• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom π‘Žπ‘›π‘¦π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘š π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘™π‘™π‘’π‘¦? πŸŽ€ a harry potter search

labyrinic

down down down by the river (by the river)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Honeydukes

Call me

Kit

I am

Queer

I'm also

in my late twenties

My pronouns

are she/her

πŸŽ€

As one might've guessed by now, this is a Harry Potter search thread! Some quick about me's is I've been roleplaying for almost twenty years now (oof), I've seen all of the films and I've read all of the books and I've played most of the video games. The first three for GameCube and PC (ss/cos/poa) have been my favorites for about twenty years now as well (double oof), and they contributed a lot to how I viewed the castle and wanted to engage with it in my writing (especially the lesson structure).

I've played some of Legacy but haven't finished it (no spoilers!). I really love how Legacy fleshed out the castle and Hogsmeade and the surrounding hamlets, and would be more than happy to use Legacy as a geographical reference. But the video games are not necessary points of reference for you to talk with me, they're just bonuses! πŸ’•

πŸŽ€

Also before we get on to the good stuff (rules & what I want), I feel it's pertinent to mention: I, as a non-cis and queer person myself, do not vibe with JKR's general bullshit she's been up to. Hell I more or less stopped listening to her around the whole Pottermore additional information & Twitter HC era when I started to outgrow her writing and realized some of her ideas, were bad. I still however, for better or worse, very fond of this franchise.

I don't condone her shit and I've always preferred to write out as much of her bigotry as I could. I know for some people that's still not enough, and I don't fault them for that. Granted, I don't imagine those people even clicked on this ad, but I thought it important to say. If you, like me, are a fellow queer that can't quite give up on writing this fandom, then you're among friends! I just want it known that like, I'm not advertising for HP because I agree with her. I don't, not in any regard.

πŸŽ€

Alright, with that out of the way, one more hurdle before the fun stuff. The rules!
  • All potential partners should be at least 20+ if not like 22+, as I'm legit staring 30 in the face here kids.
  • I am a multipara/novella writer. I am largely a flow/vibes based writer in that I follow the general narrative rhythm, but I do have the ability to write at least 3,000w words (if not like 5,000 since some of my profiles have gotten that high) and very rarely do my posts dip below 250w.
    You do not have to match me, I think that puts undue stress on you. But know I write a lot, and I am asking you be able to write a minimum of 250 words or so.
  • My mediums are Private Messages, Discord, and Email!
  • I write third person, present tense. I can however write past upon request!
  • Doubling is required, except in the fringe case that you only want to roleplay the canon for my OC with no reciprocation in your end. Odd, as there's free wish fulfillment at the punch bowl, but who am I to say no.
    Although I require doubling, I do offer tripling if you'd like an OT3 or Love Triangle on your side πŸ‘€
  • I'm fine with all pairing types! MxF, FxF, MxM, CanonxOC, OCxOC, CanonxCanon are all fine with me! My pairing will be MxF CanonxOC, but I will write whatever you like for your side!
  • My Limits are very important, so please read them carefully. They are the IC and OOC mention of: {Smoking/vaping, drugs, alcohol, substance abuse/addiction}. This means I don't want to write about it or read about it, I don't want to see it in images (memes, faceclaims, etc), in videos, I don't want to casually talk or joke about it, I don't want to be sent songs where that is the major focus of the lyrics. They are limits for personal reasons, ones I should not have to divulge to be awarded basic respect. Outside of those, in IC writing my limits are also sexual assault, and the usuals for this community (pedo, incest, etc.), the general "don't be nasty" rule.

Okay, that's it! The wet blanket stuff is out of the way, hooray! πŸŽ‰ We can finally talk about the fun stuff!

πŸŽ€ Pairings πŸŽ€

On my side: I'm looking for you to write Sirius Black against my F!OC in any era!
On your side: I am happy to write damn near any canon for you or even make you an OC if you'd like! To write against the OC or canon of your choice.
Some of my best and favorites to write are: Remus, James, Harry, Draco, Hermione.
Some that I've always wanted to write are: Ron, Oliver, Viktor, Lily, Fleur, Luna
Now the only exceptions and thus who I will not write for you (I'm sorry) are: Voldemort, Peter, and Severus

πŸŽ€ Plots πŸŽ€

We're in the home stretch, we can do it guys! Aasklhjddjkfg
So what am I looking for? Anything really! But I have a few standout favorites

Golden Trio Era: I have a plot where my OC, who was both friends with James and Lily, as well as dating Sirius at the time, was (separate from her relationship with Sirius) named godmother to Harry at the same time Sirius was named godfather. So as opposed to going to the Dursleys when Lily and James fall to Voldemort, my OC is able to convince Dumbledore to give Harry to her to raise. Harry is raised in the Wizarding World by my OC, in a home that loves and cares for him. It's a fun AU I am very fond of, because it changes certain things about Harry's upbringing that ultimately make him different from the books, though he's not a totally new person. There are core things about him that stay the same, this time he just grew up with a social circle and a metaphorical village of people who loved him. All the while my OC has been heartbroken over the arrest of Sirius, who's still in Azkaban.

"The Ultimate Slowburn": I love to do a plot where we start in First Year. It's so exciting to write their first trips to Hogsmeade and their first train ride and the sorting, and work our way through their lives at Hogwarts. It's how we first were introduced to the series, and it's a really special way to get to know our characters. Obviously in the beginning it's just a bunch of friendship stuff, but along the way we can make our own mysteries if we like! Much like the original books always had a big mystery each year. This is a long haul long term kind of roleplay, and I haven't done it in years but it was so much fun when I did. Granted, I also love Slice of Life, so if you don't like SoL, your mileage may vary! Because the day to day life stuff of the books was some of my favorite.

Marauders Era / University Years: Now I don't just kick Hogwarts into a University setting, as I know is popular. But what I have done, is developed additional years of schooling on top of the canon seven, including new levels of standardized wizarding tests a new Quidditch structure to accommodate the fact children as young as 12 and adults as old as 25 are playing the game (and I admit I'm one of those people who loves to write out duelling club scenes and Quidditch matches. I love a sports anime aslkdjfg). We can start anywhere in their school years you like, be it the original years or my new modified ones.

First Wizarding War: I'm not as interested in this as I am stuff involving Hogwarts (as Hogwarts is my favorite setting), but I have my OC's involvement in the FWW planned out and ready to go! So we could totally do this if it's to your interest.

πŸŽ€

Okay I think... I think that's finally it. I think we're finally done! If you've stuck with me this long, I thank you. And I hope to hear from you!
If you're interested, please contact me via private message and do not comment on my thread. I like to get a good first impression of you when you message me, and just stating an interest in the comments of my thread is not a very good first impression. Tell me about yourself! What you want, what you're thinking!

I hope to hear from some of you soon, but if I don't, good luck in your searches and thank you for reading! πŸ’œ

secrets of the castle

jungkook

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back