Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cirilla

• Other

• Total voters

Rat

Ratboy
I haven't played the first but I LOVED the second witcher and I just finished the third on PS4 and am working on the Hearts of Stone DLC before I get Blood & Wine

Who's your favorite character? And did you end up with Triss or Yen? Favorite part of the game? :) Just no spoilers for anyone who hasn't finished

I ended up with Triss on accident, I wanted to end up with Yennefer but I liked them both so Triss just sort of happened, and my favorite character in the second game was Iorveth <3 In the third... Eh, I don't really know honestly, I love Geralt obviously but I really like Olgierd Von Everec from the DLC c:

And what is your favorite Monster? And Gwent Deck?

I really like the Monsters deck and I'd have to say my favorite monster are Leshen's, They are just so cool looking! Or Fiends!

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite's gotta be my trusty steed and friend, Roach. If I had to pick a person I'll probably go with Vernon Roche, since I can relate to him pretty easily personality wise. I ended up with Yen, but only because story wise it made sense for Geralt to. If I had a custom character, I'll definitely go for Triss, every time.

Have to say my favorite part of the game, at least the part that amused me the most, was when Hjalmar tackled one of the wild huntsmen through a portal during the Battle of Kaer Morhen. He just showed up in another portal after and brushes the snow off his shoulders like they're nothing xD
Favorite Monster, probably the Fiend. Not sure why but they're not too challenging to kill for me, but always satisfying. My Gwent deck's the Northern Army, with the clear sky's ability. Haven't failed me yet ;)

WanderingJester said:
My favorite's gotta be my trusty steed and friend, Roach. If I had to pick a person I'll probably go with Vernon Roche, since I can relate to him pretty easily personality wise. I ended up with Yen, but only because story wise it made sense for Geralt to. If I had a custom character, I'll definitely go for Triss, every time.
Have to say my favorite part of the game, at least the part that amused me the most, was when Hjalmar tackled one of the wild huntsmen through a portal during the Battle of Kaer Morhen. He just showed up in another portal after and brushes the snow off his shoulders like they're nothing xD
Favorite Monster, probably the Fiend. Not sure why but they're not too challenging to kill for me, but always satisfying. My Gwent deck's the Northern Army, with the clear sky's ability. Haven't failed me yet ;)
I use the Northern Realms deck in the game but I own two actual gwent decks from the DLC thingy and I use monsters xD

Bea said:
I use the Northern Realms deck in the game but I own two actual gwent decks from the DLC thingy and I use monsters xD
Oh I've got the Blood and Wine DLC downloaded and installed, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Looking forward to it though xD . I really like the "take one card from your opponent's discarded pile" ability for the monsters deck :D

Y'all hold them spoilers, now. I caught the Witcher 3-pack deal on Steam a few days ago. Just started playing the first (I've got a hard-on for linear continuity, I swear to god I won't touch 2 or 3 until 1 is DEFEATED) and loving it. The battle system is fantastic. Like all the good parts of the Dragon Age system, mixed with the good parts of the Skyrim/Fallout/Bethesda engine. At least...that's my impression after, like, an hour of play.

AnonymousRaine said:
Y'all hold them spoilers, now. I caught the Witcher 3-pack deal on Steam a few days ago. Just started playing the first (I've got a hard-on for linear continuity, I swear to god I won't touch 2 or 3 until 1 is DEFEATED) and loving it. The battle system is fantastic. Like all the good parts of the Dragon Age system, mixed with the good parts of the Skyrim/Fallout/Bethesda engine. At least...that's my impression after, like, an hour of play.
I hope you like Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, because a lot of that realism is in the Witcher (you can probably tell after an hour). Sit back and enjoy the ride my friend :)

tumblr_nsijgpoxX01ur7mdeo1_500.gif

P.S. Oh and when you get to three, try not to spend all of your in game time playing Gwent (keyword: try).

WanderingJester said:
I hope you like Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, because a lot of that realism is in the Witcher (you can probably tell after an hour). Sit back and enjoy the ride my friend :)
tumblr_nsijgpoxX01ur7mdeo1_500.gif

P.S. Oh and when you get to three, try not to spend all of your in game time playing Gwent (keyword: try).
Actually I've never seen/read Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire. And I refuse to see it until I read it. And I can't read it until I finish the six other books I'm reading right now. >_<

But I love the dark, gritty medieval-realistic fantasy genre. Hard. Frightening. Dangerous; not because of dragons and manticores and ogres and trolls, but because they aren't policed. There's no (effective) form of law enforcement. Peasants are stupid and brutal and filthy. Dark fantasy; IT'S TOTALLY MY THING.

In short, of course.

And I'm excited.

AnonymousRaine said:
Actually I've never seen/read Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire. And I refuse to see it until I read it. And I can't read it until I finish the six other books I'm reading right now. >_<
But I love the dark, gritty medieval-realistic fantasy genre. Hard. Frightening. Dangerous; not because of dragons and manticores and ogres and trolls, but because they aren't policed. There's no (effective) form of law enforcement. Peasants are stupid and brutal and filthy. Dark fantasy; IT'S TOTALLY MY THING.

In short, of course.

And I'm excited.
Well, all I can say is that you're in for a treat after six more books ^_^ I personally like the books better, but I can respect those that like the show more as well. Not everything is great (like interesting, not "good" good) in the series, but overall I can definitely recommend it, especially to someone with your interest.

In the a world of monsters, the worst one is man. At least from what I've experienced in the Witcher series.

Well, I hope you continue to have fun. (^.^)

I'm a huge fan of the Witcher franchise, including the games and the books. I thoroughly enjoyed the books, and the games were really great to boot, especially Witcher III. I have been enjoying both DLCs, as well.

Is anyone else aware of the Witcher movie that will be coming out in 2017?

Mordecai said:
I'm a huge fan of the Witcher franchise, including the games and the books. I thoroughly enjoyed the books, and the games were really great to boot, especially Witcher III. I have been enjoying both DLCs, as well.
Is anyone else aware of the Witcher movie that will be coming out in 2017?
Yes! Isn't based off of the books and not the video games?

Sean Bean should be Geralt. With the ending of the book series, he would be perfectly fine.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username=""Psyker StrunLokSingh" data-cite=""Psyker StrunLokSingh" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="221603" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes! Isn't based off of the books and not the video games?<p>

</p>

<div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler="">

<div class="ipsSpoiler_header"><span></span></div>

<div class="ipsSpoiler_contents">

<p>Sean Bean should be Geralt. With the ending of the book series, he would be perfectly fine.</p>

<p></p>

<p>

I'd imagine it's not based off the video game franchise. I haven't looked into it.</p>

</div>

</div>

</div></blockquote>

[QUOTE="Psyker StrunLokSingh]I hope not. The games are great, but they cannot compare to the books.

[/QUOTE]
My concern though is that they're going to just rip the books apart and destroy that gorgeous storyline for the sake of cinema and cramming everything into a 1.5hour flick.

Yeah, that would be a shame. Especially long films aren't necessarily bad. The LotR films were about 3 hours each (3.5 for the Extended Editions) and they were absolutely amazing.

Anyway, I have got to say my favourite character is Vesemir. I just really enjoy his personality.

Vesemir's death was horrible for me. At least he made Imrelith scream before he died.
I ended up with Yennefer, because I don't really like Triss. All flowers and puppies. Yen, however, is sarcastic and, at times, bitchy. Far more interesting.

My favourite monster has got to be the Fiend. Those things look fucking amazing. Though, I do enjoying fighting cyclopes from time to time. Olgierd was my favourite enemy to fight, though (out of both bosses and general enemies; monsters and humans). It was a great challenge.

I don't play Gwent (I spend far too much time immersing myself in the amazing world), so I can't say anything there.

I purchased Blood & Wine when it came out, though I haven't started it. But I'm sure it will be amazing.

My main love for the Witcher universe is how dark and gritty it can get. I'm not a fan for the joy-filled everything will be nice and happy once the main enemy is defeated. As George R.R. Martin said: it's "just the good guys teaming up to take down the bad guy."

I love Geralt. So snarky and yet so serious. My favorite part of the game was when you were with [blank] in [blank] and you completely destroyed [blanks] cave of wonders with [blank] and [blank] Pushing that cup off the table and watching it shatter, priceless. I like the deer head things you randomly find in the woods. Not the fiends, the two legged tall guardian things. Look like forest spirits.

I'm crying now because I think a save file corrupted. I lost like an hour of game play time, and am hoping when I get to the same spot again it's alright, but... ;_; Every time I spoke to an NPC, not only the game crashed but so did my PC. Black screen then 50/50 GPU/CPU max while NOTHING HAPPENED or instant restart.

Hopefully in the next day or two I'll know. WORST case, reinstall and restart game from scratch. Worst-worst case...I can't play Witcher 1 for some awful reason. *sobbing commences*

I love the second Witcher, I've been playing too much of NBA 2K16 however and only got past the first part really. It's a really cool game with infinite content that has me setting magical traps for any wandering fool.

Reznor said:
I love the second Witcher, I've been playing too much of NBA 2K16 however and only got past the first part really. It's a really cool game with infinite content that has me setting magical traps for any wandering fool.
I hear wandering fool and 2K16. What mode are you playing for 2k? I'm doing MyCareer right now. Playing as a raw prospect for OKC for my second year in the league and we're rolling through the western conference at the moment.

WanderingJester said:
I hear wandering fool and 2K16. What mode are you playing for 2k? I'm doing MyCareer right now. Playing as a raw prospect for OKC for my second year in the league and we're rolling through the western conference at the moment.
Lottery pick who's been jumping from team to team after unsuccesfully taking his team to the playoffs, Ends up finding himself in the Cleveland Cavaliers and takes his team on a tear to get his team to the playoffs, I have it on last gen however but it's fun if you make it.

Reznor said:
Lottery pick who's been jumping from team to team after unsuccesfully taking his team to the playoffs, Ends up finding himself in the Cleveland Cavaliers and takes his team on a tear to get his team to the playoffs, I have it on last gen however but it's fun if you make it.
It's all good man. I got it for the PS Plus June Games and been loving it. Just wish my player's progression was a bit faster but it's all good (part of the growing process). Nice deal with the Cavs man. Hope they're paying you a decent salary/minutes on the court.

WanderingJester said:
It's all good man. I got it for the PS Plus June Games and been loving it. Just wish my player's progression was a bit faster but it's all good (part of the growing process). Nice deal with the Cavs man. Hope they're paying you a decent salary/minutes on the court.
Oh yeah definitely, I'm starting as shooting guard and attempting to break some of those big records to get into the Hall of Fame. I've also got my eyes on the all star game.

Reznor said:
Oh yeah definitely, I'm starting as shooting guard and attempting to break some of those big records to get into the Hall of Fame. I've also got my eyes on the all star game.
Alright I'll end it here before I end up going on a tangent off topic xD . Good show man. I'm just after them banners. Gonna fill the Chesapeake Bay Arena with a ton before I leave or get traded somewhere. I'll probably go after the Hall of Fame too though after my third.

WanderingJester said:
Alright I'll end it here before I end up going on a tangent off topic xD . Good show man. I'm just after them banners. Gonna fill the Chesapeake Bay Arena with a ton before I leave or get traded somewhere. I'll probably go after the Hall of Fame too though after my third.
Alright, take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back