this kid. "And you made a horse out of dirt to replace it?" He was not going to ask to see that horse but he was going to do something else.

"We are going to do something Oliver." He stood up, brushed his pants and stretched before heading over to the door, having half a mind to stop midway and offer his hand to the kid… "take me to where that horse of yours was stolen." He knew he probably should just leave it there. But he meant what he said, these kids were not remaining a day longer in those conditions. He knew that they were doing the best that they could to help the kids but, just looking at the state the youngest one was in and considering what this kid had told him about him feeling like he was getting sick - he knew he was going to have to be processing paper for a permission to attend the funeral soon if he did not intervene.

Levi knew that it was unrealistic to hope for all children to be hosted back at the headquarters, he could definitely arrange for the three older ones to get back with them and the other two - the other two they could figure out in a few days. A few days with all five of them in the castle was definitely not going to be a problem. Especially considering the three older kids could already pull their weight around. He knew that the nurses and the stable people would probably need a couple more hands… and that Cato kid would make for a good soldier if he ever wanted to join the military.

He saw himself in Cato.

"Tell me where that 'Jonathan' was," Levi said once they were outside of the door. He waited until Oliver pointed to the direction where they had gone to and headed over with his hands firm in his grasp. "You are going to watch very closely so the next time this happens you do it yourself."

Once he found the problem child- he indeed had a horse toy in his hands. Levi sharpened his gaze and took off his cleaning bandana to avoid appearing a little silly and waited for the kid to notice them… it took a while but he did eventually turn and when he did, Levi lifted him up by the collar. "I hear you stole something that wasn't yours, you little shit." Children could be children, but they weren't stupid, he grabbed the toy back and handed it over to Oliver. Only to turn back at Jonathan with a sneer. "If I hear you're bothering him again I will be doing more than just this." And so, he let Jonathan fall to the ground, which wasn't that far off to begin with, to kneel down again and lift Oliver up. Yes he was getting dirty, no he did not care right now because Oliver did mention he was sick and the alley was filthy enough.

Once back at the home, he wiped Oliver's face again and sighed, "you're next in the bath train. You kids are all so filthy I swear…" he sighed and looked at the muddy horse toy, "....that horse will need a bath too, what's its name?"

After the fight, both Emine and Mikasa had fallen like logs to the floor. It was definitely a hard head considering that none of them had gotten back up. And even if they had been conscious when they were going down they definitely were not conscious when they hit the floor. Emine's hair had gotten a little bit out of the braid, making it so some strands were adorning her face that was packed with sweat. Not only that, but her bandages work the only thing that we're covering her chest now. Considering her shirt had been ruined and that she had taken off her jacket just for comfort. The bandages were still remaining strong so nothing was really showing but still, they were surrounded by teenage boys, so honestly, it was for the best that Reiner decided to cover her up with his jacket. Being a true gentleman was he?

Bertholdt was waiting back on the spot that they were watching the fight on with a worried expression. He briefly stopped his friend to examine the girl that had taken care of them over the time that they were acting as or friends as well. Noticing that a few of her hits were going to be bruising up eventually, and by eventually he meant in the morning, so he looked up at Reiner, "I would recommend you ask for something cold for that eye. She got a few hits there."

Emine on her side- it had been a while since she had been knocked out cold. And in reality, maybe she wasn't really knocked out but at the same time she was so tired she really could not move. Everything sounded blurry. Yes, that was something that shouldn't make sense but to her, at the moment, it definitely made a lot of sense. Her whole body was buzzing and hurting, something that she never realized could happen at once but apparently it was. She could hear someone talking to her, and by the tone she could recognize it was Reiner. Something that made her want to smile and the muscle a little bit into his body unconsciously but without being able to move she simply laid there limply.

"Oh dear," one of the nurses sighed, as always the first training phase was the most intense for them in the whole week. A lot of the recruits wanted to impress the teachers and they went all out without considering their help, but it seemed like that was not the case here and in fact, it seemed like this was the product of an actual fight between the recruits. The nurse shook her head and just sighed… "lay her there, I'm gonna check over her in a bit."

It took maybe an hour- an hour in which the nurse kicked Reiner out for a few reasons- mainly her having to examine Emine without the bandages to make sure no substantial damage had been done to her chest or ribs. Once he was allowed back in he was told to wait until she woke up to start talking with her again or he was going to disturb her… "Also, you said she vomited," the nurse grabbed a few papers from the back, "if you know how to cook, I would advise giving her some vegetable soup, cabbage, carrot, some potatoes and bread maybe, it would help settle her stomach a little." And with that the nurse left to tend to other things. Leaving Reiner and Emine alone…

Emine slowly opened her eyes. She felt like she was going to have a pounding headache in a couple of hours. It was almost as if someone was pulling her head back and forth and she was desperately trying to keep it still. It was a very weird feeling but once she got that pounding under control she tried her best to get up and then her chest decided to complain. She laid back down and sighed while placing an arm over her eyes… 'What happened?' she thought to herself, slowly, memories of the fight came to her and she winced, 'Ah shit… I guess I lost…' she tried to turn and winced again.

After a few minutes she did manage to get accustomed to the light. Making it easier for her eyes to adjust to the soft yellow light in the room. She moved her arm and looked down to find her chest bandaged and her body - a bit bruised up? She scanned the room a little more and gathered enough strength to sit up with a few winces in between. Blinking the tiredness away she eventually cleared her eyes enough to look at Reiner. ".... Reiner?" She took a deep breath, "What are you doing? Please tell me I'm not going to have to take some bitter medicine?" She blinked a bit slower. "... Is this the nurse?"

Last edited:

Alice, 8
  • most cheerful of the bunch and very full of life, just a positive ray of sunshine! The best at dealing with the younger children but acts pretty much the same, making her rather difficult at times. Potentially has ADHD, very similar to Isabel except she wasn't as hardened. Not afraid to get into fights with other children, however dislikes making her issues the other's issues.
Benny, 8
  • most well liked by the others, a very good guy. Suffers from albinism which means he's very sensitive to the sun and has terrible eyesight. More reserved but will talk to anyone, looks out for his siblings. Not particularly interested in anything, however he's very family oriented and notably responsible. Does love playing with the others. Best at getting the others to do something, aka voice of reason.
Cade, 8
  • snarky and one of the oldest, part of the trio which he likes to pretend he could care less. Very close to a mini Levi personality wise, very much a brat who doesn't show affection easily. However very soft when it comes to his family and not afraid to handle bullies, even if they're only 5 years old. Very interested in books and the lost knowledge, very smart as well and careful in his actions. Doesn't play well with others-
Oliver, 5
  • by far the friendliest of the gaggle, 10/10 would go home with a stranger no questions asked! Loves toys and very naive when it comes to the world, honestly a miracle he's survived with such a mindset still intact. Overly talkative and still learning boundaries; due to refusing to respect/acknowledge them. Currently targeted by group of older bullies, due to his siblings and him being the weakest link. Positive and bright attitude despite hardship.
  • favorite toy is "Horsey Mc Horsington", a little horse figurine he carries everywhere and has to sleep with
  • currently bullied by Jonathan... An older, much bigger boy who runs the streets
Sophie, 4
  • the youngest of the group and the most shy, it takes her a long while to warm up to someone new. Loves her stuffed animals immensely. Currently very sick.
Milan, TBA
  • hardened, pretty much an asshole to everyone he meets but has a soft spot. Looks out for his family above all else, childhood friends with Maisy but abandoned her as children then cheated on her when they did end up together. Holds no hard feelings but he feels immensely guilty over it still, has been utterly friendzoned because of it.
  • Isn't safe for him above which is why he's so set on remaining there.

Oliver nodded when he was questioned about his toy horse, still looking up at the old man "Uh huh, he's not quite the same but it's okay." He explained to him before growing curious, wondering exactly what they were going to do about it. Seeing him go towards the door he glanced around to see his siblings all otherwise occupied and besides, Maisy had brought him here and left them with the old man so he could be trusted. He didn't think he was going to get in trouble and so he followed him, struggling for a moment to keep up. He looked around as he wracked his tiny brain, trying to remember where exactly it was before leading the way. His eyebrows furrowed and he had a little scowl on his face, there he was... Jonathan. He tugged the man's shirt before pointing at the largest kid in the bunch, a total of 3 older children straight ahead. His eyes never left the man as he easily took care of the situation and got his horse back in record time. He held his horse as he was picked up, so happy to have it back. Despite being held he made sure to look at Jonathan while tugging the skin below his eye, sticking his tongue out. Yep, that would show em! "That was really cool mister, but I don't think I could lift em off the ground" He told him honestly, proving that he had been listening to him.

He frowned when his face was cleaned again but ultimately was fine with it, considering his words "His name is Horsey Mc Horsington" He informed him before looking around to see the other children were getting into the basket, very excitedly. He squirmed until he was put down and rushed over to see what was in there, eyes excited with the toys before distracted by the brownie squares. All 5 of the children sat on the freshly made bed, eating chocolate brownies together. He noticed that Maisy had returned alongside Milan he assumed, but they were in the bathroom. It didn't take long before a freshly bathed Maisy made her way out, alongside a hard looking man, panicking she kicked Milan's legs out from underneath him before he could open his mouth "Ow, what the fuck Maze?!" Grumbled the startled man, rubbing his ass before getting up and staring the shorter man down carefully. Maisy had a sheepish look on her face, pushing back wet hair "Ah sorry... Yeah this is my supervising officer, he's shutting down stuff. This is Milan" She introduced the pair, watching nervously. Milan always lacked respect.

Reiner had simply given Bertholdt a look as he took a moment "Of course I'll ask but we're just recruits, I don't know how generous they'll be" he told him, the worry obvious in his tone. Worst case scenario playing in his head, that the nurses would be just as harsh as Shadis if not more. So when the nurse was surprisingly kind, he was really surprised. He was quick to follow her instructions and to carefully lay Emine down on the cot, relieved to see one of the other nurses helped her into a plain t-shirt. He chuckled seeing how bigger it was then her, she had always been noticeably skinny. He knew that the nurse had been right and she'd need some food in her system, but he didn't want to leave her just yet. What if she woke up before he returned? Not to mention the kitchen was closed, meaning unless the staff were feeling sympathetic he'd be breaking some rules in order to get her a meal. He didn't want to get into trouble before she woke up, worried that would lead to him not seeing her until the next day! Blinking out of his thoughts he focused down on her and offered an empathetic smile "Good you're awake. Ah well, it was close. You definitely handed it to Mikasa" He offered her with a grin, hoping to cheer her up even slightly. He very carefully reached out to place a hand on her lower stomach, carefully helping her change her position. His hands briefly brushed over her ribs and he immediately pulled back, a panicked expression "Shit, sorry!"

Gently he reached out to hold her hand, offering his support before nodding to the shirt she had on "You're bruised pretty bad, gonna be sore for a while. One of the nurses put that on you, guess they had some spares laying around" He told her rather nervously, worried she would've thought he had dressed her! Even though it wouldn't have been a big deal, they grew up together basically and she knew he wasn't a pervert. He focused back on answering her questions though "No, it looks like you lucked out on the medicine department. The nurses stepped outside for a moment, I can run out and fetch one if you'd like?" He offered, still holding her hand. He was pretty sure the main nurse stepped out for a small break, but the other two went to gather some supplies. He knew they'd be back in a little bit, especially if Emine needed something but for now it was just the two of them. He hoped it would be like that for a while, honestly not wanting Bertholdt to show up. He really didn't want him to show up for some reason. "Everything's okay, I'm just holding your hand see?" He told her gently, lifting her hand slightly so she could see "Looks like you're gonna be here for the next few days, your ribs really got messed up. Good news is you lucked out of training though" He told her playfully, attempting to lighten the mood.

Levi did not know why nor did he really want to try and understand the feeling that he was having currently when he lifted up Oliver in his arms again and he felt this small boy being so happy over his little horse. "Ah, very fancy name." It was that wonder and amazement that a little kid had that had him almost chuckling for some reason. He realized that between everything this child was not exactly aware of the situation that he was living in and all he really cared about was his horse, and his fun. Which was something very rare here in the underground. Especially with children that had grown up in the streets. He felt like those kids often grow up worse than the rest because they had to learn to fend for themselves from a very young age. Obviously no child should ever have to learn to do that but it happened and it still happens to some children out here... "True, but you can kick them between the legs and run right?" He maybe said that last bit a little bit too roughly but he really didn't mind. This child was going to need to learn to fend for himself anyways.

Once back in the house he was pleasantly surprised to find out that Maisy had already returned with the piece of work that he was going to be dealing with right now. However very quickly he found out that all of the children were already clean and getting some food in their tummies on the bed... He was very close to letting go of Oliver's hand when he remembered that he had had one of the children clean the bed before he left and that Oliver was still very much covered in mud. He was going to have to take care of that wasn't he? He was already lifting Oliver up again when he turned to watch Milan basically have his whole body fall down. Huh.. a tough one now? "Hm... I'll deal with you in a bit. I am dealing with your spawn." He felt like a cat lifting up a kitten because that was how he grabbed Oliver her now. By the back of his shirt.

"Prepare some tea, I'll be back in fifteen." Was all he said and went into the bathroom. He had actually taken the responsibility of giving Hange a bath every once in a while, once he started to smell some body odors coming off of his coworkers so he had experience bathing people. And a child with a lot more cooperating it then an adult, fully functional human. So that was a win. "...-" he was drying him off already when he reached for the last set of clothes there- he really did not like the feeling of these clothes. They were rough but at least they were dry and someone warm. Once Oliver was completely dry he very briefly finger combed his hair and just avoided putting the wool hat on since his hair was still wet, gave him back his horse and sent him on his way. Once he was out, he came back with a new change of clothes as well. As he had taken advance of Washing his shirt in the shower as well.

His brown shirt and pants were clean and hai shows had been wiped down. He sat down, grabbed the cup and drank from it before turning face Milan. "Okay, I will ask you this just out of formalities. But I want to hear it from your mouth, "he leaned back and frowned at him, "What's this operation? Why did you start and since when have you been going on? Bergeson already reported everything she knew to my Superior, we already investigated. So I'd be real careful over that dirty mouth of yours." The only reason he was asking remotely nicely was because the kids were in a corner and he could still feel Oliver's weight on his shoulder.

----

".... I won? It sure doesn't feel like it-" she remembered the fight and she was honestly surprised that she was even able to be awake so soon after it. Though her stomach did feel empty it was really interesting how quickly she had somewhat recovered and was able to remotely stay conscious. Though it was not something that she would like to repeat anytime soon it was nice to be able to somehow measure the limits of her body. Even if it was not exactly the same as it could have been before, as a child that she had been she often pushed herself far beyond her limit and ended up hurting a lot more than necessary... The fight had definitely left her in a far worse shape than she originally wanted. "Next few days? Oh fuck... I will be so behind..." She just sighed and looked down to shake her head.

Though she noticed the shirt and raised an eyebrow at him. When he clarified he hadn't changed her she chuckled internally and just shook her head. Okay, that was a good one. "... You know? I think I remember Leo-my mom," ever Since Leona died... She had been calling her mom. She deserved the title more than her biological mother ever did. Leona cared for her in ways she couldn't recognize back then. She wondered... Would her siblings be alive and well now? If she had managed to save them, would they forgive her for taking them away? Are her father and Leona happy now that the four of them are together? Do they miss her? "I remember my mom separating me from fight before." She chuckled slightly and then winced. Not a good idea. "she was... Nice. And she died in the attack- and now I only have the hat and the bag to remember them by, if you believe in the afterworld... Do you think they'd be proud of what I'm doing? If I become titan food too- will they be happy or sad I cut my life short?"

It was always the same, always 'what if' and it never went past that. She couldn't remember what happened exactly anymore. She remembered the screams - the cries- the crunch... She blood splatters. "I wonder really - do you think- do you think we deserve this hellhole?" She didn't even know why she was getting so emotional. "I know I am so very grateful I got to meet you though. You're a good guy Reiner..." And with that she laid back down and just stared at their joint hands. "I don't remember ever seeing you around the area I used to live in though..."

"Aha! There you are!" Krista exclaimed with excitement as she walked in with a plate of soup, some tea and- ironically, the bread she had been fighting with Mikasa over. "We were sent to give you this -" she gestured towards the bread food. "the nurse has to go deal with - uh-"

"Mikasa is making a ruckus at the other infirmary!" Sasha explained, looking at the food with wide eyes. "are you sure you should eat? If you puke- maybe I should-"

"No, I do wanna eat." Emine frowned and grabbed the plate- only for Krista to not let it go because -

"Your hands are too shaky I see, Reiner? Do you think you can help her? I have to go back quickly -" Krista asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back