• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Andromeda (Changing to Futuristic)

demdo_demi

Back for more!
EDIT: What was originally intended to be a Multifandom roleplay where random bizarre characters are sent to a very lore-based galaxy is now being changed. Feel free to read below, though most of it will be changed/removed/updated. There's more on the finished product in the comment section as well.

___

Note: No, this is not in anyway based off of the game.

Andromeda1.png
Andromeda.​
No, not the game.
A galaxy, while far from the Milky Way, is the closest to us compared to the other galaxies. Within the galaxy of Andromeda, you would find yourself in four quadrants…
But the other three aren’t important, so let’s skip this dramatic monologue.
The first and only quadrant you should worry about is Yapliuthea. That’s a mouth full, though that’s one mouth full you’re going to have to live with, or…in. Yapliuthea is just like every other quadrant; it’s got its far share of bizarre planets and people, and it’s been through a Galactic Civil War Era at least once. So without further notice, here’s a rundown of the places you’ll be visiting:

Three planets; One moon.
Just kidding, there's more to it than that.
(There's tl;dr notes at the end of each Planet description in case you don't want to read the full thing but want to get to the point.)

___
Jestruhiri.png

Jestruhiri, also known as “The Red Planet” by nearby planets, is located in the Yapliuthea Quadrant of Andromeda. All of its terrain is of a rare ruby red rock material called Hiri. It is nearly invincible and can be converted into liquidized metal proven to be indestructible if harnessed correctly. Hiri's potential power has led to numerous wars over it, and the peaceful civilization that once lived on the surface are gone to ash in this current day. All warlords and armies across Andromeda seek liquidized Hiri for their artiliary to rule the galaxy, though the only problem is: the scientist who discovered the formula to liquidized Hiri, Giacchino Lo, was assassinated before revealing the formula by an unknown force. The unknown force has been rumored to be the Hydes (Ninjas, basically: More on them later), though there was never any further confirmation from the Hydes or the ones who rumored this information.

Many federations utilize Hiri, though they still have yet to find out how to create liquidized Hiri. Of course, they tried to literally liquidize Hiri, though scientists close to the deceased discoverer have said that there was more to the Lo’s formula than one simple instruction. Unfortunately, Lo’s friends never got to find out the formula either. Alas, some have given up on the search for the formula, saying “after 50 years of wasting your life over a formula, you begin to realize how idiotic it truly is.”

(tl;dr - Red planet with rock surface called Hiri. Hiri is nearly indestructible, though a special kind of Hiri IS indestructible, and no one has been able to find out how to make it. The planet’s basically a red wasteland due to the wars large armies faced just for the material.)
___
Biacarro.png
Biacarro, a corrupt world with a corrupt government ruling over it. It’s a shame that such an innocent and beautiful moon like Truelara must be so close to this filthy planet of scum and villainy. Biacarro’s capital shares the same name, and thus due to such, when the planet is brought up, the capital’s actions reflect upon the entire planet’s actions. To the vast majority of beings in the galaxy, Biacarro is just a planet full to the brim of vengeance and evil, though to a small percentage of people who have actually visited the planet Biacarro, the planet itself isn’t terrible, it’s just the capital.

Unfortunately, everybody comes to the capital of Biacarro, leaving the rest of the planet in lonesome, and even fear of the capital taking over the rest of the colonies. The Capital of Biacarro is led by a Dictator; Beran Volvol Reff, who shows no pity for the residents of Biacarro. Why he hasn’t colonized the rest of Biacarro is beyond all of us, though he may have a plan up his sleeve..

(tl;dr Dictator-ruled planet. Innocent colonies across the planet, but capital is evil.)
___
Truelara.png

Truelara, the peaceful moon of Biacarro. Both Truelara and Biacarro are always set at midnight, as there is no sun close enough to support life for the two, though both planet and moon have an illogical burning core, despite the lack of a sun.

There is no capital of Truelara, or any large groups of civilizations: Only space ports and small facilities. Remember the Hydes? Jekylls, a species of tall gray elves, inherit the surname as Hyde and are raised by their predecessors as “heroic assassins”, as they call themselves. While Hydes are associated with Jekylls, few people of various other species have proven themselves to the Jekylls and were given the honor to live beside the Hydes and become a Hyde themselves. (Therefore replacing their old lastnames)

Hydes mostly reside on their homeworld of Truelara and protect it from invaders, though there are three types of Hydes off their moon. These three types include the Protectors of Jestruhiri (Reason why the Hydes are believed to be the suspects of Giacchino Lo’s murder), Representatives of Truelara (An off world legion of Hydes that represent their moon and whatever political input they have for the Republic), and the banished (Those who betrayed the code of the Hyde.)

(tl;dr Moon of Dictator planet. Really peaceful and quiet. Main specimen of the moon are raised to be assassins called Hyde. Few others not from the moon have been given the honor to be a Hyde. Hyde mostly stay on the moon, though a small group stays on the red planet, another on the planet listed below, and the last are just banished.)
___
PriliaK8F.png

Prilia K-8F, furthest away from Jestruhiri and Biacarro is the Republic Homeworld of Andromeda. Species from across the galaxy live together in this bright city-invested planet. While the entire planet is surrounded by cities and space stations off the surface, there are many nature preserves across the surface.

Prilia K-8F’s Capital, Jok, is a metropolis bizarre. Every street is full of civilians, tourists from across Andromeda, and at least two guards to ensure no fights break out. The industries care for the opinion of the people, and as a Republic, all political decisions are made by the people.

(tl;dr It’s just goddamn Coruscant from Star Wars. I’m not even going to lie. It’s the political city planet.)
___

So after all of this background information, where do you fit in on all this?
Exactly one year ago, when trying to develop a functioning time machine and teleporter, a fracture in the space-time continuum occurred, creating various ripples across the multiverse and sending beings from all sorts of worlds and dimensions onto these four locations or near them. Luckily, you were sent on the surfaces, whereas many people were just randomly shot through a ripple and suffocated in space a couple of miles away from the atmosphere.
So yeah.
Be glad you landed in-atmosphere.

You are a person taken from another collective universe, forced to live in this new galaxy of Andromeda.

To shorten it even more,

Enjoy your stay, because you’re never leaving.
Unless you ask politely.

___

The main point of this Role-play is pretty simple. You are a person from another multiverse, whether it be something small like Snoopy from the Peanuts, or someone like Galactus from Marvel Comics (Please don’t though), and you are trying to comp in this new galaxy/new universe. Although there is a Milky Way that exists in this universe, I ensure you it is not your character’s Milky Way, unless they come from THIS universe and are sent to Andromeda (Which reminds me of a story prompt I had a few years back, so by all means, you can make a character like that.)

Right, characters.
You are allowed to have three types of characters;
Fandom characters; Spider-Man, Joker, Garfield, Sad Affleck, etc. (You get the gist of it.)
OC characters; Pretty simple. Characters you created who aren’t from this universe.
“Andromeda” characters; Characters who reside from this universe.

For the beginning of the roleplay, you are allowed to create 3 Fandom/OC characters and 3 Andromeda characters. Fandom/OC will increase overtime, but the Andromeda character limit is set in stone.

Also, I’ve got a Discord chat server ready with anyone who’s interested with their names on it. The server isn’t for the actual roleplay, but rather normal chat and roleplay discussion. I’m not into voice chat (I personally leave that for people I know and gaming, no offense)

So, uh, yeah. That’s the whole Andromeda mess I have written. Hope…hope you’re into this sorta shit.

Niles Vanish

Edit: This is just a preview. Actual locations on the planets, pre-made species, & factions will be added on the final project. Consider this a demo reel.

Last edited:
I think you should add "(Mulitfandom)" or something to the title so that people don't confuse this with Mass Effect.

I'm gonna put this thread on my watch list. Good luck getting people interested!

Bumpin' this myself.
Really appreciate it.

After working so much time on the lore and such, I'm thinking of changing this into Futuristic rather Multifandom. The idea was cool and all with random characters in a very lore-focused story, though with the amount of effort I've put into planets, aliens, factions, etc. I feel like I could benefit from this more if it were in the Futuristic category.

Cool. Methinks I like your style, and I have a techpriest or so in mind for this.

Following the whole genre change and removal of multifandom options, here's a little update on the Roleplay creation progress. There's more that's done, but they aren't "neatly-stacked" like these are (mind the ships image, which is literally just a cutdown screenshot of a PowerPoint slide)

1) Changed the name. Andromeda was a bit plain to me, and the Roleplay will be based heavily on lore and story progression. Looking for a near movie-like experience with this. Player limit max is 9 people, and yeah. I hope you guys consider using these aliens; uncolored images mean their color is all up to you, and you can expand more on the aliens themselves (except Jekylls of course, since they're already fleshed out, though by all means, you can be one.) Of course, you can create your own alien as well, though just make sure to keep it original (no Twi'leks or Gungans plox)

2) Starfighters and Space battles will also be focused on when necessary. So I'm considering adding an optional ship category on the Character Sheet incase nobody else has one.

3) Hidden Gem: Conquest Over Jestruhiri
Coming to theaters near you...

(Sorry if some images are blurry, also don't you hate it when you notice the spelling errors AFTER it's complete and submitted? *Probably be fixed when the actual Roleplay is released. Probably.)

Prologue.png Ships.png Species.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back