Opinion Antisocial or Asexual?

I’ve done research on psychopaths, which includes anti social behaviors. Psychologists don’t agree on anything universally, but here’s a brief definition of anti social personality.

This is a big accusation you’re making here. I hope you’re not suggesting one of our rpn members are manipulative snakes because they have no sexual desire.

Antisocial personality disorder is a mental condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting, or violating the rights of others. This behavior is often criminal

I'm not. But I've not correlated antisocial personality disorder with manipulative snakes or criminal activity either. I do apologize if it sounded as such.

I simply thought that having no sexual desire could be caused by having a condition known as antisocial personality disorder--which I read as it sounds. Disliking social activity/interactions. Sex is a social activity/interaction.

Last edited:
I'm not. But I've not correlated antisocial personality disorder with manipulative snakes or criminal activity either. I do apologize if it sounded as such.

I simply thought that having no sexual desire could be caused by having a condition known as antisocial personality disorder--which I read as it sounds. Disliking social activity/interactions. Sex is a social activity/interaction.
Antisocial disorder at least from a pasychologist’s perspective is someone who is manipulative. It’s not me insinuating that you’re calling the op a bad person. I’m merely showing you what they(psych) call antisocial disorder.

I know the colloquial definition. Emo kid that doesn’t like to go to school dances or socialize with other kids cuz he thinks everything is lame.

Which is fine. You are of the small minute minority and that’s a good thing. But on an individual level, even people who desire sex forego relationships and babies due to the change in life style and risks that are associated with being with another person. However this is my first encounter with someone who literally claims to have no sexual desire.

I thought this was an sjw thing

So it’s like commenting on a nice car? You see a good looking “insert car” and think wow, but have no compulsion to get one yourself?

That’s how you view a nice ass or a good pair of tits?
basiclly

Antisocial disorder at least from a pasychologist’s perspective is someone who is manipulative. It’s not me insinuating that you’re calling the op a bad person. I’m merely showing you what they(psych) call antisocial disorder.

I know the colloquial definition. Emo kid that doesn’t like to go to school dances or socialize with other kids cuz he thinks everything is lame.

Multiple definitions do make things difficult. What is one person's personlaity could easily be another's disorder. Manipulative sounds like a personality trait but it could (according to psychology) be an indication of a potentially dangerous personally disorder.

My opinion of personality disorders has always been that there's a scale for every one and that its only a disorder if it negatively impacts your life.

You probably mean asocial, not anti-social. It's p easy to get them confused since most people use anti-social as the default.

I knew some people with aspd for awhile, some of them were really sexual (which sometimes comes with disorders involving seeking immediate gratification and impulsiveness) and some of them just weren't interested. Personality disorders and other mental illnesses can influence someone's sexual desire, libido, or how often they act on it, but it doesn't determine someone's sexuality, and you can't generalize groups with such a wide variety of people in them.

I don't think QuirkyAngel was accusing Gunsmith of being a morally bad person or a criminal though, since he brought it up himself in the first post.

kibou kibou
I just googled asocial. Yes that was what I meant =P

True, Gunsmith's lack of sexual attraction could have a genetic/biological component. I simply meant to point out that social factors and personality can also play a part in how people identify themselves. Are there other factors involved? Probably. I didn't claim to be an expert in that field. Gunsmith asked for an opinion in his/her op and I gave it (granted he/she seems to have already settled the answer...) along with my reasoning (note the can and possibles). Gunsmith mentioned in his/her op as having shown many signs of ASPD. Are the two related? Not necessarily. But they can be. Nothing but speculation on my part, since there weren't many other clues to work with.

I also don't think having ASPD necessarily makes one a morally bad person or a criminal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back