Anime & Manga Any good animes?

BloodOrchid

When nothing goes right...go left.
<p>

Can anyone suggest some good anime that are kinda cute, longer than 20/24 episodes in length and dubbed? I like some action animes I like magical girl shows, cutesy shows, slice of life, and romance shows.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
@BloodOrchid

I'd suggest Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's a really cute magical girl anime, I'm sure you'll like it.

As Yato suggested, PMMM is trippy af, but nice.

It depends on what you're into. I'm currently following Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and Kiznaiver. I've heard Re:Zero is good. Those are all in progress right now.

Boku dake ga Inai Machi is a wonderful anime. It's a good mix of slice-of-life and thriller, about a man who gets thrown back in time when someone dies and he has to prevent it.

Ajin is good as well, though it is very gory, so stray away if you don't like blood. It's sort of a superhuman anime? Similar in concept to Elfen Lied if you ever saw that.

Noragami, and it's second season: Noragami Aragatou, are very good. Supernatural shenanigans.

Berserk: Golden Age is a wonderful movie series. There's four movies that are all amazing. There is a good deal of violence and some nudity, as well as the near-end scene of the final movie, which is really really messed up. So be warned.

Durarara is good as well.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is decent. It's a fantasy/medieval anime, but it's focused more on friendship and the bonds of the team than combat.

@Philostic

I forgot that my name wasn't Yato for a second there. I still have a month before I can change it back to Yato.

Update: Re:Zero is EXTREMELY fuckity and will make you question your life. But it's also very cute and decently funny.

I'm watching a bunch of stuff from this season! Most of them probably wont be longer then 24 episodes though.

Joker Game is about WW2 era spies in Japan

Twin-Star Exorcists is about two exorcists prodigies

Bungou Stray Dogs is about a detective agency that has supernatural powers

Assassination Classroom is about a group of kids who have to assassinate their super powered teacher

Kabaneri was explained above.

Mayoiga is about people who want to abandon society for various reasons seeking out a secluded village to live there.

Kiznaiver is about a group of friends who get bonded together to feel each others pain

Re:Zero is an amazing story about a kid who gets sent to a different world.

Boku No Hero Academia is about a school for super-heroes! SUPER CUTE!

Dragon Ball Super is another Dragon Ball series.. also very good.

I'd also like my anime list but I don't have that ability yet. Will update with that later =).

Tiger and Bunny

Spice and Wolf

Both of those are good animes that are fairly light-hearted and cute.

Black Butler is another great anime, though it is a bit darker. Tis a favorite of mine. Oh, and Soul Eater is cool.

I'd have to recommend The Devil is a Part-Timer and Ouran High School Host Club

Akame ga Kill is another wonderful anime, does a great job mixing action and comedy.

Joker Game is good. I guess I'd classify it as a thriller? It's about mind games and espionage.

Death Parade is an anime that will give you a bit to think on, and it offers a wonderful narrative.

Philostic said:
Akame ga Kill is another wonderful anime, does a great job mixing action and comedy.
Joker Game is good. I guess I'd classify it as a thriller? It's about mind games and espionage.

Death Parade is an anime that will give you a bit to think on, and it offers a wonderful narrative.
SAO is good on drama so really try it

FrostRaven said:
SAO is good on drama so really try it
I was trying to stray from it, because my opinions on SAO are, well... not the best. Kirito is an emotionless void that passes from one disposable female character to the next.

Let me just... [media]

[/media]

Philostic said:
I was trying to stray from it, because my opinions on SAO are, well... not the best. Kirito is an emotionless void that passes from one disposable female character to the next.
Let me just... [media]

[/media]
you just had to do that. i was just recommending it geez

Philostic said:
Let me just... [media]

[/media]
yup, looks like shit.

Maid Sama! is a really cute, slice of life one but it's only 26 episodes. You should try it. Really good stuff and funny too :)

[QUOTE="Starry Night]Maid Sama! is a really cute, slice of life one but it's only 26 episodes. You should try it. Really good stuff and funny too :)

[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for this! I'm not huge on shojo, but Kaichou wa Maid Sama! had me rolling laughing! I've even gone back an rewatched it, it's so good

I mostly do the Manga thing but you should try out Shakugan no Shana, it has action as well as cutesy spots as well. I believe that it has two seasons...if I am not spacing out here.

Haganai is another one that is pretty much just a school life take on kids that are thought of as the 'Ones that can not get friends.' At the moment it has two seasons but a third is on the way...eventually I believe.

Kampfer is a pretty good anime as well but sadly it only has one season with a few extra episodes tacked on in a fan service for the fans. It's an action/gender bending/cutesy take on what happens when a guy gets a band that turns him into a girl that can shoot fire from her hands when she is in danger pretty much.

If you have not Look up any Tenchi Muyo! series, there are a crap load and I do believe that the show is getting revived with a new breath of life eventually.

If you are into the whole guy with a good deal of girls that like him you should try out shuffle! as well, seeing as how he seems to have a good deal of girls that want him for some reason ot another. :7p Regardless it is a good anime and worthy of your time if you have not seen it yet, although the ending kinds annoyed me. :7x

My little monster

Wolf girl and black prince

Mamotte lollipop

Chibi vampire

Fruits basket

Tokoyo new new

Seven of seven

A little snow fairy named sugar

Midori days

I my me strawberry eggs

Air (really sad but amazing)

Ouran high school host club

Taruto

Sister princess

I am looking for good anime too ;-; I have seen DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Death Note, Fairy Tail, InuYasha, Tokyo Ghoul, Squid Girl, Tokyo Ghoul Root A, DBZ Super, AoT...I need haaalp and I am currently watching Mob Psycho 100

If you're ok checking out older anime, EscaFlowne and Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE are good ones. At least, I like them. 0-0

.:~@~:.

I'll give you a few anime films to check out.

• Redline
  • The Boy and the Beast
  • Akira
  • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  • Colorful
  • Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (Definitely recommend the series as well)

Most of the animes I love have already been recommended! So I guess I can just encourage you to watch them more!

There's Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Also known as ERASED), about a young man who has an ability he calls "Revival", where whenever he's nearby a place where something bad happens, he jumps back four-five minutes. It's like life ordering him to "fix this". I won't spoil anything, but it's a really good thriller/slice-of-life anime.

There's Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A, and I've heard that Tokyo Ghoul:re should be coming soon-ish? Anyways, it's about a young man named Ken Kaneki. He lives in a world where "monsters" called ghouls live among humans, and unfortunately, their diet is human flesh. Back to Ken Kaneki... the poor guy, while on a date, everything goes horribly wrong and he gets transformed into a half-human, half-ghoul. There's a lot more than that, but that's really the basis! It's a great anime filled with action, mystery, drama, and lots of other stuffed mixed in it.

The last one I absolutely LOVE that unfortunately nobody seems to hear of is called Nagi no Asukara. I love my romance and dramas mixed in with slice of life y'know~? So, long ago, all humans lived beneath the sea. However, some people preferred the surface and abandoned living underwater permanently. As a consequence, they were stripped of their god-given protection called "Ena" which allowed them to breathe underwater. Over time, the rift between the denizens of the sea and of the surface widened, although contact between the two peoples still existed. The story in the anime follows a group of friends named Hikari, Manaka, Chisaki, and Kaname, along with a boy named Tsumugu who lives on the surface where, after their school closes, are classmates with. Hikari and his friends' lives are bound to change as they have to deal with the deep-seated hatred and discrimination between the people of sea and of the surface, the storms in their personal lives, as well as an impending tempest which may spell doom for all who dwell on the surface. Now, I'll stop rambling. xD

Now one last thing! USAGI DROP.

It's an adorable show about a young man named Daikichi. When his grandfather suddenly passes away, he returns to the family home to pay his respects. Upon arriving at the house, he meets a young girl named Rin who, to Daikichi’s astonishment, is his grandfather's illegitimate daughter. The shy and unapproachable girl is an embarrassment to the family, and finds herself ostracized by her father's relatives, all of them refusing to take care of her in the wake of his death. Daikichi, angered by their coldness towards Rin, announces that he will take her in—despite the fact that he is a young, single man with no prior childcare experience.

Okay, I'm done. Sorry for such a long post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back