• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Amelia listened to the ramble with nothing but an excited grin but it soon turned to confusion when she talked about land. Land for what? She wasn't grasping what Isabel told to her until the very end of her speech and the journalist was able to put all the pieces together for herself. Immediately the tears began to fall down her cheeks both because of the news, it was a speechless act of kindness Amelia would never be able to repay Dawson for and because this only compliaceted the situation between her and Jayden but she didn't want to ruin Isabel's day and Dawson's genorsity with her own self doubt. This was going to happen. They were going to have their dream. "Nothing, I just wasn't expecting that." The tears turned into huge rivulets that fell down her face now. She wasn't going to give this up. This wasn't happening. It had to be a dream. It threw her for a loop. "I just don't know how Jayden's going to take it but we'll work it out."

Isabel blinked when she heard what Amelia said, sighing softly as she realized Amelia now had a family. Smiling weakly at her best friend, Isabel shook her head. "No, Amelia. I totally forgot about our families." She whispered softly, sighing again as she put her face in her hands. She knew this was their dream and they were so close to making it a reality but Isabel couldn't bring herself to come between Amelia and Jayden, especially now that they had her mini me. "We can resell the lot, maybe try this another time in life," she said softly, seeing Amelia get irritated by what she said. "Don't be upset, Melia. It's okay. Sometime life doesn't go as planned and that's alright. I can't get mad at you if what's best for you and your family is to stay where you are. I can't get upset about that." She said gently, smiling at her through the screen. "We'll have our company some day."

"Isabel stop, please." The tears were still streaming her face and the desperation in her voice was severe. She didnt want to give this up. Not after everything she changed about herself to make this work. It wasn't fair, but she did care about her daughter and didn't want to tear her away from her father or leave her behind to carry out her biggest dream. Why did things have to be so complicated? Why couldn't she have it both ways? Would Jayden understand? "You should start it. For the both of us, Dawson did a nice thing and I don't want to ruin it. Take it and do what we set out to do. Don't give it up. It would make Dawson feel stupid. Don't do that to him. Please. I'm happy for you. You have an incredible man."

Listening to what Amelia had to say, Isabel bit her lip and shook her head. She couldn't find the will do complete something so grand if her best friend wasn't going to be running it beside her. "It's okay. We'll keep the lot but I won't start on anything. Maybe one day our grande office will be there. "You also have an incredible man, Amelia. I'm not sure what happened between y'all but I know he loves you with every fiber of his being. Y'all are a cute family that I will always love and cherish. No doubt about that." Sipping some more of her coffee, Isabel smiled when she saw Dawson wake up and watch her from a distance. "Your coffee just finished brewing love. It's by the fridge." She said softly with a bright smile.

Sighing at Isabel's comment she just nodded at what Isabel had to say about Jayden. Amelia knew her best friend was partial to him because of how sweeet he was, and while Amelia adored this attribute herself, it couldn't make up the entirety of their relationship now that they did have a daughter to raise together. She was unsure sheathed she should mention the lot or just leave it for a later date when Jayden would be willing to accept such a turning point. Hearing Isabel talk to Dawson before she smiled at his reply. "Hi Dawson! Thanks for telling me you wanted my best friend all to yourself!" She teased as she watched him come into the frame of the screen. "Congrats, in happy for you both, I'll let you two love birds go, I should go find my daughter. I haven't seen her all morning."

"Give her a big hug and a kiss from us, okay?" Dawson said with a gentle smile at the journalist, waving when she did. "Take care!" Isabel said happily, not wanting to tell Dawson what just occurred between her and her best friend. She didn't know how he would react so she decided to keep it a secret for now. "Did you sleep well, Six?" She asked him with a bright smile, kissing his gently and pulling away when he tugged at his black button down shirt. "Leave me alone. You're shirts are comfortable to wear in the mornings. Plus since they're baggy, I don't have to put on a bra either." She said teasingly, sipping her coffee some more as she thought about her and Amelia in the back of her mind.

Jayden returned home with Isabel shortly after the FaceTime the two journalists had. Smiling softly at the woman who stole his heart, she kissed her head as he held Isabel in his arms. "Hi love. Are you feeling good? Did you get some rest?" He asked softly, setting the sleeping child on the couch before he made way to the kitchen to prepare something light for them to eat. "Are you hungry?" He asked, not really knowing his place anymore. He knew they would get through this but things were still awkward for the two of them.

"This explains why I come home to a closet full of empty hangers and a load of nothing but shirts when I haven't been here in weeks. I am glad to know the mystery is solved," Dawson teased before he pulled her closer against his calmly beating chest. The morning was peaceful and he wanted to take in these last moments of tranquility before he had to head back to his reality of being Commander. "So Amelia sounded happy about the news, I guess that makes us really official huh?" Sipping his coffee in slow sips, he laughed as he watched Piper pounce her way into the living room with Isabel's new heel being dragged behind her. "Uh oh, Piper. Looks like you got yourself into some big trouble here, puppy."

When Jayden made his way back into their home Amelia smiled at his affection towards her, becoming slightly disappointed when he pulled away from her quickly. She knew this was her fault. She made him feel like he was an intrusion on her space. You called him a stranger. Even though she knew it was wrong of her after what she said to him the day before, Amelia just wanted Jayden to see that she was upset and comfort her until she wasn't anymore. She was happy for Bel and Dawson, Isabel deserved the man that made her the happiest Amelia had seen her in awhile. and they deserved to have a family of their own. but now that Dawson made their dream so much closer to being a reality Amelia, like Isabel wanted to put it on the fast track even though she knew this wasn;t the right time since her and Jayden needed to work on their relationship first and leaving now would only make it worse. Blinking, Amelia came back to reality when she heard Jayden ask her if she wanted to eat, and even though she wasn't really hungry, she knew he was trying to make some sort of amends for yesterday so she agreed while she watched their daughter sleep. "Food sounds nice, what are you making?" she asked, making small talk until she couldn't anymore. The news of her best friend's engagement and the plot was too much for Amelia to hold back, so she cut Jayden off mid-sentence, unable to handle the anticipation anymore. "Bel and Dawson got engaged last night," she confessed finally. "And he bought the plot of land we were eyeing to build the company, you know, the one I told you we wanted to start together. He bought it but I feel awful because I ruined the moment for Bel because I told her I couldn't just pick up my life and move it to Texas right now when we just settled here and I don;t want to do that to you or the family you just rekindled with, it would be selfish of me so we decided to hold off and keep the lot for a later date."

Isabel laughed softly as she listened to her fiancé ramble about the mystery being solved, happily leaning against him as she matched her breathing to his. "I always wash your shirts before you come home so stop over exaggerating. You never have to wash a load." She said with a giggle, savoring the moment of peace while they had it. She knew soon Dawson would have to go back to his normal pilot routine and she would have to start taking more assignments again. When the Photojournalist saw the heel being dragged away by Piper, isabel felt her heart breaking, sighing softly as she shook her head. "Piper, not my heels!" She exclaimed softly, walking over after setting her coffee down to grab it, inspecting it only to find indentions from the puppy's teeth. "Dawson." Isabel said softly, trying not to cry over a pair of heels but sighed when he pulled her close. "These were so pretty." She pouted, looking down at Piper who sat at their feet, looking up at her owners with her head tilted curiously, whining when she sensed Isabel become upset.

As Jayden made pizza for the two of them, he stopped as he listened to what Amelia had to say, taking it all in as best as he could before he looked up at her with a soft expression. "I'm happy for Isabel and Dawson. They deserve a future together considering how happy they make one another. What I'm sorry about is the company." He said softly, walking over to Amelia as he pulled her close, calming his breathing before he kissed her head. "You could always move to Texas, Amelia. I have to stay here for at least six months with the force. I can't just leave them like that but you can go with our daughter. I'll drop in and visit. I want you to achieve the dream even if I can't be there for the start of it." He whispered softly, kissing her head once more before he took her hands in his and released a deep breath. "But if we decide this is something you want, I have something to give you first. Chris is watching Bel for us tonight because you and I have plans. Everything is set in stone and you can't back out of them. You'll enjoy them, I promise. We'll consider it a date night for the both of us since I think we need sometime alone, don't you?" He whispered softly, watching her look away from him. He never liked when she did that and he wasn't going to stop himself from being affectionate now. He tilted her chin up and kissed her gently yet lovingly, pulling away with a smile. "Please? You won't regret it."

Watching Isabel chase the two month old puppy around the living room for the heels she only got to wear one time, Dawso couldn't help but laugh, until he saw Isabel start to get upset. "Awe love, it's okay. Come here." Dawson said, standing up and holding out his arms to her he pulled her into an embrace while she mourned the loss of the navy heels he just bought her. "Piper thought they were pretty too that's why she stole them." In a dramatic sigh Dawson inspected the heel himself. "Piper, I spent enough money on these shoes to buy you enough toys for your entire life." Dawson explained to the precious puppy at his feet. "You're lucky you're still a baby or Isabel would have you disowned."

Amelia wasn't expecting that kiss, and when she received it she backed out of her natural reaction but soon regret it, quickly receprstimg the kiss before Jayden had a chance to over think his actions. "Okay, I'll come, but I still don't think the company is the best thing to start right now. Isabel understands, we'll get to it eventually. I just don't think now is the time. We've already been through enough for now, I'm not taking our daughter away from you and leaving doesn't fix our relationship. Before I take on the one dream I don't want to let go of, I want to make sure we're in s food place as a couple I appericate the offer though, I know it wasn't easy to suggest."

Isabel sighed softly as she looked down at the puppy. "Since you're still young I suppose I'll let what you did go." Isabel said with a smile as Piper continued to look at them curiously, barking excitedly before she ran off to get one of the chewing bones Isabel had given to her the day before. Looking at the heels, Isabel sighed softly before she looked at Dawson. "How much were these heels, exactly?" She asked him, now curious since he said they costed him enough money to buy Piper toys for her whole life. Taking Dawson's hand, she lead him to the couch where she grabbed her coffee and drank the last of it, sitting down as she smiled at the pilot. "When do you have to leave me again?" She asked him softly, hoping it wasn't any time soon. She knew he was leaving rather soon, however, because of the sweet kisses he gave her and him saying not to think about that right now. Sighing softly, Isabel closed her eyes as she curled against him, nodding as she placed her head on his shoulder. Them leaving one another was never easy.

Jayden nodded as he listened to Amelia, holding her close against him gently. "Okay. Our date starts at six o'clock sharp tonight. It'll be a fun night and I'm hoping you'll enjoy it." He whispered softly, kissing her cheek before he pulled away and lead her to the kitchen. "Care to help me make our pizza?" He asked her with a smile, kneading the dough and flattening it out before he let her put the ingredients on top. "I've learned how to make pizza now all thanks to you." He said with a smile, looking over at their daughter who continued to sleep. "She just loves sleeping, doesn't she?" He said softly, putting the pizza in the oven before he began cleaning, going to sit on the couch next to Isabel and held Amelia against him, turning on the tv and began watching whatever crime show was on. Jayden never liked them but he did enjoy watching them to pick out everything wrong in them.

Now that Dawson had Isabel, he found himself often times dreading leaving for work where as before he couldn't wait to leave. He still loved to fly, that was no question and he loved the allegiance he had to the men and women he worked beside but when he was away from his fiancee for long periods he almost felt lost without her. Though he also respected her and her line of work now that he knew more about it, they were both public servants doing good for society and Dawson took pride in knowing he found a woman who was just as driven in her career as he was. It made their relationship work in the way many would think would drift them apart. He was thankful to have such a caring woman who understood what his calling was and didn't make him sacrifice it to be with her. He knew too many women who would try to manipulate him into doing so. As they laid together, he enjoyed their tranquil silence, until he heard Piper's obnoxious chewing. "Piper! What are you doing?" Dawson called, smiling at hearing her paws thud against the floors. "Come here, you troublemaker."

'Leave her alone. She's still so little and she's quiet when she sleeps," Amelia replied in a smile. Even though her daughter was not the most well behaved at her young age, often leaving Amelia overwhelmed when she felt like she was providing adequately for her daughter's needs, the love she left for her was overwhelmingly indescribable. Picking her up gently from the couch, Amelia laid her gently in her arms, careful not to wake her. Feeling how cold her arms were, she was quick to cover in her usual blanket and laughed at Jayden while he pointed out everything that was wrong in the show they were mindlessly watching together. "Stop!" she exclaimed teasingly in a whisper. "You always have to ruin it and these are my favorite! There's a reason I started in investigative crime."

Giggling at Dawson, Isabel watched the puppy make her way over frantically, yipping once she was in front of the couch and her owners were in sight. Smiling, Isabel curled into Dawson a little more, closing her eyes as she savored the tranquility of their time together. Piper didn't enjoy being on the floor so she was quick to make her way up on the couch by jumping up. Squeezing herself between Dawson and Isabel, the puppy curled into a ball, contently falling asleep just like one of her owners was. Isabel wasn't tired but she was taking in the time alone she and Dawson had together. His scent was always a comforting one and having him so close against her brought a sense of safety. "I love you." She mumbled in her sleep, releasing a soft snore as her slumber consumed her entirely.

Looking down at the journalist and their daughter, Jayden smiled but couldn't help releasing a chuckle at what he heard Amelia say. "You act as though you've never pointed out the wrong in these shows too with your CJ background." He teased, knowing Amelia hated whenever he mentioned how much she really knew regarding the criminal justice system. Kissing her nose as she scrunched it up in irritation, Jayden smiled once more before he continued to mindlessly watch the show. "I find it attractive that you know so much regarding CJ. It's comforting in a sense."

"I'm glad you find me knowing how to get away with a gruesome murder attractive. Luckily, I decided against law school before I let it consume me to becoming miserable," Amelia teased, checking the timer on their early lunch before they continued to watch the show together. "For a little while I wanted to be in CSI before I learned I didn't have the stomach for it. Forensics secretly stole a piece of me. I could never commit a crime, I have two tented arches on the same hand," Amelia commented referring to the type of fingerprints she had, tented arch being one of the rarest patterns. "I hated trying to identify fingerprints at first because I always failed those damn tests." Picking up their daughter's tiny hand Amelia ran her thumb over it while Bel slept peacefully. "I got a 100 when I recited the Miranda rights though so don't ever try to gip me of my rights or I'll have your case against me thrown out. My CJ two teacher even taught us how to pass a polygraph test and still be lying. I don't get why y'all still use those. They're so easy to be deceiving. They don't actually measure truthfulness, just brainwave activity so you can put a thumbtack in your shoe and focus on the pain and it'll come off as normal brain activity." She knew Jayden probably already knew this but she realized as much as he tried to make conversation to stimulate her interests she never did so for him and by the grin on his face, she could tell he was impressed more than usual. "In case you were wondering, I aced my interrogation skils test too. By the time I graduated everyone hated me because I had so much potential in your field but gave it up."

Jayden was so impressed by his girlfriend and her knowledge of CJ. He found it so attractive and he it showed by the enormous grin on his face. "I know who to call whenever I need someone to interrogate for me." He said with a wink, kissing her cheek gently before he chuckled excitedly at the thought of her having so much background in his favorite thing. "You know, I probably would've disliked you too if I was in your graduating class. How can you graduate with all of that and not go into the field." He said softly, looking back at the tv. "But I like you where you are now. A journalist. It's your calling and what you're meant to do in this world. I can't be upset over you not going the CJ route, but I would most definitely love for you to help me around in my field." He said with a smile. "Do you know how ready I am to be out of the office and doing field work again? I'm tired of staring at walls and paperwork all day long." Releasing an exaggerated sigh, he looked down at their daughter who adjusted the way she was laying and stayed asleep. She was a precious little thing and Jayden gently took her hand, rubbing it with his thumb before kissing it. "She's starting to look so much like you." He whispered softly.

"Because my grandparents thought they could beat the Journalism bug out of me if they forced me into grandpa's field because I admire him so much, but he later realized it was a mistake and apologized, but it was already too late. I was already well versed in CJ and I didn't regret learning any of it, for awhile I was convinced I really wanted to be a prosecutor but I don't know, a part of me still felt empty and I tried to ignore the fact Journalism made me whole. Because I was brainwashed into thinking I wouldn't get far and I was set on giving it up until I met Bel. She met me at a dark time in my life, when I was losing a lot of important people at once and didn't think I could make it through but helping her to grow and prosper, because believe it or not, she used to be really quiet and shy, into the loud spoken person she is now, gave me a reason not to give up the one dream I made for myself, for myself, not to please anyone. As I have a tendency to want to do. She made me realize not to give up on myself because I molded myself into being someone she could look up to, and it's always been like that but I don't think she realizes how much of who I am is because of her. I would be a totally different person if it wasn't for her. You wouldn't have met me, that's for sure. So blame her. I think our daughter, even though she may look like me is lucky to be named after such an incredible human being. I just, always wanted to be for her what she was for me and that's why I can't give up the dream. I owe her that much and I want you to understand I want this all to work, even if it has to be postponed, but I can't postpone it forever. We've waited our whole friendship to work together, to be in the same place. We have never been like you and Nick. We never have been at the same place at the same time without having to schedule it and be disappointed when it doesn't work out. I want her to be a part of our everyday lives, because she's important to me and I think our daughter should have the luxury to have her aunt in her daily life in the way I didn't for a very long time. It's important to me. Though I can't promise, your daughter won't pick up that obvious southern accent I can promise she'll be sourrounded by love and amazing inspiration. Plus Dawson has that jet and can bring us here whoever we ask." She teased. "Just think about it, okay?"

"I will. I now know how much Isabel means to you and I love it. It's like mine and Nick's friendship. I can't keep you away from your best friend when I've been fortunate enough to have mine all my life until recently. When you and Bel are ready to start the company, we'll leave in a heart beat but tell her not to sell the land. That's going to be used eventually." Kissing Amelia's head, Jayden was content knowing a little more about Amelia and Isabel. He now knew it was like to live away from your best friend and it was hard sometimes, but Jayden knew it wasn't fair Bel and Amelia were still separated from one another. Looking down at the journalist and their child, Jayden admired them. They were beautiful people he would always love and adore. He was going to ensure no harm came to them.

As night fell, Amelia found herself getting ready for the surprise evening Jayden had planned. As she slipped on the emerald green cocktail dress and black heels, she tried to remember the last time they had gone out together like this and she couldn't remember. Sighing at the thought, she pushed the negativity aside while she clasped the charm bracelet he gave her to her small wrist and looked back at herself in the mirror. Her dark blonde hair had grown out way past the usual length of her shoulders and back to being halfway down her back as it had been when she was a child. She didn't have time to maintain it since she had her daughter and didn't think much of it. most of the time she just decided to put in a high ponytail so it was out of the way, but tonight she curled it, secretly hoping for some dramatic effect. For once, her energy wasn't drained, forming bags under her eyes, which would also be dull but instead held some glow in their hazel hue. She wondered what Jayden had planned tonight. Where was he taking them? Would she like it? Would it just be a quick in and out escape from her new reality she still adjusting to? Regardless, she was overjoyed with the thought of not being cooped up in the house and to have him to herself. Jayden was right, this night was long overdue. "I see you staring," she finally commented, looking at him through the mirror teasingly when she previously pretended not to notice Jayden eyeing her from a distance. "Are you going to tell me what's going on or do you want to play twenty questions about it until I figure it out?"

Amelia was a beautiful woman that Jayden would always cherish and protect. She was his entire world, along with their daughter and the thought caused a bright smile to dance across his lips. When he was caught starring at the beautiful woman, he chuckled softly. "Of course you can see me watching. You're too beautiful not to watch." He said with a wink, walking over to her before he kissed her cheek and rubbed her shoulders. "It's all a surprise so you can't know until it happens. We can play twenty questions though. It won't give much away but if you really want to play I'd be happy to oblige."

"Ahhh you're such a suckup, I love it," Amelia replied in a cheerful giggle pulling the officer into a playful kiss. When the couple pulled away, Amelia's eyes glistened at his approval to play her little game. Of course, she knew Jayden expected her to ask questions that would unveil their evening, but Amelia, being the woman she was, could wait to find out. She knew Jayden had good intentions and where ever he was taking them, she trusted he would wow her, it never took much. Amelia was the type that just liked to be thought of, it never mattered to her how people showed her they cared, the smallest gestures meant just as much to her as Jayden's, who typically liked to be flashy. Instead, Amelia wanted to know about Jayden. She had twenty questions to find out. "Okay, but you have to answer them. In this game, there is no such thing as pass," Amelia said, laying down the only rule she had in mind before she asked her first question. She decided to start with something simple, she didn't want to deter him from her curiosity of who Jayden was a person; the full picture. She only had pieces and wanted the whole picture if they were going to be the kind of couple she knew he dreamed of being. "What made you want to be an officer? And don't give me the cliche answer of wanting to change the community. What drove you? Opps, second rule: Follow-ups don't count as part of the twenty. Deal?"

"Okay. I will follow your rules for this game, Amelia." He said softly, smiling at her before he planted soft kisses along her shoulder and sat on the bed, shaking his head when he realized what type of questions she would be asking. He loved the thought of her finally being able to get the whole picture of his life so he wasn't complaining. To tease however, he opted to pass this question, laughing at her protest. "I'm kidding love. I am." He said softly, thinking about a response. "What drove me to be an officer? You chose a hard question. I've always wanted to be a police officer, ever since I was little. Back then I loved the thought of catching bad guys and saving others. What really drove me was wanting to prove to my parents, wherever they are, I could become something great despite having the background I did. It felt natural for me to become an officer considering seeing them most of my life was normal. I remember running away one time from my foster home and being found by Sergeant Gutierrez. He took me back and told me he understood it was hard to go through what I was, but that one day I could do what he did. That night I got to see everything in the patrol car and when I was eighteen he finally took me on a ride along. That day set my desire to be a police officer in stone. He was my guide growing up and like a father to me. We didn't see each other much when I was younger after that day but he remembered me and as a system child, that meant the world to me."

Listening to Jayden's anecdote, Amelia felt an internal warmth overwhelm her, bringing goosebumps to her arms. Jayden was an amazing person who overcame some of the toughest adversities Amelia herself could never imagine enduring. Being the empathetic person she was, she felt for him. It was then she recalled the reason they were drawn to one another so quickly is because in Jayden's eyes, Amelia went through some pretty horrific stuff herself, even if he didn't know the full picture yet, that was about to change. Rubbing her arms to keep her emotions in check, Amelia looked up to Jayden with the same kind of smile that caught his attention from the start. "I'm happy you found someone to look up to, it's important for young kids who go through rough situations to find people who inspire them. I believe it's their only gateway to getting out of the harmful situations they were placed in. I have always wanted to be that kind of person for children. It breaks my heart to see children grow up without a sense of empowerment to be something. Children deserve to feel like they can take on the world because that's where their first sense of confidence comes in. If they don't develop it then, there's a small chance they ever will." Folding her hands comfortably in her lap, Amelia looked into the mirror and stared at her reflection, the one she always found something to criticise about. "I'm sorry you had to go through never having the family you wanted until now, but from personal experience I can tell you it's not always better to be a part of the family you were born into. Sometimes they think because they are your blood, they're entitled to your eternal love and respect, even when they are really horrible people and when you're related and grow up around a horrible person you can feel guilty for not wanting to love them because of what they put you through." Sighing she looked up at Jayden, knowing he wanted to make sense of what Amelia was trying to tell him but it always ripped at her soul to have to admit to the kinds of people she was related to. "I can't bring myself to take Isabel away from you even for a day even though I know you would make the most of a temporary circumstance because I don't want her to ever have to live without you, even now, while she won't remember it because I spent my childhood wondering when my dad would ever show up, and when he did, I was too afraid to be with him. I still am terrified of him and I haven't spoken to him or the rest of his family in eleven years. He's an addict, Jayden. He's tried everything and it turned him insane. By the time I was sixteen I couldn't handle how much of a toxic person he was to me so his entire family disowned me. This is a story for a different time, because I don't want to ruin the night, but I just want you to know, that's why I can't and I won't take our daughter from you, even when we fight, because she deserves you as long as you are good to her." Now that Jayden knew this part of her past, Amelia felt a sense of relief overcome her. She knew after getting to know Jayden he wouldn't judge her for her truths, but they left a bitter taste in her mouth. She shaped herself into being a strong, stubborn, independent and humble woman, nothing like the man she came from, and she hated to be associated with someone who was so unfit to be a genuine human being. Despite knowing Jayden wouldn't look at her any differently, Amelia still held an irrational fear that he would but pushed it aside as she waited for him to ask her questions he had a right to have answers to.

Jayden listened intently to what Amelia had to say. He was consumed by an overwhelming warm sensation as he realized what exactly he was being told. She was opening up to hi and the thought made the officer happy. He knew he and Amelia were going to learn much more about one another and he was ready to know every aspect of Amelia's life. He could feel the slight anger boiling inside as she mentioned her father being an addict. He let the anger pass, however, not wanting to ruin the night. Hugging her from behind, Jayden planted sweet and soft kisses against her shoulder, smiling as he looked at their reflection in the mirror. "You're a strong and beautiful woman, Amelia. It's one of the many attributes I love about you." He whispered softly, kissing behind her ear, chuckling at her quick reaction to pull away. "My turn for a question now. Why did you want to become a journalist? I know you were born and destined to do it but why was it your specific calling?" He asked her softly, going to their closet to grab some clothes to change into for their date. He wanted to make sure he and Amelia matched so he decided to go with black slacks and a black button down with his emerald green tie.

"That's a loaded question, Jay. I never really knew the answer until I started college. I knew I wanted to be a voice but I didn't know for what group of people in particular. There were a lot of aspects that led to my decision, but the biggest one was the protection needed for minority groups. At the time, the political climate led to a lot of chaos and turmoil for people who were not white, rich men and the disgusting practices of discrimination and racism were big contributors to the policies being passed and I always felt a passion to stand up for the people affected by them. Granted, also at the time, white women didn't have much of a pass either, but still. I recognized the privilege I had and vowed to use it to become the voice for those being oppressed. That's why I wanted to become an international correspondent because that was my gateway into starting my concentration with forming relationships with minorities. I had to start small though, to get my foot in the door at some publication so that's why I chose crime because it interested me. But the aspiration to become an ally for the people who need one the most is still there, one day," Amelia replied in a soft and gentle tone clasping her hands over her bare knees and smiling towards Jayden while he rummaged through the closet. "Does that answer your question?"

Jayden smiled as he enjoyed the answer he got from Amelia regarding her career. It was a beautiful response that he appreciated and enjoyed how much they began to learn about one another. “I love you, Amelia. Now, your turn to ask another question but I need to eat ready for our lively night out which you will enjoy.” He said with a bright smile, going to change into his pants and shirt, asking her to tie his tie once his shirt was on. Taking her hand and twirling them, he chuckled softly as he admired her beauty. “You look stunning in this color. Let’s go. We have a schedule that we need to keep up with. We are having a lovely dinner tonight then a lovely surprise. That’s all you get to know since you wanted to know what exactly was going to happen. So let’s go.” Leading her out of the house, Jayden opened her door to the car and shut it after she got in. Getting into the car himself, he smiled at her. “You haven’t given me another question.” He said softly, kissing her hand then pulled out of their driveway.

"Because I'm thinking!" she exclaimed teasingly with a joyous giggle. "I have to get the full use of my twenty questions and I only have nineteen more." Tapping her chin extensively for emphasis she thought about the many things she could ask Jayden before she settled on her next question. "Where did you expect to be at this point in your life, before I stepped into it, I mean? You already know I was expecting to go abroad but I never bothered to ask what you gave up too, that was selfish of me, I'm sorry." Realizing now that Amelia had been focused on herself and where she was supposed to be before her and Jayden quickly got thrown into starting a life together, she never bothered to realize she wasn;t the only one who had to adjust. "Did you have a plan or were you just living in the moment? I know you didn't expect me, but I'm still convinced you chased me for a reason. Was I part of your plan?" Her last question intimidated her in a sense, it took her breath away to think that there was a possibility that it was Jayden's intention to rope her in all along, that it didn't happen so accidentally. Maybe he intended to prove to her he was interested and he wanted her in his life as more than just a friend from the start, even if he didn't plan for it to happen so fast, did he want her all along? The thought eased her own anxiety that she might after all not be a product of her family line and their history of late night hookups turning into the making of the next generation, and suddenly, Amelia hoped Jayden would reveal some grand scheme that he did in fact see her as being an ideal person to include in his overall plan, but she tried not to think too hard into the conspiracy, she didn't want to get her hopes up tp high to realize that her thinking this could be unbelievably unrealistic, and it was plausablie considering the idealist that was, but there was also still a chance that she was just a fling that Jayden soon felt obligated to make a life with because they took things too fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back