Tech Anyone here build their own rig?

Transparent

Just started building, or at least trying to build, my own rig for gaming. Anyone else have any experience with this themselves?

Case I bought below.

110725745.jpg

I actually got a little help on deciding the rest of my parts off reddit, just sitting back funds over time to buy more parts.

I built mine but  I had a lot of help from my hubby (who is a tech).  Don't be afraid to try stuff!!  Your parts are more durable than you believe! Just don't take a sledge hammer to them!

I only have my case right now so I'm just hoping there's some sort of instruction manual or something like that with the parts as I get em lol.

no, there really won't be.  I mean.  There are things on Instructables or ehow that can help you, though.

I build my own.

I built my very first one when I was a teen thanks to @Ghan. Since then I'll upgrade my PC when I can. I got a new case and a ton of new parts earlier this year.

Just have an idea of what you want and make sure they are all compatible with each other. 

Got that covered, some dudes on the subreddit for building made me up a budget build under 600$, so all the parts are compatible.

I build my own.

I built my very first one when I was a teen thanks to @Ghan. Since then I'll upgrade my PC when I can. I got a new case and a ton of new parts earlier this year.

Any pics? Would love to see! :D

I want to find a way to make this my next case: https://www.dan-cases.com/dana4.php

I don't know much about PCs yet, so I will ignorantly ask this: Won't that kinda be a bit restricting on what you can do?

I used this site when I was building my PC, since it helped make the information a lot more digestible, you know, confirming compatibility and all that.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

The actual build itself is initially a bit stressful, but on some level, it's just like playing with very expensive legos. For me, the worst part was, surprisingly, installing the CPU fan.

my brother sort of gave me his computer which he built itself, but the power supply and the motherboard sort of broke (rip) and now i use this fresh and old low-end laptop! we've been talking about maybe someday we would both build a new computer when i get the money, but it hasn't really happened yet.

Buying parts over time is a really bad idea considering how quickly they will go out of date before you can use them. Save the money up and then buy the latest / most recent stuff you can afford at that time.

There are plenty of tutorials out there and youtube videos on how to install almost everything. Not to mention you have reddit and plenty of others forums to ask questions on. I built my own PC knowing little to nothing about it and it's been churning along for a good year. :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back