• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ...and some general fantasy/scifi!

Blemmigan

Illusion is eternity. Machines will live forever.

Hello, friends and strangers! Mostly strangers! Hey there!

I'm looking to do some role plays (surprise!). I'll admit I'm kind of sporadic in activity, because if I'm waiting around for things to start I forget and wander off. So I'm, er, hoping for a 1 on 1 role play instead.

I guess I'm not bothered about a convoluted plot right now: I definitely have a selection of ideas floating around, but really I'd be happy to just mess around with something simple, and avoid getting stuck in development hell while we try to work out details and dither about who starts with what.

For that reason, I've listed fandoms here, but am always open for Other Ideas too.
Here are some FACTS! Woah.
  • If you want roleplays with romance as the main focus, I may not be the partner for you. I don't mind romance, but prefer it as a side thing that might develop depending on the characters and setting.
  • I tend to write in third person with paragraphs, so let me know if you'd rather I change that up for you.
  • I'm not bothered about your gender/your character's gender, and I can play characters that are whichever.
  • I'd rather you be over 18 at the very least! Also: I am late twenties, in case that puts you off (fair enough). It does mean that I've been RPing for a while... but on and off.
  • Sometimes there's not much to say, so if a reply isn't paragraphs long then that's fine. So long as there's something to reply to. And I'll try very much to give you something to work with whenever I answer.
  • Depending on the setting, we'll likely both have to play more than one character, even if it's just the supporting cast with characters that either of us can control.
  • My opening posts tend to be too long, to try and set the scene (and because I don't know when to shut up).
  • I'd rather RP either on here (PM or forum) or discord. Can give Google docs a go though, if you prefer that.
That all said... I'm not looking for anything highbrow. If something ends up being overly complicated that's absolutely grand, but really I'm just looking to have fun.

If you're (still) interested, then read on, MacDuff!

This is the thing you're going to read and then backpage out of here, right? Let's make it happen.
Favourite
These are all included in the slide below as well, if you want to just skip to that. But here're the daft things that I'd go for.

For most of these, I'd prefer that we use original/fan characters (whichever you prefer to call them), which I'll mark with "OCs". For some though, I'll try my hand at canon characters if you'd prefer! I can't promise they'll be perfect, though.

Ava's Demon - OCs/Canon: I don't have any particular plot in mind, especially as the plot itself is still in progress.
Being Human - OCs. For Canon: I've never watched the US version, but would be down for playing a UK character.
Bioshock - OCs
Bleach - OCs
Deadman Wonderland - OCs
Digimon - OCs! But canon digimon.
Fallen London/Sunless Sea/Sunless Skies - OCs!
Fullmetal Alchemist - OCs or canon.
Harry Potter - OCs.
The Hunger Games - OCs (how can I resist)
Mortal Engines/Fever Crumb - OCs or canon.
My Hero Academia - OCs (yeee)
Pokémon - OCs/Canon. But canon pokémon I think.
Railhead - OCs or canon. Or an original world based on the concept.

See the slide below for more! Which are just as welcome, but not as attention-grabbing probably.
All fandoms
Here's the bumper list of pretty much all fandom things (I can think of right now) that I'd be down for. Alphabetised for easy scrolling!

Warning: Nerd. But I'm on an RP site, you knew that.

Ajin
American Gods
Anodyne
A Song of Ice and Fire
Ava's Demon
Being Human
Bioshock
Bleach
Chrestomanci
Deadman Wonderland
Digimon
District 9
Divergent
Doctor Who
The Edge Chronicles
Ender's Game
Elysium
Fallen London
Fever Crumb
Fullmetal Alchemist
Game of Thrones
Harry Potter
His Dark Materials
Hollow Knight
Homestuck
The Hunger Games
In the Flesh
The Keys to the Kingdom
Kingsman
The Maze Runner
Misfits
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Mortal Engines
My Hero Academia
Neverwhere
Newbury & Hobbes
The Old Kingdom
Percy Jackson
Pokémon
Railhead
Starbound
Stardew Valley
Story of Seasons
Subnautica
Sunless Sea
Sunless Skies
Tokyo Ghoul
Whitechapel Gods
The Witcher

Some of these probably can't be an RP by themselves, but it doubles as a general idea of the stuff I like. So that's handy.
Fantasy/Sci-fi
I'm into more low/weird fantasy than elves and dragons and stuff, but that's not an absolute rule. Magic is always great. But I guess I like the bizarre/"darker" stuff, as well as things bordering on scifi, the point where science may as well have become magic.

Anyway, here's my aesthetic. Maybe something in here will resonate?

Worldbuilding: I love it. Whether that means running around in an existing, complex world (see: fandom), or creating a whole new one, both is good. But not essential. Sometimes you (I?) don't want to spend months making something. Either way though, I like there to be some substance there. Make a good climbing frame.

Psychological Horror: Well, and horror in general. Whether it's murder most foul, monsters, humans being terrible... I suppose I like the attitude of things being vaguely creepy, rather than trying to scare each other or be as edgy as possible. Being the monster, rather than running from them. But if you have some grand ideas for psychological horror things, I am definitely down for that.

Robots/Cybernetics of any type, really. Cyborgs or full-on robots. Corpses given new life. Artificial intelligence. What is a human? Robots living away from humans, rusting and falling apart. Still alive.
Simon Stalenhag's art probably counts here, because I've been looking at it again recently. And it's the post background. So, yeah. Also here's Vagabonds and the Electric State.

Space travel, but not the Star Trek the-future-is-enlightened kind. We're still imperfect, and we've spread it out there, where we don't understand it. Stolen technology. Trapped on a space station. Corpses floating in the void. Darkness in the corners, and movement in the darkness.
The concept of Deathworlders is good too, regarding humans and aliens.

Dystopian future
->Dieselpunk: Rusting dirty machines all falling apart. The distant future is full of fumes and wasteland. The world is chewed up and spat out with tar.

Victorian/Edwardian alternate history
->Steampunk: I've got no shame, I love this too. Shiny brass Victorian/Edwardian aesthetic. Automatons and difference engines. Airships, pistons, cogs glued to random things, the works.

Superpowers but not comic-book superheroes necessarily. Just ordinary people who do bizarre things. Especially if everyone can do things just as bizarre. Or only some, and they are sought after or feared as weapons.

Supernatural beings in general. Whether it's ghosts or merfolk or werewolves or what have you. Though it would be in a... "monsters living amongst humans" settings. Or a "freak show" type thing, especially if it combines with vaguely unnerving circus/curiosities in a bygone era. I like zombies a whole lot, but less so just "surviving a zombie attack and winning against them". Like with the robots, it's more "what is a person?" and "this could be you".

HG Wells: more Victorian/Edwardian science fiction. Put here because it's the aesthetic I'm after, not doing a First Men In The Moon RP or something. Honest.
HP Lovecraft again, here for aesthetic reasons.

Interested? Any of those fandoms or aesthetics pique your interest? Send a message or post here!

I have some vague plot ideas for the contents of the "favourite" and "fantasy/sci-fi" tabs, but more so for original characters than canon characters. Anyway, let me know what kind of things you're into/want, so I know what kind of things to suggest.

Last edited:
Hiya! I would love to do roleplay The Maze Runner, if that’s fine by you ^^. If you’re alright for that, send me a PM please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back