• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

CinnabarIsland

- Entries are closed -
Group RP with Atarashii Atarashii Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork CinnabarIsland CinnabarIsland

Plotline-
you came from a previous time line and are now stuck in modern day. You have to get used to living in the modern day with all the technology advances/lifestyles/people etc. You meet new people along your journey and grow close with them, you soon forget the life you used to live before. Until a way shows up for you to be transported back to your past life. In exchange for living the life you were meant to live, you lose the people you grew close with back in modern day. Are you willing to let go of the friends and potential lover(s) you made to go back to where you're meant to be or would you rather stay and forget those back at your real home?
-
Character Sheets:

Present
-
Name:
Appearance: (insets image or description)
Place of birth/current:
Other/Background:

Past
-
Name:
Appearance: (insets image or description)
Place of birth/current:
Era/origin: (year/era)
Other/Background:
-

Last edited:
My Characters
⚜️
~Modern~
Name: Riku
Gender/pronouns: he/Him/They/Them
Appearance:
8F58D453-ACEE-4AF2-BB0D-7A626DA442CC.jpeg
Place of birth/current : born and raised in Japan recently moved to the US
Other/Background:
Riku was a lonely child growing up and wanted to become a teacher from a young age. He lost his parents and has to fend for himself in hostels from the age of 14. He traveled to the US for a better life and job opportunity that Helped him to up and leave Japan.
He has a crush on someone who he is too scared to ask and afraid for being judged,he Seems pretty chill and easy going, not so easy at making friends but can get flustered a little in some situations especially when mentioned about his two different eye colours. Can also be easily influenced to do anything. ie. Being bossed around, encouraged to try something even if he doesn’t like it.

⚜️
~Past Timer~
Name: Gerard (Rowntree)
Gender/pronouns: He/Him/They/Them
Appearance:
851A128D-B601-438C-A02C-6F0F76139666.jpeg
Place of birth/current: London/ Briton Transported to Modern Day US
Era/origin: (year/era) 1600’s
Other/Background:
He’s very methodical though can get stressed fairly easy with any signs of pressure. Smoking was new in so the habit was taken up fairly quickly to relief stress.
The invention of the telescope played an important role in advancing the understanding of Earth's place in the cosmos. So was starting to become a big deal.
The Early telescope was primarily used for making Earth-bound observations, such as surveying and military tactics.
He is is rich and if around his parents can be quite the spoilt child.
Very unsure of what he wants he feels there is something missing in his life.
⚜️
{Image credits to original owners}

Last edited:
Past-

Name:Vincent (Immernachtreich) (SyVeran)
Gender/pronouns:Male/He/Him/His
Occupation:Illegal alcohol importer/Maker/Seller. He oversaw many branches of alcohol companies during the prohibition era and earns millions from bootlegging and distributing booze. He is part of a mob along with Al Capone and many others.
Place of birth/current:Born in england and still has an accent but now lives in the USA. Illinois, chicago, the most affected area during the prohibition era.
Era/origin:1925/Prohibition era (1920-1933)
Other/Background:His mother and father are both dead since 1920. Father is german and his mother is japanese, both living in england when his mother gave birth to Vincent. When Vincent was 19 they all moved to the USA. He smokes heavily but drinks very little despite being in charge of bootlegging booze. He was married but is now divorced. His given last name is Immernachtreich but changed it to SyVeran for convenience. On legal documents it is Immernachtreich but anywhere else, he signs SyVeran.
Appearance:
3fc297a7b250634c36c0b73d5767ca89.jpg

Present-

Name:Isla (Dvalin)
Gender/pronouns:Female/She/Her
Occupation:Aspiring travel journalist but works as an article writer for miscellaneous websites currently.
Place of birth/current:Born in Munster, Ireland and has lived in australia as well. She moved to the USA when she was 20 and lives in an apartment building in the city the RP takes place in.
Other/Background:Worked as a photographer and still takes classes for it at a nearby university. Her parents both live in ireland and she visits them once a year or goes to australia to meet family members over there instead. She is the oldest of two, neither of them living in the USA either.
Appearance:
5f477ce6532e2069aca2c96b6007460a.jpg

Last edited:
Modern
Name:
Dominica Almánzar

Gender/Pronouns:
Female
She/They

Appearance:
C1C805B7-CED2-4375-BD47-3DD5ACFB95CE.jpeg

Veterinary Student
Cashier at a Convenience Store (Part-time)

Place of Birth/Current:
Born in Sacramento, California
Currently attending school in the city the RP takes place in

Other/Background:
WIP

Past
Name:
Evie Hill

Gender/pronouns:
Female
She/Her

Appearance:
A2885986-62EC-469C-BEC4-9389B9B70042.jpeg

School Teacher/ Wannabe Writer

Place of birth/current:
Born and raised in Santa Fe, New Mexico

Era/Origin:
1874/1870s
The Old West

Other/Background:
WIP​

Date:4/9/2022 (Saturday) Time:12:39 PM
It's the middle of april, The weather is chill with a slight breeze. The sun is shining along with some clouds decorating the sky and providing shade. The city is bustling despite it being late morning. Schools are in session along with some classes in nearby universities.

Isla had gotten home from grocery shopping for the week. She lugged the heavy grocery bags up the porch steps to her apartment building, pushing the door open with her body as she waddled awkwardly over to the elevator. She pressed the button for the third floor and waited to hear the DING and the elevator door opening. She slid her key in and unlocked the door to her apartment, kicking the door open and walking through the threshold. Closing the door and tossing the keys onto a counter right next to the door. She set the groceries down and stretched her arms.
*Jesus why is everything so heavy? I didn't buy that much.* She thought, frowning. She opened the bags and took items out, placing them in their respective places. It took her a bit and throughout it all, she did not notice a strange man appearing out of nowhere in her living room.

The man is dressed in a suit and tie, quite classy for someone sitting in an apartment of a middle class citizen. He is holding a cigar, wedged between his fingers as he looked around. Face showing disinterest at his predicament. He seemed quite calm despite randomly teleporting to a new place when before, he was watching a couple of his friends gamble on a poker table at a speakeasy. An illicit bar most notorious for selling bootlegged liquor. Isla didn't notice the man till she turned to the couch, expecting a blanket and a pillow ready for her to collapse into and watch netflix but was occupied by a mysterious man. She looked at him before she screamed.

"Who the hell are you?!" She yelled, reaching to grab anything that seems lethal enough to knock someone out. She produced a glass plate that had leftover scrambled eggs on it that she forgot to clean earlier this morning. The man gave a sigh and got up, looking around for a cigar tray.
"Do you have somewhere where i can put my gasper?" He questioned, gesturing to the cigar in his hand. When Isla didn't give an immediate answer he tossed it into a nearby potted plant. Isla backed away from the man, ready to smash the person into oblivion if he moved.
"I said. WHO. THE. HELL. ARE. YOU. AND. WHY. ARE. YOU. IN. MY. HOUSE?!" Isla screamed. The man shrugged and opened a box of cigarettes, ready to light another one. "Beats me. You look quite peculiar. What is that you're wearing?" When Isla demanded an answer he simply ignored her. "Put the screws on it if you want an answer."

Realizing she was not going to get anywhere with the mysterious man, she let him be and stomped off to her bedroom. Slamming the door shut and flopping on her bed. Contemplating what she was going to do now with a man speaking nonsense and having a british accent. She had gotten the feeling he was some sort of cosplayer or someone who dressed in the early 1900s but she couldn't pinpoint where exactly. It was driving her insane as she moped around, wondering if it was karma who cursed her to have this happen. Little did she know, two others were having the same problem.

Last edited:
The sun was shining and it was glorious but for Riku the sun had risen too early he turned over and placed the pillow over his head to block the light from shining on his face.
He had pulled an all nighter for essay work once again. Slowly lifting the pillow to see the laptop on the desk he rolled his eyes and turned away. It was only a small room he had nothing fancy.

He closed his eye for a moment longer “peace and quiet” he said before he was disturbed by some fumbling around. He didn’t open his eyes yet turned thinking it was the others around in their rooms. It was there again “what the heck is this?” The voice claimed as it picked up the laptop. “Extraordinarily flat wouldn’t you say?”he said observing it closely.

Riku jumped out of his skin at the person stood before him. “Whatt?…whoo? WHAT THE HECK YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?” He yelled at the peculiar person before him. “And would you put that laptop down it has my Essay’s on it! They are due on Monday!” He rushed over grabbing the laptop from him.
“Oh, pushy are we….Well if you must know I was about to ask you the same thing? Until you yelled it at me” he sighed walking to the closed curtains and opening them to look out the window “out of all places in the world I wake up having it be here, looking at you! I tomorrow have to accept the inventors awards you know can’t be seen loitering around this whatever you want to call it” he stood there looking around every aspect of the room and sighed “this is grand just grand!”he followed sarcastically saying.

Rolling his eyes he looked up and down at a sleepy Riku wiping his eyes “anyways why you still in bed?your young aren’t you? The world is your oyster and here you are the whole morning you’ve wasted by sleeping you know I made parts of the telescope during the time it’s taken you to get out that state of a pit you just leaped out off hmmm” he said tutting as he observed Riku who was still in a state of shock. “You going to make me a bowl of tee or just keep staring till your eyes burn?? You never seen another man before sure as heck ain’t acting like it… oh and if you will, only the finest leaves from the exchange please?” The man demanded prompting Riku to nod and look confused “errrrm a bowl? How about just a cup?” The man looked confused “ fine if you have in this whatever you call it, cup and saucer is fine.” Riku went to the small kitchen unit and pulled out a box of tea from the cabinet and looked back towards the man still observing everything “why the heck you dressed like that anyways?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back