• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

"I can't promise you something like that, not right now, I can't control the future with how it's going." Slumping back into the couch Amelia looked to Jayden apologetically. She didn't know a lot about Jayden but she did know how sensitive he was when it came to keeping her in his life. She understood it was because the abandonment he must have felt when he was younger but the relationship they had right now was bound to diminish when they had to face each other's differences. Seeing the desperation in Jayden's expression, Amelia sighed. her chest getting heavy as if her heart was actually breaking for him. "I don't regret you, Jayden. It's just, I was supposed to be as close to perfect as someone can be. I know that sounds ridiculous, but if you had more time to question who I was you would know I had my whole life planned out by the time I was six. I was the first honors graduate in my family. with only two others to graduate before me in my mom's family line and they barely made it. I graduated and went to a prestigious private college where I graduated top of my class and had seven job offers by the time I walked the stage and of I, of course took the offer with The Washington Post because that was always my top choice. I settle for nothing less than what I planned and I didn't plan this. I didn't plan for my family to ever look me in the eye with disappointment because I was the golden opportunity, the greatest potential and I ended up becoming just like them because I let myself not be myself for one night. I don't want you to think I regret it, I just want you to know the woman you had that night is not the woman I am, or ever was before then. You just weren't part of the plan, this wasn't part of the plan and I know I should be able to accept that life changes, but it's hard for me, but I obviously care about you or I wouldn't be here or even entertained the thought of having Bel. I just want you to know who I am. That's all."

Pausing mid-bite, Dawson looked over to Isabel knowingly. "You went through my clothes last night? Is that what happens when I leave you unattended, miss?" Sighing as her grin grew wider, expecting him to tell her yes like he always did eventually and this time was no different. "If you want to as long as you don't try to put me in anything too ridiculously flashy. Promise?" Dawson asked with arched eyebrows, taking the last bite of his breakfast and picking up the plate. Walking up behind Isabel, his heavy feet making his presence apparent, thudding against the wooden floors, he poked her in both of her sides with his index finger, chuckling when she laughed. "I can finish, go get ready. You have a long wish of wishes and we don't have a lot of time to fill them if you still want to go on our adventure tonight."

In that moment, Jayden felt defeated. He knew there was no way he and Amelia would be able to continue on with their lives if they knew so little about one another. Sighing softly, the officer slowly stood up and sat in the recliner across from her. He didn't know who she was, and she didn't know who he was. He wanted to allow her the space she needed considering the turn of events. "I want to know who you are too, Amelia. I'm sorry things didn't go as you planned. I'm sorry one night ruined it for you. It was my fault. I moved too fast and I'm sorry. Moving as fast as we did was the one thing I didn't want to happen yet it still did." Looking away from the powerful woman before him, Jayden felt so little. He didn't know where to go from here but he was going to give them the opportunity to start fresh, despite what already occurred. They were going to start learning about one another, or he at least hoped they would. He didn't want to lose Amelia but he would do whatever it is she needs. If he had to let her go, he would but that wouldn't stop him from supporting her and their daughter. Now he had no idea what to do about the ring he bought. Pushing the proposal back was the reality for Jayden and he couldn't stop the slight tears from falling down his cheeks. He didn't hear Amelia calling out to him but when he heard soft cries from their daughter, he wiped them away quickly and stood up. "I've got it." He said softly, going to Isabel quickly and tending to her needs. You screwed up. Way to go, idiot. You're going to lose the one thing in life that matters. You'll go back to who you were. The side she changed for good.

Giggling and squirming away from Dawson when she felt him poke both her sides, she smiled at what he said, satisfied that he was willing to go to Express to shop for him. "I'll go get ready now. I love you." She said happily, running off to their room which she adored. Going into their closet, she was quick to pick out a stylish outfit for the day, getting dressed. After putting on a navy with floral accents off the shoulder blouse, she put on a pair of jeans, she rolled up the hems slightly and threw on a pair of block heels, fixing her hair so it was half up half down with her natural curls like Dawson liked. After fixing her hair and putting on the essential jewelry and lipstick, she made her way back out and smiled at the pilot who was now staring at her. "Like what you see, Six?" She asked with a knowing grin.

"Jayden, you can't just blame yourself. We both made a decision that night. It wasn't just you, it was me too. Jayden?" Amelia called, her concern hardening when she noticed his eyes had glossy with tears, too lost in his thoughts to hear her bogus attempt st a reassurance. Hearing Isabel fuss, Amelia nodded when Jayden offered to get her, knowing he needed the escape, too overwhelmed by the brutal honesty Amelia delivered too forcefully. Sighing, ashamed at herself for the second time to say for degrading the man who had done nothing but good for her. Not knowing much about each other was a major downfall but Amelia trusted Jayden's intentions were always sincere and suddenly she had a revelation. You love him because he saved your life without any hesitation. You saw the depth of concern in his eyes and you heard the desperation in his pleas while you struggled to find air. You saw and felt the purest sense of love and you were distraught that you only got to experience that kind of love in your final moments. He has potential to be that love, don't push him away.

When Jayden finally resurfaced, Amelia raised her head from her sweaty palm and smiled sweetly. "Is pizza really your favorite food or we're you just trying to flatter me?"

After getting their daughter to stop crying and finally fall asleep, Jayden resurfaced from the room and back into the living room where the beautiful journalist still sat. Biting his lip, he made him way back to the recliner, sitting down before he looked at Amelia rather puzzled. Is this a legitimate question? Chuckling softly, he smiled back at the journalist, happy to see the smile back on her face. He knew what she was doing and he was grateful she was doing so. If they slowly worked things out, they would end up being fine, and there would be no mystery about the woman who would always have his heart. "Maybe a bit of both? Pizza is my favorite food and having you make it for me made me enjoy it more." He said softly, sighing contently. "But flattering you is always a bonus for me, Amelia. I will always prefer your pizza over any restaurant. Why don't you like pasta? I found it rather odd at the beginning, mainly because I love it, but is it just the texture of it or not a big fan?"

Sighing in relief to his answer, Amelia nodded, accepting it to be the truth and not a fabricate white lie he made up to please her early on. That meant as little as she knew about him that he was genuine with her with what he did admit to her. He humored her when he turned the tables to ask her a question. "I don't have anything against it, it's just not my first choice. It never infested me much. Lasagna is an acception though. It always has been, but only with a lot of meat and cheese. If it's mostly noodle I can't do it. It gets dry and crispy at the edges then and I never liked that. I'm a shame on my itiallian ancestors." Scooting over, Amelia made from on the over-sized cushion she sunk herself into to make room for Jayden to sit beside her, reaching for his hand to take in her own. She needed his reassurance they would be okay now that she dropped such a devastating bombshell into the plans she had no idea he had.

Jayden smiled gently when he sat next to Amelia, letting her take his hand before he looked down at them and gave hers a gentle squeeze. "So only Lasagna. Got it. I should learn how to make it now." He said gently, enjoying the feeling of her hand in his. He never wanted to lose the woman who gave his life meaning. He couldn't lose her and he refused to. Things we're going to work out for them and when the right time came, he would propose. Now wasn't the time, especially not after how wrecked she felt regarding the fact they knew nothing about one another. The more he thought about it, the more he could understand. He felt horrible they never actually got to know who they were in the past. "Amelia, I love you." He whispered softly, looking down at her before he kissed her head gently. "And I know we have no clue about our pasts or even things we like but I know I love you. The day I rescued you, I knew then I loved you. The thought of losing you that day was something I could bare. My heart felt like it would explode out of my chest when you weren't responding to me. We may have to build our relationship backwards but as of now I have never lied about anything you know. It's all true. I am who you are dating and I'm sorry we never discussed the rest of our pasts but we can. There's nothing wrong with going backwards. I'm also sorry you had to give up your independence so early."

Looking up towards Jayden, Amelia shook her head, merely disappointed in herself. "You shouldn't have to apologize, when I let you in it was a conscious decision, not a mistake. You are a risk I find myself willing to take after everything I went through before you. It's my fault for treating you lesser than I should for how you treat me, all you've ever done is love me and given me reason, to trust you and still, I can't move past my natural reaction to keep you at a distance. It's not your fault, it's mine but putting blame on each other doesn't mend the situation completely. You're a good man, Jayden. You notice my interests and try to pick up on them and you do the things you know will please me, that's a kind of love I lacked for a long time, that's why I have trouble accepting it, but I am willing to learn, for you. I don't want you to think because I brought this up that I was implying I have an inclination to leave you, I never have, not after what we've been through together, I just want us both to have the full picture. I promised you we were a family."

Jayden smiled at the woman sitting next to him, taking in everything she had to say. He knew she was right. They were a family and always would be. They would be able to get through this no matter what happened to them. "You're right, Amelia. We are a family and we'll get through this together. I love you forever and always, my love." He said gently, kissing her check gently before he pulled away and laid down so his head was on her head. "So, my journalist, let's get started on finding out more about each other." Smiling brightly at the beautiful woman, he continued to hold her hand, not wanting to let it go.

Looking up towards Jayden, Amelia shook her head, merely disappointed in herself. "You shouldn't have to apologize, when I let you in it was a conscious decision, not a mistake. You are a risk I find myself willing to take after everything I went through before you. It's my fault for treating you lesser than I should for how you treat me, all you've ever done is love me and given me reason, to trust you and still, I can't move past my natural reaction to keep you at a distance. It's not your fault, it's mine but putting blame on each other doesn't mend the situation completely. You're a good man, Jayden. You notice my interests and try to pick up on them and you do the things you know will please me, that's a kind of love I lacked for a long time, that's why I have trouble accepting it, but I am willing to learn, for you. I don't want you to think because I brought this up that I was implying I have an inclination to leave you, I never have, not after what we've been through together, I just want us both to have the full picture. I promised you we were a family. That won't change, I want our daughter to have the parents neither one of us were fortunate enough to have. I want her to grow up in stable home, being raised by two people who love her and love each other. I don't want her or any of us to feel like it's an awkward obligated arrangement that we got ourselves into too soon. I want the best for all of us, I just doubt that I am the best for you sometimes, when I struggle to let you love me the way I'm afraid to let anyone love me because I've been broken and left for the wolves, as cliche as that sounds. My entire existence is dominated around the strength I have illuminated myself in. It's only ever been me, until Isabel came along maybe, but even then with the distance between us most of the time it still gets lonely. You and our daughter are something more life-changing, but only in the best of ways. It's going to be a learning process for us all." As if she had just released a ton off her dainty shoulders, the small woman let her head fall into Jayden shoulder where she matched her calm breathing to his own. She decided she didn't want to ask any more questions, for now, she just wanted to be comforted by Jayden's presence.

"Of course I like what I see, it's you," Dawson replied rather smoothly, laughing at his own joke to justify it, not sure if Isabel would find it humorous enough to even let out a faint giggle, or even if she found it humorous at all. Probably not. He thought to himself before approaching this marvelous woman before him, intertwining his arms around her waist, kissing her neck, his hot breath marking his proximity to her. "But I have my own trick too, ya know/?" Smirking devilishly, he trailed his hands from her waist up her sides, pulling her towards him, leaving no space for air in between them. "Don't use your tactics if you don't want to play the game," he whispered chillingly in her ear, kissing her lips with ferocious intensity.

Smiling, the officer laid down on the couch with Amelia, holding her close against himself before he kissed the top of her head. He let the silence in the room do most of the talking for them, keeping his breaths steady and calm as he closed his eyes. He savored this moment of silence and being able to hold Amelia close in his arms, where she was safe. He knew now the proposal could continue but he still felt as though it was too soon to do so now. Is it too soon? I want to propose but what if she reacts wrong? Worst of all, what if she says no? As he continued to mentally beat himself up, he looked at Amelia curiously when he felt her staring at him, his blue eyes meeting hers, digging deep into the depths of her soul. Smiling gently at her, he kissed her but it was a kiss unlike before. It was soft and sweet yet full of love and admiration. It was a thrilling kiss and he never wanted to pull away but when he did, his smile never faded. "We still need to go to the store correct?" He asked softly, hoping she said no because he really didn't want to move.

Giggling at what she heard Dawson say, she couldn't stop the smile that spread from cheek to cheek. "You're so cheesy." She teased, watching him as he made way closer to her. With every step he took, it was like time slowed down. She knew what he was doing and she wasn't mentally prepared for it. They always played the game but this time it was different. Dawson was different but Isabel would be lying if she said she didn't find it completely attractive. Grinning as he intertwined his arms around her waist, she let him play his turn, biting her lip when she heard what he said, savoring the kiss as it happened. When they pulled away, Isabel bit her bottom lip before she wrapped her arms around his neck and ran her fingers through his hair. "You know I'm always ready to play the game. I give you props for your turn, but we have places to be." She whispered softly, tip-toeing and kissing the back of his ear, smiling when he tensed. "I know you like the back of my hand, Six. We can play the fame, but I'll win." She whispered in his ear seductively, her breath hot and heavy. Knowing she had him aroused, she pulled away like always, flashing a knowing smile. "We should get going if you want to ensure we have time for your plans. The game can continue on but be prepared to lose because I won't break first." Walking to grab her purse from the island, she knowingly swayed her hips, getting the purse and a water bottle before she walked out of the house with Dawson, holding his hand and leading him to the car.

In the time between the unforgettable kiss and Jayden asking his question, Amelia's eyelids dropped down completely, finally permitting her the sleep she'd been lacking. Her soft breathing pattern sounding almost like the light ours of a kitten in their sleep. Her golden locks, swirling into curls at the ends, were all but free now from the bun she had before Jayden rested her comfortably in his lap, the black hair tie resting on Jayden's knee, the elastic almost completely worn out in the middle of it. With her hands still holding his, Amelia curled her spare hand under her cheek to act as a support, a bones pillow. Her exhaustion finally getting the best of her as a result of the rarity of complete silence.

"Damn it, Isabel! You can't do that!" Dawson protested almost as if he was a small child pleading for his favorite guilty pleasure at the grocery store and his mother told him no, but not until after she entertained the idea of how he would enjoy his treat if they brought it home. It was equally as devasting. "Now I don't want to go shopping with you, there's no point in getting new clothes if I can never win with you!" Letting go of her hand before they got in the car, he stood with his arms crossed over his broad chest, busting out his pouting bottom lip, making a show of himself to conjure more amusement out of the woman he loved. "I'm not going," his tone almost convincing as he turned his back away from her. "I am a honorable man who serves our country, I shouldn't let a Texas gal control me in such a way. I'm not going with you."

Isabel watched the scene Dawson made, shaking her head as if she was his mother. Looking at him she walked over, wrapping her arms around his neck before she pouted herself. "But I want you to go with me, amor." She said softly, kissing his cheek gently. "You're just upset because I always get you so riled up and pull away. We can always finish the game now, ya know? You just don't take charge." Winking with a knowing grin, she kissed him gently before pulling away and grabbing her keys from her purse to the Audi R8. "Now, let's get going." She said happily, trying to pull the muscular pilot towards the car but had no success. "Dawson, pleaseeeee." She whined out letting go when he refused to move, crossing her arms across her own chest as she glared at him through her black square-framed glasses. "Fine then. We won't go anywhere. I'll just wear a dress I have in my closet. We don't even have to go do whatever you planned tonight." Stomping away like a child into the apartment, Isabel slammed the door before he could make way inside, giggling in amusement before she set her purse down on the little table next to the door and walked to their room, sitting down on the bed before she grabbed her iPad and began to look through some of her RAW shots that needed slight adjustments. She and Dawson never went a day without teasing each other and when she saw him lean against the door threshold, she looked at him and sighed. "What is it, amor?"

Last edited:
Shrugging his shoulders Dawson smiled as if he knew nothing, his lower lip protruding slightly. "Nothing, I guess," he replied in an exaggerated sigh. "I guess since you want to cancel all our plans I guess I should go cancel the reservations I made at the restaurant you've been dying to go to and then return the lavish outfit I bought for you, for the occasion and then I just have to cancel the whole event altogether. It's a shame, all that planning gone to waste, but if you insist on not going, I'll have to respect your wishes." Turning away, the pilot left his hands in his pockets, walking into the kitchen, jingling his set of truck keys, as if he was preparing to leave, removing them from the hook on the wall. He was going to win this war that she started.

Isabel knew Dawson wouldn't cancel all the plans he made for them. Now knowing what exactly he did, Isabel had a strong urge to run after him and stop him, but in doing so she knew hw would win this war. It wasn't fair Dawson put her in a corner like this but she could only assume that's how he felt when the tables were turned. Biting her lip, she watched him turn away, fighting the urge until she heard the jingling of his truck keys. "Dammit, Dawson." She whispered to herself, still not moving from the bed. Releasing a soft sigh, Isabel stood up quickly, running over to the pilot and snatched his truck keys from him, feeling her eyebrow twitch from annoyance when she saw the grin plastered on his face. Sighing softly, the photojournalist shook her head, grabbing her purse and put his keys inside of it. "You win." She said softly, knowing he was bursting with excitement. "You don't have to brag about it!" She exclaimed, pouting before she turned away. "Can we go to the mall now? I still want to buy a dress for the wedding and you so need new clothes." Damn pilot. I've never lost before but he knew just the right words to say.

"I won? Please. My truck keys are buried in your purse of doom where all things go never to be found again. Can I have them, please?" Going in for the swoop Dawson went in blindly, putting his forearm in her bag, rummaging around for the keys and when she tried to pull away in protest, he poked her sides again. "I don't need new clothes you just want me in new clothes so you can get turned on and pull away from me again!" he exclaimed through her desperate laughs to be let go from his strength, now having her in a harmless hold from behind for her to surrender. "I'll let you go if you promise not to make me model for you and we have to make a pit stop after. Deal?"

"You have to model for me!" She pouted, continuing to laugh as he held her, begging to stop before she finally agreed. "Okay okay, deal! No modeling and we can make the pit stop after." Giggling at the pilot once he stopped, she kissed him gently. "I love youuu." She said softly, grabbing his hand once more before she lead him out of the apartment and to his truck, tossing him his keys. "Let's get movin, Six." She said happily, getting into his truck before she fixed her hair and looked at her phone, smiling as she and Amelia texted back and forth. Looking at the man she loved, she admired how well he looked, becoming excited as they inched closer to the mall. She loved buying him clothes because he pulled off pretty much everything and anything. "What color dress should I buy for the wedding? I need one to move around in so it has to be a tad flowy." She said softly, rummaging through her purse for her lipstick so she could reapply.

"How do y'all never run out of things to say to each other?" Shaking his head playfully towards Isabel, keeping his eye on the road in front of them while they talked, shrugging his shoulders at her question. "I'm sure you'll find something that makes you look nothing more than stunning. You always do." Reaching for her hand, he couldn't help but laugh at her again when he caught her in the act of fixing her lipstick. "You would probably find what you were looking for a lot faster in that purse if you took the time to clean it out and not hoard everything in it like a mom." At the thought, a grin creeped up on him, but he didn't give himself too much time to think about Isabel being the mother to his children like he hoped she would become someday. Watching Amelia and Jayden bring a child into the world together was a remarkable thing, and while Dawson had high hopes for the couple and wished them nothing but the best, he wasn't in any hurry to make it to that point with Isabel. Not right now atleast, they were both comfortable in the lifestyle they were living and just enjoying each other's company, that's all Dawson desired right now, but the thought of a future with the woman who was sitting beside him was promising and gave him hope for the better tomorrow he once thought he wasn;'t going to have before he met her.

Gasping at what she heard Dawson say, she looked at him and hit his arm playfully, shaking her head. "There is nothing wrong with my purse, thank you very much." She said, sticking her tongue out before she sighed softly. Finally finding her lipstick, the journalist was able to reapply and fix it before she smiled in contentment, putting it back in her purse and looked at Dawson as he continued driving. "Are we going to the Galleria? I hope so." She said with a beaming smile, reaching over from her side of the car to take hold of his hand, giving it a soft grip. "Six." She said to get his attention, smiling when she did. "Te amo mucho." She said softly, happily getting out of the car when they arrived to their destination. She took his hands excitedly in her own and lead him inside after he locked his truck. "I love this mall so much. First stop is Dillard's to find a dress. Maybe buy another pair of heels?" She said suggestively, laughing when she saw his expression. "A woman's shoes make the outfit. I'm sorry I have a lot of them." Smiling as they walked through the mall, Isabel enjoyed being with Dawson. She was excited for the plans he made for them and couldn't wait to find out what outfit he put together for her. He had good taste and Isabel trusted him whenever he picked out what she should wear. It was something she found attractive.

"Don't pretend to be apologetic, I know you are not shameful in your monstrous shoe collection even in the slightest but nice try." Walking with her through the mall, he kept her close, teasing her that he would have to but her a child's leash to keep control of her. Most of things that caught her attention he was able to steer her away from quickly, but when they entered Dillard's and were greeted with a wall of assorted tones of pink and ruffles the pilot knew better to think he even had a chance in telling her no when it came to her newest niece. Despite knowing, he tried to deter her anyway. "I think your mini-me has enough clothes, even Jayden said they don't know what to do with them all between you and Amelia's mom." Pulling her away lightly, he laughed when she pulled him back towards her forcefully. "I knew that was going to be a hopeless escape but it was worth the shot."

"Please? Let's buy her a tutu. She doesn't have one yet and some more cute clothes! I am still waiting for her Mean Green onsie to come in. It's going to look so adorable on her." She said with a laugh at her boyfriends expression, taking his hand as they looked through the vast assortment of clothes. "You know I have a lot of pride in my school. I always will." Going from rack to rack, Isabel was able to find her mini me about five outfits she found adorable, putting them in a shopping bag before walking with the pilot towards the dresses, looking to see if she could find one. "Help me out here, amor. You have good taste." Smiling at the dresses Dawson was quick to pick out, Isabel went to try them on, showing off every single one to the man she loved. "I don't know which one to take."

"What does she need a tutu for? She's four months old. Is she going to twirl away that young?" Dawson teased, shaking his head at her comment about putting her niece in a UNT onesie. "If I ever doubted how close y'all are, I won't anymore when Amelia voluntarily dresses her daughter in UNT clothes rather than her own school. Y'all don't make sense to me sometimes, ya know?" To please her, Dawson helped Isabel pick out a few outfits before they moved onto to Isabel's dress for the upcoming wedding she was shooting. Admiring all the options for different reasons, Dawson pondered about which one he liked the best and why. Each one seemed to flatter her in a different way but he liked the olive green one the best because of how it brought out her eyes, bringing attention to her face for her notorious eye-catching smile. "You look nice in all of them, amor, but the green one is my favorite," Dawson admitted honestly. "It's not a color I see on you often and it matches you well. I think it'll look nice for the occasion. Is there anything else I can help you with today?" he asked, sounding like the stereotypical salesman

Laughing softly at him, she smiled as she nodded, kissing him gently. "Yes, you can. I am buying the olive green dress since you admire it so much but now it's time to pay for this and take you for clothes. You have to model for me though." Kissing him softly once again, she took his hand and lead him to the cashier, not so he could pay but just because Isabel liked when he was near her. Handing the woman her credit card, she smiled as the transaction went through, grabbing the bag of clothing before looking at Dawson curiously. "What? Why're you looking at me like that?" She asked softly, walking out of Dillard's with him before it clicked. "Awe, you wanted to buy my dress right? It's okay, Six. You can treat me to something better later tonight." She whispered softly, grinning as they continued to walk to Express. She loved the store and how the men section smelled of a powerful cologne almost similar to Dawson's. Walking to the shirts, Isabel pondered about the colors she wanted to get for the pilot. "How do you feel about a charcoal with red?" She asked curiously, grabbing the charcoal grey button down shirt and handed it to the man with hazel eyes. "Try this color on. I'll find more colors and some cuff links too.l

"This wasn't part of the agreement," Dawson protested adamantly, glaring in almost fake annoyance at Isabel's complete disregard for the oath he made her take while holding her in a miniature choke hold, shaking his head as she tried to take control of his wardrobe. "One outfit today, that's it," he finalized in compromise, taking the red and the charcoal combination and kissing her forehead, running off quickly before she could try to convince him of more than he agreed to. Isabel had a tendency to take too much control sometimes, and while Dawson, a cool, level-headed man, didn't mind much if at all, they didn't have much time for leisure today and he couldn't confess this dilemma without divulging too much information that would leave the investigative journalist questioning just what it was the naval pilot had up his sleeve for tonight. Quickly changing his outfit into the one she had picked out for him, Dawson inspected himself in the mirror, delicately folding back the color on the cherry red dress shirt and smiling at how handsome he actually looked, he knew Isabel would love it which glided the smug grin on his face as he swayed stylishly out of the dressing room and back into her presence. "What do you think?" Spinning around for her playfully as the women usually did together. "Is it flashy enough for ya? or should I bedazzle it up some with the same rhinestones on that tutu?"

Rolling her eyes rather dramatically at the naval pilot, Isabel couldn't stop the grin that came across her face. She knew he was trying to pull her strings and she loved when he did. "It look perfect on ya but if you really want some rhinestones, I can make that happen." Winking at the pilot she adored and loved, she grabbed her purse and pulled out her card, letting him change back into the clothes he was originally wearing before she went to pay for the red and charcoal set. As they walked out of Express, Isabel held his hand and smiled as they walked side by side. "Are you going to give me any hint as to what is going on tonight?" She asked him, pouting her bottom lip in hopes he would tell her, but she knew better. Dawson loved to keep his plans a secret and Isabel rather enjoyed the surprises, although she kept that to herself. As they walked past a decent amount of stores, Isabel smiled when she saw the jewelry store, catching a glance at some of the items she could see. The necklace with a sapphire stone stuck out a lot to her and it brought a smile to her face. Sapphire was her and her grandma's color. She also enjoyed the single display of engagement rings. Engagement season was happening but Isabel didn't see being engaged occurring anytime soon. She and Dawson were content with where they were right now. "Where to after this, Six? I'm still curious as to how you got out of your show this weekend."

"Babe, naval information is classified, I can't tell you," Squuezunf her hand he brought it to his lips, kissing it while they continued to stroll through the mall, passively. "I love you," he whispered, but if I gave anything away what would be the fun in that? Are you ready for our pit stop?" In a beaming grin, Dawson pulled his keys from his pocket, taking the bags braided along Isabel's arms, leaving indentions on her skin as evidence of her shopping spree. Helping her into the passenger seat of his truck, Dawson was quick to make his way to his side and pull out of the parking lot. "We have to go pick someone up," he informed her, giving away a minumusl amount of information that wouldn't lead to suspicions. Making his way to the house, Dawson pulled into the drivewa, taking Isabel's hand, ignoring her questioning look as to where they were, but it was obvious once they were inside. "Dawson? Piper's ready for you!" The woman dressed in plan jeans and a mint green t-shirt exclaimed before she existed the room and came back with a tiny, eight week old cholalste lab puppy at her heels, chewing at her leash playfully. When she saw Dawson she tipped and ran up to him almost immediately, casing the grown man to laugh like a child before he picked up the puppy and laid her on her back in his arms. "Hi girl, how are you? Ready to go home with us?" Eyeing Isabel, he grinned st her exited expression. "This is Piper, she's ours. I hope you don't mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back