• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Another Day in Paradise || Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Drunk and angry

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Lavender Not Meat Not Meat

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Rob Kyang
60 watts, brighter than my future
An empty 40, fuller than my life
Rob was nearly startled sober when someone jumped out of the darkness. He finally exhaled in relief when he recognized the petite shape of a rather tiny woman; a brunette, judging by what he could make out from the moonlight filtering in from a nearby window

The sudden bright beam from her flashlight afforded him a better view of the woman's face as she fussed with the device. She was quite cute, though he didn't have much time to admire her looks before the light seemed to die again, this time for good. Its owner cursed, fumbling around with her pockets, and Rob looked on in confusion until he heard the unmistakable click of a switchblade.

Rob did as he was told, taking a couple of steps back. His gaze quickly found the glint of the blade as confirmation that yes, she had in fact pulled a knife on him. “Whoa, whoa, whoa!” He quickly put his palms up in surrender, to show he meant her no harm. “I'm cool! I'm cool, okay?”

“The hell are you even doing in here?” The young man glanced around, confused, his condition only making it more difficult to assess the situation. Squinting into the darkness, as if he'd suddenly find some other people around. Maybe some friends of hers that were using this place as a party spot or something? Although the eerie silence made that scenario seem highly unlikely.

At a loss, his dark eyes finally landed back on her, the only other person in this empty, dilapidated old building. “Sorry,” Rob added sheepishly, his tone softening. The rusty wheels in his alcohol soaked brain finally beginning to turn. “You, like…live here or something?”

code by valen t.

scroll

The Toxic One

Dani

mood

Annoyed

outfit

Skylars Party

interactions

Alexei

Pure rage and anger.

Danielle couldn't believe the audacity of her ex to pull such a ridiculous stunt. The heavy emotions only rose when she heard his voice. Pouty. As if it were him that had looked like a fool in the situation. That's what he made her. A fool. Every step of the way he made her look like a fool. A fool when she sheepishly had to hide away her feelings, a fool when he pissed her off to the point of blowing up, and a fool when he flirted with other girls or made some sassy remark.

It was too much to take and yet he had the nerve to say he was the one who should be upset? Absolutely not. His stupid little frown just fuelled the fire. Smug. As if he had a point.

"Of course that's what I was going to do." She hissed, finishing off her drink. She set the glass down on the bartop just a little too harshly. "Why the fuck else would I be talking to rich sleazeballs?" Danielles eyes trailed over Alexei, her heart filling with confliction. How dare he show up looking so good? Why the hell was he dressed all nice for a party? Probably to impress whatever whore he had planned to spend the night with. One of the girls who worked under him more likely than not.

The very idea made the hair on the back of her neck rise. She pulled away from him, turning away and hailing the bartender again so she could get another drink. "Don't bother, Alexei. I already have an uber ordered." Her tone was laced with anger, bitterness that in the depths of her heart she wished she could mask. "I'm not an idiot, Alexei. I pre-plan this shit."

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Clergy

Lav

mood

Spooked

outfit

Abandoned building

interactions

Rob

Her gaze never waivered.

Staring him down as if he were a predator, Lavender held the handle of the switchblade tightly in her palm. She had never had to sue it before and hoped that she was able to hide away the way that her legs were shaking. Partially from adrenaline, partially from fear that she would have to actually defend herself.

However the man held his hands up, a sign of peace, and Lavender couldn't help but relax ever slightly. She was still spooked, of course, having not expected to be walked in on as she wandered an abandoned building. His question did bring the slightest of tugs at the corner of her mouth. Did she live there? No. Though that was the initial idea, likely not ever. This place was much too big of a dump for the Clergy to stay there. Too much work. Not enough rooms.

Still cautious, Lavender narrowed her eyes ever slightly, giving the man another once over before flipping her blade closed and taking a hesitant step backward. She was already planning her escape route. The slur of his voice exposed just how intoxicated he was. The blood on his lip showed just how weak. There was no doubt that Lavender would easily be able to slip past him if push came to shrug.

Though she didn't really feel like it would get to that.

"No." she replied curtly, chewing the inside of her cheek, "I suppose I could ask you the same questions, though. what are you doing here?" Such a backhanded way to answer and yet Lavender wasn't often too keen on sharing much of anything about her life. If she could avoid it, she would. "Did you follow me?"

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

Ice Queen

stassi.

mood

introspective and excited

outfit

home

interactions

Billie Benson

Anastasia had been through a lot in her life time. Most of it would seem to be from a spy fiction novel. She was an illegitimate child of a Russian noble, who had bed an Eritrean woman on his travels. Her mother was taken to Russia to give birth before she was murdered by her uncle. She was raised as legitimate heir, skin lightened with lighting products, hair straightened, and taking on figure skating since she was old enough to be fitted for skates. She excelled winning titles even at a young age before the leak about Stassi's truth birth origin came out. She was cast out, stripped of her title as heir, and sent to America to raised by the same uncle who murdered her mother. She was then replaced by a Ukranian adopted child as heir - but with the conflict against Ukraine boiling the last few years, that didn't last, especially when Stassi won her first gold medal.

Oh how quick was she given the title of heir back - oh how quick was she given more support to her already successful companies. Oh how quickly was she given more companies to run. It was all too surreal to be anything close to truth, yet here she was. She let her heart get broken by someone who couldn't even sniff her bra, and yet here she was.

Yet, this thing with Billie? It was different. It was refreshing, it was new. Her world started to make sense when she stared falling for Billie. Her eyes fixated upon Billie while she spoke, listening intently to what she had to say. Anatasia was a lot of things in her life. She fought drug addiction after her skating injury. She was elitist and probably a little too mean and cold, but still in her heart she was kind. It was in her charity work, in her financial assistance programs. She may not have been a good person and she never claimed to be, but she tried her best to not be the absolute worst.

And here was Billie. Kindness incarnate. She was everything Stassi could not be. She was sweet, gentle, and loving. She made friends with everyone and any one who was mean to her was just that. So Stassi would defend her with her last breath.

So it was an easy choice to say yes to being Billie's girlfriend, though it was hard for her to spit out the words, though when Billie kissed her again it made everything so easier,,
"Yes....yes I will be your girlfriend Billie. I will love you and commit to you with everything I have."

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

Sailor Moon

ari.

mood

Excited

outfit

beach

interactions

Hayden Bowman

tags

Imagine a relationship where the person treated you with respect, and didn't call you out of name even when they were mad and had a reason to. Ari hadn't experienced that before - Rob was her first real relationship and she thought because he was older he'd be more likely to treat her right. What a joke that was, but she couldn't deny that even through all the verbal abuse - she loved Rob. He was her first love and when things were good, they were really good. It was just that when things were bad? They were really bad and if she was being truthful, the bad outweighed the good.

Yet, with Hayden? She knew that wouldn't be the case. She knew relationships were never perfect, even with her own mother and father who loved each other dearly, she saw even healthy relationships weren't perfect. But while Rob dismissed her crystal and spiritual side, sometimes even insulting it, Hayden was here with her without question. She could tell he didn't understand or maybe just didn't believe, but yet he was indulging her. She loved that. The only time Rob ever did that was when he was trying to get back on her good side or to be manipulative.

But the band.....they were in a band together and they had been getting little gigs here and there. How could they be anything more than friends with Rob looking over their shoulder every practice, every gig. It was already tension between the two - this would make it thicker than frozen peanut butter.

"You were doing well, but you're easy to read."
she chuckled looking at him as she tilted her head to the side,
"If you liked the fire part, then you can always come with me for my fire rituals. Their the focus is the fire."

She smiled when he called her a great person and looked down to the ground rocking on the ball of her feet as the sand allowed. She sheepishly looked up to him, before leaning towards him and doing her best to get on her toes to reach and kissing his lips gently. She moved away and gazed down at the hole she dug, seeing the moonlight flicker on the water as it moved over those crystals.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

Work Hard

annie.

mood

Tired but happy

outfit

firestation

interactions

Brittany Avidan

tags

"I'm doing fine, just get us there quick!"
Annie was focused on doing everything she needed to do in a moving vehicle to keep this man alive. Every time he coded, each compression, and eventually intubating him. She did everything in her power to keep her alive. She knew that this was probably a stressful time for Brittany right now, but as much as she hurt with Bri, Colin was gone. Her only priority was saving this man's life that was in her care at the moment.

She grabbed her radio when she thought she had a moment to breathe,
" Main, this is ambo 65 I have a patient with crush syndrome experiencing extreme cardiac events, can you get Dr. Brinson to be ready? I know he's off, but we need the best or this man won't make it. Thanks main."

She looked at the man below her taking in a deep breath, praying that she'd be able to get Al to the hospital. He was the chief of cardio at such a young age for a reason, he could save him right? Or was she being too hopeful. Just get them to the hospital alive, that was all she was taught when she first started. She was taught that you get them there and then detach. It was the only way to survive this job, but she couldn't do that. Annie loved too hard and cared too much to just detach often checking in on patients after they have gotten them there.

When the ambulance stopped and the doors open she helped pull the gurney out and started barking out numbers and info about the guy to the receiving doctors, noticing Al wasn't among them, but still holding out hope that he would still make it. When they lifted him from their gurney to a hospital bed, Annie took a moment to remove her gloves, turn to Brittany and hug her tight, "
"I'm here babes."

♡coded by uxie♡

Al Brinson

He gritted his teeth when she responded to his admission of love. It was the whole "every time I call you, you tell me how I don't call you" vibe, but with the words of love. He had to literally bite his tongue to keep himself from saying something in response. Instead he cracked his neck and continued to focus on the road. He reached to the console to turn music on, but before he could his phone began to ring through the car.

As clear as day on the console it showed that it was a call from the hospital. He looked over to Clem hesitating for a moment, before clicking answer,"This is Dr. Brinson." He stated loudly enough to be heard before a voice came over the speakers.

Hey Al, it's Chua, I know you're off, but we have an incoming trauma with crush syndrome dealing with several cardiac events, crushed lungs, it's a mess in there and need you to come in.

He looked over to Clem again before taking in a deep breath and focusing back on the road,"I'm almost home Aaron, call the Cardio surgeon on call."

I know, that was my first instinct since I know you never get a break but....the request was from Annie.

Al took in a deep breath as he slowed the car down before exhaling the breath that he had just sucked in before shaking his head. An argument was unavoidable at this point, at least he could save a life, "Alright Chua, give me 20 minutes. Keep him alive for that long. Prepare OR 2 for me."

He turned the car around and began to drive towards the hospital not looking over to Clem, because he knew an argument was coming and he just really didn't want to have it. Yet, he couldn't lie. Getting in the OR and being away from her for a while would be nice at this point. It was supposed to be a good night, but she was doing everything but make that possible and he just wanted to get away from her. He didn't want to be at work - he wanted to get home, cuddle up with her, drink a beer and watch the replay of the college football games. Yet here he was, anticipating the argument to come about him taking on a surgery when he was supposed to be off and spending time with her.

playing...
Another one bites the dust

by Queen

Clem Not Meat Not Meat

º º code by ditto º º

BILLIE BENSON
Stassi's silence was setting off every nerve in Billie's body, as if every doubt her mind was having in asking this girl to be her girlfriend was taking a physical effect on Billie's body. She hoped she hadn't fucked this whole thing up, her friendship with Stassi was important to her. She was the one person who reassured her more against the mean people than anyone else. But then Stassi spoke and that weight was lifted. Every worry she had about freaking Stassi out, leaving.

"Really?" She asked, her eyes bright as she searched Stassi's face for any sign of her messing with Billie, and when there was none, Billie happily wrapped her arms around Stassi. "Oh my god this makes me so happy." She told her and sat up again to grab the wine glass off the table, "celebration then?" She teased and handed Stassi her glass, "if you ever doubt this... or us, please just let me know okay?" She asked, nervously biting her bottom lip, "I don't pick up on signals well." And she didn't, she never knew if she was annoying someone or making someone angry. She didn't want to do anything to push Stassi away.

She sipped from the glass, though it was mainly empty so she finished it off easily. When the glass was set back down she curled up to Stassi again. What would happen next? They spent so long as friends, and sure Billie had boyfriends before, but never a girlfriend. Did you treat girlfriends differently? Did dates work differently? Did Stassi want people to know? All these thoughts ran through Billie's mind. And she wanted to ask Stassi all of them, but the thought of annoying the girl scared her. She knew how Stassi didn't put up with much from others, but she had always treated Billie differently than them.

Now too giddy to sit still, Billie sat up again and looked at Stassi. She wanted to ask the questions but maybe she could do that later because all she wanted to do was kiss her, so Billie pressed her lips to Stassi's yet again and had no plans on stopping. She was just so happy.

Mentions: Stassi - AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
coded by kaninchen

MOOD: Perturbed

basics
MENTIONS:

Jennifer tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Sebastian Quinto
Don't think you're having all the fun
You know me, I hate everyone
It didn't take long for Jenny to start needling him about what he was doing at this party. Not that he could really complain; he had it coming after insisting so vehemently he wouldn't bother with such a “lame” event. Seb guzzled half his beer in one gulp, buying some time to conjure up a suitable answer, yet he could only heave his shoulders up in a lazy shrug after coming up short.

“Maybe I just came to see you,” He quipped flirtatiously, uncharacteristically emboldened by the liquid courage he was chugging. The comment delivered with the breezy air of a joke, even though it was far from one. Crystal blue eyes rimmed in a messy smudge of black liner, his gaze flickered briefly over Jenny’s dainty features, on the lookout for any sign of a less than favorable reaction.

It wasn't every day Seb got to hang with his favorite coworker on his downtime; in fact, this was a first. He was nervous, and while he was managing to appear fairly cool and collected, his sweaty palms told a different story. He needed to drink more to keep up the ruse though, so as soon as the pair downed the rest of their cups, he was ready to casually suggest they keep going.

“Race ya?” Seb gestured to the line of six shots between them, peeking over at her with a devious smirk. “Ready? Go!” He snickered at his abrupt commencement of the race to catch Jenny off guard, already grabbing for the first shot glass and slurping down its contents. His head start foiled by the second shot, however. The harsh burn of the alcohol had caught up with him, searing his throat and leaving him coughing relentlessly until he could finally choke down his third.

“Boo, no fair. You cheated,” The boy joked, still red-faced from the hacking fit that plagued him moments earlier. His face flushed deeper still, maybe from all the booze, or maybe it was Jenny's words, complimenting his looks for the occasion.

“Naah,” Seb looked away from her deep brown gaze, blushing. “You're the only one who looks good in that uniform,” He mumbled with a slight, nervous laugh.

“I mean, you obviously look way hotter in this,” He ventured a cautious glance back to Jenny, cracking a mischievous little half-smile. “Can I see it without the jacket?”

code by valen t.

Last edited:
mood :
pissy and drunk

outfit :
mentions :
ScarCisco

interactions :
Alex Not Meat Not Meat
Fallon
;; Kiera
Putting a pause on her rant, Kiera listened to Alex's pissy comment. "You wouldn't be surprised if things go wrong at some point? Real sweet of you Alex, hope they've asked you to speak at the wedding." She rolled her eyes, smiling slightly. Even though he didn't blow up or anything, he was still giving her something entertaining. The words fell out of his mouth in a bitter manner, clearly born of jealousy. What an insecure baby.

She gave a sarcastic little pout as he went off on his tangent, mockingly sympathizing with him. She really thought was he was saying was complete bullshit. Poor Scarlett? The woman was happier than Kiera had ever seen her before. Alex just went on and on, growing more insufferable with every second. Her attention faded for a second, briefly spacing out for a few seconds during his rant. She never had a great attention span when under the influence, and she was growing bored of the same old same old.

But, her complete focus snapped back to him once more when her name came up. Oh great, he was insulting her intelligence. Being belittled wasn't new for Kiera, after all she was known for her wild nature, not her brains, but it still pissed her off. When he finished speaking she let out a cold laugh and took a step closer. "At least this one has never raised a hand to her, yeah? I mean, is it really so hard for you to wrap your tiny little brain around the fact that she's happy without you? Kid or not, she loves him. It's time for you to fuck off, get your pecker out of her love life."
coded by reveriee.

MOOD: Relaxed

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Elena tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Jason Lowes
You were the last good thing about this part of town
“So what are we watching tonight?” Jason called out, head still buried in the refrigerator. He never received an answer, and when he finally spun around, he came face to face with his angry ex. With her arms folded, Elena stared in annoyance as he took a confused bite of his sandwich. Then curtly informed him that she had other plans with Lindsay tonight, and he needed to be on his way.

“Oh, big deal. So Lindsay's coming by. Again,” Jay didn't even try to hide his irritation at the idea as he breezed past Ellie to her living room, and dropped lazily onto the couch. “It's just Lindsay,” He added, as if he couldn't fathom why Ellie would be looking forward to alone time with her best friend. Sure, they were close, but Jay hadn't a clue of the secret attraction that had been building up between them.

“God!” Just as Jay was slouching back on the couch comfortably, a pillow whacked him over the head, wielded by a defiant Ellie. “What's with you??” The attack only made him break into peals of laughter though. Conveniently ignoring the fact that Ellie had already explained her stance about 50 times already, and was now resorting to violence to get her point across.

“Come ooon, it’s New Year’s,” Jay draped an arm around her as she plopped down beside him, now sulking in defeat. “Hang out with me,” He added, pulling her close to press a kiss to her temple.

Just for good measure, Jay flashed her the wounded puppy eyes he knew Elena couldn't resist. Well, that was always the case before, even after the whole cheating fiasco and messy breakup between them. Ellie was always the constant in his life, always there for him no matter how shitty life got. Even if she never actually agreed to take him back, she never fully turned her back on him either, despite all the shit he put her though.

Lately though, just hanging around her place didn't seem to be doing it for her anymore. Something in Ellie had shifted, and her patience with Jay seemed to be running out. Perhaps he needed to step up his game in the romance department, if he actually wanted to win her back for real.

code by valen t.

mood :
calm

outfit :
mentions :
n/a

interactions :
gwen Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Bahrami
;; Damian
Damian leaned into Gwen's kiss, but was careful not to overdo it. He could tell she was being careful with her fresh makeup. He did admire that about her, she was often strategic like that. "We can have more fun later. Make sure our New Year starts off well," he smiled as Gwen fussed with his shirt and jacket. The concern for his appearance was admirable. Looks were important to both of them, so having an extra eye to look out for a messed up lapel or a wrinkle on his shirt was useful.

Following her from the bathroom to the bedroom, he watched as she dropped her robe, and chuckled when she shot him a glance. "You're not making getting out of here without ravishing you any easier, my dear." He took a seat on one of the plush, luxurious chairs in the room, pulling his phone out of his pocket and checking emails as Gwen talked through what she'd planned for the night. He didn't say much, just nodding and agreeing from time to time. Damian was alright with following Gwen around tonight, all he had to do was make an appearance at this party since those involved with the show were encouraged to come, it didn't seem all that important to him.

He looked up from his phone once Gwen exited the closet, holding up a stunning little black dress. "You'd look perfect in anything, but that one suits you so well," He remarked with a twinkle in his eye. He watched her get dressed and stood up to help with the zipper. "Gorgeous," he smiled, turning her around to face him. "Are we ready to go? Bless this party with our presence?" He gently took her by the hand and exited the bedroom, headed down the grand stairs, and paused to grab the keys to his BMW. Sometimes for events he'd hire a driver, but he did like driving and since tonight felt more like a work engagement to him, he knew he wouldn't be drinking much even if everyone else was.

Going out to the garage, he stopped by the passenger side of the car first, opening the door for Gwen and allowing her to get in. Damian then made his way to the driver's seat and hopped in. After pulling out of the garage, he kept one hand on the wheel and extended the other to Gwen, resting it on the center console. "Thanks for spending your New Years with me, azizam."
coded by reveriee.

mood :
confused, a bit nervous

outfit :
mentions :
n/a

interactions :
xio Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Barber
;; Leo
Leo began to move for his drawer filled with miscellaneous junk food upon Xio's exclamation for snacks, but was stopped short when he felt her grab his arm. He seriously felt like he could faint. He froze for a second, in complete shock, before giving in to her pulling him closer and plopping down on the bed right next to her. "I- um- you-" he stammered, unable to think of what to say next. He'd never had a girl in his room before, much less the one he was hopelessly in love with.

But, Leo didn't have too much time to beat himself up over not having something smooth to say. His thoughts were interrupted by Xio commenting on him not drinking. He followed her gaze to the bottle he set on his desk. "Oh I just don't really do that a lot," he shrugged. But when Xio hopped up to grab the bottle and handed it to him, he couldn't help but smile a little as he took hold of the bottle. Looking into her eyes, he just couldn't resist.

Still, he was hesitant to take a sip. The thought of doing something completely stupid around Xio was unbearable. He took a whiff of the liquid in the bottle and scrunched up his nose a little. "I don't th-" Leo was cut off by Xio cupping his chin. He froze, eyes wide, skin reddening. He couldn't help but smile a little when she remarked on his cute face. "Oh, no not really. Yours is very cute though. It's a- you have a very nice face," he rambled, feeling his face grow hotter by the second.

Once she let his face go, he took a swig of the booze, not thinking much about it, cringing upon tasting it. "Oh ew," he muttered quietly. He was embarrassed to show his lack of experience with these things, but it was also clear that Xio was very drunk. Hopefully she wouldn't remember him being such a loser. He looked over at her for a few seconds, unsure of what to do. Maybe he should get her home? But he didn't know where she lived, and from the way she was acting now he doubted she'd help him figure that out. "You can, um- you can sleep here if you want. That way you don't have to worry about finding your way home. I have extra blankets, I'm good on the floor."
coded by reveriee.

MOOD: Relaxed

OUTFIT: Here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Alessa Not Meat Not Meat

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Kaz Milyukov
He's the one who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
Kaz smirked, watching Alexei make a beeline straight for his ex and slip his arms around her waist. Quite the awkward little scene was unfolding, but Kaz just turned away with an eye roll and soft chuckle to himself.

Sometimes, he just couldn't fathom why a girl like Danielle would put up with so much shit from his brother. From what Kaz could see, he didn't even seem to make her all that happy, at least not on a consistent basis. They seemed to be off more than on as of late. Was it really worth all the drama? Dani needed a guy that was far more relaxed, that didn't smother her like Alexei. Someone more like…well, himself, really.

Kaz decided to do a lap around the party, just people watching, and casually eyeing all the expensive merchandise that decorated this sprawling mansion of a home. A great place to stage a robbery, if only their security was a bit more lax.

Kaz strolled by the bar, nearly swayed into grabbing one more drink when something else caught his attention–a flash of powder blue hair. The sight of her made the corners of his lips curl into a grin despite himself. Sam's little sister has that effect on people, or perhaps it was just him. She was a bright and sunny girl, an innocent little fawn; her kind wasn't really the type he dealt with much on a day to day basis, which only made her more appealing to Kaz.

Alessa looked rather uneasy as she moved half-heartedly amongst the crowd of other dancers. It was then Kaz finally noticed the young guy trying to chat her up, and something about it annoyed him immensely. Maybe it was the discomfort broadcasted on her face, or the fact that he'd never really seen her interact with another man before, besides Sam. All Kaz knew was he wanted to put a stop to it, immediately.

“Lessa. This guy bothering you?” Striding over to the pair, he flashed an easy smile at Alessa, then the gangly kid standing across from her. “Hey. Kozel,” He leaned over to him slightly so he wouldn't have to shout, not even waiting for an answer from Alessa. “Why don't you get lost?” He continued, his friendly grin evolving into more of a sneer.

“She’s not interested.” Kaz gave the boy a light shove to his shoulder for good measure, just enough to push him aside and take his place before Alessa.

“Hello, Zaika.” Turning back to her after the kid finally slunk off, his mahogany brown gaze flickered over her. “You look beautiful,” Kaz remarked, gently taking Alessa by the hand and twirling her in a little circle to get the full impression of the pretty white dress fitted perfectly to her lithe figure. With a wolfish grin, he brought her dainty digits to his lips, pressing a princely kiss upon the back of her hand before letting it free of his grasp. “Glad I caught you before you went home.”

Amazingly, Kaz had never tried anything with Alessa before. It wasn't that he didn't find her attractive; quite the opposite, actually. This was his best friend's sister though. She was off limits. Kaz knew the guy long enough to appreciate how protective he was of guys sniffing around his little sister. But his good buddy was out of town right now, and fate had brought them both to this party together. What was really the harm in getting to know Alessa a little better while Sam was away?

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Excited

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Samantha tamarapasek tamarapasek

Alessa Not Meat Not Meat

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Scotty Ferrari
In the sheets, an ecchi guy
But in the streets, I be the senpai
Scotty was beaming at the friendly words from Alessa. It wasn't every day a cute girl told him she was actually happy to meet him. As they chatted though, his good mood started to dip. A sweet girl with hair like cotton candy? It only made his heart ache with longing for Sarah. Wishing she was there with him, or just being sprawled on his bed back in his dorm, chatting with her through DMs.

It was kinda pathetic, the way he'd happily trade a true and honest interaction with a real, live girl right in front of him for a handful of text messages from Sarah, but that's how down bad he was. Sarah was like a cute anime girl fantasy come to life, it was inevitable a nerdy weeb like Scotty would fall hard for her.

“Me and Jenny? We work together at–” Scotty answered, but before he could get all the words out, was interrupted by a large man staring him down with a menacing smile. “Oh, hey, I–” The boy scrambled to reply, but was easily shoved out of the way with one hand. Scotty stumbled backwards, frowning at his lack of agency in the situation, but what could he really do? Probably much safer to just walk away, lest he make this guy angry and get pounded to a pulp.

Scotty then found himself wandering once again through a sea of people, most of them even drunker and more rowdy since the last time he tried to fight his way through the crowd. The party was a bust so far, at least for him, and he couldn't even spot one other person he knew there.

Just then, his phone started buzzing in his pocket, and the incoming message brought a smile back to his face. A message from Samantha, his hot friend from coding class. Scotty loved annoying her, and she didn’t even seem to fully loathe his presence. In fact, she took it like a champ, teasing him right back. The meaner she was, the more he liked her, despite how intimated he was by her overall experience, profession, and scary boyfriend.

But she was asking him for a ride home right now. A hot stripper needed him for something, and Scotty wasn't about to let her down.

It took a bit of searching, but Scotty finally found her sitting in a corner, alone, seemingly…crying? The boy frowned on confusion, ill prepared for this turn of events, and plopped down beside her right on the floor. “You okay?” He asked, giving her ribs a gentle nudge with his elbow. “Is it Jesse?” He asked cautiously, and a tad awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck in thought. Perhaps it wasn't okay for him to ask such a prying question about her boyfriend.

“Is this cuz I’m the only one who would drive you home?” Scotty asked playfully. “We could still go back to my dorm, ya know. We don't even have to watch anime!” He joked, hoping to at least get a smile out of her.

“It is getting late,” He faked a yawn with an exaggerated stretch of his arms, allowing the one closest to Sam to slip subtly around her shoulders, snickering as he pulled this smooth move. “Wanna head out?” He asked, his cousin's borrowed car awaiting faithfully outside. The boy was eager for any alone time he could get with Sammy, even if it was just a 10-minute car ride.

code by valen t.

JMycBgs.gif

FEBRUARY 14th - Valentine's Day in Paradise, California
Love is in the air, hearts are breaking all across town, and there's a
speed dating event going on at Russki's Pub (just don't tell the owner.)

scroll

The DJ

Dani

mood

Neutral

outfit

Dani's Apartment

interactions

Alexei (mentioned)

Valentines Day.

A day supposed to represent love and relationships. Danielle wasn't too fond of the day itself, really. Just another hallmark holiday used to make people spend a shit ton of money in order to make their significant other believe that they loved them. To take cute photos and pretend as though the rest of the year everything else was hunky dory. It was a ruse. One that Danielle didn't often take part of. Any other year she would have made sure to be off running around, keeping busy. More often than not, though, getting dragged into doing whatever Alexei wanted to do.

At the beginning of their relationship, years ago now, Danielle was thrilled to receive the cute little gifts and spend the day cuddling and loving on Alexei. Now it just felt like a day that they both used to either repair what they had broken or to make it worse. She tried. She tried so hard to stay strong and keep him blocked, keep him out of her DMs and push him away.

At the end of the day though? Danielle couldn't help but feel like she was nothing without Alexei. It was stupid, useless, and weak of her to feel such a way and yet the moment she saw his goofy little face on the screen of her phone she couldn't help but smile. The moment that he commented on her post there was no stopping the flutter in her chest. There was no denying that Danielle loved Alexei. It didn't matter how badly she wanted to push those feelings aside, she loved him more than anything else in the world.

Yet she couldn't bring it in her to extend that olive branch. She couldn't help but feel conflicted. One half of her wanted to message him, to apologize for her reactions and tell him that she loved her, but the other half? The other half was stubborn and sure that her reactions were valid. She hated seeing the things he said to other girls. She hated that he wasn't the only person on his mind when he was always on hers. Even when she was in the thick of it with someone else Alexei was on her mind. The overwhelming sensation that she missed him taking over every time she laid on her back. Eyes closed as she pictured the man she loved with her instead.

Yet even though there was a part of her that hated what she did she couldn't stop. Between the freedom it gave her and the fear that something bad could happen to her if she did, Danielle knew that she was in it for the foreseeable future. Even though it threw a wrench in her relationship, even though in the depths of her soul she felt ashamed, Danielle put on a brave face. She convinced herself that she was living the dream and that everything would be okay. That she loved what she did. That she couldn't do anything else.

So she didn't call him. She didn't message him. Instead Danielle lounged on her couch, head rested on the armrest, music playing softly in the background as she scrolled through her memories of the years past, her heart hurting. She clicked off the screen and tossed her phone to the side, covering her eyes with the crook of her arm and she laid there, mentally reminding herself that this was for the best. That loving Alexei would only hurt them more. That she loved what she did. That she was better off alone.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Airhead

Sarah

mood

Excited

outfit

interactions

Scotty, Rowan (mentioned), Max (mentioned), Ezra (mentioned)

Her first Valentines Day in the new house.

Sarah couldn't be more excited. She had decorated the house with all kinds of different Valentines Day themed things from pink hearts to little pink balloons. Sparkles had always been a common theme in Sarah's house already but they were extra prevalent now. Almost every decoration glimmered and sparkled in the sun, reflecting onto the floor with dazzling little lights onto the pale grey floorboards of her livingroom. The pink decorative rug on the ground a mess of glitter that had fallen off the hanging decorations now caught in the plushness of it.

Sarah didn't have a care in the world, hopping and dancing to whatever random Aqua song she had playing through the speakers as she rummaged through a cabinet looking for where she had put her hair supplies so she could do Scottys hair. She had been excited for it for weeks. Ever since Scotty said yes to putting the pink streak in his hair she had been telling everyone and anyone that would listen.

The grey skirt she wore swished around her thighs as she swayed to the song, a genuine grin on her lips as she hummed along to the song. Eventually finding what she was looking for she practically skipped back to Scotty, a bounce in every movement she made. Sarah set the supplies down on the coffee table and turned on her heel to look at her friend, smiling wide, eyes glimmering.

"I'm so excited Scotty! You are going to love it I am so sure!" She squealed happily, her attention turning to her cat as he hopped down from the cat tree, successfully distracting her as she went over to pet him. She looked up at Scotty again, her smile never faltering. "It's going to be so fun, Scotty. We are going to match and then everyone that sees us will know because we are matching! It'll be sooo cute! And when we go to Comic Con I'll make sure that its the same colour as my wig and we can match then too! It'll be so pretty!" She rambled, picking up her cat and snuggling him close before setting him down and standing up, her skirt fluttering as she moved.

As she reached for her phone to turn off the music her gaze hit the single dark blue rose that sat on the countertop waiting for the next time she saw Rowan which she hoped would be soon. She hoped that the flower wouldn't die before she got to see him next. A new friend, one that sent butterflies to her stomach every single time she thought of him or spoke to him, a smile would creep on her lips even when she was upset.

Somehow he managed to make her feel things she had never felt before. Like she was going to puke but in a good way, her heart beating faster, her palms growing sweaty. It had become routine for her to see him almost every day at the coffee shop, welcoming him in with a smile and a glimmer in her eyes. The day he drove her home being the highlight of her week. There was something different about the way that she looked at him, almost as if every fragment of her soul was reaching for him. Any time she touched him her mind went into a tizzy. A girl who didn't typically become nervous suddenly feeling rushes of what she could only describe as the heebie jeebies although she didn't think it was a bad thing.

Ezra had said she liked him. that she crushed on him, though she wasn't sure why she would ever crush him. She wasn't sure why he would think that she would even be able to. Rowan was much taller than she was, much stronger by the looks of it, too. It was curious for her, the way that she felt. She liked him but it wasn't the same as the way she liked Scotty or Max. It wasn't the same as the way she loved her parents or her cat. It was different. A feeling that ran through her mind every time she closed her eyes. She didn't want it to go away, though. Sarah wanted to bottle those feelings up and keep them with her so she could feel them any time she was sad.

Sometimes. When it was late at night and the only company she had was her cat, Luma, she would let her mind wander to him. She wondered if maybe, just maybe, the way she felt about Rowan was the way that Sophie felt about Howl.

And she wondered if he felt the same way too.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Assistant

Bells

mood

Anxious

outfit

Coffee Shop

interactions

Barista, Paddy

Isabella was nervous.

It wasn't often that she went on dates. Not because she didn't get asked out on dates, of course. Isabella had been asked plenty of times but she had a general rule to stay away. Nothing within her wanted to repeat the mistakes of her past. She told herself that it was easier to just be on her own and honestly she didn't really mind. It gave her the freedom to focus on her work and studies so that one day she would be the best of the best.

Padric was something she never expected. A familiar face that bloomed into something that she couldn't quite comprehend. Why he wanted anything to do with her was beside her yet ever since the party on New Years she felt something change between them. No longer only interacting for work purposes, away from the office to have private talks. At first she tried to keep it solely on work, thinking that perhaps that he just wanted to pick her ear or wanted her to do a better job on the case they were working on together.

Try as she did, though, it ended up somewhere she wasn't prepared for. Smiles that she didn't typically share. DM's late at night despite the fact that she was working. His name popping up on her phone and bringing a smile that she didn't expect to her lips. She pushed those feelings away. There was no way that he felt the same way about her, why would he? After all they worked together in a way. Sure she didn't work in the police force but her boss gave her the freedom to take point on cases to lessen his workload, effectively throwing them together further and try as she did she couldn't help the light flush that rose to her cheeks any time he smiled.

It was terrifying.

Then came along the prospect of a date. Another thing she surely wasn't expecting. Coffee, yet she cleared her schedule anyway just to make sure. Stopping by the office to make sure that everything was in order for her boss before heading off to the coffee shop where she would meet him. He wasn't there. Relieved, she made her way to the till and ordered her drink. She gave the barista a polite smile as she waited for her drink to be made then off she went to sit at a table. No messages from him so she was sure that he was on his way. Perhaps something had held him up? No. No. As per usual, Isabella was early.

It was fine by her. Isabella took the opportunity to sip her coffee and listen to some music while she waited. Nodding her head softly to Sans Soliel by Alexisonfire, letting the music calm her. Likely not most peoples first choice for a relaxing song and yet it brought her an inner peace, it brought her back to her days in Chile as a little girl. Listening to the sounds of her father playing the guitar while she curled up beside the drumkit, sleepy eyes slowly drooping as he serenaded her into a peaceful sleep. Calming. Relaxing. Isabella closed her eyes, leaning against the back of her chair and let out a soft sigh.

Despite her nerves, this was Isabella's calm.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Chief

Clem

mood

Tired/Excited

outfit

The hospital

interactions

Alan

Clementine was excited.

The shift seemed to drag on. Just because it was Valentines Day didn't mean that people would stop getting sick or stop needing help. In her down time she relaxed, grabbing herself some water and updating files as she sipped from her water.

The reservations planned for later in the day helping her stay awake and focused. She didn't let herself focus on them too hard, though, instead keeping herself professional as she went through her days work. Occasionally seeing Alan in the halls as they both hurried off to wherever they were going. Not much time for them to chit chat and talk as they both kept quite busy.

Yet each time she saw him she couldn't help but smile.

For once they actually had plans. Plans that he had made for them, a nice dinner, a cuddle on the sofa as they watched a movie. Things that couples do in love, things that because they both had busy schedules they didn't get to do too often. The rare chance that he showed affection Clementine pounced, knowing that she likely wouldn't get it again.

Then again, Alan showed affection in much different ways than she did. One of the things she loved about him at first that turned sour as the years went on. She loved him but she wished he would give her just a little bit more.

This would change things, though. Clementine was certain about it. While they had dinner she planned to bring up the wedding. Calmly. No fight. Just a calm conversation about setting a date, nothing else. If he could at least give her that then at least she would have something else to look forward to. What girl didn't want to marry the love of her life?

As the shift went on and things started to slow, Clementine once again found herself sitting at her station sipping her water, going through charts, keeping her mind busy, watching things from the corner of her eye. She was ready just in case someone needed her but she was confident that she wouldn't be needed for at least a little longer.

If only she knew where Alan was. If only she could wander away and give him a peck on the cheek and tell him how excited she was to spend the night with him. A few more hours left in her shift but as she sat there she was more than ready to leave.

A nice break in between the chaos that came with her profession, Clementine found herself comfortable with going on a quick break. Coffee, because she knew that she would need it to get through the next few hours of her shift before going home and getting ready for her night with Al. A little bit of downtime in between. She wondered if she would be able to convince Alan to take a cat nap before their reservation... or if she could find him maybe have a quick cuddle before rushing off to see patients once again.

♡coded by uxie♡

GAEL WREN
Gael finally had a day where he wasn't being hounded by producers for new music, or performing at a venue, or attending an event that his manager insisted was important. His life was a whirlwind that he never would have expected it to be. He had come from nothing, went through everything, and now he was someone who was important. He had fans, he had his music put out there, and he had Tia. Granted, she was his little secret for now - by her request of course, but he had her and that's all he cared about because he had been falling for her for so long. But that's the trouble when you had feelings for your best friends ex.

So he had planned this Valentines Day special for them. He had cancelled all events and meetings for her, to make her happy. Sure it had taken a while, but that's how his life was. He was busy with no intentions of stopping. But he liked her - a lot. And he wanted to make time for her now. "Alright onto the plane." He said, a smile wide on his lips as he ushered Tia onto the private plane. Another perk of being famous. Hawaii was the destination he chose for them, and it was only a weekend trip but he had things planned that would make the most of their trip.

While on the plane, Gael mostly shared an earbud with Tia to show her some stuff he'd been working on, and they talked of course, a lot. But when they touched down he couldn't be more grateful. The Uber that was waiting for them took the pair to the Villa he had rented for the weekend. It was spacious but also cozy, which is the vibe he typically went for. He didn't like the cookie cutter places with the gray walls, but he still liked living in the lap of luxury. "Alright," he paused at the door and dropped their bags before scooping her into his arms, "where do we start?" He asked. There wouldn't be much time until the chef he hired would be there to cook their dinner, but he didn't mind for whatever she wanted to do. He was just happy to be with her.

Mentions: Tia ~ AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
Outfit
coded by kaninchen

LUXE MACCORMACK
The morning of work was beginning to weigh in on Luxe. One of the shelves at work had broken and all the archives dating from 1987-1996 had been scattered and mixed up, and the job of organizing it was beginning to make Luxe go cross eyed - it didn't help that her boss had specifically requested an article from 1990... So now she was stuck searching every paper until she found it. Luckily though, she had worked the night shift, so as 10 am approached she could feel the freedom of her shift ending coursing through her.

The only thing that didn't make the night so bleak, was the messages Cami was sending. Luxe was confused, not because she was making a friend now, but because Cami had been in the friend group that had completely destroyed Luxe's high school experience. She had spent years hating Cami and her friends, but Cami was different now - not that Cami partook in the bullying, but still. It was all just confusing because these feelings that Luxe was feeling were getting to her.

Their "friendship" had even gone as far as to go shopping together. Which would never be something Luxe would agree to go to with a regular schmegular person. Hell, she didn't leave her apartment unless it was to go to work. Padrick did all her shopping for her; groceries, essentials, etc. But talking to Cami was changing her and was slowly but surely changing her outlook on people and how they acted. Those girls in high school were still discovering themselves, following what their friends were doing, Luxe just happened to be the brunt end of them finding out who they were.

So when that clock hit ten, Luxe left work and wandered home to figure out what she should wear. Sure, the leggings and giant hoodie could work, but the heat building as the day went on was beginning to become unbearable. She would definitely need to change if she was going to spend the day walking through a mall. Plus, she felt like her skin was on fire from being around the papers all day. With the dust and the lack of moisture in the air she probably looked like a withered leaf - maybe even an old racoon with the bags under her eyes.

So after a quick shower, blow dry of her hair, a tiny touch of makeup, and now changed into shorts and a oversized T, Luxe was ready to figure out if these feelings for Cami were just as strong in person as they were over text. Quickly, she grabbed a redbull from the fridge and pulled out her phone to send the girl who was constantly on her mind a quick text to let her know she was ready.

Mentions: Cami - era era
coded by kaninchen

MOOD: concussed

OUTFIT: xxx

basics
MENTIONS:
Stassi AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

INT:

tags
TL;DR ...
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

It had now been four months, two weeks, and three days since Oliver had climbed out the kitchen window of his family's apartment, never to return... and in that time, no one in his family had reported him missing or attempted to find him.
At first, that was a relief. He didn't want to be found by them. At the time, running away had felt like a life-or-death decision.
Now, months later, it was beginning to feel like he had halved his minimal chance of surviving by doing this.

Oliver knew the morbid statistics he'd be up against when he made this choice... he was never one to pass up an opportunity to research. And for a while, at least, he tried to make it work despite the odds: he set himself up in a camping vehicle (that he most definitely stole) in the parking lot of an abandoned apartment complex on the outskirts of town. He started selling illegal stimulants, using the little money he raked in on food, maintaining a cell phone, and a gym membership so he had a place to shower at least, but he also tried to save a little, supposedly with the intent that he'd try to find an apartment and start a life farther from home. But even though he'd initially tried to be smart about it, circumstances kept pushing him into riskier and more hostile situations, forcing him to keep committing various felonies and making nefarious deals with the town's most wanted criminals just to stay afloat. But by far, what he had neglected the most in his plan was the inevitability that he would eventually get sick or injured.

As it was now, he wasn't really sure where he'd ended up.

The pavement beneath him was damp and cold, bits of broken concrete and gravel digging into his skin... he was pretty sure he was looking up at a lamppost, or maybe a telephone line... everything was fading in and out of focus, like spinning the wheel on a set of binoculars only to never find the right adjustment, only getting more and more blurry. He didn't remember falling, only waking up here. It probably hadn't been that long, had it?

Any attempts to move were cut short by feeling a blunt knife being driven into the back of his skull. Everything felt as though it were spinning counterclockwise, the ground beneath him rotating and tilting so as to make even sitting up impossible.

This wasn't where he'd initially been struck by a small car. He distinctly remembered walking away from the collision, even apologizing to the driver and refusing an ambulance. The pain didn't kick in until a few blocks away. How many, he didn't know: he no longer remembered what he was doing or where he'd been when it happened.

This wasn't where he wanted to die.
The pre-mortem anxiety had sunk in, further freezing him in place. There had to be something, anything, even the slightest chance to prolong his life. he managed to drag his phone from his pocket, fingers struggling to unlock the cracked screen. Just when he'd mentally resigned himself to calling emergency services and ending his brief battle for independence, a memory from a few weeks ago bled its way through the cracks of his broken brain.
Stassi.
Well, not Stassi herself; she was just a haughty and contemptuous local who he sort of knew only through sour Twitter exchanges. But she had a doctor friend, right? Or she said she had someone who could see him off the record, if he needed it...

He tried scrolling back through their message history only to find that he couldn't read anything: the words started to melt together and created a hazy nonsense alphabet that he couldn't understand. There was no choice but to start a new conversation, and pray he still knew how to write English, because it really felt like he'd forgotten...
Typing was a Herculean effort, but he managed to get out a barely-legible plea:

"cal your medckl prokfslmal./ hitby car"

code by valen t.

ZURI MILYUKOV
Zuri had never known such luxury until she met Jae. At first things had been subtle, the odd date, dinner, sex. But the more they hung out the more Zuri's feelings for Jae were developing. He truly was an amazing man, despite being a divorcee. He was sweet, attentive, and he took her all these places to spoil her. It was probably the most someone has ever done for her with the life she was born into.

Sure, her brothers treated her well enough. They spent their own lives protecting her against their father. But this attention from Jae was different, it felt better than any she had been given before. Which was why she immediately said yes to going on a little vacation with him. She didn't care where they went, as long as the place was warm and where they could swim.

The plane ride had been somewhat tiring, with an early wake up and sorta late touch down, but when they stepped into the sun after leaving the airport, she felt somewhat rejuvenated. "What're we doing first?" She looked up at him with a smile, excited to maybe go swimming or zip lining. Though maybe with the first day of their vacation they could chill because of the flight. So she remained giddy but silent as they made their way to the hotel so she could change into her bikini and cover up, "I think a pool day with drinks should be fun." She stated as she exited the bathroom, turning so he could tie the top part of her bikini.

Zuri was like a little ball of energy as they made their way out to the pool and it was almost immediate when they arrived that she took off her cover up and dove in. She cold water was refreshing against the warm sun, so she let herself float on her back for a moment before swimming to the edge to eye up Jae, "you coming in?"

Mentions: Jae ~ AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
coded by kaninchen

CLOVER JASPER
Clover was falling hard for this guy. Mick and her were such completely different people; he a cop who deals with dangerous situations every day, she a hippy chick who just chills in her van and works at a crystal shop. Her life was complete peace, his complete chaos. But she was falling for him, and he was probably the first person she ever really had feelings for. She thought about him constantly, even when he was sitting right next to her.

Which is why this Valentines date was making her so giddy. It was different and new, and in some ways made this thing going on with Mick more real. They met New Years, well, technically before that, and here they were - going on dates and hanging out and cuddling and kissing. Her feelings for him ran deeper than she would ever let on. But they were there and she kind of enjoyed the feeling of them being there.

Opening the back door, Clover checked herself out in the body sized mirror. The outfit she had chosen for this occasion was a little different than what she would normally go for. It was girly and romantic. The dress was long, showed a little cleavage, and had lots of lace. From what she could tell all those things were "valentines dayeqsue" in some peoples standards. Quickly, she took out the pins from their little swirls, so that he hair fell curly around her shoulders. It was almost time for Mick to pick her up, and her nerves began to run high though she was unsure why because they had seen each other almost every day since New Years Eve.

When the familiar car pulled up, a smile touched her lips and she quickly put Poppy in the van, making sure to leave every window open as well as turn on the electric AC, just to make sure the pup had enough air flow while she was gone. Poppy was a lazy dog, so Clover never usually had to worry about her while she was gone. When everything was set, she jogged over to Micks vehicle and climbed in, instantly leaning over to press her lips to his cheek, "you ready?"

Mentions: Mick ~ AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
coded by kaninchen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back