Other Anyone else joined alot of random roleplay sites after being ignored?

Rose-Chan

Trying to bring myself back
I'm in a situation now where on my old main site i've been consistently ignored, and it feels as if it's dying out.I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems? They are rather frustrating!!!

I have but it never really bothered me. I wasn't really close to a lot of the site members (kinda glad I wasn't) so it didn't bother me as much. But I've had the feeling where you were a part of something fun and amazing but just wears out, whether you're ignored or just completely forgotten. It wasn't an rp site if you're wondering

Last edited:
I'm in a situation now where on my old main site i've been consistently ignored, and it feels as if it's dying out.I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems? They are rather frustrating!!!
I'm feeling that. I've never been a big presence on here, but this level of dryness is pretty worrisome at times.

Glad to see some people who've at least been through the same thing. Im planning on posting two roleplays from my other site here, actually. Maybe doing small revisions. But that's neither here nor there. I'm hoping here i can get a roleplay of the ground.

Glad to see some people who've at least been through the same thing. Im planning on posting two roleplays from my other site here, actually. Maybe doing small revisions. But that's neither here nor there. I'm hoping here i can get a roleplay of the ground.
I'm currently searching, I'll try to help out if my interest is piqued.

One is a PRivate after first post roleplay with heavy dark themes, speaking about a broken relationship. The other is a pretty large group project. A simple arena-type thread where characters from various fandoms duke it out to see who comes out on top. I'm going to refine the arena idea to explain it further and make it seem more attractive, but i've got to actually get around to posting it. The second is a bit more of a casual one, and i dont know how well either will go here. I'm just going to test the waters.

oooh, multifandom rp's have always intrigued me but they were all full by the time I notice them ;-;
I also like dark themes so let me know when you post an interest check on that ouo

Ill certainly interest check before postin it, it is very dark and i have ;abeled it with trigger warning o
oooh, multifandom rp's have always intrigued me but they were all full by the time I notice them ;-;
I also like dark themes so let me know when you post an interest check on that ouo
I'll keep you posted, im almost finished with the arena thread and i'll presevre a slot if you'd like me to

That won’t be necessary, thanks for the offer tho uwu

I’m on daily so I’ll most likely catch it

That won’t be necessary, thanks for the offer tho uwu

I’m on daily so I’ll most likely catch it

Just to let you know, the main sign-up thread is currently live in Fandoms. I will be making the other threads either later tonight (ie, before midnight) or sometime tomorrow before i go to work.

I can never find people who both meet my standards and enjoy the same things I do; at this point I just gave up and accepted the fact that most plots I have in mind will never be roleplayed

I can never find people who both meet my standards and enjoy the same things I do; at this point I just gave up and accepted the fact that most plots I have in mind will never be roleplayed
Im willing to take a look at your ideas, if you want.

What do you mean by they "ignored you" exactly? Like you were on a roleplay with them and they didn't reply? Or was it just that they didn't take whatever roleplay you were trying to sell?

What do you mean by they "ignored you" exactly? Like you were on a roleplay with them and they didn't reply? Or was it just that they didn't take whatever roleplay you were trying to sell?
It started with the first aspect but moved to the second. I was putting alot of effort into ideas nobody even bothered trying back where i was. So pretty much ignoring my threads/ideas. Itbwas frustrating to have a roleplay up for like 2 weeks and noone joins despite activity on the forum and having links or even banners in your signature. At least here my simple arena idea has gotten 2 people. Two more than it got in 2 weeks time anywhere else.

It started with the first aspect but moved to the second. I was putting alot of effort into ideas nobody even bothered trying back where i was. So pretty much ignoring my threads/ideas. Itbwas frustrating to have a roleplay up for like 2 weeks and noone joins despite activity on the forum and having links or even banners in your signature. At least here my simple arena idea has gotten 2 people. Two more than it got in 2 weeks time anywhere else.
I see. Well, I do know how that feels. On former sites I was in I was often ignored when I was in a group, and here on RPN even I've had many ideas and threads of mine simply ignored and roleplays people ghosted on me.

Still, in retrospect to those times, I recognize now that I have a tendency to overcomplicate otherwise simple things and that the game-like systemization I often make isn't the most appealing to everyone. Back when I was ignored in groups, though I still don't think it's right, I also recognize I was a bit overbearing with overly angsty/edgy characters. I was a noob back then, and I've come a long way since, but even today some of my ideas just get no traction.

I'm sorry to have to pop this bubble given how nice of a person you seem, but all the more that makes me want you to face reality to improve your own chances and well being. The truth is people aren't really ignoring you most of the time. Your ideas are just not in their radar. Sometimes that will be because the idea has some major flaw or just isn't that good, other times it will because it has to do with an interest that is your own and not particularly anyone else's. Adapting is the only way to go when it comes to that. Expand your horizons, either by trying to roleplay other things instead or by trying to adapt how you sell what you want to sell. Wrap the idea on something more broadly appealing or search far and wide for someone who wants something similar and may not have noticed you, then pitch it to them. Try to negotiate unfavorable terms and be willing to make compromises, to the extent of your wish to roleplay that thing.

Do that, and you'll have a lot more partners and a lot more roleplays. Keep a good attitude, persistance, awareness of what you really want or not, and a spirit of collaboration. That's the baseline attitude for a healthy and hopefully happy roleplay life.

I'm sorry if this is bothersome of me to say. But I do hope you find it useful. Good luck and happy RPing!

I see. Well, I do know how that feels. On former sites I was in I was often ignored when I was in a group, and here on RPN even I've had many ideas and threads of mine simply ignored and roleplays people ghosted on me.

Still, in retrospect to those times, I recognize now that I have a tendency to overcomplicate otherwise simple things and that the game-like systemization I often make isn't the most appealing to everyone. Back when I was ignored in groups, though I still don't think it's right, I also recognize I was a bit overbearing with overly angsty/edgy characters. I was a noob back then, and I've come a long way since, but even today some of my ideas just get no traction.

I'm sorry to have to pop this bubble given how nice of a person you seem, but all the more that makes me want you to face reality to improve your own chances and well being. The truth is people aren't really ignoring you most of the time. Your ideas are just not in their radar. Sometimes that will be because the idea has some major flaw or just isn't that good, other times it will because it has to do with an interest that is your own and not particularly anyone else's. Adapting is the only way to go when it comes to that. Expand your horizons, either by trying to roleplay other things instead or by trying to adapt how you sell what you want to sell. Wrap the idea on something more broadly appealing or search far and wide for someone who wants something similar and may not have noticed you, then pitch it to them. Try to negotiate unfavorable terms and be willing to make compromises, to the extent of your wish to roleplay that thing.

Do that, and you'll have a lot more partners and a lot more roleplays. Keep a good attitude, persistance, awareness of what you really want or not, and a spirit of collaboration. That's the baseline attitude for a healthy and hopefully happy roleplay life.

I'm sorry if this is bothersome of me to say. But I do hope you find it useful. Good luck and happy RPing!
I appreciate the thought but these are things im already working on. I understood people may not like what im doing or see major flaws...
I also realized recently my rps sometimes seem very heavily game-like but... I dony like to limit that yoo much for my own personal reasons. Honestly, im trying to get to a point where i CAN broaden my horizons but.. Outside of fandom rps im really scared to tread because im just... Not sure id be good enough for it.

I also realized recently my rps sometimes seem very heavily game-like but...
Well, when I was talking about the game like things, I actually meant myself haha... so, I don't know, you tell me if the member with most likes on the site is successful and then ask yourself if "if he went through this shit too and managed to overcome it, can't I too?". I'm sure you'll reach your own answer, and I hope it is one of hope.

Honestly, im trying to get to a point where i CAN broaden my horizons but.. Outside of fandom rps im really scared to tread because im just... Not sure id be good enough for it.
I understand being afraid. I can't tell you to cease your feelings though I think the are unwarrented cause let's be honest: Feelings aren't something you can just dismiss whenever you like. However, that being the case, how about trying it with people you feel are more at your level? Try looking for newcomers, give them quick RP opportunities helping to welcome people to the site or even to roleplay in general by quickly giving them the chance to participate while at the same time knowing they won't be as troubled even if you DO screw up. Or you could try aiming for simpler more generic roleplays like highschool roleplays to hone or test your skills in a low-stakes environment.

You could also just be clear that you aren't confident in your abilities in your search thread so potential partners are warned. Or you could do what I did when I was just starting out and put your heart into research about writing. And of course, there's nothing wrong with asking for feedback, even for minor things. I certainly wouldn't mind giving some, and those who do would simply not have to give it :)

There's plenty of paths and opportunities ahead! And they are all yours for the taking :)

I would consider my skill as a writer far about newcomer to roleplay, im self taught sure- but i tought myself over the 4 years im writing to push boundaries. I just... Want to branch out into group rp. I have always avoided it but im trying to get into it. I have a simpler thread open.. Maybe i jist didnt make the idea all that well (the arena thread ive mentioned earlier)

I just have issues really catching group rps i feel like i can do because i always feel like im going to acrew something major up in more involved ideas... But alot of simpler ideas never seem to catch my eye and make me have muse. I havent found a good grey area yet i guess. I dont know... I just need some help.

Want to branch out into group rp. I have always avoided it but im trying to get into it.
Hmmm...if that's the case I don't think you should start out by creating one of your own, but by joining someone else's. GMing is very hard work. Believe me, I've GMed dozens of RPs, some mine, others in which I ended up climbing up to the position. You also started out with a pretty hard sell, a multifandom, which aren't RPs that usually last, and a combat RP which aren't usually in the public eye.

I just have issues really catching group rps i feel like i can do because i always feel like im going to acrew something major up in more involved ideas... But alot of simpler ideas never seem to catch my eye and make me have muse.
I see. Well the muse problem is one I can't really speak much to. I do advocate that one ought to not rely on the muse, as it is often what creates the inability to write more than it gives. Good writing habits and structure can go much farther. Still, far from me to dictate how you should write.

I just need some help.
Send me a PM, tell me about what you like. If getting into group roleplays is what you want and you're worried about your performance, maybe I know of some friend's RP that could welcome you and offer some leniency. Or perhaps even one of my own. Of course, this in the condition that you're willing to take criticism and learn. I'll let you do your own decision, I do apologize if I'm coming hard on you.

If I'm being a bother, feel free to tell me and I'll scott right away.

I'm only here because Idea's profile lead me here XD
I vaguely know the feeling, but Ryoko commands attention with every sentence and attention she typically gets.
But like my good friend Idea said, he'll be lenient, and hopefully you find a place here on RPN!

Send me a PM, tell me about what you like. If getting into group roleplays is what you want and you're worried about your performance, maybe I know of some friend's RP that could welcome you and offer some leniency. Or perhaps even one of my own. Of course, this in the condition that you're willing to take criticism and learn. I'll let you do your own decision, I do apologize if I'm coming hard on you.

If I'm being a bother, feel free to tell me and I'll scott right away.

I would pm if i could,but my account is still technically not "old enough" yet. I'm willing to try. Id love to plot ideas, because there is one idea in particular ive been trying to redo... Making it better and less scatter brained and all over the place. We'll just need to chat and figure things out

And about muse, i dont always roleplay specifically when i feel like i have muse, but when i look at an idea i dont have muse in for GROUPS it turns me away. Ill do 1on1s all day, or small groups of like 5. But ive never gone too far in bigger groups. I want to try and wprk... Even if i come across as stubborn during the criticism.. Ill be taking it to heart.

As an extension,i also need to work on characters. Most of my favorites or my "well known to me" characters are niche and hard to flex with. Plus, im not the nest at character development. But the roleplays i try to do are attempts at fixing that i suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back