Other Anyone here from Germany? The Denmark area?

DamnCatsMeow

Classified: Lost
So my husband is in Fredrikshaven (sp?) and i'm just trying to get an idea of what it's like there. We can't really talk at the moment because our phone plan is messed up :(

Denmark-area sounds like Schleswig-Holstein. Bit I have never heard of Fredrikshaven. And, according to google, Frederikshavn (Dunno if it's the same, but google didn't show me and results for Fredrikshaven) is in northern Denmark. And "Friedrichshafen" isn't possible either, as this city is in Baden-Wurttemberg. So, I have no clue which city you mean, unfortunately.

Although I do not live there (I live in Hessen, which is like 400km away), I have visited Schlesig-Holstein kinda often in my life. Particulary the city of Kiel and the small villages of Laboe and Stein. And also Wyk on Föhr once. I've been in SH about eight times, between the years of 2005-2014. I haven't been to SH since 2014 as our money's been really tight, but I want to visit Kiel again in about 10 days, after finals.
As someone who doesn't live next to a freaking ocean (unless you count a lake as an ocean, who knows?), SH is very...astonishing? You are almost always next to the water, and it has something soothing for me. SH is also part of the reason why I have learned windsurfing. Though at home on our small lake and not the ocean. One windblow on the ocean and I'll fall face first. Hooray!
SH is also pretty bike-friendly, but has barely any train-transit (barely. None. Kiel has a train station with five rails I think. Or seven. One going to ?? (Honestly I dunno, I think Niebüll), Hamburg and Zurich (Yes, MF Zurich. It's a blessing bc the Zurich train goes through Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe. Was a pain in the ass to take a train to Hamburg and then to Kiel. You don't wanna be in Hamburg HBF during holiday season.) ), instead relying on buses.
SH is kind of...dunno. Flat? The Netherlands of Germany, literally. Easy to traverse with a bike, and it feels like more people have a bike than car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back