• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Amelia herself remained in disbelief. She had aspirations her work would be noticed by influential people, but not until later down the road. She had only been reporting for close to seven years, that didn’t seem like long enough for her to be noticed by any means. Hanging up the phone with Jayden, she bit her lip, still in a daze but accepted Isabel’s hug, taking her daughter and holding her close. These were the kind of things she wanted to work towards for her kids to remember. She was elated. Especially for the story that was nominated for inpaticularly. It held personal value to Jayden, considering he was one of the statistics himself and by taking on such a project Amelia hoped by bringing awareness to a minority group of children, someone would step in to make their quality of life better. She decided in that moment if she won the prize she would donate the grant back to the families to the children she met in effort to help find them adopted homes and keep a pair of sisters together that she included in the piece. Like Chris and Jayden, the system was trying to separate the two little girls because of costs. Looking up at her best friend Amelia smiled, “Thank you, I wasn’t expecting it, but now I need a dress for the dinner.”

“We can arrange that. Today let’s focus on you and getting you what you need. We can always do the wedding planning another time.” Isabel said with a smile, driving the three of them to their favorite cafe, getting out of the car and walking inside while Isabel held her niece in her lap again after ordering what they wanted. “What are you going to do with the money if you win?” She asked Amelia gently, taking selfies with little Bel who seemed to giggle with every different filter they used on Snapchat. She was a precious baby and having her around gave Isabel baby fever but she didn’t think much on it. Taking a sip of her latte when it was placed in front of her, Isabel sighed from contentment. “I’m really proud of you, Lexus. I told you you would be the first to get recognized out of us. I’m rooting for you.”

“Oh shush, Isabel. Your time will come. It’s never been a competition. But if by a slim chance I beat out all the amazing people I’m up against, I was going to donate the grant back to the kids in Jayden’s name. It’s something he told me he always wanted to do, that’s why I reported it in the first place. I’m sure he’s more elated about this news than any of us could be.” Picking up here iced latte she sipped it happily and laughed as she watched Isabel take selfies with her niece. “You two are ridiculous when you’re together but I love it.”

"I know you love it." Isabel said with a laugh, smiling gently before she kissed her niece's cheek one last time before she continued to sip her latte. "Where do you want to go look for your dress? I'll buy it for you and no protesting about it because you are providing for three people right now. I've got it." She said softly. She would buy the dress with her own money and not the money Dawson now had get deposited into her account. She had been saving that money in case of emergencies. Thinking about some stores they could try out, Isabel beamed with excitement when she realized something. "I'll take you to Suri's shop! I forgot about it until now. She's was the night clerk my Freshman year. She makes beautiful pieces of clothing and her dresses are stunning. I promise she won't disappoint."

Despite the threat not to protest, Amelia did anyway, already knowing it wouldn’t make a difference. “It’s fine, Bel. I got it,” Amelia replied with a smirk at the glare that was shot in her direction. “We can go there, I trust you.” Continuing to sip her latte contently, trying to comprehend that this was happening. Looking at her phone she smiled at all the family congratulations, but ignored her sister’s sly comment about still being the better sibling, she always had a way of trying to ruin a moment so others would shower her with similar compliments. She had always been self-centered. Releasing a heavy sigh, Amelia set her phone on the table, rolling her eyes, sucking in her cheeks to signal her irration but released a breath. It wasn’t worth getting upset over. “What color do you think? It should be something simple so Jayden can match.”

"I was thinking a nice emerald. It suits both of your skin tones and compliments y'all's eye rather well." The photojournalist said with a gentle smile, grabbing her phone to text Suri and let her know that she would be stepping in with Amelia for a dress. As always, she responded as soon as possible and said she would be waiting for them. Finishing her latte, Isabel looked at her niece who smiled at her mother. "If you aren't too thrilled by the idea of emerald, what about navy or a deep plum?" She asked softly, sighing contently. "I will only suggest these colors for the event and nothing more."

“They’re all nice colors, we’ll have to see what there is to chose from.” Finishing her latte, she stood up, shaking her head when Isabel refused to hand off her niece. She didn’t mind because she knew Isabel didn’t get to see the two as much as she wanted to and Amelia aooericated the help of keeping the baby occupied though she knew she would be getting tired soon. In the end, Amelia decided on a floor length emerald dress that shaped her body well. Rolling her eyes when Isabel nearly fought her to pay for it Amelia relented, holding her sleeping daughter in her arms. “Thank you,” she said sarcastically as the two women walked out. Amelia didn’t bother to show Jayden the dress yet because she knew he would adore whatever she chose so she decided to keep it a surprise.

"You're welcome. Shall we head back home? I know little Bel is probably sleepy and needs a nap by now. Can we stop at Hobby Lobby first? I want to buy a board so we can start a story board for the wedding." She said with a bright expression, walking to her car and putting the dress in the back, hanging so it wouldn't get too wrinkled. After making the stop at the craft store, Isabel drove the three of them back to her house and began to make herself some lunch. "Do you want anything for lunch?" She asked Amelia, smiling when her niece fell asleep in her mothers arms. "I know she was getting sleepy. She's such a precious little girl and I wish I could see y'all more. Work is just hectic."

"Bel, it's okay, we understand," Amelia replied softly, rocking her daughter in her arms and kissing her forehead. Going to lay her on the couch she propped her in between two pillows. Sitting next to the sleeping infant on the couch, she declined the offer for lunch and gave Piper some attention when she pranced up to Amelia and laid her heavy head in the journalist's lap. "You're so precious, Piper. You make me want another puppy," Amelia admitted, kissing the lab's nose. "I think Jayden would hurt me if I tried to bring home another dog. The only reason he has Chloe was to impress me."

“I’m sure Jayden wouldn’t mind if you brought another pup home. He is a big softy after all.” Isabel called out from the kitchen, sighing contently as she made her sandwich and walked over to her niece and best friend, sitting across from her as she ate the sandwich happily, laughing gently when Piper yipped and sat at attention, waiting for food to fall and drop. “No ma’am. You know better.” Isabel said, eyeing the pup who whined. Giving in, Isabel snuck her a small piece of bacon, sighing contently. “I can’t wait until the dinner. I can’t wait to see pictures of you and Jayden. It’s going to be a beautiful night.” She said gently, smiling excitedly. “So, how have you been? We haven’t talked much about you and how everything’s going with you and Jayden. Is school going well?”

Shrugging, Amelia laughed, not sure how to reply. Not much was happening between her and Jayden that was noteworthy right now. They both were just working towards a better future for themselves. She went to work and then came home, staying up most nights to catch up on her schoolwork while Jayden did his own fulltime, taking care of their daughter. It was rough but they made it work between them because they both understood it wouldn't always wouldn't be like this, one day they would have more time for themselves but for now they had to set the groundwork. "It's still all the same. School is going well, still have awhile to go, but we'll both get there, eventually. It'll be worth it in the end. I know he's still trying to deal with the fact a huge part of his life is over. It's an adjustment period for the both of us but we are still on good terms about it all, if that's what you're hinting to," Offering Isabel a playful glare, she played with the band on her finger, a new habit she subconsciously picked up since Jayden placed the ring on her finger. "It's stressful, but will be worth it in the end. But now I'm kinda terrified to go home because there's no telling what he's up to now. He's a softy, but he also is a very prideful man. It sweet. It just makes me nervous because since we've been together this is the first big thing to happen to me and he's going to make sure to not let it go unnoticed. We'll see what he comes up with. Oh! Look what he did for Mother's Day!" Amelia exclaimed in a gaspy giggle, pulling out her phone to show Isabel the pictures of the scene along with the paintings he gifted her.

Isabel smiled as she listened to everything her best friend had to say. She assumed it was rough with both of them going back to school, not to mention Jayden going full time, and trading off between who watches her niece. It was along to do but Isabel knew they could do it better than anyone. Isabel nodded at Amelia saying Jayden would plan something because she knew he would. He wasn’t going to let Amelia getting nominated for a Pulitzer go unnoticed and uncelebrated. He was going to shower her in how proud he was of her and Isabel wished she could be there for it all but she couldn’t. Looking at the pictures, Isabel smiled at the two. “Awee, I forget he’s an artistic man. They’re so beautiful! Where did you put them?” Isabel asked Amelia softly, zooming into the picture to get a better look at the paintings. “Why is he such a talented person? I wish I could paint and play the guitar while having a stealth knowledge of business and CJ. Which speaking of, have you used your knowledge of CJ with him? Has he swooned over that part of you?” She asked curiously, finishing her sandwich before she got up to get some water to drink. She was so happy for Amelia and Jayden. They were such a cute couple and truly did suit each other. She couldn’t wait for the day the promise band was an engagement ring.

"I haven't had time to decide where to put them yet, I came straight here to see you," Amelia replied with a soft grin, laughing at Isabel's curious questions.Shaking her head, Amelia watched her ponytail sway side to side in one swift motion in hindsight. "I don't think he's caught onto just how much I know, but he does know I know some things given how he met me." Amelia offered, looking over her shoulder to check on her sleeping daughter. "I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually. He has plenty of time to piece it together." Now that Isabel's food was gone, Piper made her way back over to Amelia, laying down beside her feet, resting her head on her paws, becoming naturally protective of the infant she knew was in the room with the two women who were keeping Piper company.

"That's true, he does. I think when he fully realizes it, he's going to be impressed, among other things." Isabel hinted to with a wink, laughing softly at her best friends blush. "I'm kidding." Isabel was quick to counter, sighing softly out of contentment. She enjoyed the company in the once lonely house and wished her best friend and niece didn't have to leave. Sighing gently, Isabel told them goodbye when they left that weekend, going back out to the ranch after to spend her day with Sicily. He brought her a sense of comfort and the stallion could tell Isabel needed company.

When Amelia and Isabel arrived back home, Jayden was quick to pick the two up from the airport, smiling as he put their bag into the trunk of the car and set Bel in her car seat. Strapping her in, he smiled when he heard Amelia say something. Looking up, he smiled when she found roses and chocolates on her seat. "That's not all of your present but it is a small portion of it. I'm so proud of you, Amelia." He said softly, kissing her gently and lovingly with a whole newfound admiration. The story that was chosen meant a great deal to Jayden and Amelia knew that. "Do you want to grab lunch at our favorite or do you want me to make us tacos at home?" He asked softly.

“There doesn’t need to be more, but thank you.”Amelia replied, but accepted the kiss, wrapping her arms around Jayden, pulling him into a hug. Looking up st him she smiled, “Since you want to be so full of surprises, surprise me,” she whispered before she pulled him into another kiss before they got into the car to drive off. Once inside, Amelia smiled when Jayden intertwined their hands together. She missed him while she was away but was happy to see Isabel and know that she was going to be okay in the long run. “Isabel said she missed you and expects you to tag along next time. She’s feeling a lot better now that she knows Dawson is alright. I pray it says that way.”

As Jayden began to drive away from the airport, he smiled softly at what Amelia had to say and nodded. "I promise next time I will tag along. The exam wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm glad she's feeling better, though. We all pray he's going to be alright. Has he gotten a date to leave yet?" He asked Amelia softly, knowing fully well there wasn't a chance he had but it didn't hurt to be optimistic. Jayden decided instead of cooking, he would take Amelia to her favorite restaurant. As they pulled into a parking, he was quick to get out and take Bel out, carrying her by his side as he held Amelia's hand in his free hand. "Nothing but the best for my favorite gal. Let's enjoy lunch." He said with a smile, leading the two women of his life inside, sitting at the booth given to them, setting Bel and her carrier next to him in the free space of the side he sat in. "How was Texas? Did Bel shower you in congratulations when she found out you were nominated?"

“I don’t think Dawson will know when he’s coming home for awhile, Love. He hasn’t been gone that long, though it must feel like an eternity for Bel, I’m sure.” Taking his hand, Amelia followed Jayden inside her favorite restaurant and took her seat happily across from him, ordering a strawberry margarita and a plate of nachos to start, she folded her napkin elegantly in her lap and nodded at Jayden’s questions. “Of course she did, she already bought the dress I’ll be wearing for the dinner. I’m sure you’ll like it, but I have to say, you are my biggest shower of compliments,” winking, she sipped the margarita contently when it was brought to her. “How was your week? Was it peaceful without us?” Amelia teased, laughing when the nachos were brought to the table and their daughter began to fuss because unlike her aunt, no one was sharing with her.

Jayden decided to order a margarita himself, on the rocks like he usually did, because this restaurant knew how to make them right. Smiling at her teasing question, Jayden sipped his margarita before taking a nacho to eat. "My week was quiet. I'm not going to say peaceful because being alone isn't something I enjoy. I missed the two of you a lot through the week, but it was much easier to study for my exam without our princess fussing." He said truthfully, eating his nacho before he took Bel out of her seat, putting her in his lap as he tried to get her to stop fussing. "Bel, love bug, what's wrong? Mommy and I are both here." He said softly, rocking the little girl before he watched her reach for a nacho. "No ma'am." He said softly, taking her hand and holding it. "Her lovely Aunt let her eat table food, didn't she?" He asked Amelia with a shake of his head.

“She didn’t, don’t be so quick to blame her, that’s not nice. Our child is just very food motivated,” Amelia said, sipping her drink contently through Jayden’s glare. “She’s fine. It’s time to start introducing her to new foods anyway. She’s got teeth and they hurt,” Amelia said defensively. Being the mother that she was, Amelia wanted her daughter to build a strong immune system so she opted to nurse her daughter for as long as she could, but was slowly starting to switch her diet because she didn’t have as much time anymore with her hectic schedule. “We can get her some sweet potatoes. She likes those.” Amelia said, her smile broadening when Bel seemed to giggle and slap the table excitedly at the suggestion. “We have to find someone to watch her for the dinner,” Amelia reminded Jayden before the waiter came back and Amelia ordered her usual fajitas and Bel’s sweet potatoes. “How do you feel about wearing emerald?” Amelia asked, with a cocked eyebrow, curious to know Jayden’s reaction, knowing he would do it regardless of how he felt about it.

Jayden sighed softly at what his significant other had to say in regards to their daughter and changing her diet. He knew both Amelia and Isabel were right about allowing the little girl to eat table food, but Jayden as the father wished their daughter would stop growing so fast. "Sweet potatoes it is." He said softly, smiling at how excited their daughter got at the mention of it. Kissing her head, Jayden ordered fajitas himself, taking another sip of his margarita with a smile. "Emerald? I think it's a sharp color. Is that what we're wearing? I don't disagree." He said with a beaming smile. "It seems like the perfect color for the occasion. We can get Chris to watch Bel, or maybe my sister would be a better choice." He said with a laugh, sighing gently. "Or would you prefer to leave her with Isabel? I'm sure Isabel wouldn't mind flying up that weekend to watch her niece for us. Plus we both know she's going to keep as many tabs on the dinner as she can." He added, ordering some apple juice for their daughter since she continued to reach for her father's margarita. Smiling when the juice was brought to him, he held the straw to Bel's mouth and admired just how intelligent the little girl was. Sipping the juice happily, she pulled away with a giggle and bright expression. "I wish she would stay little forever."

Setting the drink down and delving back into the full plate of loaded nachos, Amelia sighed. "Don't assume Isabel will watch her, she's been loading her schedule with assignments and I don't want her to feel obligated when we have other options. As for the color, I'm glad you agree." Forking an impressive pile of savory goodness on her appetizer plate, Amelia stole all the chips with the most cheese and toppings and looked back up to Jayden after she tried so daintily to eat the chip without drawing too much attention to herself because was was always self conscious since her grandparents taught her how to be proper from a young age. Watching Jayden react to their daughter trying something new, Amelia shook her head. "Honey, you have a long time before she's not little anymore. I'm sure as she ages she'll only love ya more. I do." Winking, Amelia tried to finish her nachos before their fajitas were brought to them and when they were, she smiled excitedly. After building her first one, she quickly took a bite and danced happily in her seat as she watched Jayden tried to feed Bel. She was going to warn him the potatoes might be too hot but before she could say anything she watched him check them with his finger. Even though Jayden basically took on the role of full-time parent while Amelia reversed and took on primary provider. it still warmed her heart whenever she saw Jayden care for Bel. In their daughter's opinion though, her dad was taking to long to feed her so she began to cry in dissatisfaction.

Sighing at his daughter who began to fuss, he got her attention by calling her name, smiling when her cries turned to sniffles and she looked at her father curiously. "Hi there, princess. I know you're hungry but your food is too hot and I don't want you to burn yourself." He said gently, taking half a spoon full of the potatoes before he blew on them to cool them down, feeding them to her with a smile. Bel happily ate what her father was feeding her, swallowing them before she giggled in excitement. Looking up at Amelia, Jayden smiled gently at her. "I love you more and more as the days go by. Trust me." He said softly, making himself a taco with the fajitas and took a bite, humming in satisfaction by how well they tasted. "This restaurant never disappoints." He said gently, taking turns between feeding Bel then feeding himself. It was a peaceful lunch, overall. "So, if not Isabel then my sister? I'm sure she wouldn't object."

"We'll figure it out love," Amelia reassured Jayden as she continued to enjoy her meal and watching Jayden interact with their daughter. Taking his hand when they left Amelia was nervous to know what was going to happen next that he hinted towards previously. He had already done enough to show her he was proud of her achievement. Though, she didn't do her work for the recognition, she really just wanted to help the people she got the opportunity to meet and having the opportunity to make their lives better by portraying their stories for the public to see. "Where are we going to next?" she asked curiously, secretly hoping it was home because of how tired she was from traveling but wanted to give Jayden his moment to express to her how happy he was for her. It was a sweet gesture she still wasn't entirely used to.

"Home, my beloved, but what's at home is a different story." Jayden said with a bright expression, kissing her hand before he but Isabel back in the backseat, getting into the drivers side where he held Amelia's hand out of habit and drove home. When the family of three arrived home, Jayden got his daughter from the car and smiled as he walked inside with Amelia. Opening the door, everything seemed just as it was when the two had left, except for their room. Setting Isabel in the nursery, Jayden smiled as their daughter fell asleep. He was grateful because he wanted to show Amelia the room. Leading her to their room, he opened the door and smiled. Flower petals layered the floor and rose petals laid on the bed. On her side of the bed were face masks, a new coffee mug, and some of her favorite books. "Last gift of the day is for you to spend entirely how you want. Whether it be by sleeping or reading, take the day to yourself." He said gently, lighting the candles on their dresses. When she pulled him to the bed, however, Jayden was confused. "May I help you, Amelia?" He asked gently, laying beside her as he cupped her left cheek with his right hand, kissing her softly. "I am so proud of you."

“This is cute, but I want to spend the day with you,” Amelia whispered softly, before she returned his kiss, getting excited by the silence. It means they had time to themselves. Setting the things Jayden picked out for her to the side she promised to use them later before she curled into him like she used to when it was just the two of them and they had time to waste. Now it seemed like they hardly ever got to lay next to each other. With Amelia’s work schedule, she stayed up most nights either working or schooling and when she took naps, Jayden was with their daughter or doing his own homework. Taking in his scent, she smiled when she felt his heavy arm wrap around her, and soon, she fell asleep, just like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back