• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ancient Gods

Jessabelle turned and looked at the guy with the tarot cards. She raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"No thank you." She said, continuing on her way towards the markets. Scam artists, they're all so irritating.

@Atom

"Oh come on? I'll do the first card free! If you decide you'd like to hear the rest then I'll charge you but if not that's your decision!" Rylo called out with a frown. Tough customer, but he could always raise the price of the other two cards to equal out. That was the entire point of not placing the actual price in a seeable location. A wonderful idea he'd had so long ago.

Jessabelle sighed and rolled her eyes. She turned around and gave the guy a pained smile.

"You're offer is tempting," She dropped her smile "But no." She said and turned back around, continuing onto the market.

@Atom

Rylo leaned forward, lifting a hand and preparing to speak before rolling his eyes, "Bah, I'm sure it was a worthless future anyways." He insulted with a shrug before leaning back in his seat. Someone else would happen by, they always did in this street. Happened to become rather busy around mid day actually, which wasn't far off.

Jessabelle stopped in her tracks. She turned back around and glared at the guy. She went back to his little table.

"Fine. One reading, and you're not getting more than five coins off of me." She said with a growl.

Rylo looked up, making sure a smirk didn't cross his face. "That'll do." He stated, it'd do better than just do, his usual charge was four! Rylo once again suppressed a smirk as his hands reached forward and intricately and swiftly laid out a row of cards in a show meant to distract the current sucker as Rylo lowered his head and quietly intoned the word, "Visum".

When he looked back up the effects of the magic had taken hold as his eyes took upon themself a glowing golden luminescence. "Look closely into both my eyes, and your heart...." he said in a rather monotonous voice similar to earlierd, a surprising change compared to the smooth sound of his usual voice.

@Jess Buck

"Once again, thank you for helping me." Alabaster said as she entered the cave. She had just come back from checking on her cart. "Do you know anyplace where I can buy supplies and a steed maybe. I need to restock for my journey." She asked Nephele as she picked up the stew that was placed before them and without even cooling it off, started to eat it. "Ahhh....warmth..." She exclaimed as she eagerly dug in to her meal. The small orb that was next to her fizzled out and faded. @themediocregatsby

The woman wouldn't notice it due to the current coloration and texture of his eyes, but Rylo rolled them before looking her up and down real quick, only moving his eyes. In its current form Visum allowed Rylo to see the magical energy around him exposed. The woman herself was full of energy surprisingly, so she was a magic user Rylo could assume.

Rylo's breath caught as he noticed it. Something he'd never encountered before now, no matter who his customer was. From the woman's chest a small string of magical energy stretched out, twirling around itself in the way to its destination before it landed and pooled atop one card out of all the ones laid down.

The card was the one farthest to the right and Rylo knew exactly which one it was. He immediately hesitated a long moment, potentially invoking the woman to rush him along before he picked it up.

Rylo licked his dry lips as he watched even more energy pour from her into the card as it's face was revealed. The coffin. This was strange, very strange, never had Rylo encountered a moment when a card had done anything like this one here.

Finally Rylo wet his lips once more before speaking, "The... The Coffin... it speaks of not whom, or when, but rather states that your future contains death in some quantity...The Coffin never stands for the recipient of the reading, that is reserved for the skull... rather it means the recipient will witness death, and usually in a large degree, within their near future..." Rylo said softly.

As Rylo read the card the energy from her seemed to recede. This was all strange to Rylo and he didn't try to hide it when he ducked his head and stated Visum. Though the word itself was too quiet to be heard it was clear he said something as he looked back up, his eyes normal yet wary now.

"Go. I will not read another card." He stated, demanding no payment.

She shrugged when Alabaster asked if anybody knew of a place to buy more horses and supplies. She was better off not heading to Vestibulum.

"Nephele..." Margot began, a bit hesitantly. She usually wasn't the one to initiate conversation. "You're heading to Valland first?"

@Metaphysics @Bea Delaine

"Umm..." Alabaster spoke up. "Isn't...isn't Valland over at Vestibulum?" She asked Margot as she looked up at her. She pulled out a small parchment and looked down before nodding. "Yep, I haven't looked there yet..." She mumbled loudly as she tucked away the paper. "I hope you won't mind if I joined one of you for a journey after I pick up what I need?" @themediocregatsby @Bea Delaine

Nephele, thinking she was to go alone, was a bit surprised when she heard Margot initiate a question. She nodded slowly, unsure if it was just curiosity or more interest.

"Y..yes. Valland. I would not mind company if you're up to it..?" She answered with curiosity in why Alabaster would like to travel so far from getting to Frigus.

She pointed out the door into the icy cave. "All stores are through there. I hope you know bartering well, or else everything will seem much more expensive than need be."

Margot thought for a moment, knowing that this is what she had been fearing. However, it's not like she had anywhere to go when she made it to Frigus.

"Where are you going after Valland?" She further implored, doing her best to sound like it was simple curiosity.

@Metaphysics

@NetherLightGod

((I'm not really sure how to continue this, but I'll do my best))

"So, you do have somewhere to go." Jem continued, noting the girls eagerness to get away. When he saw the opening, however, he took it.

"Do you live in Valland? I mean, do you know your way to the apocathary?" He let his smile drop into a mask of a concerned-but-not-to-concerned stranger.

The White Witch stared at the man for a moment. "A-Ah...no actually. I don't as I am fairly unfamiliar with Valland. I don't think the Apothecary here will have the materials I am looking for, they might have a few things but I'll make do with it and I am certain they'll have vials..." She answered though the last part seemed to be directed for herself. She sighed lowly and shyly kicked at the ground. "Would you...ah...um...take me to the Apothecary?

@themediocregatsby

Jessabelle started at the two cards in front of her. She raised an eyebrow at the man.

"Excuse me? You're the one who hounded me for a reading and now you won't read me? What the hell is your deal?" She asked, crossing her arms. This guy was really starting to get on her nerves. First he hounds her for a reading, and when she finally agrees he starts the reading and then tells her that someone in her near future is going to die and then wont read anything else? What was his deal?

Rylo looked up with a glare before reaching forward and sweeping the row of cards up and into a box. "You heard me. Closed for the day. Move on." Rylo said with a glare before standing and turning to walk down an alley conveniently behind him.

Or rather intentionally behind him. Rylo always set up where he could make a quick escape if need be. This alley was perfect.

"Hey! Wait a minute pal!" She called out to the man. She reached her hands forward and whispered "Gelu" Icy blue magic waved around the man's legs, holding him in place with ice. Jessabelle chuckled softly to herself and walked over to the man. She stood in front of him and crossed her arms with a smirk. "Now, you going to tell me what the hell is your deal?" Jessabelle always enjoyed her powers.

"Bad move..." Rylo growled before barking out his next word, "Combustione!" With a crack the ice exploded outwards in harmless shards. Rylo followed this up with another word, "Aether!" He shouted as a chill wind launched him up and over the woman. Rylo came down hard on the other side, landing in a crouched motion that allowed him to transfer some of his momentum into a burst of speed. Rylo took off down the alley, throwing a glance back to see if an additional intonation would be required.

Jessabelle whipped around and yelled "Nix!" Suddenly, a large, heavy, puff of snow dropped onto the speedy man. Jessabelle ran after him and yelled "Gelu" Freezing him from the waist down, and his mouth this time. Once caught up she glared at him. "Now look here dude." She said "Something's up and you're not telling me what it is. I will unfreeze your mouth and you're going to tell me what you're not telling me. Any hint that you scream out some more magic and I'll freeze all of you. Got it?"

Rylo glared at the woman. So... she was decent at least. He'd not give her another chance though. Clever move freezing his mouth though... too bad she'd underestimated him on that front. There was one weird Rylo was able to invoke through thoughts alone, having discovered this by almost blowing up his camp site months ago. Highly useful not only in combat with his thrown cards... but also in a situation like this.

'COMBUSTIONE' Rylo intoned in his mind as his eyes conveyed a smirk to the woman. The ice surrounding him once again blew up, including the pieces around his mouth. "AETHER!" he snarled, directing a gust of air her way before he spun on his heel, "Celeritate!" He growled this time as he took off at a run far faster than anyone could hope to keep up with down the alley. For good measure he threw back his hand and shouted, "Gravitatem!" causing gravity itself to reverse behind Rylo and send any incoming attacks in the opposite direction.

Jessabelle flew into the air and smashed into the building behind her. She crashed to the ground with a loud thud. She let out a screech and gripped her arm.

"Shit...." she whispered to herself. She looked down at her arm and tried to lift it up, with no avail. She looked back at where the man fled and with her good arm she reached out and said "Gelu." But when the magic lept from her hands, it backfired and froze her arm into place. "Damn it!" She exclaimed and unfroze herself. She gripped her arm as she slowly got up and headed back towards her father's bookstore.

"I wouldn't mind at all." Jem admitted to himself that he was interested in whatever this woman was doing looking for alchemical ingredients, and why she had traveled all the way to Valland to get them. Tentatively, he began to walk down the street, giving her a moment to catch up.

"So, what exactly besides ingredients brings you all the way to Valland? I mean, if they don't have all the ingredients, why bother?" He paused for a moment. "Or was it something else? I know the God's have displaced a lot of people."

@NetherLightGod

The White Witch cringed at the mention of the Gods. She shook her head and caught of with the man and shrugged. "I am working on Crystalization potion bomb. It's not exactly perfect and thus is still in the experimental stage. I've run out of ingredients to make more and the place where I normally get them won't restock for another week so I decided to come out of the forest to see if I can get them here..." She answered then she went silent for a moment. "As far as the gods go...I do intend to one day do something about it but I feel that my magic is still too weak to take them on now." She paused again before turning her head slightly to look at the dark male. "Ah, that's right..." She suddenly spoke, her voice suddenly monotone. "What's your name?"

@themediocregatsby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back