• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Anyone looking for a new Pokemon rp?

Archdemon

Some random dude on the Internet
So I don't particularly have a plot in mind but I've thought up a few things like who the Antagonists are, the Evil Pokemon team, how battle mechanics are gonna be though that's a more loose thing and I need help because I can't really think of anything and I'm very tired ((Also kinda lazy at the moment)), I feel as if people who want to join a Pokemon rp kinda make it a special thing for all of us and to create our own story instead of just following a certain plot I made up.

So The Evil Pokemon Team is called "TEAM LEGION"

I need help figuring out battle mechanics cause I've never actually used them so I'm not so great at it so some help will be cool and I'll figure out a story and names for stuff and I will take in some suggestions too.

Also there can be Cannon Characters in this Rp too so if you wanna play as Ash go ahead, wanna play Brock? Go ahead. There will also be Oc's of course.

You guys interested?

Interested people:

@PokemonGirl

@Joey Winchester

@Bunny

@HetalianPrincess

@Geozaki

@Apoptosis

Suggestions made by people:

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not, but me and my friends made up a pokemon version of dnd, so I could pitch some ideas about using dice. I could pitch stuff about plot too if you want us to help.

[QUOTE="Joey Winchester]Sounds good to me. The rules were rather simple now that I think about it.

[/QUOTE]
I would love to hear them!

Alright so I'll try to keep this as short and simple as possible.

So first the stats, which are simple. We had 5 stats, Hp, Att, Def, Sp.Att, and Sp.Def. We didnt include speed because of moves like quick attack and we felt that in the games status moves always went first, so we just went with rolling a d20 and going in order from highest to lowest rolls. Moves like quick attack guaranteed you would go first though.

So then the battle rules stayed pretty close to the games. Physical attacks would be affected by defense while special attack was affected by special defense. We would roll a d20 and if we rolled higher than whatever number we needed to, it was a hit. For damage we rolled a d12 + either att or sp.att.

So for example, my lvl 5 charmander with an att of 6 used Scratch. I hit, and rolled a d12, and say I got a 3. So my total attack was 9. Now since it was a physical attack, we would minus the defense of the enemy pokemon, and the resulting number would be how much damage the enemy pokemon takes.

I'm gonna try here and see if I can make a quick little example battle using the dice.

Lvl 5 Charmander vs Lvl 5 Cyndaquil

Charmander: Hp: 10, Att: 5, Def: 5, Sp.Att: 5, Sp.Def: 5

Cyndaquil: Hp: 10, Att: 5, Def: 5, Sp.Att: 5, Sp.Def: 5

Charmander used scratch and it hit.

[dice]14607[/dice]

Alright so 10 + 5 from his attack stat, so a total of 15.

Now we take away Cyndaquil's defense from it, so 15 - 5 = 10. So Cyndaquil took 10 damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Joey Winchester]Alright so I'll try to keep this as short and simple as possible.
So first the stats, which are simple. We had 5 stats, Hp, Att, Def, Sp.Att, and Sp.Def. We didnt include speed because of moves like quick attack and we felt that in the games status moves always went first, so we just went with rolling a d20 and going in order from highest to lowest rolls. Moves like quick attack guaranteed you would go first though.

So then the battle rules stayed pretty close to the games. Physical attacks would be affected by defense while special attack was affected by special defense. We would roll a d20 and if we rolled higher than whatever number we needed to, it was a hit. For damage we rolled a d12 + either att or sp.att.

So for example, my lvl 5 charmander with an att of 6 used Scratch. I hit, and rolled a d12, and say I got a 3. So my total attack was 9. Now since it was a physical attack, we would minus the defense of the enemy pokemon, and the resulting number would be how much damage the enemy pokemon takes.

[/QUOTE]
I like it but I thought instead of actual Hp we'd use percentage like say if your charm anger got hit and took about 33% off its total health then it has 67% left this way we don't have to do extra math for lets say a Pokemon has over 200 Hp we just change that to 100% and all damage taken will be a percent of its health. I was trying to think of an easier way of doing math where we don't use stats to fight as I know some people would get stuck on it or get confused like say if your charm anger used ember on a Bulbasaur then we'd roll a dice and if the move was super effective we'd multiply it by two or if it was ineffective we'd divide it by two and regular attacks would just be plain a dice roll. Will that work?

Yes if an atk is super effective then it gets doubled and if it's not very effective then it gets halved. I think doing the math by percentages is harder, at least for me anyways. And what do you mean by a plain dice? Like a normal 6 sided dice?

The plain dice was a general thing like it wouldn't get multiplied or divided.

Well that battle mechanic to me seems like a little less math since I had the idea of removing stats so that other people wouldn't have to do some not really complicated math but kinda like a younge twister type math, it's really the only reason why I had come up with the percentage battle dice system.

Now on the topic of capturing, I thought that it would go by the same thing for the battle mechanic where you battle the wild Pokemon and the lower its health the greater the chance of capturing it would be like say if you planned on capturing it the amount of health it has ((Let's use my percentage battle mechanic for example)) like let's say you took off 55% of its health then your chance at capturing it would now be at 55% and the lower you go that percentage would increase but if it hits 0 then you lost your chance at getting the Pokemon since it fainted.

Is that good?

@Joey Winchester

Forgive me, but I'm not understanding. How exactly do we figure out how much percent to take away from Hp? Like in your previous post, you had charmamder take 33% of damage, how so? I'm sorry but I am confused.

Let's say we have a 100 sided die and let's say we got the number 78 then going by my mechanic we'd take away 78 from 100 to give us 22 and change all the numbers to percents. So the 100 on the die is actually 100%.

So the charmander took 33% damage so it's got 77% of its Hp left. Do you understand now? I probably made you more confused and if I did I'm sorry.

If you still don't understand then what I would like for you to do if you're willing is to help find a way to make a battle mechanic in which we don't use stats or levels. Like I said you don't have to do it if you don't want to but I would be very happy of you do decide to do it.

@Joey Winchester

Ah ok. I get it now. Like I said percentage math has always been hard for me, but now I understand. So let me ask you this, without stats then how are we gonna determine damage? If I understand correctly, we're just gonna roll a d100 and whatever number we get is the damage?

Well that's the only thing I can think of to get rid of stats because I want this to not feel like an actual Pokemon game but a story that has some fighting elements ((Kinda like the anime where they didn't really use stats and all that.)) I'm not exactly sure whether or not the dice will be 100 sided. And yes that's how damage is determined but items can be used in battle to prolong the fight.

@Joey Winchester

Users who are viewing this thread

Back