• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aolaris Academy...HUMANS ONLY

Elowyn

word weaver
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In this world monsters and humans had a war. The monsters fought the hunters and lost because of humans' advanced technology. The war ended with the hunters as the new overlords of society and heavy discrimination against monsters. Much rebuilding has happened since then and the world is now advancing thanks to monsters and humans working hand in hand. Cooperation... to a degree. But all is not well in the world. With the hunters ruling the world government, schools in Aolaris are segregated. As Aolaris is the first city the dragons took over there has been heavy rejection among the human residents of Aolaris against monsters going to school right beside human children. Monsters, if caught, would be arrested and most likely killed.

a false peace... a risk... the memory of a war...

Do you dare defy the law? Do you dare join this school?

Stay safe. Stay hidden. Blend in. Don't draw attention.

Those are the rules we must follow if we monsters are to survive. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Owner............................................... @Dark_one

Co-owner............................................................... @Nyctophiliac

Monster Players attending the academy........................................................YOU

Links to Threads:

Character Creation

OOC

GENERAL RULES TO FOLLOW:

1. 4 SENTENCES MINIMUM PER POST

2. OBEY ALL RPN REGULATIONS

3. NO EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT, NO GRAPHIC SCENES

4. NO GOD-MODDING

5. BE FAIR, PLAY NICE

6. GIVE US WARNING IN THE OOC IF YOU WILL BE GONE FOR MORE THAN A WEEK

7. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMPLIMENTS, OR CONCERNS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE LEADER OR COLEADER

6. HAVE FUN!

Out of School

( 10.14.16 )

It's a few days before your academic year in Aolaris Academy begins.

Perhaps you feel nervous, perhaps you feel anticipation, perhaps you are excited... or maybe you feel nothing.

Despite what you may feel, you know this is the time to prepare yourself for a full-on disguise for 6 hours of the day minimum.

Getting your class schedule in the mail you notice that each period of the day is roughly 40 minutes long with eight periods in one day.

What will you do to prepare? Say goodbye to your family members as you will be living in the school dorms?

Feed as much as possible to bring up your strength? Meditate in nature to restore your powers? 

I don't know, but what I do know is this:

"Stay Hidden. Stay Safe."

...and maybe you will survive this year without anyone detecting that you aren't human like the rest of the kids at school.

Ashel walks the halls of his father's castle in dragon city. He walks to his room looking out at the balcony down at the war ravaged city below. He holds his crown in his hands and stares at it before throwing it at his bed.he grabs a hood before running and jumping off the balcony. He flys down to the main part of the city monsters scattered everywhere. He hides behind his hood not wanting to get recognized by his citizens. Ashel walks the streets taking a look at the damage the hunters have done yet again.

"BYE GRANDMA IM HEADING OUT!!! SEE YA!!!" , The hybrid girl yelled across the room, grabbing a hoodie, sunglasses, and a flashlight, just in case. Grandma was still sleeping, but what was said was said. She slipped on the hoodie and shades before stepping outside. Oh gosh... "Frick! Fudge it burns... It sucks to have this body... Pfft... Haha.." Lianne hissed as the sun was shining brightly in the beautiful blue sky. Agh, she felt like she was about to incinerate. Well, her face that is, since it wasn't fully protected. Why was she outside in the first place? Well, you know how vampires need blood to refill themselves? Yeah, Lianne needs some raw meat. But not just any, she needed a freshly killed one. The frozen preserved meats are nasty. That didn't mean she was going to murder anything, though. The monster village already have some 'fresh ones' waiting for her. And she hated the citizens there. It was their fault she became this.. Freak. Oh well, she knew her body would be drained if she didn't get her energy source. 

Lianne mumbled and used her tongue to toy with her sharp teeth that used to be human, like her body. She sulked when the sign that warned she was entering monster territory stared at her. The hybrid was going to a place where she hated everyone who lived there. Although she may blend in, she isn't one of them. Walking around the market place, she spotted many bizarre fruits and vegetables and plain human food. The market was pretty packed, monster children running around, mothers and families looking and buying what looked good to them, and a crocodile guy was advertising a flashlight. Lianne sniffed around until she could smell the aroma of freshly killed raw meat, it made her mouth water a lake. Her nose led her to spot a green stand that was selling a special breed of a boar. Oh how they looked delicious. She could almost taste their flesh in her mouth. 

"Hey! You! Vampire girl!" Lianne turned around, startled looking for  the owner of the voice. A crocodile man motioned for her to come over to his booth. She shakily followed his finger and stood in front of him. What did he need? Did she do something that was rude to the monster community? Did she fail at blending in? Well, he did call her a vampire, so she was relieved and offended at the same time. "Stand here!" She obeyed. The reptile pulled out what looked like a flashlight and aimed it at her face. Before she knew it, a blinding light switched on and she screamed in pain. How bright was this thing?! 

"GAAAHH!!!" The crocodile man smirked and waved the the flashlight around. "Ya see? This little thing keeps out shady thieves! Who wants to give it a shot?" A few other witnesses raised their hands. Lianne, knowing the danger she was in, tried to make a run for it, but was grabbed by the hood, revealing her head to the sunlight. It burns. So much. The hybrid hissed, revealing her razor sharp teeth and her sunglasses were knocked off. She hated these people. Her hatred numbed the pain that sizzled her skin. The volunteer stepped up and took the flashlight, ready to try what the crocodile did before. This was going to be a sucky experience.

Kerry had just entered the streets from her home tree in the forest. She grinned then shifted into a monkey before jumping from stand to stand. She could really use a snack right about now. As she jumped past a food stand, she snatched a small croissant and continued on her way. Once far enough, she switched back and ate it while looking down at people from a roof. 

A little ways away, she could heard some commotion so she followed the voices after finishing. There, a crocodile man seemed to have gathered a crowd after shining a powerful flashlight at what appeared to be a vampire, seeing their reaction to it. She slipped through the crowds, then tapped the croc's shoulder. "Umm, so flashlights are supposed to light up dark area, rights? Why don't you just shine a little on your heart? A place that dark should be lit up with something as powerful as this."

Ashel follows a loud commotion to the market street. Only to find a crocodile man pestering a vampire just to sell product. Anger filled his veins as he rose up with a loud and terrifying roar. He shed his hood revealing who he was some of the monsters that weren't too terrified by his presence knelt before him as he walked up to the crocodile man grabbing him by his throat. "Leave. Now!" He tossed the crocodile man through a stack of crates holding his flashlights. As the crocodile man ran away Ashel looked to the vampire. "Are you ok ma'am? I'm sorry about this we have strict rules against using light sources on vampires." He leans down picking up your sunglasses and hands them back to you. Then turns to face the crowd. "The next citizen I find that attacks a fellow monster will be sent to the chopping block! do you understand me? You may resume shopping." He walks beside you. "whatever you were here to buy consider it payed in full. About what you just had to go through...I'm truly sorry about all that"

@Eezumi-san

Lianne gritted her teeth, waiting for the light to burn her again, but what came was a monkey girl trying to get the crocodile man's attention. "Umm, so flashlights are supposed to light up dark area, rights? Why don't you just shine a little on your heart? A place that dark should be lit up with something as powerful as this." The hybrid grinned at the smart remark, chuckling a bit while still fighting back some tears. Why did the talking monkey decide to help her? The situation had gotten better when a guy who seemed to have a pretty big ego threw the reptilian into a pile of crates, leaving him dazed and confused. "Are you okay ma'am? I'm sorry about this, we have strict rules on using light sources against vampires." Lianne threw her hood over her head and snatched her sunglasses from the stranger. "Mhm. Yeah. Sure. I can see how strict the rules are." 

She placed her shades on and sighed that the burning sensation had been relieved for awhile. The guy with the high authority yelled at the crowd and apologized, telling her that whatever she was shopping for, would be paid in full. Her green orbs widened at his act of kindness. But her awe died down fast. Ha, if he knew what she was and what she thought of their race, he wouldn't have offered her anything. 

"Ah well. Now I know how it feels to be a hu-- um test subject...." She looked away. Ugh. And with the fakest at smile ever, "Thanks.... Sir.. And monkey girl..."

@Dark_one @Puggie

Eustass glanced around the marketplace for monster kind on a bright and early morning, the temperature was perfect, the sun, however, was not so friendly. It was just my luck that there wasn't a single cloud in the sky to help cover me, but I suppose my hoodie would have to do. I never grew up hating the sun, in fact I could see the beauty in it, though my family would have a much different opinion on the matter, but I guess that's a given. Through the mist of different monsters alike I focused on looking for my daily rations of freshly killed animals, though something else caught my attention. A loud roar was sounded behind me and seemed to have been focused on a crocodile man by a dragon prince? I was well met with many elites myself since technically I was of an upper class family but what striked me odd was that there was one here.

When I walked over silently through the crowds I noticed two more figures among the commotion, a vampire girl wearing a similar garb like I wore and a talking monkey, most likely a shape shifter. 

With a weak smile and some concern showing in my face I said to all three, "I'm sorry to interrupt but is everything alright? I heard a loud roar and I got worried if anyone got hurt."

For added measure I made sure to flash a toothy smile.

@Dark_one @Eezumi-san @Puggie

"I'm sorry to interrupt but is everything alright? I heard a loud roar and and I got worried if anyone got hurt." 

Lianne turned to the voice and there was a man dressed to be covered from the sun, like her. He smiled at them, showing fangs that gave away that-- Wait. Her blood ran cold. The fangs gave away that he was a vampire. She stiffened in her place, unable to stop staring at the figure before her. He was a vampire. One of those monsters who turned her into a freak hybrid. One of those sadistic devils that nearly killed her. Anger and hatred began boil up inside her and she nearly lashed out on him. The only thing that kept her from doing so was the fear of reliving the attack. Who knew how vicious this guy could be. He could kill her faster than a bullet. Or make her suffer somehow. The scenarios just kept filling up in her head until she realized she was staring for awhile. Lianne awkwardly looked the other direction. 

"Tsch.. Crocodile man might need a hospital.." 

She walked away from the group, pulling her hood closer to her face. She didn't notice it until she left, but she was trembling.

@Trojanac

Bailey sat in her chair as she finished painting on her easal. She stared at the bright painting of her latest dream, sighing she set it down and let it dry as she continued to pick away her things for her new school. She shut her trunk and set r aside as she threw on some clothes without paint stains on it. 

Her hood was up and she wandered down stairs and stole some cake before she closed her door and grinned. She shifted to a fox and sped down the road, people looking at the fox before it had sped from sight. She shifted in the shadows back to a human and looked around the market place.

She bit her lip and dig in her pocket "Shit... My wallet.." she sighed and just wandered, looking around for more of her kind. {As If..} She thought to herself and kept looking around, waiting for possibly any sign of any other monster

I smile back at Eustass "yes we just ran into a little bit of trouble with a halfling. I don't think he'll be bothering anyone anytime soon...." I turn around to see the mess I made of his supplies. "Sorry where are my manners! I'm the dragon prince, Ashel, it is a pleasure to meet the three of you." I bow slightly as we end up at the fresh meat stands looking at the two vampires then to lianne as she walks away. "Well then...." I throw my hood back over my head "well I'm going to head off as well" I walk up to the market "the next time that vampire comes here give here whatever she wants I'll pay for it." I spread my wings flying off and dropping into another section of the city.

@Eezumi-san @Trojanac @Puggie

"Call me Kerry." She shifted back to human was about to shake her hand when she realized who the guy was. Kerry smiled at him, then looked over as a new face appeared in the crowd. "Hey, everything's fine now, but you can ask her what happened fully." She gestured to the girl, who suddenly seemed to all of the sudden somehow needed to just leave. "Huh, well something seems to be bothering her." She waved to Ashel as he flew off then turned back to the vampire. "So, how about you give me a name. I'm Kerry." Taking a quick peek around, she saw a fox run into an alley. Then a girl walked out. She smiled to herself. Looks like I've found another. 

Eustass sighed in relief that everything was ok with whatever had transpired here, I smiled back at Ashel and bowed just as slightly as he had done as well, who was hopefully my first friend in a new area. Kelly too was hopefully a future friend as well, I knew that vampires had a bad rep but maybe if I left my mark on a few I could make a good impression. Soon enough I was talking to Kerry about the topic of the hooded girl, whom I think was a fellow vampire. Though I hated to admit it but, I myself... was afraid of my own kind. In any contact with other vampires I've been met with scorn and tarnish ever since I was younger, I don't know if it's reason making me afraid or it if it was embedded in my very subconscious. Though thankfully the hooded figure had already walked off a bit earlier, mentioning of hospitalizing the crocodile man. I did want to make friends, but at the moment vampires were a gray area where I needed myself to improve if I am to ever seem hospitable.

"So, how about you give me a name. I'm Kerry." 

Smiling to Kerry I simply held out my hand for a handshake and said, "Eustass Petrovic, though you can call me Petro."

@Dark_one @Eezumi-san @Puggie

She stopped a few feat away as a girl shifted human "Holy crap.." she looked at her with a small smile as she quickly shifted to a shaggy dog and walked over. She brushed past her legs and walked on, hoping no one noticed as she walked along the path panting. The shaggy black dog figure in the shadows slowly changed back to a human nearby the two introducing them selves

Kerry looked back at him and shook his hand. "I'll definitely be calling you Petro. Not too common of a name it is." Out of the corner of her one good eye, she saw the girl had changed to a shaggy dog then brushed up against her leg then continued on, probably to go somewhere to change back. "So, you ready to meet another shapeshifter? She's right on over there." She looked to the girl who had changed back. "You coming over to introduce yourself?" She had cupped her hands around her mouth to make her voice a bit louder. 

She froze as the girl with different colored eyes had pretty much called her over. She turned over to her and stared at her with her bright green eyes. She slowly made her way over "Oh, e-erm.. Hello.. I-I'm sorry I brushed pass, I-I didn't mean to bother you..". She asked her shyly as she pulled up her hood. She nervously chewed gently on the edge of her hoodie string, putting her hands in her pockets and looking down

Breeshey ticked off a name on her list and placed it in her bag , it needed to last till the end of the school year. Death wont send her another till its over. She tied her sythe to her back and continued her walk to school. Breeshey was excited but looked as blank as paper about it, she was sure she would have aleast have one friend either living or long gone. The word 'dead' was considered vulgar in the ethereal plane so long gone or past over where her only options on that topic.

She looked around the streets as others moved out of her way , which was normal to her. Breeshey believed they were being kind and moving so she could continue but in actul fact they were scared of her and thought getting in her way meant certain dead.

Kerry looked at the girl whom she apparently had frightened. "Why are you sorry? I know you did what you thought was appropriate, there's no reason to be sorry for something like that." She turned to Petro. ""Well, here she is. Another shapeshifter like me. Tell me, what can I call you?" She directed the last question to the girl when she turned back to her. In her hand, Kerry still had a bit of the croissant, which she popped into her mouth. 

She looked up at the girl "J-just nervous I guess.." She suddenly got silent as she spoke to the male figure. She jumped gently as she looked back to her as sheaths went into a daze "W-what? M-my name? Oh! I'm sorry again.. I'm Bailey.. And uh, you?" She asked in a soft voice as she put down her hood for the girl to get a better look at her face and shoved her hands back in her pocket

As evening waned into twilight Vasilily Newbrand, which was the name she chose to go by, heard the tinkle of water crystals as her grandmam arrived home from the market. She worked long hours, and even stayed for the early beginnings of the night market bustle at the little stall where she sold some of the finest monster-made silks and jewelry. Although the small family sold luxurious goods, they themselves had little left over from the sales. Some days were better than others, and on those days they would have High Elven tea- a pricey treat- together to celebrate. 

She peered over the aquamarine she was setting to her kinsperson's face. Grandmam was cheerful today and a soft smile rested on her lined face. "Good sales day?" she asked in her tinkling voice- gentle and almost melodic. 

"The Dragon prince came to market today!" the old elf replied with warmth. "I saw him, standing up for a Child of the Night, his bravery on full display."

Lily's thin brows arched slightly higher at her grandmam's gushing. "The monster prince? What could he have been doing at the market?" 

"Who knows... help me with these baskets, won't you dear?" 

"Of course," Vasilily answered obediently going over to her elder and taking two baskets full of fabrics from full arms. She took them to a corner and placed them there with the rest of the small stock still to be sold. Grandmam placed hers down beside Lily's baskets and sighed with relief, clapping her hands together. 

"I think we'll have some tea tonight." Grandmam winked. 

"But, Grandmam! You still have half the silks and most of the jewels left over," Vasilily protested.

"...Are you refusing High Elven tea, my child? That would be the first time these old eyes would've seen it!"

Lily couldn't help but smile. "Of course not, Grandmam Talrushi." And she went to prepare the water.  

As the two sat down beside a fire Lily kindled, they began to talk. "You'll be going to that school tomorrow, yes?" Grandmam asked her.

"Yes, I will be." 

"Stay safe now, the world isn't as safe for monsters as it used to be..." 

"It used to be safe for us? When was that, Grandmam?" 

"Oh, a long time ago." The elderly smiled, a twinkle in her eye at the remembrance. "Before the war things were different. We lived separately. The humans were not as populous and hungry for land... And the others mostly kept to themselves and did their own business."

The young elf tried to imagine it, but found she couldn't. It saddened her heart a bit. The fact that she was hiding that her school was all-human stung her conscience. She couldn't help feeling a pang of guilt. Grandmam Talrushi thought it was safe, an integrated school still. It just showed how behind on the latest news she was. The old elf rarely bothered to keep up with much news anymore. She said she was too old for these quibbles. Lily knew it was because she was too tired to read about more fighting after a long day of selling wares.

Vasilily sighed into her tea and took a sip of the slightly sweet liquid that had a taste that reminded her of lush forests and thick loam. It relaxed her. This was simply the way it had to be. She would learn from the school, then make enough coin so that Grandmam, her only surviving relative, would no longer have to be out in the market from dawn til dusk. 

"Do you have what I asked?" I say looking at the black market dealer.

"yes prince Ashel but why the school your a prince you live under high payment from the hunters why would you need an education?" The dealer says as he hands me my fake id and student information.

I hand him the money for it all. "Because I wish for a better life for my subjects. I hate what the hunters have brought us to. This is my way of fighting back. If they control what I do then really? Are we citizens or slaves?" I pull my hood back up and walk back through the streets keeping an eye out for my citizens. I step in where needed but try to let the guards do most of the work. I end up back at my castle and when I open the door to my room there would be my dad. Igniel drake-king.

"my son it seems you can not lean to stay out of trouble. That was quite a spectacle you displayed in the market." The wise elder dragon stared down at me scowling.

i shrink under his gaze "dad I was just sticking up for a fellow monster.... there weren't any guards around so someone had to do something!"

"yes but that decree you made has half the town scared!" My dad sighs "but I doubt I would've done anything different at your age.... Ashel you need to learn control. As high prince you need to show some sense of self control. When you are in public you represent this family and this city. Remember that."

"yes father. Sorry for causing problems sir" I kneel at my father's feet but he lifts me up pulling me into a hug.

"be careful son." He lets me go and walks to the door "I have work to do I will talk to you later"

"yes sir" I wait til he leaves then reach in my pocket and pull out my papers. "School starting tomorrow...here I come"

Breeshey pulled some money put of her pockets and started to buy things she would neeed for school as it had only just struck her it would start tomorrow "thank lucifer for overtime" she mumbled to herself .

She walked past some market stalls, stopping every now and then picking up supplies to her likeing for example a black bag with skeletal figures on it. She grabbed some food as she continued. Breeshey was comfortable with being mistaken for a human obsessed with death and the dark.

Kerry shook her hand despite her not being prepared for it. She quickly took the Bailey's features. Red hair, freckles, but not a face she should forget. "Well, Kerry's my name." She looked up at the sky, noting how the sun had only traces of it left and the stars began to show. "That's my que to leave. I'll see ya both around." She transformed back into a monkey and bounded across the stands back to the forest, and snatching an apple as she did. 

Once in there, she looked for her home tree, the tallest and hardest to climb. Kerry spotted it, so she shifted into a squirrel and ran up the tree, all the way to the top. There, all of her belongings were strung up on branches. She turned back to human in the largest branch before eating the apple. Then she tossed the core and layer back. Watching the stars started to show even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back