Journal And yet another miracle happened to me today...

Zombocalypse

Quintessential Badboy
And yet another miracle happened to me today...

Here's a little story...

A few days ago, I prayed. I prayed to God to show me a way to do His will. After the prayer, I slept and forgot about it.

A few days later, today, I went downtown to check out some restaurants that I plan on taking my mother to for mother's day. After seeing what I need to see, I drove back home and saw a homeless man in rags, with an oxygen tank and holding a sign that says "Homeless and disabled. Anything helps." Immediately, of course, I felt sorry for the guy. It didn't pain me to see him in that situation as much as it would've pained me to see a loved one in such a situation, but the little sympathy I felt for him was enough to urge me to go to the nearest subway and buy the guy a sandwich. So I did. I went to the nearest subway, bought a sandwich, and drove back to give it to him.

As I went home, I got reminded of the prayer I made. And it only made my faith stronger. I highly doubt this was coincidence.

Last edited:
you know why people give to the homeless? you said it perfectly, you felt bad. the only reason people do that is to make THEMSELVES feel better. some people try to mask that fact by saying they were in need, but the underlying reason all the time is a selfish sense of making yourself feel good.

you know why people give to the homeless? you said it perfectly, you felt bad. the only reason people do that is to make THEMSELVES feel better. some people try to mask that fact by saying they were in need, but the underlying reason all the time is a selfish sense of making yourself feel good.

If you wanna get sciency or philosophical about it, then you may be correct. I too, hold this view. In fact, the reason why I did it in the first place is to ensure that God won't spare me His blessings in the future.

But think for a moment...

The ends justifies the means. Even if what I did was deep down inside, selfish, at least it produced a positive effect in the world. Napoleon Bonaparte once said that religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. This is true. And if only for that reason alone, we should have religion.

Religion is a powerful tool to keep people humble and fulfilled. Say what you want about arguments for or against His existence. The bottom line is that people like me who have a direct connection with Him live a happy life.

Well, as a Nihilist and believe that there is no point to life, I simply give myself a purpose instead. The point to me is to live and simply enjoy what I have, with those around me.

Well, as a Nihilist and believe that there is no point to life, I simply give myself a purpose instead. The point to me is to live and simply enjoy what I have, with those around me.

You're a nihilist? Have you read the works of Nietzsche then?

What does his books talk about?

Well, you got le:
  • The Gay Science.
  • The Anti-Christ.
  • The Birth of Tragedy.
  • The Will to Power.
  • Human, All Too Human.

Stuff and so, but I'm more of a reader for Charles Darwin's publications.

Well, you got le:
  • The Gay Science.
  • The Anti-Christ.
  • The Birth of Tragedy.
  • The Will to Power.
  • Human, All Too Human.

Stuff and so, but I'm more of a reader for Charles Darwin's publications.

I recently bought Richard Dawkins's The God Delusion. I'm educating myself on atheism too.

Nietzsche's books intimidate me. I feel like they are hard to read.

Well, I do recall Nietzsche being against Christianity due to it being considered a peaceful religion.

Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. Luke 12:51-53

Nah. I don't think Christianity is a peaceful religion. And honestly, that is why I like it. There will come a time when Armageddon strikes and Jesus will call out for people like me to wage war against the forces of the devil. I wanna be a part of that war. It'll be like a real-life Fallout.

I live a happy life though. Not religious. Anyone can lead one. Doesn't matter what you believe in.
I find it strange when people assume a meaningful life is tied to relgiosity. Even though I'm religious now, I felt more meaning and happiness in life as an athiest than a Christian. It just boggles my mind that people assume that a meaningful life is exclusive to relgiosity. We, as a society, have had many successful athiests who have lived happy lives.

I find it strange when people assume a meaningful life is tied to relgiosity. Even though I'm religious now, I felt more meaning and happiness in life as an athiest than a Christian. It just boggles my mind that people assume that a meaningful life is exclusive to relgiosity. We, as a society, have had many successful athiests who have lived happy lives.

The thing is is that as an atheist, you yourself create meaning into your life. It is your choice.

Christianity, on the other hand, gives your life a meaning that is contingent with the truth.

With Jesus at your side, you are secure to know that you are on the right path. Without Him, you're lost. And you're forced to carve out your own destiny, making you experience what philosophers call "existential angst".

lol. I bet my ass that Axel the Englishman experiences that every day of his life. lol. No offense.

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

Miracles ain't what they used to be.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice thing you did, pat on the back and all that. I'm all for giving money and food to the homeless, or just buying someone a coffee.

Just don't know if it makes it a miracle or God's will so much as it's just being human. But like you said, so long as it's done then that's good enough for me.
Be good, be happy. Whatever your reasons.

Sounds like your faith is self affirming so trying to talk to you in a me vs you motto would be useless, but im bored. But I have never really needed faith. And I wouldn't call this a miracle. There are plenty of homeless people, if you really wanted to do gods will (well depending on which god and old or new testament) then you would befriend him and let him stay at your house. But you did it to ultimately feel better about yourself.
I mean, I follow a general rule of. Nothing is everything, nothing you do matters, everyone is gonna die, now enjoy your self.
I am happy either way.
And either way, it makes no since if you follow the god of the Bible.
A god is one thing, a creator is one thing. Because that is perfectly valid and a good concern. But it can't be proven, just like how it what made the big bang happen. But the god of the Bible simply makes no since when you take into account his flimsy moral structure that he often breaks, the many unproven stories, and the simple fact that it contradicts it's self so many times that not even a split personality disorder man can out do it. I think the Bible has historical truth, but as a moral compass and philosophical guide, it is a very poor tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back