• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Animal Crossing: The Next Generation! [Now Open!] [Animal OCs Only!]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Justin93Daniels

Half-Human, Half-Monster, Full-Swordsman.
latest

divider_line.png

• Animal Village... a tranquil paradise, hidden away from the rest of the world, in a secret corner of the world known only as "Hidden Valley". Very few humans ever entered the place... but it was discovered by some... and the last one, whose name vanished into obscurity, even became the mayor.

The mayor was ambitious, and strong-willed. Thanks to their leadership, Animal Village became a beautiful Town, where numerous villagers gathered through, and started their own lives, some even at quite an early age.

As time moved on, the villagers grew. Families were started, Schools were built, and friendships were formed, which would then grow into the next generation.

It even took up the new name... Animal Town. As one of the most popular towns to date, it became one of the greatest towns in Hidden Valley.

Eventually, though, the Mayor... once young and spry... overlooked the beautiful work from high atop the mountain that their home was built; their once strong, dark hair, now pure white, and fragile. Their youth has all but left their body. The wrinkles had covered their face, as they took a brief glance at the graveyard for the Temple of Gaia, which rested atop the very peak of the mountain. The graves bore the names of so many familiar faces... even the mayor that came before was buried there, who was already close to his time when the Mayor was nothing more than a mere child.

Finally, tragedy had stricken Animal Town, as their beloved Mayor, whose assistant was given the time off to be with her grandchildren, fell to the ground, their hand clutched to their chest. It didn't take long for the medical experts to rush them to the hospital... but deep down, they knew that it was already too late.

The year is now 2021 - fifty years after the Mayor's Funeral. With the last of the old inhabitants now long gone, Animal Town sunk into a state of Depression. The position for Mayor was no longer relevant, for none would dare take up such a burden willingly.

Now the last of the Old Generation that remains is the elderly Mail Clerk, named Pelly. Of all the inhabitants, she would likely be the closest to a leader, seeing how she knew everyone of three generations, at this point... but it would only be a matter of time, before Gaia claims her, as well.

Many of the current generation were forced to survive on their own, with the aid of their great grandparents' teachings... how to build a home, how to live... how to survive. Though they weren't informed of the Humans, so curiosity and, perhaps, even fear, would be expected at first glance, should one ever find their way into the Village.

And such is, in fact, the case... when the next human happened to stumble across the old, worn village, unconscious after a shipwreck.

When word came around that the "Human", as he called himself, was going to inherit the Mayor's old house, by orders of Lady Pelly, many of the locals were quite surprised, to say the least! Shortly following his arrival, a few more Animals from the bordering lands of "Hidden Valley" begin to arrive, as well, whether by curiosity of the rumors, or by mere coincidence.

Could there be hope for Animal Town to become the Grand Haven it once was, though? Or will it eventually become nothing more than a Ghost Town?

(( More will be updated in due time! Until then, feel free to get settled in, once your character(s) is(are) accepted! ))​

Last edited:

• Jason Walker.png

png-divider-lines-divider-line-png-2665.png

It's been a long morning for Animal Town's Resident Human... one could almost argue that it's been too long. From simply waking up and shaking himself out of bed, to doing the Morning Rituals like usual.

To his relief, the Old House was remodeled to include working Plumbing and Electricity, so it's not like he has to fetch a tub of water from the well outside his house, or boil it over an open flame.

He would've taken to shave his beard off entirely, but decided against it. After all, when the women of this town have more Facial Hair than he does, it almost encourages him to compensate for it, by keeping a steady trim.

And so, he simply runs a trimmer over his face, before gussying up in the mirror.

His long brown hair is neatly parted to the center, and his dark bluish green eyes reflect from the dim light of his bathroom.

He looks up at the light fixture and groans, mumbling to himself, "Gonna need to replace that at some point..."

Finally, he reaches to the towel, drying himself off completely, before exiting the Bathroom, and into the Hallway of his fairly comfortable house.

While it's two stories high, it is by no means, a Mansion. Perhaps somewhere in the "Middle Class" area, if anything.

Though he feels comfortable inside, he also feels a bit disappointed. All of this beauty... and yet, he knows that it was all given to him by a kind Pelican... the same one that helped get him acquainted with those that helped save his life two weeks ago.

He gently rubs the back of his head, where a slight migraine can be felt. His memories of what had happened are nothing more than a blur, at this point. All he could recall was that there was a shipwreck, he was on it, and only he survived. Beyond that, however? Nothing...

If anything, he can't even remember his own family back home, and the only bit of his name he could remember was his First Name... but then again, it seemed that the locals here aren't that into "Last Names", anyways.

A yawn escaping his mouth is enough to catch him from his thoughts. Rubbing his eyes gently, he walks into the Kitchen, and pulls out a small can of Soda, and a plate of leftover Roasted Salmon.

When breakfast is done, he just barely puts the plate in the sink when a knocking at his door catches his attention.

"It's open!" he calls out, before the door creaks open.

"I hope I'm not interrupting, Dearie! But I wanted to check up on our newest resident, and see how you were doing!" came the all-too-familiar voice of the elderly Pelican that helped bless him with this house. She would be wearing her usual Pink Frilly Dress, and sitting in her Worn Wheelchair.

She looks up at him and smiles in her usual bright demeanor. "Mind if I come in, Mr. Justin?"

He quickly rushes to the door and gives her a respectable bow. "Lady Pelly! N-no, you aren't interrupting me at all! Please, come in! Make yourself at home!" He would then rush over to her, and grab the handles of her wheelchair, then assist her inside, much to her appreciation.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about me, Dearie... these wings used to flap all the time! Why, I'd occasionally help Pete with his deliveries from time to time, or visit my sister, Phyllis, all the way across town!" she begins to go on yet another one of her long stories, and Justin would respectfully listen to her, even if he doesn't catch about half of what she says occasionally.

"... and that's why... heh... sorry 'bout that, Dearie!" she blushes slightly, before rubbing a wing over the back of her scalp. "Honestly, I'm startin' to sound like my old friend, Blathers, now. Though I bet he'd have loved to speak to you, by how ya haven't said anything!"

Justin shrugs his shoulders, before replying, "Well, what can I say? I think it's quite interesting hearing what you have to say about back then, y'know? Like, how the old Mayor singlehandedly filled a Museum up with Dinosaur Fossils, and other things!"

She nods her head and smiles slyly at him. "Yep... an' he had a horrible fear for bugs! Why, I laughed so hard when the Mayor brought 'em those bees! He liked to have jumped outta his feathers, then!"

The two share a laugh, before Justin stands from his seat. "Well, I suppose there's enough daylight for a quick stroll around the town?"

Pelly nods her head in agreement, looking up at the clock on the wall. "Yeah... suppose it is that time again... mind if we stop by the Graveyard, first?"

Justin gives her a thumbs-up, replying, "Of course... I wouldn't mind paying my respects to those that came before, as well."

And so, after he cleans off the table, Justin helps wheel Pelly out of the house, making sure to lock the door behind him. Then, while minding the hills of the landscape, he wheels her on the Cobblestone Path up North, to where the Temple of Gaia lies. Surrounding the Temple, would be several marked graves, most with the respective Names, Species, and Ages of the villagers.

The first would be several graves shaped like Raccoons.
    Tom Nook, Age 76
    Timmy, Age 57
    Tommy, Age 60

The next would be a pair of Owl-Shaped Graves.
    Blathers, Age 87
    Celeste, Age 82

Further beyond that would be three Porcupine Graves.
    Mable Able, Age 72
    Sable Able, Age 74
    Labelle Able, Age 75

There would be a few other various graves, each of varying shapes, ranging from Cats to Dogs, Horses to Deer, a few Frogs, Toads, and a Tortoise who looked like he could've been a pirate at some point in his life... as well as a few more. But the one that they stopped at, however, was a row of three graves shaped like Pelicans.
    Phyllis, Age 78
    Pete, Age 74
    Pelly, Age _ _

"Looks like they already have the grave set for her... just gotta do what I can to make sure her final moments are happy." Justin would silently think to himself, before they begin the usual routine of watering the flowers with the pitchers left over by the Shrine's Statue. Oddly enough, when Justin looks up at it, he could see that she greatly resembles a Human, but with wings. Gaia, as they call her... better known as "Mother Nature", the Spirit of Life in this strange town.

From below the mountainous region of the Temple, some of the Villagers around the Central Area would probably be able to look up and see the two doing what they can to keep the Sacred Landscape beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back