• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Anime-Inspired Fantasyverse

Pariah Stark

The Sad Reality
This idea started basically when I looked back on Dragon Ball Z. The new movie, Revival of F, and the completely new direction the series is going in really opened me up to the actual plotline of Dragon Ball Z and even Dragon Ball. Without the godlike destruction and insane power-levels Dragon Ball became known for, the series could easily be adapted into a roleplay, but I wanted to take it a step further. Anime such as Yu Yu Hakusho could fit into a reformatted Dragon Ball world, and I loved Yu Yu Hakusho. But, why stop at Yu Yu Hakusho? If one were to make a unifying structure for the afterlife and spiritual realms as well as energy, there's no reason that you couldn't adapt multiple anime to a single universe. Of course, this isn't just a fandom; this will be an entirely new universe. It will have fantasy and adventure elements. And, I'm looking for more than just interested people here.

There are so many possible anime and characters that could fit into this world. I'm looking for a few die-hard fans to work with me in creating this world. The afterlife and energy are basically where I will start, but I'm looking for people who might know an anime or might want to involve themselves in a toned down variation of a Fantasy-roleplay based off of anime. The first people to join in can help with the setting, initial plotline, initial characters, so on and so forth. We can even choose what anime to draw from, although I'm aiming for the original Dragon Ball and early Dragon Ball Z to inspire a lot of the world.

PM me, show some interest here if you like. But, don't bring nothing to the table. If you're just here to say "interested", then show some collaboration and help build. I've done these types of Interest Checks before. I've made roleplays for entire groups using their input from scratch. I'm looking to do that here, just with a little bit more structure than normal. Pitch me some ideas. I might setup votes. I might just choose the ideas I like best. PM me questions. I really want to make this happen, even if it's just with a handful of people, and maybe let it grow from there.

I want to make some of our favorite anime into a fantasy for us to explore. I want to plant a seed, and as George R. R. Martin has described, become a gardener. Let it grow, see where it leads, give it structure, but let it pave the way.

An important note is that there is actually a theme I'm looking to avoid. Worlds like Avatar: The Last Airbender, Naruto and possibly even Bleach to some degree are anime I want to avoid in particular. This is also not meant to be high tech, although there might be some room for that. This doesn't mean the rules cannot be bent, but it does mean I am looking to preserve a certain theme or atmosphere while we create. One of my favorite anime is Shinsekai Yori, but I'm not exactly for sure if I can fit elements of it into this world. There is somewhat an image I have for this world. An outline, really. I'm looking for like-minded people to help me color in the picture, explore some shades and hues and Hell maybe just overwrite some of that outline if you can convince me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back