• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy (Andraus X Robyn Banks)

"Mhm. I took your fathers lessons very seriously. If I am to be a King, I must be expected to lay my life down for my people. Your father made me the man I am today. " Troy said, as he would mount a horse, borrowed from the stables, before following after. "Though I am sure your skill has improved since then, you never did like to be left behind. Let us go my friend. " Troy said, as they began going through the woods.

On the way through, Troy would tell James bits and pieces about Minas Toth. He knew he wouldn't glean anything from him unless Troy made it seem like nothing had changed, so he had to be careful about how forward he was with the info. "...Besides the House of Exiles, the people that help me rule is the House of Judgement. Though they may not be the most well armed house, they are dangerous in their own right. " He said, shifting himself on his horse. "People outside my kingdom have a saying- House Wolves, attack. House Kings, plot. House Scar, plan. House Exiles, circle. House Judgement...wait."Troy said.

Troy would dismount, and look around. "The Eight Houses of My Kingdom swear their Loyalty to me. With them at my side, we grew from cast-offs to an Exalted Kingdom. We have much to be proud of, but we cannot grow complacent- There is more work to be done. " Troy said. He knew he had to entice James somehow to follow up with this, so he let one secret loose. Just one. " There is something old in Minas Toth.....Secrets that the House of Winter guards, with ferocity of wolves. One day, I will show it to you." He said, as he heard a howl in the distance.

"Good game nearby....stand ready."

Spacing Out Spacing Out

"I would like to think that my hunting skills have increase, so help me old gods if they haven't." James replied mounting horse. They rode into the woods together side by side. The nature of the scenery was rather soothing to him.

James listened eagerly as his dear friend told him a few things about Minas Toth.
it seemed to be an intriguing place to visit as it was quite different from Alamar. "I would be honored to see it, My lord." He said dismounting his horse. He didn't find the information important enough to be report to his superior, though it was something that made his curiosity increase tremendously.

He dismounted his horse not the long after hearing the howl. He figured it to be a predator, concluding that he'll require an sharper eye .James prepped his bow and placed it in front of him, his right hand withdrew an arrow. "I will let you get the first shot." He remarked.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Chattering steadily increased as Amaris approached the group of nobles. She recently persuaded her mother to spread some 'insightful' gossip thoughout the kingdom. She was sure that it could eventually be of use to her as the method has been effective in past experiences.

The room fell silent as they began to notice her presence. bowing before their princess, they gave her greetings, amongst them was Francis. "If you don't mind, I would like to speak to Lord Francis, Privately." She informed them. The noble nodded prior to excusing himself. Francis followed her through the empty corridors. "Is there something you request of me, Amaris?"He asked curiously.

"Yes, I want the supplies that we need for the departure as well as 500 soldiers in a discreet manner. I don't want Any foriegn ambassadors knowing about what we plan to do."

"500 men? I thought King Troy was using solely his own men for the upcoming battles? Their majesties seemed rather pleased with this offer."

"He has told me repeatedly that doesn't trust me. Why should I walk into this blindly? If he decides to betray his side of the deal or if a better offer is given to Xerith, what would I be able to do without defenses of my own? I would be putting myself at the edge of a cliff, waiting for Troy to push me off if I've done that."

"Very well. I will do as you command as well as packing a few things of my own."

She paused for a moment. "On the contrary, You will remain here until my mother and father tell you otherwise." Francis looked at her stunned, it was uncommon for him not to assist Amaris in her endeavors. "Your grace, I am not sure what you mean."

"Franc-"

"I am one of your most trusted advisors, I have been there from the start and now you-"

"Francis!" She raised her voice to silence him. "You being on this mission could jeopadize and interfere with what I have planned. It would be best if you stayed. " it was clear to her that Francis was apalled by this, he moved closer to her. "Is it because of our affair? Some nobles have started to become suspicious but that has nothing to do wit-"

"Francis, there is no dalliance, not anymore from here on out."

"You don't mean that. I know you don't. You can't tell me that you don't feel anything for me."

She scoffed. "I can because that little thought in your mind that causes you to think I have some sort of compassion towards you is false. you're a toy, that's all you are. Something that I use for the time being until I grow tired of it."

"He told you something, didn't he?"

"...He's considering taking my hand in marriage if this all goes well and I am not a fool to turn it down, if the question does come up...You are bethrothed to a wealthy, beautiful woman already, Francis. Don't try to ruin it with unholy unions."

"I can reject the union between me and her, If it needs to exculate I can make her go away just like an accident."

She couldn't help but chuckle at his persistence, how naive he truly was, she found it rather astonishing. "The fact that you would go to such high lengths is impressive yet idiotic at the same time. Even if it did come down to killing her off, you would still gain nothing. Though you have wealth, land, a title. Troy can give me kingdoms, more stability, increase my power. I have to think about best for Xerith."

"Or what's best for you."

"There are all one in the same these days."

"Do you think he will still consider an arrangement when he finds out what's inside of you?"

"I won't need to worry about that, especially because he'll never find out...You may leave."

Francis stormed off without another word. She knew that he wouldn't tell anyone about what just occured or anything before. He wasn't the type that would. Amaris leaned against the wall and sighed. What a perfect liar she was, covering her emotions up as if they wasn't there. she felt as if she couldn't breathe. She would try her best to hide but Francis was right. A lot of things would try if Troy found out what she truly possessed. Amaris adjusted herself, removing the thought from her head, concluding that pondering the idea would do more harm than good. She then continued onto her original route. Unfortunately, There was more work to be done.
Andraus Andraus

Last edited:
A being would approach the throne room, and Amaris could see the symbol of House Rain on their armor. Upon entering, It was (as expected) immediately surrounded by the royal guard. The figure would look towards the Queen and King (as well as the princes if present) and....kneel down on one knee, bowing before them. "My Lord, My Lady.....I am Sindisia, of House Rain. We have foreseen the Alliance between My King and your Kingdom...in effort to maintain good spirit, I offer my skills as a Soothsayer, for the continued mutual prosperity." The figure spoke, in a clearly feminine tone.

It was odd to see someone so heavily dressed in weather like this, but Amaris would see something on the Oracle's clothing- A tribal fetish. Was she tribal in origin? It was possible. This also brought up what was mentioned before- House Rain were known to be very secretive, so if information was what any of them would be after, and if their claim that they could tell the future was true, she'd be the best source readily available. Her face wasn't visible, just like the rest of her body, The thing visible was only two glowing eyes with white Iris's.

~~~~~~

Troy would approach the clearing carefully, and saw that there were a small group of wargs, massive bestial wolves. The odd thing was, however, there was also a group of orc's nearby. Troy would narrow his eyes. "What are Orcs doing this close to the Capitol? I thought they said this place was safe..." He whispered to James. He would then keep his distance, hoping to hear in on the conversation.

"Remember the plan- We move to the roads, start bleeding Xerith and Alamar of it's goods. Once we start hurting the alliance between them, we get paid."

"Are you sure Slewoth will hold it's end of the bargain?"

"They better, or the rest of the tribe will be after them for revenge."

"Shut up, we can't risk being spotted! Feed the Wargs, then get right back on the move."

Troy would glare at this, but in the back of his mind, this was perfect- How else to cement himself in Alamar's and Xerith's good fortune, then by saving them their coin and supplies. Troy would look over towards James. "Seems we'll be fighting together anyways, my friend....Here's the plan- Get to the tree, and start laying down fire with some fire arrows. It will frighten the Wargs. I'll deal with the Orcs." He said, as his bow Materialized in his hand.

Now was a time for blood.

Spacing Out Spacing Out

Amaris entered the throne room, her formal bow was not needed in her opinion, at least not now. Her brothers were no sight whilst her dear parents sat beside eachother on the throne. "Your majesties, I would like to request your assistance on creating a diversion for slewoth. I am opting a plan on how to enable the troops to enter the land stealthily, however, I would like to use as much precautions as needed. Setting the potentate, Azrael, in disarray will give is an advantage."

Queen nodded. "This seems to be in my expertise, I'll see what my ladies and I can do."

"That's all I ask."

The King and Queen gazed upon the being as she entered. This day was more eventful than they had planned moreover, various surprises that still put them unease. Robert gave a flick of his wrist as a sign to his royal guards to disarm themselves. The lord and lady looked at eachother for a moment as the woman spoke. Her attire was peculiar as as her request, it wasn't everyday an oracle offers their abilities to a forgen land.

Amaris eyes wondered the mysterious being, the symbol stroke out to her the most. It was a tribal symbol no doubt but it's exact origin was oblivious to her. Was Troy aware of what Sinisdia was doing? She would be surprised if he didn't. Perhaps, he was using this as another way to gain the upper hand, gain information about house le Fay. The Soothsayer was from House Rain, secrets were their pomme de nom. The more secrets they had, the more of a threat they could be.

"Give me a phophecy then." Amaris declared, approaching the being. Her eyes not leaving the glowing white hues in front of her.

"Amaris please. This is of good fortune that she has considered helping us." The queen said with a harsh tone as if warning her daughter to settle down.

"Well, we have to know if she is a true Seer or one of those gypsy hand readers on the streets. Give us a divine vision from the gods, I urge you to." She prompted, her face filled with false amusement.

----------------------------------------------------------
James eyed the bestial wolves as he raised his weapon, Already considering mounting it to his wall as a trophy. The thought ceased when Troy brought up the fact that orcs was along side them. It was uncommon to see such a species this close to the palace, let alone the capital. His first response was to hide himself by the trees, following along to his friend and ease dropping on their discussion.

His eyes widened as their plot was revealed. He grunted with a grin. "Just like the old days." He climbed the tree with ease, pacing himself to the highest point. Though he lacked in archery, he held skill for camaflouge since he was young. He arched his bow, pointing towards the beasts, blowing fire onto the tip of the arrow. He adjusted himself until swoosh, the grass went ablaze.

The Wargs yelped in terror as their scattering commenced. James drew two more arrows, creating a circle of flames to keep them contained.

Andraus Andraus

(I am sorry I haven't responded. Personal matters caught my attention, and things spiraled out of my control. I am back now, freshly inspired, and I hope you'll enjoy roleplaying with me again)

The woman would lower her hood, before those orbs would disappear. Anyone with any magical talent would be able to feel the tense air this woman took, as if the very fabric of reality was brought close for viewing. Her breath was ragged and hitched, as if what she was doing was causing her great pain. Soon, those eyes would open again, but now a wispy like essence was leaking from them, as if her own mind was burning. She then uttered these haunting words.

"My will is not my own...."

She would stumble a bit, before speaking up. "The Dragon's and the Phoenix's, immortal beings whose rivalry that has spanned the test of time....The Dragon's, constantly seeking power for powers sake, born with the desire to dominate, to control, to rule......The Phoenix's, the rebellious ones, those that seek freedom and Justice, those that break the mold and challenge it.....They are always different. Royalty and Vagrant, Whisperer and Warrior, Master....and Slave." She said, her eyes gazing towards Amaris.

"Once again, born into a different time, the Immortal rivals meet. One who seeks Supremacy and Domination, the other who seeks Vengeance and Freedom. Your paths are written in the Book of Fate- Alone, both of you are surrounded in a nest of vipers, with sharpened blades and honeyed words. Your families carry traitors.....One who is already known, who now sits next to a throne. The other who has yet to reveal themselves, bidding their time and waiting to strike." She said, revealing to Amaris that she had an enemy in her own family. "But as before, your powers combined bring fear....fear that will have allies turn on you, and enemies flock to you for protection and mercy."

"As it was before, your joining shall mean the end of many kingdoms- By either them submitting to you.....or burning under your gaze...The flame of the Immortal Bird, The Phoenix's, and the breath of the Great Lizards, the Heavenly Dragons.....But beware the shadows, for they are not only your friend, but the friend of your enemy....You shall claim your prize, but in the end, as it always has been, you shall be betrayed. But there is a chance....a renewal of the fate you were forged. To finally end the cycle. How shall you break it- By blood or by truth?..." She said, before sitting down on the ground, the wispy essence finally vanishing. "Now my vision is clear...and I see nothing...."

Her haunting words now left many questions to the royal family who heard them.

Tension overwhelmed the room as the seer eyes disappeared. The royals seemed startled by the sudden shift in her breathing. Her Highness taking hold of her husband's hand, the princes bracing themselves in case their need to attack arose.

Amaris' eyes widened as her prophecy was spoken, it wasn't sure how the rest of the family perceived it but Amaris felt it was meant... For her. The woman's words were burning into her mind. At least she knew one thing for certain, her suspicions were right. Crossing paths with King Troy was fate. Her question was why? Why now? Why her? She needed answers.

For now she had one, she wasn't safe. Even in her own family. The five dragons glanced at each other, this new prophecy would cause a new battle and this one was on their own turf.

Amaris had know how to end the cycle, but to do that she would have to look into the past. There's a reason why this the fate of their two families were intertwined and she knew someone who might help bring that to light. When the words were all said and done, Amaris face became stern. Before anyone could speak, she took action. She pointed to one of the guards. "Find King Troy immediately, tell him to meet me in the library to discuss the mission in Slewoth." She commanded. The man nodded before setting off on his mission.

Amaris then turned to the oracle and gave a bow in acknowledgment. "You have proved yourself of use, I apologize for my previous demeanor."

The king seemed satisfied with her response and continued on her. "You may stay her as long as you like. I'm sure your prophecies will be of use." He said referencing to his children. Two of his closest allies could bring the end of their empire. Their conquest can cease to progress, something that he couldn't stand to think of. Amaris gave the monarchs a bow before making her leave. It was clear to the le Fay family that nothing would be the same.

Andraus Andraus

The seer would bow her head, before moving her hood back. The face revealed was one another-worldly beauty- Tribal tattooes adorned her face, it was studded with valuable gems and jewelry, and her skin held a complexion of one native to Minas Toth. As assumed by her fetish, she was clearly tribal in origin. It appeared that life in the House of Rain meant a life of prosperity and wealth for this native. "It would be my Honor, King and Queen of Xerith." She said, seating herself not too far from Prince Henry and Leith.

Troy would land next to the bellowing flames, as the wargs cried out from James impressive marksmanship. Troy would jump out from hiding, before staring towards the Orcs, as he reached his hands into the flames. "You have long escaped Judgement for your misdeeds, servant of darkness.....Now, I shall shine light upon this blighted land! Sword of Azor Ahai, Light-Bringer, come forth and serve me!" Troy said, as the flames danced and snaked around his arms, before a burning sword formed into his grasp.

Where in the name of the New Gods did Troy receive a holy sword?!

Troy would begin clashing with the orcs, his strength being tested against these beasts of war. "You dare attack my allies and bring war to this Kingdom?! I am a descendant of the House of Azar, the blood of the immortal bird burns within me! The Fire of my House shall scorch you to death!" Troy said, as he used the burning sword to cleave through the orcs, aided by James burning arrows, striking the orcs down with a fierce vengeance.

When they were dealt with, and the wargs were slain, Troy would look towards James, making the sword vanish. "I say this was an impressive hunt....but we must return to Xerith, and inform them of what we discovered." He said, but saw that there was a cave nearby. It was likely the Orcs used this as a hide-out, so Troy would walk towards it.

When he peaked inside.....he saw a cave stuffed with treasure!

This must've been where the Orcs were hiding the treasure they stole from the trade caravan's.....Troy could guess there was a fortune of valuables down there, but as much as he wanted to take this for himself, Troy knew that this was a chance he could not pass up, to ensure he had James Loyalty. Troy would step back, and hold his hand out to the cave. "Please, take this.....I have no need of it, and I owe your family a great debt for all it has done for mine.....Consider this the first of many payments, and the reaffirmation of our friendship, James."

Now that that was out of the way, they needed to hurry back to the Xerith....

~~~~~~

When they arrived (their servants had carted away the valuables from the cave) Troy and James would approach the Throne room. Kneeling, Troy would immediately stand, before speaking ."Orcs have been raiding the trade-line to the capitol. Me and Lord James discovered this while hunting and we dealt with them, however there is more to it- It appeared Slewoth had made the first move. Their goal was to sabotage your relationship with Alamar, leaving you weakened." Troy said to them

Spacing Out Spacing Out

James' eyes widened in disbelief as the holy sword appeared in Troy's hand. How could that be? Only few were be able to wield such a weapon... There was more to House Azar than meets the eye.

James finally revealed him after the deed was done. He smiled at the remark, stating "Impressive is an understatement. " He followed Troy without hesitation to the cave, only for his eyes to met with glimmering light of treasure.

It wad enough for a man to be wealthy beyond his dreams, perhaps even possess more than the Amaris' king himself!

When Troy presented the cave to him as a reward, James became speechless. "Troy, there is no need for affirmations. My family is willing to assist yours because of the history they share, not for the payments they were given." James then knelt before the young king and unsheathed his sword. "I offer you my services not only as a friend, but as your servant."

James then lifted himself and placed his sword back to its rightful place. "Let's head back to the castle." He said, walking behind his dear friend.

----------------------------------------------------

King Robert and his Queen were already unnerved by the events that had happened. There were use to crucial circumstances but not one of this magnitude. Unfortunately, their day was not over. King Troy entered the throne room, with terrible news. Slewoth had already made their first strike.

Robert eyed burned with anger as he stroked his beard, his wife shifted in her seat in an effort to compose herself. "Thank you for your actions, Gentlemen. Your bravery will not go unrewarded." The Queen replied.

Robert glanced at James, he was sure he would make a report of his own about the affair. "I hope you explain our situation with Slewoth to your superiors, Lord James. We may need allies in this affair." Robert believed that getting Alamar to aid in their efforts would lead them to become more vurnerable, giving Minad Toth and Xerith a higher rate of success in invasion.

James nodded "Of course, your Highness. King Troy visitation will not be discussed in it whatsoever, we've already agreed not to in our hunt."

"Good. I will handle this with my advisors." Though, he was to have a meeting with his elites. He didn't want to illuminate his plans with Minas Toth, the less Alamar knew, the better. "My daughter request for your company in the library, Your majesty. She was not clear on what, however I have my guesses... You both are dismissed."

-------------------------------------------
The grand library was lit solely by the grace of the flames. The drapes were close to keep out the natural rays of the sun. Aisle of books and scrolls seemed to go on forever. In the center was a long table with 6 chairs... And a dark hair woman, regal clothing, surrounding by various reading materials. This woman was Amaris.

"There was once a merchant in the famous market at Baghdad. One day he saw a stranger looking at him in surprise, and he knew that the stranger was Death. Pale and trembling, the merchant fled the marketplace and made his way many-many miles to the city of Samarra. For there he was sure that Death could not find him. But when, at last, he came to Samarra, the merchant saw waiting for him the drim figure of Death. “Very well,” said the merchant. “I give in. I am yours. But tell me, why did you look surprised when you saw me this morning in Baghdad?” “Because,” said Death, “I had an appointment with you tonight… in Samarra." She recited, looking into his eyes when she was done. "I was never fond of that story, even now. However, I see it's relevance to me until now."

"I've been here since your phophet told me, her vision. Her words here horrifying and I didn't know what she meant. How it applied to me..." She tossed a book towards him. "House Azar and House Theron had clashed before, but the Imperial Family had recognized the potential and strength House Theron possessed with their dragons. In an attempt to end the wasteful fighting, and make their already strong houses stronger, House Azar and House Theron agreed to a marriage pact. Elytrus Azar of House Azar, second in line for the Imperial throne, and Yvonne Theron, Daughter of Matriarch Aethya and Lord Silus Theron. However, this ended when Elytrus was assasinated at the wedding. House Azar blamed it on House Theron, though the house claimed innocent. Nevertheless, Azar is a house of powerful people. They not only have the charisma to inspire nations,they have never lost a battle, at least not without reason." She then placed a pictures in front of him of Azar assets and figures but the one that stood out was of a man "Grigori Azar, the last of the Emperors. Losing to Robert Theron and being executed that same day with what was thought to be all of the Azar family. However, The Azars were clever enough hide a few of their members. But I'm sure you know that already right?" She chuckled in a self depreciating manner.

"And the stories with Yaro and Kuvira and how they ended... the thoery of union between the two is unlikely. Because this wouldn't be happening...not again." Her ball felt to be in the center of her throat, her eyes burning from the tears she refused to let out. "How did I not know this? My entire history held from me until now. Why?" She thought to herself.

"When the seer mentioned Master and slave, she began to stare at me. What did she mean?" Amaris then approached him, a newly lit fire in her eyes."You will tell me, what is happening. Why our two families are in a cycle and what will it take to make it end."

Andraus Andraus

Haha I forgot how to the links thing so bare with me. I literally had to go through our old rp to find the pictures. #throwbacks

Grigori Azar
latest

The Red Dragon Empresses Crown
il_570xN.844962939_o67b.jpg

Shield of Azar:
gw2-phoenix-shield.jpg

Last edited:
(I love you Robyn, these throwbacks are awesome XD)

"Because we are beings that wish to rule the skies."

Troy would then press a finger to her chest, right where her heart was. "First and foremost, Amaris, do not try and control my actions- I am king, a first generation king at that, you are a Princess, coming from a line of warriors that are DAMN hard to exterminate. " Troy said, before sitting down, placing a finger on his temple. "However, your question is a good one to ask- I will answer what I can, believe me, I wish knew more myself." Troy said.

He would then hold up his hand as the ink from the inkwell swirled up, and began dancing on the parchment, creating images. "Dragons are beings of Domination and Supremacy. Phoenix's are beings of Freedom and Independence. By the blood-lines we hold, we could be no different. It's fate that we clash in bloody war." Troy said. "Truth be told though, I tire of this- A pointless battle to the skies.....Do you know the phrase 'The Sky is the Limit?' That is what I mean: If one were to rule the skies, everything below is simply within grasp.....The Azar Line and the Theron line are gone- We are merely descendants, pale echoes of lost people."

Troy would look towards Amaris. "The Phoenix and the Dragon, no matter how many times reincarnated, have always clashed.....The only way to end the fighting is to bear a child that holds both blood-lines. By right, that child shall become one of the two things- The Great Unifier or the Great Destroyer. Our blood is steeped in Magic, for we hold the essence of beings that transcend our reality......If one child held this power, they'd be unstoppable, immortal, and otherwise? unbeatable." Troy said to her.

He would then shake his head. "You see why I so willingly accepted this? Don't think I am fool, Amaris- This war will bring image that our kingdoms can become unified. Old Gods and New Gods, once separate, can now be joined in a bright glowing fire." He said, before raising a finger ."All it needs is a spark....Once this war is one, Slewoth is yours and Amalar is mine, Our union, to ensure peace, is expected of us." Troy said to her.

To have thought that far ahead....Troy was no fool.

"So the question remains- We can continue fighting in pointless battle, again and again, until we're both dead, merely restarting the cycle.....or, we can end generations of blood-shed and unite. As for the terms Master and Slave.....one would have to submit, meaning something must be given. I have only one thing left in my life worth anything, but what do you have to lose yourself, Kuvira?" Troy said, placing his head on his fist, staring at her.

Amaris sat when he did. Resting her hands on the table, whilst her body involuntarily leaning in to examine the drawing. Every word the king spoke pierced into her thoughts. She nodded on occasions to show that she was listening but her mouth were sealed shut until he told her the only way to break the wheel that has been turning for generations.

She looked away from her for a brief moment. A child? Was that truly the only way to end the cycle? She didn't understand why she was in shock, this was a given for any union especially for a monarchy. But, this seemed like a lot to grasp. She shifted her attention back to him and nodded. "I agree. When our conquest is complete, we will only have two options. Our bethrothal will bring promise, perhaps even a new era. We won't have to renew a flame that should've died generations ago."

She was surprised to hear him call her by her ancestor's name. She could've brought it into light but she decided to leave it alone for the time being. Submission wasn't something that her family took fondly, the thought of it seemed distasteful. That was the reason why the union seemed impossible in the past. It wasn't long after, she heard a voice that was unfamiliar to her playing in her head. "The will of the dragon was broken...defeated, and reduced to a mere hollow image of their pride, their riders often offered them a way to regain it....as a servant. " she shook her head, trying to get the thought of her mind. she wasn't sure why it popped into her head ir who was the person who said it. Her eyes met his, her right hand move towards his. "I have a lot to lose but I also have a lot to gain from this. I'm willing to give up whatever I have to so this unnecessary war can end."

She cleared her throat. "Our first objective should be to deal with our adversaries. Despite your request, I already have 500 of our men prepared to leave when they are commanded to do so. The question is where to strike. With the revolution in Amalar and your response to the former queen, we have the ability to strike them when they are at their weakest. However, Amalar oblivion to Xerith's alliance with Minas Toth gives us the ability to use their assistance to defeat Slewoth. This will have to come with a price..." She paused for a moment thinking back to his previous affairs. "How was your hunt with Lord James?" She asked.

Andraus Andraus

Last edited:
"We managed to deal with Slewoth Orc Raiders, so needless to say, We have your parents full support. Not to mention, James is fully loyal to me. His and My family have a long line of being allies, so their loyalty is secured.....the huge trove of treasure that the Orc's had surely made things easier. " Troy told her, tapping his hand. "If I ask, I can almost promise James will support me if I wage war on Amalar, but I need to ensure that his family will support us- His father is a good man, but he's cautious- Won't commit to something unless he is sure it will work."

Troy was honestly not surprised she had gotten more men. Actually....that could work to their advantage. Taking out a map, Troy would point things out. "I am....actually impressed you thought ahead- If your soldiers attack the towns surrounding Fort Kedakash, Their forces will be divided to try and reinforce them. That should minimize casualities on both sides, weaken the civilian support for Slewoth, and earn us a nice steady supply of loot to keep the noble families happy and their support in this war.....clever thinking." Troy said.

He had to admit, this girl had brains. Maybe a marriage wouldn't be that bad.

"Slewoth is expecting a tactical attack on the fort, so that means we'll have to do a full on assault. Not only that, but we have to think about moral implications- If we beat the might of their armies with a fraction of ours, it would show that Slewoth is weakened and unable to protect itself and it's citizens. They'd lose the support of more than a few noble families were that to happen. " He said to her.

Troy would then point towards three mines in the area. "While we're focused on that, see if your Mother cannot get the slaves in these mines to riot- Less materials coming in will mean less resources for Slewoth. If we offer their pay for their work, I can promise you we'll be earning more than double by the end of the year. Not only that, but it will be a symbol of us being 'Liberators' which will cause other slaves in the Kingdom to rise up in defiance. They'll be so busy losing their footing, that conquering Slewoth would be almost.....child's play, why has your parents not done this before?" Troy asked.

He honestly could not see why they had not conquered Slewoth by themselves, it seemed too easy. Was there something he wasn't seeing? Troy needed to know.

Spacing Out Spacing Out

Amaris leaned back on her chair, she smiled in satisfaction to at Troy's triumph of the Orc raiders and that they had won a powerful Ally in Alamar. "That's great, Troy. The fact that James had loyal to you can give us more insight, We can even use him for infiltration when needed." She commented. "I would not inform him about our plans with Alamar just yet. It's too soon to tell especially if his father's loyalty isn't guaranteed."

As he went on, it was easy to tell that he was a tactical genius. A trait of an Azar?Or was by his own right? She wasn't entirely sure but his planned seemed to be solid from her stand point, there were only minor possiblities as to why such a mission should fail. "I believe a third of our men should be enough to ensure victory in the surrounding towns. The others should will be able to attack the mines as well as the fort itself." She said. "I'll handle the slave riot myself. I have learned enough from her to know how to cause a revolt."

Amaris looked back at him when he asked why Xerith had never conquered the land before. "If we are seen as liberators that will only provoke more Countries that condone slavery to turn on us. I even hear rumors that Alamar May revert back to it's old ways and reinstall slavery as well, Losing Their support wasn't an option. You are also forgetting the fact that Slewoth is now for taking taming powerful creatures for military gain, dragons may no longer be an option for them but they still have others to choose from. Cyclops, Stymphalian Birds, Griffins. All of them at their disposal. Which is why they are known as the land of monsters." She adjusted herself, sighing softly. "Nevertheless, I still believe that your plan will be effective."

Her eyes scanned the map for the last time. "I believe that being known liberators will help with that. It will mean that we have more men siding with us especially if they revolt, that may even cause the others to do the same. There are mines and plantations all of Slewoth. Their armies will be outnumbered 10 to 1, leaving us to take the throne in as little as a few weeks. I don't see this lasting more than a year, not with their current situation."

Andraus Andraus

"Yes, but we must take into consideration the various actions that could occur in that time frame. The information on the animal tamers is news to me, so such events must be taken into grave consideration. Beast-Tamers are a rarity in this age, and thus, we must be prepared for the worst that the Three can throw at us." Troy said. He always took good fortune with a grain of salt. His paranoia helped keep people safe. He would then point at the map. "Me giving it a year is being generous, and we must also consider-" As Troy was explaining in detail, Mordred walked in.

"Mordred, whats wrong?"

"My Lord....It's Lady Sindisia...."

~At the Same time...~

Sindisia was in a room with Prince Henry and Leith. The woman had removed her hood, and surprisingly, was actively pursuing her role as Liaison from House Rain. She pressed her fingers to her lips as she read the texts that the Royal Family of Xerith had not been able to translate. "Taking a moment of meditation in reverence for false gods....Finger prints are all over it, but they seem to....not care. Why?" She said, as she peered over the text. She was rather intelligent- For a tribal, her understanding of ancient languages and knowledge of old societies was far beyond what many had thought capable. It was impressive.

It also, likely in Leith and Henry's case, didn't hurt that she was very beautiful- She had an aura of mystery that would attract even the strongest willed man.

Sindisia would begin to make traces on a roll of paper, as she began muttering. "Verandi....Night....King....Verandi-Night-King. Three words...nine word bursts over and over...The Stranger?" She said, her hand still absently tracing. "Different hand writing in this text......Regal, but shaky.....who?" She asked, quietly. "Darkness consumes....but we shall mark the abyss in eternal fire...Lithe Cipher, ancient Pre-Imperial age! Fascinating..." The House of Rain were clearly good at what they did, but it was also clear why so many people had trouble understanding them- It seemed their minds were on an entirely other plane of existence. Their minds were warped by the other worldly power that granted them their far-sight.

As she lifted up her hand from the tracing, she took one look, before she held her head and....started screaming. She quickly moved to the corner of the room, away from the tracing, as she held onto her head, one eye glowing purple, the other white. Mordred had run out to find his King.

Troy quickly followed suit to the room, before approaching Sindisia. "Tell me, Scribe- What is it?"

"Histories Lords have ever painted the world in Fire and Shadow......I know that verse.....Shadow Lords...."

Troy immediately approached the tracing. The words were written in a....jumbled collage, but it the letters formed an image- The Sigil of the Shadow Lords.

The Shadow Lords were an ancient sect of Magic users, who harnessed their power from the dark recesses of the Entity, the historically believed source of nightmares and evil. Their power was that they could topple Kingdoms, but they held close relations with the Empire. It was believed that they had a hand in igniting the war between Jaressi and Droadus, along with the ascension of King Yaro Azar, but that story ended in mystery. Needless to say, the Order was hunted to extinction. Almost all of the leadership was killed, along with their disciples, leading many to assume that they were gone for good.

That a sign like this appeared from the Seer was an ill-omen.

Spacing Out Spacing Out

Last edited:
Henry and Leith were charmed by the seer that stood before them. Tribal tattoos and piercings embellished her face, Her movements and words possesing a sense of preternatural Mystery and grace. Sindisia held a titillating attractiveness that was not conventionally seen in these parts.

The princes listened to her words eagerly especially Leith, who was hanging onto every words that formed from the maiden's tongue. The hovered over her like vultures to see what relic she was deciphering. Paleography was an art that only few could perfom. Thousands of antiquities remained within those four walls yet only a few could unveil the knowledge that lied inside them. Henry seemed bewildered by what she was saying this he leaned closer to her and asked. "What do you suppose it means?"

Not too long after the woman lifted her arm and let out a blood-curdling scream, causing the two to jolt from fright. In the same manner as a child would when they are in destress; Sindisia hurtled towards the nearest corner. Her eyes glowing with Heterochromia, one of purple and the other white, whilst her hands clinged to her head.

"My lady, are you alright?!" Leith exclaimed. His initial action was to race over and provide comfort. However, Henry grabbed on to his arm before he could take another step.

The others were joined by king Troy and princess Amaris as a response to Mordred getting help.

"Tell me, Scribe- What is it?" The King asked.

"Histories Lords have ever painted the world in Fire and Shadow......I know that verse.....Shadow Lords...."

The three siblings stole glances of each other, a disturbing silence fell amongst them. After the shadow lords were killed off, they become nothing more than legends. Knowing that they could be on the rise once more was alarming.

"What are we to do then? How do we plan to apphend them?" Leith finally asked.

"What is there to apprehend?" Henry quickly replied. "The shadow lords have been eliminated centuries ago. We aren't even sure that they even pose a threat."

"Sindisia wouldn't have acted this why is they weren't."

"I believe that Leith is right." Amaris commented. "The shadow lords could be out there. If they are, We know that they are an enemy unlike any that we have faced. We don't know their numbers or their leader. Only their agenda. I believe that our response should be to quietly gather intellegence, Determine their move, and catch them in the act."

"Sitting and waiting is not a strategy. If anything, we need a plan of action." Henry added.

"What is there to do hm? They have hidden in the darkness for years and slipped under the noses of monarchs time and time again. How can we use action when we don't know where to strike." Amaris paused for a moment, beginning to ponder. "Nevertheless, I do believe I have one hunch on what they could be going after for the time being."

"And what would that be?"

"Not what. Who..." She gestured towards the king Troy. "Him."

Troy looked disturbed at the revelation- The Shadow Lords were enigmatic, powerful, and highly secretive. In truth, there was always speculation if they were defeated for good. When Amaris spoke that they would be after him, Troy honestly looked confused. "Why after me?"

Sindisia managed to recover some semblance of control over her mind, as she stood up, before making her way over to the papers. She then began...folding and moving the papers. Her left eye was still glowing white, but the purple one had returned to normal, She began muttering once again. "A trillion timelines, and all at war, like a thousand red flowers in a black garden...."Sindisia said, while her gestures were that of a person TRYING to get another to understand something. It wasn't like she didn't want to tell them what she figured out....

It was more like she couldn't. It seemed the House of Rain had dear prices to pay for their power.

"Misdiagnosed the problem." She said, as she grabbed the map that Troy had, before placing it on the wall. She then....slit open her own palm, as blood began dripping down. "Siege of Tycho, capitol of Jaressi.....I see the city of Nathe burning...Problem was not distance.....problem was Time." She said, as she began tracing her blood on the map frantically. Her eye started flickering, and her speech returned to.....normal, but it was clear that, whatever she was doing, it was causing her intense pain, much like how her visions worked.

"They walked in the dark times- A thousand Kings rose and fell then." She said, as she held up her hands to try and explain better. "A single light in an infinite amount of darkness....like a signal flare before the walls are overrun." She said, as she started drawing.....lines on a piece of paper. All the lines intersected, but when she drew the last line, it was in her blood.

Troy was trying to understand his scribe, as he looked at what she was doing. He was used to the House of Rain's erratic madness and brilliance. They could peer the future, but they must always speak of it in riddles, for mortals to understand and decipher. As he looked at them, he noticed a.....prevailing theme with her words- Timelines. A single one specifically out of multiple. It was odd, honestly, because how could that have any relevance towards the situation?

Then, he started looking at the events she marked.

Tycho and Nathe were both destroyed at the same time, apparently, which was odd- Despite their power, the Shadow Lords and their disciples never numbered more than a thousand. There would not be enough soldiers for them to lay siege to two separate cities, especially at the same time. Also, the Dark times was the period after the Empire fell, when their lands were all divided and chaos reigned. Events that spanned years and incidents that were felt for centuries, all at different...

Different times.

Troy would hold up his hand as he spoke up. "Sindisia....did the Shadow Lords manipulate time?"

Sindisia, not trusting her voice, would nod. Time Manipulation was, next to Blood Magic, the most heretical form of magic. To manipulate the fabric of the universe. If the Shadow Lords had learned a way to manipulate it, it explained a lot- To why things such as what happened to the House of Azar and House of Theron were such a big mystery, because if time was manipulated, there would be a jumbled mess where history was supposed to be. All probabilities and falsehoods, all correct. It also explained their survival- They didn't just run to the ends of the earth, they ran to an entirely different time. The Shadow Lords were known to find complex ways to solve their problems, but this was nothing short of amazing.

Sindisia would then pour in on her hand, mixing it with her blood, before pressing a finger on the spot where the Fort that Amaris and Troy were going to attack. "Something bad will happen here."

That was probably the clearest thing she'd ever say.

Spacing Out Spacing Out (This was a headache to write, as trying to be vague with answers is not my forte, but I hope you like it!)

(I liked the post. It's nicely done. Sorry for the wait.)

Instead of telling him what her suspicion was she decided to simply inform him at a later time, preferably when there were less people. No one was aware that she knew he was an Azar and she wanted to keep it that way.

The Seer managed to recoup some of her composure prior to returning to the papers scattered in the desk. As usual, she spoke in riddles that bewildered majority of her audience and the drawing didn't add much clarification to it either. It was at the end of her speech that it finally came to light. The manipulation of time.

Leith sat onto the nearest chair, his head pushing back the hair on his head in disbelief. "This is indispensable information. No wonder hasn't the past hasn't been easily understood..." Time manipulation is one of the most difficult and riskiest magics to pursue. The fact that the shadow lords have mastered the skill of time is astounding. But how were they capable of unlocking this gift? And what could be done to stop it?

After Sindisia confirmed her visions, She marked the fort that Amaris and Troy plotted to besiege. Apparently, the gods may not be on their side for this battle. Amaris couldn't help but think about how convenient the location was. In fact, Amaris felt suspicious of the whole situation.

So many events occurred in one day, almost like they were being conducted in unison. From the attack of the orc raiders to the divinations from a surprised guest. The king of Minas Toth, who was none to reject any offer that was offered before him accepting her laborious requests. It all seemed to be rather...off.

‎Perhaps she was overthinking. Troy seemed genuinely confused when she brought up her speculation. It truly could be the shadow lords at play or maybe there was something that she was missing. Either way, she intended to uncover the truth.

"Fortunately for us we plan to travel there at dawn. We both will be accompanied by our best soldiers. We aren't aware what exactly will occur when we arrive, Thus I advise that we do not change the plan and simply use caution for the time being. Slewoth has already made the first move. This could be our only opening to have the element of surprise before they know about the raiders failed attempt, find out our possible communication with Alamar, and the false rumors that my mother is spreading as we speak... Unless, you believe it's best to reassess the situation." Amaris replied.

Last edited:
Troy was frustrated- He was apparently being targeted by an organization that had ran to the ends of time to escape execution, he was going to battle against a foreign kingdom and apparently, the battle will not end in their favor, and it seemed that Amaris knew something, but was not telling. It was frustrating, and he was regretting having left his Kingdom, but he could not change things now. As Troy thought on things, he saw Sindisia returning to work. "Scribe, what is it that you are deciphering?"

She would step to the side, before she would reveal what she was studying- A Lexicana Codex. The artifact was an ancient storage device, created before the Empire rose to power, and they were nearly impossible to break into. Numerous failsafes and protections were placed onto the cubes, to preserve the Empire's secrets, but a few could be decoded with the proper knowledge. Sinidisia would be examining the markings on the side, before looking again.

On the left, was the mark of House Theron.

On the right, was the mark of House Azar.

Sinidisia would place her hand on her cheek, before grabbing both Amaris and Troy's hands, and she would place them on the cube. The cube would then light up. It's top would then spin, before the circle would open, as Troy would look inside. In there he saw....a scrap of paper. Picking it up, Troy would look at it, before handing it to SIndisia. Sindisia would stare at the scrap of paper, before her eyes would widen, and a....honest smile would appear on her face. "A find yes.....A most wonderful find!"

Troy looked befuddled. "What is it?"

"This is a scrap of the ancient manuscript 'The Edda of the Mistletoe', The historical text believed to be the history of the Azar Family! This was destroyed years ago, after Robert Theron defeated the Last Emperor in combat! To find a piece of it intact...This has historical value far beyond comprehension!" She said, before looking towards the Le Fay family. "Where did you find such a thing? It's priceless!"'

This little scrap of paper.....was worth so much?

Troy would raise an eyebrow, before coughing, as he asked the question they all wanted to know. "Can you translate it?"

"Oh yes, of course....hmm...part of it seems to be written as a bard's song...." She said, before clearing her throat, as she read it. "The Mistletoe, from ancient times, and the creations of the Gods, born from human wishes - In the paradise where they lived, Gods and humans had built a harmonious coexistence. However, not all human desires were beautiful- Touched by the first sin, Pride, and the third sin, Greed, There finally came the time, for the sake of their own happiness, A Human wished for the less fortunate to exist. And thus, the first Dragon was born, to protect the mortal realm and enforce the kings law. But behind that dragon, who brought the joy of the happy mornings to come, was another: a scarlet bird, protector of those left behind, who crooned through Injustice of the solitary nights, with a sorrowful voice..."

Sindisia would look confused, as she had never heard of this before, and she prided herself with being a knowledable scribe. Raising her hand towards a fire, she brought light to the scroll, to read it further, now at the bard's part. "

From a place, worlds away across the sky
there’s a voice like a prayer, reaching out far and wide
Like the wind that’s bringing in a gentle tune:
the melody of happiness sung by the dragon of blue

See the crimson flames that reign vengeance upon the land
as it burns deeper than the sunset’s descent
Moving forth the endless cycle of life and death:
The breath of reincarnation born from the scarlet phoenix of red

What is written down, carved on our souls: these memories
Of our battles dictated by destiny
Though I tried to reach out my hand - nothing could be found
The words I speak
Like the feathers ripped from my wings
Torn away
We fell to the ground

As their song travels, seeking each other
Colors mixing in with one another
Their two souls become bound together
Although when they meet
The beings of red and blue
They could not find harmony
And so away they flew
Through their hearts, they will always carry this tune

But if you’re meant to be my enemy
Let us bare our hearts for all to see
And the tears that I cry will rain down from the sky
‘Til the day - ‘til the time the mistletoe inside our dream sprouts to life…."

Sindisia would set her flame down, as she stared at this in shock. This.....Either this was an interpretation done during the war with the Theron Family or....This was their earliest history. IF the former was true, it was likely an artists attempt and romanticizing the feud between the two houses. If the latter was true, this made it seem like their fate was....pre-ordained by the gods. There was so much missing, since the Edda stretched far further, but this....This could mean nothing.....

or it could change everything.

Spacing Out Spacing Out

From Troy's expression, she could tell that he was flustered. However, Amaris decided to pay little mind towards his frustration. She had no intentions to hide it from him for too long, preferably when they were alone. Troy's attention shifted to Sindisia who continued to decipher the troves that remained in this room of mystery and wonder.

The Scribe displayed the elaborate device for all to see. A Lexicana Codex aren't as used as they once used to be but very efficient in preservation of secrets. Before Amaris could fully examine it or even say a word of protest, her hand was grasped and placed on one marking by Sidisia whilst Troy's was placed on the other. Miraculously, the cube began to glow and spin, unlocking itself to them.

Henry and Leith still trying to process their last findings only to see have another appear before them. Their hearts raced with excitement to see what was hidden. Treasure? important documents from the shadow lords?
"A piece of paper?" Henry snickered at what seemed to be an underwhelming discovery. The siblings watched as the paper was passed from The king to the Seer. It wasn't long until Troy ask what it was. To everyone's surprise, Sidisia reactions made the paper seem more appealing.

"Well we are dragons after all," Leith replied with a grin. "And dragons are attracted to the treasures of the world and the next. We like scavenging for items of the past, the problem is decyrpting them."

Amaris listened carefully to the song along with her two brothers. A dragon of blue and a phoenix of red... Seemed that they were still as clueless as before, so henry decided to pounder about the song aloud. "Mistletoes are symbols of peace and love. Myths have it that the God, Bhumas gifted it to his beloved wife to show his enternal affection for her." Henry informed the group. This lead Amaris' eyes to widen, her hands gliding on the Lexicana Codex prior to placing it down. "Good observation, Henry. Unfortunately, I believe the troops are ready to depart. The more time we waste, the less our chances are to succeeding. Sidisia, I commend you for your findings. I'm sure it wasn't easy but you have managed to overcome it and to that I envy you. Can you find out more? I believe that the artifacts here could help us understand what we are about to face. Leith and Henry will be here at your disposal. Excuse me.

She then eyed Troy "May I speak to you... privately please? I need discuss what our strategy is given our route may not be the best choice given our new situation." She asked. She desired to pull him away from the room as swiftly as possible. She was wary of addressing certain things in front of particular people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back