• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love: Draft Three

Isabel
I laughed at Amelia's comment about sleeping when she's dead. That was a phrase we all related to when you worked in the field we did. Looking at her with a bright smile, I nodded excitedly when she asked if I wanted to hold my niece. "Can I?" I asked her gently, happily taking my niece into my arms when she was given to me. Rocking her in my arms, I smiled as her blue eyes looked up and straight at me. You're so beautiful. I thought before I looked over at Amelia when she asked about Mateo. My smile grew genuine once more.

"Mateo's good. He's growing so big every day, Amelia. He's teething now so there's a lot of screaming and yelling but Dawson and I have managed to get him to calm down. Here." I said, handing her my phone so she could see the many pictures and videos I took of my four month baby. "He's become so attatched to Dawson lately. We haven't baptized him yet. If we're being honest, mom has been on me about that." I continued explaining, smiling gently while I did. "I've been able to spend a lot of time with him since I don't have a job right now. I think I needed these past three weeks of bonding to be honest. I'm exited for you to have that time with my mini me. Mateo and I will definitely come by for visits."

Amelia
I thought about Mateo just as much as I thought about his mother during our four-month standoff. I wondered who he was starting to look more like and what milestones I was missing. I hated being absent from his life because unlike me, I knew Isabel was going to be a natural at motherhood. It was one of the many things she dreamed about when we shared many late nights picturing how our lives would turn out. To know, I let myself back away from that, I felt a souring regret, but looking at the pictures of my nephew, I tried not to think about it. I would be there from now on.

"Awww! He's such a chunk!" I squealed, happy to hear he was on the right track. Hearing how he wasn't baptized yet, however, was a surprise to me. Why? Don't tell me it's because Dawson doesn't want it. I could only imagine how displeased Isabel's mother was that her grandson wasn't baptized.There was no negotiating that one. Don't think I won't come kick your ass, Covington. Now that I was back, I would make sure Mateo would get his baptism.

I thought the surprises would stop there, but hearing Isabel wasn't working through me in another emotional twirl. What happened? How did you take it? You must have been so devasted? I'm sorry. Hearing her make a positive out of the setback in her career made me smile through my concerns. You're a great mother, Isabel.

"I look forward to your visits, I have a lot of cuddles to make up for," I replied, handing her back the phone gently. Laying down as I watched her continue to admire her niece, I thought about how hard it was going to be being a mother once everyone I loved had to leave and it was just me and Jayden taking care of her. I don't know if I can survive by myself. WIth Jayden recently making lieutenant, he took on the responsibility of supervising the younger officers on their shifts and less of his time was flexible. As much as I was proud of his success and what he was working so hard to earn, looking back at our daughter, I realized I was the one who would have to pick up the slack, and while I would do anything for my daughter, it wasn't ideal to raise her secluded from everyone else who loved her. I knew Jayden would do everything he could for her, but I needed a support system as long as he continued to go up in the ranks or I was going to go insane. You can do it, Amelia, you're a strong woman. You can't say you can't unless you try. My conflicting thoughts were just a product of my stubbornness. I don't want to be here anymore. I want to go home.

I knew my expression was enough to tell Isabel I was upset so I didn't try to hide it when she asked what was wrong. I hated being this emotional though.

"I don't want to do this by myself, best friend," I said trying to chase off my tears by biting my lip but it was a failed attempt. Yep, you're the over emotional new mom. No surprise there. "I'm scared."

Isabel
If I was being honest, after the big fallout with Amelia three weeks ago, I hadn't given much thought to the fact that I was jobless. I was too focused on Mateo and caring for him as he suffered these terrible months of teasing. He was constantly fighting his sleep because of the pain in his gums. Every night, I wished I could take his pain away. I never liked to hear his cries and I know they were a lot to handle whenever Dawson came home from a long day at work. Although I don't really care. I deal with a crying Mateo all day. He just checks planes, file paperwork, or, on a rare day, actually go out and practice.

I looked forward to what the future had in store for Amelia and I now that we moved past our fallout, realizing just how much we needed each other. Raising Mateo and any future children without their Amelia in their lives wasn't an option. I was going to be there for her just as much as she was going to do the same. I loved her and I couldn't wait for my children to love her as well. We're going to do so many things together. So many adventures that I look forward to.

I could see in Amelia's expression that something was bothering her. I could tell she was in her thoughts, probably thinking about what to do now that Isabel May was born. When she told me what she was feeling, my stomach turned. I knew that feeling all too well. Yes, I had Dawson's family but let's get real, I haven't conversed much with them these past four months. I wouldn't be surprised if they found me even more unfit to be with Dawson Covington, the love of my life but in there eyes, a Covington, someone who comes from a great family. It's like the Covingtons were royalty, and they were anything but.

Continuing to hold my mini me in my arms, I nodded in acknowledgment to how Amelia was feeling. "I know how you feel, best friend. I do." I told her softly, trying my best to soother the new mother. "And it's okay to feel scared. That's natural but I know what a handful it can be not having family around to help. I can make as many visits as needed and you know despite the distance, we're all just a phone call and flight away. What else are you thinking about? You're scared you won't be a good mom, right? That's natural too, trust me. I felt like my world was crumbling when Mateo refused to latch, then refused to even let me hold him. All I wanted was the best for him but I felt like a horrible mother. You'll be okay, Amelia, I know you will be. You might not consider yourself a natural but you'll pick it up, especially as this little bundle of joy starts growing. Your mother instincts will come out. You can do this." I reassured her the best way I could, telling her to rest while I took care of Isabel May for now.

Amelia
I prayed what Isabel had to say about me picking up motherhood was right, but being who I was, I had the normal, simmering doubts, In my own eyes, I would never be enough in any part of my life. There was always something else I could do to make myself a better relative, journalist, best friend, fiancee, and now mother. All I could do was embrace the unknown, as foreign as that was to me, and hope the best for our future as a family.

Letting myself finally sleep while Isabel watched over my new first priority.

As much as I feared hospitals, when the time came to leave and take my daughter home only to be cared for by me, I was once again frightful. She was so tiny, I didn't want to break her. But Isabel was right, things did get easier, at least when it came to taking care of her. What wasn't easy, was the lack of sleep.

Little Bel was two weeks old now. She was still feeding every two hours, which meant I was the one up with her most of the time. After a week, Jayden went back to his night shifts. I hated them now that we had a baby. The last thing I preferred was to be home alone with an infant at night, but I took it as one of the sacrifices I had to make as an officer's wife. I was getting used to it, or at least trying to. By now, whenever Bel cried I knew exactly what was wrong with her, and her cuddles were the sweetest, making me not want to put her down. It melted my heart when she curled her feet under herself and clung to my chest. Whenever Jayden held her I could tell because she smelled like him and when he was patrolling the streets, it brought me comfort to have a big piece of him while he was away.

Today was my birthday, but I wasn't expecting much to come of it. I could tell I was a mom now because all I wanted was to take a shower and a nap without getting woken up by a baby or two dogs pawing at the door to go out. Plus, Jayden took on extra patrols today so I knew better than to get my hopes up. I didn't mind it though because I never made my birthday that big of a deal even before my daughter was a part of the picture.

Unknowingly to myself, after a long night, I fell asleep on the couch, with my crusty hair tied into a knotted bun on top of my head, in Jayden's tattered Dallas PD shirt, Bel in the bassinet beside me. Coming out of a groggy daze, I heard my daughter's wails, and was quick to come to her aid, sitting up, I rubbed my eyes confused when her cries suddenly stopped, but smiled when I felt Jayden's presence. As he leaned over me to reach our daughter I I yawned.

"Hi," I whispered sleepily when our gazes met. "What are you doing here? I thought you were patrolling the fall fest?"

Jayden
I had told Amelia that I was taking on extra shifts so I could get her birthday present ready. There was no way I would ever leave her alone on her special day, despite her constantly telling me her birthday wasn't important. In my eyes, her special day would always be important and I was going to spend the rest of my life showing her that after her spending many years not doing anything on her birthday.

I went to the store, grabbing all Amelia's favorite snacks along with things to make her favorite dish for dinner. I bought bath bombs, scented oils and candles for her to relax while bathing, and of course some fresh pink roses. The flowers were always a must and I knew she always enjoyed them when I got them for her.

Arriving back home, I opened the door, quickly spotting Amelia and Isabel sleeping in the living room. I didn't know how Amelia did it, tending to our daughter every two hours, but I felt as though I was not helping her at all. That's not what I wanted this to be like, so I was planning on stepping. Quickly walking to our bath, I ran a hot one, putting the bath bomb I bought inside, watching it begin to fizz once it hit the water. Then, I added a few drops of the scented oil, plucked some pink roses from the flowers and spread them along the surface of the water. Lastly, I lit two candles, sighing contently. When I heard Isabel begin to fuss, I quickly walked out of the master bath to the living room, picking her up from her bassinet as I rocked her, shushing her so she could calm down. When her cries instantly stopped, I smiled at her gently. When my gaze met with Amelia's, my smile never faded. I leaned down, giving her a loving kiss before I stood back up.

"Hi my love. Why would I ever take on more patrols when I know it's your birthday? You need a day to yourself so you can relax. There's a bath waiting for you. You might still want to get in while it's hot." I told her gently, kissing Isabel's forehead with a smile. "Then after you wind down, you can get some sleep. You need to be able to just rest without waking up every two hours." Taking her hand, I slowly helped her stand up while I held Isabel in my other arm. "Now go, I love you. Happy Birthday, Amelia."

Amelia
Hearing Jayden's explanation I was dumbfounded by what he was doing. It was a small gesture, but to me, after the last two weeks, it meant the world. Standing. I returned the kiss, revived with new excitement that Jayden took the time to pay attention to me. "You're the best," I whispered before I walked off to the bathroom to find what he set up for me. I don't deserve him.

Letting my hair loose from the hair tie that was sloppily keeping it together, I undressed and ket myself soak in the rose-scented water. The warm water felt good against my skin. Soaking in the water until it was ice cold, I drained the tub, starting the shower. I wasn't sure how long i was in the bathroom in silence but I soaked it in for as long as I could. Looking back at myself in the mirror while I brushed the knots out of my long blonde hair, wrapping myself in the robe Jayden loved to tease me with when I was wearing it. For the first time in a few days, I was starting to feel put together. Of course, as much as Jayden wanted me to sleep, I couldn't let myself when he was home. I wanted to spend the time with him while he was mine, for once.

Walking back out into the living room, I found Jayden showing Jade the baby, I giggled. Jade loved people so it came as no surprise to me when she took to little Bel the moment they met. Wherever the baby was, Jade was right next to her, wanting to protect her. it was precious. I knew they were going to be best friends. Dallas had less of an interest, but he was still a puppy, I was just thankful he wasn't aggressive towards her.

"She's so sweet with her," I said before I fell back into my spot in the couch, pulling my damp hair off my neck before I rested my head on Jayden's shoulder, looking down at our daughter with a grin. Her eyes were transfixed on Jayden. "Whose got you, baby?" I asked laughing when she squirmed in his arms. Once she learned she didn't have to sit still, Isabel was a squrimer, which is why I kept her swaddled when she was sleeping. "Ahh, you're going to show daddy what you've been learning, huh?" At her frustrated screams that her fingers weren't free to scratch her face, I shook my head.

"Hey now, what's all that noise for? Shhh. you're too little to be that angry," I teased, giving her the pacifier to calm her down before I turned to Jayden, kissing his jawline. I was satisfied with just his presence alone today but I knew he must have planned something and I was secretly looking forward to the chance to get out of the apartment.

"So what are we doing today Surprise Master?"

Last edited:
Jayden
I took care of Isabel while Amelia relaxed and took the time she needed for herself. She was gone and in the shower for around an hour but I didn't mind. I know this was a simple gesture but it was one she needed and deserved. When I heard feet patter against the floor, I knew Amelia had to have finished her bath and shower. I wanted her to catch up on sleep but I knew better than to think she would. I was gone a lot more because I keep picking up shifts so that meant I hadn't been around lately. I picked up the shifts for a reason and it wasn't because I wanted Amelia to be alone with Isabel. It was because I was planning something, a grand surprise for my fiancée that required saving some money. Now that Isabel was here, that meant finding the proper place to raise out family, even if Amelia and I didn't have the chance to speak about it.

I smiled at Amelia when I saw which robe to put on. It was one of my favorites and I loved teasing her when she wore it. I wish we didn't have Isabel right now. Grinning, I took Amelia's hand in mine, my attention was back on our daughter when she began to scream because of the restriction she had on her hands. Laughing softly, I shook my head at her. "Bel, there is no reason to be so angry." I said to her, trying to get her calm down. I felt chills crawl up my body when Amelia kissed my jawline and the only thing I could do was smile when she asked what else I had planned.

"Well, if we're bring honest," Leaning closer to her, I kissed her neck then whispered into her ear, "I would really like to pull the string holding your robe closed, then watch it fall to the floor to find the most beautiful woman I ever laid my eyes on." Kissing her neck again, I pulled away with a grin, chuckling when I saw how flustered she got. "Oops. Was that not the answer you wanted? I made dinner reservations. Luke and his fiancée offered to watch Isabel for us so I took them up on it. I want this dinner to be all about you like all your past birthday's should have been but if you’re not up for leaving Bel, we have another option. I also bought the things I need to make your favorite dish so pick your poison, Birthday Girl."

Last edited:
Amelia
"Jayden!" I exclaimed in my own defense, lifting my head from his chest pulling away from him for his teasing. "Behave please, you already got a baby out of it, you're not getting another one," With a glare, I took our daughter from his arms at her hungry fusses. I'm hungry too. "You did your part and now the robe only comes off for someone else," And I don't want to just leave her with your friends. She's too little. At the suggestion of leaving her, I gave him the look that told him everything. It might be easy for you to leave her, but I can't.

"There was nothing wrong with my past birthdays, I spent them how I wanted to with the right people. We can go to dinner some other time. But if you give me a few minutes we can go out for breakfast. We all need to get out of the house."

I could tell Jayden wasn't pleased with my answer but he knew better to try and pursue it further. As much as I appreciated he was trying to make today all about me, right now, it just wasn't an option. I wasn't leaving my newborn with friends I didn't know well enough to trust them with her life and there was no family here, so leaving her with anyone this young in my mind, was completely out of the question.
If you want to make today good to me, don't pick a fight, please. It isn't just us anymore.

Washington D.C.
Jayden
"Okay, let's do breakfast. We can do dinner another time." I agreed, not wanting to pick a fight with my fiancée on her birthday. I just wanted to make her happy and if that was with breakfast and Isabel tagging along, I would do it. The three of us hadn't gone out to explore together so I was warming up to the idea of us doing so. Isabel needed to get out of the house for a bit and Amelia wouldn't be taking care of Isabel all by herself since I'll be with them. "Let me hold her so you can get ready."

When I took Isabel back into my arms, I smiled gently at Amelia, kissing her lovingly before I let her get up and leave. "I wish we didn't have a six week waiting period." I said, chuckling when Amelia looked back at me and shook her head. "I'm kidding. When you're getting ready, decide where you want to go." I didn't plan on going to breakfast with Amelia for her birthday but I was now looking forward to it. I couldn't wait until the day the entire family, Lincoln included, could go out together.

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
Today was Amelia's birthday and I was pretty upset that I couldn't spend it with her. Today was going to be a busy day and I had to haul Mateo around with me all day which was never easy. With Mateo sleeping, I put him in his car seat, buckling him in before setting him down on the floor. I ran to the kitchen, grabbing a gallon of his water so I could prepare at least four bottles. After getting everything I needed ready into his diaper bag, I sighed softly and set it down beside Mateo, grabbing my phone, opening mine and Amelia's thread.

"Happy Birthday, Best Friend! You're getting old. (tongue sticking out emoji). I love you so much and I wish I could be there. (sad face). Let's spend your birthday together in a couple of weeks? (black heart). Not working has been boring. I need a job. Did Jayden pick up those shifts after all?"

After sending the text, I groaned when I heard Mateo's cries fill the room. "Mateo, porfavor no llores." I said, walking over to him so I could rock his car seat back and forth. Luckily, that made his cries stop and I was thankful. I wish Dawson wasn't in Pensacola right now. I hadn't been able to get a break ever since I stopped working and took care of Mateo. I needed to find another job before being home everyday made me go insane. After I was able to lull him back to sleep, I picked up his car seat, grabbed my purse and the diaper bag, walking out of the apartment and to the car. I had a lot of errands to run but lately there had been a rift in my relationship with Dawson's family. I wasn't sure why but I didn't want to push it and ask Shelly to take care of Mateo for me while I did what needed to be done.

Amelia
Rolling my eyes at Jayden, I took the chance to walk away before I was the one who picked the fight. I was over-exhausted and didn't have the patience for his playful demeanor. I wasn't in the mood. Having sex with you is the last thing I want to do right now. Picking dark-colored jeans and a blue button-down shirt, I slipped on a brown belt and slid into my worn out black flats. While braiding my hair, Isabel texted me and it didn't help my mood any. I wish you were here. As usual, you're the only one who could possibly understand.

"Thank you, my love! You're not too far behind me. Lol. Let's not talk about Jay right now, he's pushing all my wrong buttons. I almost wish he would have taken a shift today. All I want is all the food and to sleep. Why do men have to over complicate things?"

Sending the text, I huffed in frustration, walking back out into the living room when I heard the baby cry again. I can't even leave you for two minutes. Typical.

Taking Isabel back from Jayden to feed her since he rushed me off the first time. While she nursed I knew I had to give Jayden something to do or he would get upset and that was another argument I didn't want to have.

"Can you go pick her outfit please? I want to sit outside when we eat, the sun will be good for her so not too many layers. I put all the stuff she can fit into in the closet."

It was apparent that the apartment I first moved into since coming to D.C. was no longer adequate because it wasn't just me. But I did everything I could to make the most of the space we had.

Isabel
When Amelia texted me back, I was now at the store, trying to put Mateo in his stroller. Taking care of him alone was exhausting and I wished Dawson was here. Buckling him into the stroller, I smiled down at him to try and get him to talk. "Hi baby boy. Hi Mateo. I love you. Mommy loves you." I said in my mommy voice, giggling when I heard him agoo. Looking at my phone, I read the text from Amelia with a laugh, quick to respond before I walked into Central Market.

"Because they think surprises are wonderful and try to make grand gestures but it doesn't work out. Be glad yours is with you and not in another state. (sighing emoji). Being alone with Mateo isn't easy but you know the struggle. We both take care of them alone."

After sending the text, another popped up on my screen. I was puzzled when I saw it was from Shelly, asking me if I would like to come over to the family dinner. After Dawson talked with them, I had been keeping a distance, and I didn't really want to go without Dawson but I knew it wasn't fair that I had been keeping Mateo from them for about a month now. I hope Savannah and Brett are going. I knew the only way I was going to survive this was if Dawson's cousin and sister were there to help keep me sane. They were the only ones who got me.

"SOS, Shelly invited me to family dinner tonight. I said yes since they haven't seen Mateo in awhile. If you get a call because I'm in jail or dead, you know why."

After sending Amelia the text, I decided to let Dawson know as well.

"Hi Amor. Your mom invited Mateo and I to dinner tonight with the family. I said I would go because I know they miss Mateo. How's Pensacola?"

Jayden
Nodding at Amelia's request, I smiled at her and Isabel before I walked out to the nursery, going straight to the closet so I could pick out something cute for Isabel. Since Amelia wanted to sit outside, I decided on a cute white onesie with red polka dots and a lady bug. Smiling at it, I also made sure to grab her some socks and a cute bow. She never leaves them on. Put it back. Chuckling, I left the bow before I walked back out to the living room. “Opinions?” I asked amelia, modeling the onesie by putting it against my chest, making a face while I did so. “I was going to bring her red bow but I know she never leaves them on.” I said softly, smiling when Isabel made cooing noises.

Washington D.C.
Amelia
Breathing a sigh of relief when Jayden complied to my request happily, I turned my attention back to our daughter. Tracing her cheeks with my thumb while she nursed. You're so precious. You make it all worth it. "Are you happy now?" I asked her in a giggle before Jayden returned with her outfit. That was quick. I hope it matches. When he modeled his choice, I shook my head at his jokester move. "You're such a dork," I replied shaking my head in an inevitable grin.

"Daddy's being silly," I whispered to my daughter, who made cooing noises on cue. "See, she agrees with me." Laughing again, keeping her close against my chest. "I like it, it's cute. But I like the bow! I wished she didn't mind them. They look so cute on her." Letting the baby finish eating, I handed her off to Jayden so he could change and dress her for our first family outing.

"You can do it, dad," I encouraged in a tease, resituating myself before I went to get the stroller out of the hall closet. It wasn't as unbearably hot today so I wanted to walk to our breakfast spot. I needed the chance to move around after sitting around for so long.

After a successfully getting the baby ready, I grabbed all the bags we needed for our outing and texted Isabel back.

"Holy heck, babies need too many things to leave the house. I feel like I'm taking a trip across the world and we're going a few blocks. Yikes, kid. I'm sorry about Dawson. How long will he be gone? I don't think you should go to his parents alone. I need a large coffee ASAP. "

Throwing my phone in my purse, I looked over to Jayden strolling our daughter down the street. That's hot, but I still don't want you right now.

Smiling at my daughter, I watched her rapid, curious gazes and it made my heart melt at her innocent curiosity, I grabbed my phone again and took a quick picture to send to Isabel.

"She's so cute!!!! (Red heart emoji) I've turned into a gushing mom. Whoops. (Shrugging shoulders emoji)."

Pensacola,Florida
Dawson
Since Mateo was born my relationship with Isabel experienced more highs and lows than I anticipated. I knew becoming parents was going to be a difficult lifestyle change, especially for us given our demanding careers. I kept my faith though. I knew as long as both of us wanted to make it work, we would find a way. We wanted what was best for our family. I knew at times, frustrations would run high, but what I wasn't expecting was to drift apart from the woman I loved because of her almost losing her best friend. It wasn't until I watched her breakdown after four months that I realized Amelia was irreplaceable. When the two made amends, I hoped that with Amelia back in the picture, things between Isabel and I would also begin to mend. However, between her visits to see Amelia and my work schedule, there was still some tension between us. Especially since Isabel pulled away from my family, keeping Mateo from them.

It was an uncomfortable situation. Once again, I was the middleman who was expected to pick sides between Isabel and my family. It was never a win because either way, someone was displeased with me and I was tired of the constant cloud of disappointment weighing me down. To keep Isabel happy, I took over Mateo's care when she went out of town, but I knew she was still unhappy because she felt isolated and without a job, her seclusion worsened.

Of course, I felt guilty that her unhappiness partly was my fault but there was no solution that was instant. All I could do was pray that we would push through this rough patch together and come out stronger in the end when the situation eventually bettered through Isabel's perseverance

Once again, my work picked up and I was sent to Pensacola. I wanted Isabel to tag along, but I knew Mateo was better off at home, in an environment he was accustomed to and wouldn't cause him stress. He was getting older, but I still felt like he was too young to travel across the country so I went alone, hoping that in my absence things would go smoothly for Isabel.

At her text though, I had my doubts that Mom inviting her to the ranch was a good idea. As the mother of my child and the woman I wanted to marry it was important to me that she and my family get along, but it became apparent to me in the last year and a half, there was a slim chance that would happen. It was a bitter reality, but I wasn't going to break things off with Isabel because of it, especially now that we had a son together. I still loved her and I hoped, despite the bad history, things could remain civil for the sake of my son. I didn't want him to grow up believing his mother or his Covington family were bad people. I hoped my son would be kept out of their feud. He was innocent and would not be used as collateral damage. I refused to let it happen. If you can do it for Mateo that would be nice.

"Hi my love I hope you're having a good day with Mateo I miss you both. I'm glad Mom invited you, Mateo is missed Brett will be there too it's hot here I hate it"

Washington D.C.
Jayden
Changing a baby was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. No matter how many times I dressed my daughter, it never got easier. She constantly moved around and cried whenever you didn't put her head through the hole quick enough. Changing her today was pretty easy compared to the rest of the days and it was fun listening to Amelia tease me about it. The more time I spent with them and let go of the fact that I wanted to take Amelia out to dinner, the more excited I became about our first outing as a family.

I was quick to help Amelia with everything we needed, and once we got out of the apartment and walking, I decided to push the stroller while Amelia walked beside us. Laughing when Amelia began taking pictures of Isabel. "She's precious, isn't she? Where do you want to grab breakfast, Love?" I asked her gently, continuing to walk down the street, watching Isabel as she continued to look around at her surrounding in a curious manner, cooing whenever she got excited. "What baby? What baby girl?" I asked her in a high pitched voice, smiling when she yelled from excitement. "Are you happy you're finally out of the house for once?"

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
Going to the ranch for their family dinner tonight wasn't to try and make amends with anyone. I tried that, several times, and every time I tried they blew me off or said some smart remark about Amelia. At this point, I couldn't handle being around the Covington's and it sucked. How was I going to marry the man I loved with my entire soul when I couldn't even stand being around his family? I was going tonight for the sake of mine and Dawson's relationship. He and I had begun drifting and I hated it. The underlying tension that was there between us was something I wanted to get rid of, I just didn't entirely know how. I wanted Mateo to grow up loving his father's family, even if it meant I had to be more than civil with them.

Sighing as I walked around Central Market, I smiled at Mateo when I heard him coo, looking at him with a gentle expression. "Hola Mateo. Hi my baby boy." I said in the usual mommy voice, laughing when he laughed. Sighing softly, I realized grocery shopping alone with Mateo was much harder than I expected but when I heard my phone ring, I knew the first one was Amelia then the second was Dawson. Pulling out my phone, I kept my foot on Mateo's stroller while I read their messages and typed out a reply.

"I know what you mean. I thought it would be a good idea to go grocery shopping with Mateo but that was a big mistake. I can't really buy anything." After sending the first text to Amelia, I got the picture of my niece and squealed happily. "Ahhhh, I love her! (red heart). I miss her so much already and Mateo is dying to meet her! There's nothing wrong with being a gushing mom. As much as I don't want to go tonight, I am, for Mateo's sake. I guess we'll just see how everything ends up."

After replying to Amelia, I opened mine and Dawson's thread, smiling weakly when I read his message.

"I tried coming grocery shopping with Mateo but that was a mistake. We miss you so much more. I know they've missed him. I hope everything goes well. Stay hydrated! I love you." Thank God, Brett's going to be there. I need him. "Will Savannah be there?" I asked him, biting my lip. The only thing I bought from the store was some fruits to make a smoothie once I was back home. After buying the fruit, I made my way back to the car, putting everything in the back after putting Mateo in as well.

Amelia
Watching Jayden talk to our daughter was one of my new favorite things to do. He showed a side of himself with her I knew not many people saw and hoped when she grew up, she would love him for it. I wanted her to have a relationship with her dad, unlike me. I prayed for them to always be there for each other no matter what happened between Jayden and I.

"Mommy's excited to be out of the house," I admitted happily running in front of them with a laugh, enjoying the fresh air. Walking backward facing them I smiled at Jayden. "Hmm let's go to Taco Bamba. I really want tacos, but first, I need coffee."

Stopping at the nearest cafe I trusted to make my coffee I ordered a large vanilla iced coffee, shaking my head at Jayden when he ordered his udual plain coffee with two sugars.

"You drink your coffee like an old man," I teased, taking over the stroller when Jayden jumped in front of me to pay for our coffees. Isabel wasn't used to all the noise but she stayed quiet, her gaze on me while she tried to figure out what was going on. As I suspected, strangers came over to greet her When Jayden returned she already received a slew of hellos and compliments from the people walking in for their morning caffeine rush. I did my best to be nice about it. If no one touches her it's fine, Amelia.

Looking at my phone to distract myself, I sighed at my best friend's reply. What's best for Mateo is that his family accept his mother. Because of what happened between me and Isabel before my daughter was born I didn't want to press our friendship by getting into her beef with the Convingtons. But you know it's not a good idea to go alone. I had a bad feeling about this.

Avoiding the conversation completely, I just continued our other one about the babies.

"She misses you too. All these strange people keep talking to her and she wants her aunt to come save her, Lollll (Maybe that's me). We're going to get tacos. I'll be sure to make you jealous and send pictures. " Sending the text I smiled faintly I handed off the stroller when Jayden handed me my coffee and we continued our adventure while I daydreamed what it would be like if Isabel was her with Mateo, the two of us adventuring downtown as we had many times before but this time as moms. It would be so cute. Sigh. Instead, you're going day is going to turn shitty and you're not going to tell me about it right away.

When Jayden asked me what was wrong, I looked up at him and shrugged. "I just wish Isabel was here with Mateo. Dawson went to Pensacola and I still don't trust the Convingtons with them when Dawson's not around, but it's not my place to say anything. I just wish she was here where she didn't feel so alone." Now I'm upset. "What if they never treat her right, Jayden?" I asked obviously worried as we continued to stroll down the street. "She doesn't deserve any of this and it's only because she's a different race and you know it. It's disgusting and I'm not going to let them think it's acceptable. If I knew how his family was going to be I would have never agreed to setting them up." I didn't want to turn Jayden's mood sour by bringing up Isabel but I couldn't help it. I was worried about her and I didn't want to keep it to myself, if I internalized it, it would be an endless cycle of me arguing with Dawson over her.
I don't want her marrying him if this is how it's going to be.

Last edited:
Jayden
Nodding, I followed Amelia wherever she decided to go first. I was looking forward to eating but when she mentioned wanting coffee first, I instantly agreed. While I was out buying things early in the morning, I forgot to get my usual cup of coffee so when we went inside one of the cafes Amelia knew would make her coffee right, I got mine, paying and thanking the barista before handing Amelia her coffee. "So what? It's good like this." I said in response to Amelia claiming I drink coffee like an old man. I was never offended by it because it was true, I only liked it black with two sugars. Shrugging my shoulders, I went back to the stroller and continued pushing Isabel as all three of us continued our family adventure downtown.

As we continued walking towards Taco Bamba, I noticed Amelia became upset after looking and typing some response back to whoever was texting her. I naturally became worried because I didn't want her to be upset on her birthday, but when I finally asked her what was wrong, I would have never imagined she would tell me how she felt about Isabel being around Dawson's family, or how she felt about the entire situation her best friend was in. I knew that after what happened in Dallas, my lovely fiancee was trying to stay out of any drama regarding the Covingtons and I didn't blame her. I grew to realize Dawson's family were very close-minded people, people who were not open to others not like them. For instance, Isabel, Amelia's best friend.

Sighing however, I nodded because everything Amelia had said was true, although I wished it wasn't. I knew this whole situation had to be hard for Dawson because it was expected of him to chose between his family or Isabel. I knew my best friend didn't want to chose and still very much so had intentions on marrying Isabel despite all their lows they had recently been facing. I just wonder if that's something Isabel still wants. Taking Amelia's hand in mine, I pushed our daughter with the other while as we continued our stroll and talked about our friends. I wasn't upset that she brought it up. I was actually glad that she did because I didn't want her internalizing anything when it came to this situation. Everything needed to be heard.

"I wish she was here with Mateo too, if we're being honest. I should've invited her and I'm not sure why I didn't. Personally, I don't think she should go tonight, Amelia. You and I both know that without Dawson there his family will find this an opportunity to remind her how much they dislike her. It's disgusting, yes but it's never going to stop until finally grows a pair and confronts them about it." Just like I told your sorry ass to do so when Mateo was born, Covington. "I had never met Dawson's family before setting them up but if I had, I would've never done it. If this is how it's going to be, I don't want Isabel to marry him." I knew what I just said was major. I knew it was harsh but it was reality. I didn't want Isabel to marry into a family that disliked her without even getting to know her. I didn't want her agreeing to be with Dawson forever when he couldn't even stand up to his family and make them realize how much Isabel means to him and how she isn't going anywhere. You're gonna lose her, Covington. "But we both know Bel and if she's made up her mind on going tonight then it's happening. All you and I have to do is be there for her, Amelia. When Dawson is back in Dallas I'll give him a call. I think he and I need to have another conversation because I know he still had every intention of marrying Isabel but he's just not being the man he needs to be for his family right now. You just keep doing what you're doing with Isabel and we just have to see how this plays out but we can't get involved anymore than just talking to them, okay my love? They need to talk and work this out too." Kissing Amelia's forehead, I smiled down at her. "If it's meant to be it'll be but no matter what, Isabel always has a place to stay with us. Both her and Mateo."

Amelia
I hope one day soon the pilot proves me wrong. "I'll do my best," I agreed with Jayden, still not wanting to get involved. Isabel's decisions were her own and I had to respect that, always and just be there for her when it mattered. Letting it go, I enjoyed my breakfast with Jayden. So far, we had a pretty easy baby and that put me at ease, knowing so far she was easily adaptable and not fearful of a change in her immediate surroundings.

Sitting across the table from Jayden with my tacos now in front of me, I took my first satisfying bite, humming in pleasure, looking up at him with love in my eyes. "How's work?" I asked, for the first time without sounding bitter in months. I was curious as to what he was up to, I knew, as much as I wanted him to be considerate of what I was doing to take care of our daughter, I should be considerate towards him and what he was doing to provide for us. "Got any good cop stories, lieutenant?"

Jayden
I chuckled when I heard Amelia hum in pleasure as she took the first bite of her taco. She always loved tacos so being here on her birthday wasn't a surprise to me. As I sat across from her at the table, I took a bite of my own tacos, looking up her in surprise when she asked me how work was going. She and I hadn't discussed work in awhile without it sounding bitter. I knew she disliked the fact that I took on more shifts. I knew she hated that I took on the night shifts again, leaving her alone with Isabel but I was trying to save up for a bigger space. We needed it and I refused to move into another apartment. Isabel and Lincoln, when he was able to live with us, needed their own place to call home. A house. That's the goal I set for us and I was going to achieve it.

"Work is the same. I took on a slower beat a week ago so it's been exactly that, slow." Laughing softly, I took a sip of my water before I smiled. "Sadly, I don't have any good cop stories but when I do, believe you'll be the first person to know. has anything else exciting happened to you and Isabel while I'm away? Are you going to go back to work?"

Amelia
"You're boring, what hot cop doesn't have cop stories? No arrests? No busts? This is the United States political capital!" I teased, drinking my water, I furrowed my eyebrows when Jayden asked if anything exciting happened in his absence the last week. "Oh yeah, a two week old's life is so exciting. All she does is sleep, like she is now," I said pointing to her, slumped over in the stroller. Looking over at Jayden I was caught off gaurd by him asking me about work. Do you want me to go back? "Well, I'll be out for at least another month, but I haven't decided yet. It's just us here and hopefully by then she'll be on a regular feeding schedule and i don't want to mess it up. What are your thoughts on it?" I asked him curiously, wondering if he did have a preference. I knew out of the two of us, I made the most money. I don't know what to do. If anyone was shocked at my confession about not wanting to go back to work right away, it was me. I always pictured myself to be the most dedicated career woman, but the moment I laid eyes on my daughter, everything else was put on the back burner. As much as I am afraid to be your mother, I want you to know you mean the most to me. I hadn't told Jayden I wanted to,move back home to Florida because i didn't want to make it seem like I was being demanding and not considering his feelings in what was now our life and not just my own. I knew the police force there was decent and by now I had established myself well enough as a journalist to be qualified to work the biggest paper in Florida. I was thinking about the possibilities a lot lately. Being home alone most of the day with a newborn left too much spare time to think. But the bottom line was, as much as I was making it work, I didn't want to keep doing this alone. We still had to discuss taking trips to both Florida and Illinois for the family who had yet to meet little Bel. It seemed like we had a million things to figure out and every time I let myself think about it, I was overwhelmed with unwanted stress. What are we going to do?

Jayden
I knew me not having any stories to tell made me boring. I hadn't really been on the bust calls, haven't really made any arrests. My work life was quite boring right now but I didn't really mind. It meant less of a potential of getting hurt. Now, I couldn't just throw myself into any situation without considering Amelia, my future wife, my daughter and my son. They were my world and I had to go back to them every night. I needed to be there for every important event in their lives and I couldn't leave them. I had to start thinking about my family first, which is why I had been giving thought to moving from D.C. All the shifts I had been picking up were so Amelia and I could afford to pay a down payment. I wanted to make sure we had what we needed because as everyone knew, Amelia would always make more than I ever could. When I heard her ask how I felt about her work, I was a bit thrown off. Honestly? I didn't want Amelia to go back to working with the CIA. I wanted her to do what she was meant to do. I wanted her to work in journalism again, telling the stories only she could tell. "My honest thoughts?" I asked her, biting my lip as the nerves set in. You have to tell her you want to move. She needs to know. "I don't really want you to go back to work there. Actually Amelia, I've been thinking about moving. Maybe moving back to Dallas or to Florida where all your family is. I think being somewhere with family is where we need to be right now." I told her. I finally told her the truth about what I had been thinking. We need to talk this out, together, as a family.

Amelia
You mean to tell me we are on the same page? Smiling at Jayden I wiped my hands on my napkin before reaching for Isabel who wanted to be held. Rocking her in my arms, I handed her the pacifier, kissing her forehead. "I agree," I confessed looking up at Jayden with a bittersweet expression. As much as I always knew D.C was just going to be a chapter and not an end goal, it was still difficult to accept this chapter had come to an end for both of us.

"You know I don't want to go back to Dallas though," I don't need to be in the middle of a family feud and lose my best friend because of it. Isabel and I were finally on good terms again and I didn't want to ruin it with my impulsive nature to protect her and Mateo at any cost, and Jayden ruled out ever moving back to Chicago before Isabel was born. So are we saying I'm moving back home where I swore I would never go? Funny how things work out huh?

"Are you sure you want to live that close to my crazy family?" I teased, continuing to rock our daughter who was whimpering softly. You're so cute it hurts. "I can tell you I know every beat in that city and even the boring ones get some action from time to time. You could apply for a special unit and get it with your experience, My grandpa did SWAT for a few years. He'll tell ya all his stories. It'll make his day, he misses the force."

Jayden
Sigh, I wish the Covington's weren't around. It would have been nice to be with Isabel and Dawson again so Florida it is. "Mm, I think I can handle living that close to your family. I actually quite like them and I know they like me." I stated as a matter-of-fact, winking in Amelia's direction before I released a laugh. "I never really thought about applying for a special unit but now I'm tempted to. What if I become a detective?" I asked her, grinning when I saw her nose scrunch up in disgust. "I'm kidding. As if I would ever become a detective. I'd like to talk with your gramdpa. If I'm going to work where he once did, it would be nice to know what I'm getting myself into over there." I could talk about the future with Amelia for days. Everything was going to work out and I couldn't be more excited for this move. I wanted to be able to call a place home, somewhere I could watch our children grow up and live their best lives. Somewhere that would give them a good foundation. "So, Florida it is, huh? They're really going to wonder what the heck a Yankee is doing living down there." And I look forward to it. This is it. This is our new chapter in life. Are you as excited as I am, Amelia? I knew she was but I wasn't sure how Isabel would take the news. She and Amelia had just gotten on good terms again. I knew they would continue to be there and support one another. "Thanksgiving is going to be one hell of a time this year."

Amelia
"You'll fit in just fine," I agreed, content with the decision we made over lunch. This was our first step to our next endeavor as a family. We agreed to start looking at houses back home in Florida. Jayden would apply for the local department and I the paper and we would go from there. For the first time in months, I felt at ease about the future because I knew what to expect. There was a plan in place, and if all went as planned, it was meant to be for the long run. Looking back at Jayden while we finished our lunch, I daydreamed about our future together in Florida with Bel and Lincoln. All four of us on the beach together at sunset, Lincoln playing ball with Jayden on the soft sand while I introduced our daughter to the saltwater that brought me the most comfort when I grew up there at the shoreline. It all just seemed perfect, and suddenly, it was everything I wanted.

Two Weeks Later...
Dallas, Texas
Dawson
A week had passed since I returned home from Pensacola. It was a relief to be back, it was hot, but not as unbearable as the Florida humidity that was for sure. Aside from the heat though, I was pleased to be back at home with Isabel and Mateo, where I felt I belonged. I knew despite my return, Isabel was still aloof about our relationship given the tension she stressed over with my extended family. The constant back and forth between them was still prevalent and I wasn't sure what I was going to do to try and make amends on both sides, until the perfect plan occurred to me.

I was determined to show the ones who doubted Isabel's authenticity the incredible woman that she was and I was equally determined to show Isabel how talented and loved she was despite her slump. She was still a courageous journalist with an inspirational eye for detail. She was still the woman I fell in love with.

During my week of being home, I planned the whole event, telling Isabel it was a formal I was expected to attend so she would pick the right dress for the occasion. Every detail had been taken care of, but now that it was set to take place, I found myself to be anxious that something would go wrong before I could do the unveiling.

"Isabel, are you ready?" I called from across our small home, folding my sleeves and putting my phone in my jacket pocket after I checked it to make sure everything was going as smoothly as I hoped. "We have to be there in forty-five minutes. I'm sure you look fine, amor. It's just a dinner."
At least that's what you think. If all goes right, this is what you need to get back on your feet, back to being yourself. I can only pray it works, This is my one shot to prove everything to you.

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
Since Dawson's return back from Pensacola, I tried my hardest to let go of everything that caused the tension between my pilot and I. I so desperately wanted everything to go back to how it was and I wanted to stop being so distant from the man who stole my heart. He made me feel special, unlike any other guy could, and I knew he was still the man I wanted to marry, even if his family and I were still going back and forth. I wished they could understand and accept me for who I was but right now, I didn't even know who I was. I was stuck in a slump and I didn't know how to get out.

I still had that tug in my heart, the one that made me pick up a camera everyday to tell the many stories only I knew I could. I knew journalism was still what I was called to do but if we were being honest, I was down in the slumps ever since I lost my job. The Dallas Morning News was everything I worked for during college and being let go hurt me more than anyone would ever understand. That was my goal, even if I knew it was never supposed to be long term. Now, I was doubting my ability. I didn't know what I was going to do. I had a job calling me to teach at UNT but I wasn't ready to be in a classroom talking about my short-lived career. I needed more time before I even attempted to do that.

Luckily, with Dawson's return, I was able to push my funk aside, even if just for a little while. When he told me about this formal event we were going to, I was excited. It gave me a reason to dress up, something I hadn't really done since Mateo was born. I wasn't confident enough in my body right now to do so. Yes, I lost the weight I wanted to but the stretch marks were always a reminder that I gained weight. I decided on a really pretty navy dress for the event, though. It had a slit which means my leg would show but that was a part of me I would never mind showing off. I would always love my legs.

As I sat at my vanity, fixing up the last strand of my hair, I looked towards the room door when I heard Dawson call me. "It may be just a dinner but I still have to look nice!" I called out, giving myself one last glance in the mirror before I grabbed my phone, putting it in my clutch before I walked out of the room, biting my lip when Dawson turned to look at me. "Do I look alright? I feel like it's hugging all the wrong places." You're an idiot, Isabel. You literally picked this dress out yourself. Relax. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I walked over to Dawson, fixing up his shirt and tie. "And here I thought you knew how to put ties on yourself." I teased, kissing his jaw gently before I pulled away. "Are you sure Mateo is going to be okay with your mom?" I didn't like being away from him. I never would.

Dawson
Are you kidding me? You look radiant. Cupping her face in my hands, I kissed her forehead tenderly. "Mi esposa es hermosa," I whispered before I pulled away from her, chuckling at her teasing. That was the first time I saw her eyes sparkle since our son was born. "Maybe I messed it up on purpose," I replied in a smirk, pulling her closer to me before I kissed her before she went for my jawline. You make me weak in more than just the knees. God, woman. Reaching for her hands, I nodded. "He'll be okay, Amor. He adores his grandma. We'll get him back in the morning, I promise. Let's go."

Leading her out to the truck, I picked her up and put her inside, closing the door, careful not to catch her dress, but not before sneaking another kiss. I could spend the rest of my life with this woman and never get enough of her. Here goes nothing. I was more nervous now than I was when I almost proposed to her, but I wanted to do this for her, she deserved it.

I knew it was only a matter of time before she realized we weren't going to dinner and become suspicious, but I expected it. Turning up the radio to listen to the usual country, we pulled out of our driveway and to the event space I rented in downtown Dallas for the night.

"Just relax," I said putting my hand on her exposed leg when she realized where we were. Turning down the music, I pulled into the hotel. "We aren't going to dinner, at least, not yet, we have to make a pitstop first." Letting the valet take the truck, I took her hand and led her inside, laughing at her cluelessness as we made our way to the ballroom. "C'mon!" I exclaimed hurrying down the hall, leading her to the door before I let go of her hand, "Open it," I insisted putting my hands in my pockets. "It's for you."

On the other side of the grand doors was Isabel's first showcase of her professional work as a photojournalist. The staff here were nice enough to transform the space for me, and with Amelia's help, we picked all her best works, ones we knew she was proud of. They were blown up and placed around the room elegantly for all the attendees to walk through, and of course, what was a showcase without notable guests? Along with all of Isabel's family from Corpus, Amelia and Jayden agreed to attend with our new niece. All the Covingtons were here too to support m love on her big night. The other kicker? I invited all of Isabel's professional network and anyone else they wanted to bring along, I hoped she would catch the eye of the right person who would find her to be a valuable member to their newsroom. A few photos in tonight's showcase were already being eyed for purchase but I declined all offers so far, wanting Isabel to make that decision herself. Tonight we were all here to support her for her compassion to tell the stories that often fell between the cracks. Tonight we were all honoring a woman who was only just beginning to make her difference on the world.

Last edited:
Isabel
The drive wasn't what I expected it to be. We weren't heading anywhere to have dinner. We ended up arriving at a hotel and not just any hotel, we were at the Statler. It always took my breath away, looking at such a beautiful hotel, but catching a glance of the Dallas Morning News right next to it made my heart ache. I miss it. When Dawson told me to relax, I released the deep breath I didn't realize I was holding. We were in my favorite part of Dallas. We were on Commerce Street, next to Main Street Park, right in the middle of every skyscraper in Dallas. Being here made me feel at ease but I had no clue what we were doing here.

I didn't say much when we arrived at the beautiful hotel. I simply got out of the truck with Dawson, letting him take my hand as he gave valet the keys to his Silverado. As we walked inside and Dawson lead me to the ballroom, all I could focus on was the clacking of my white Louboutin's. I felt my heart beat fast and hard against my chest and I swear my knees were growing weak. "You know I don't like surprises." I whispered to him, biting my lip as I gripped his hand tightly, not entirely ready to open the heavy set doors like Dawson told me to. "What's inside?" Just what did you do, Six?

Finally building up the courage, I took a deep breath before smiling at the man I loved, finally finding it in me to open the doors. Dawson's too excited so it can't be that bad. Just open the doors already, Anes. Pushing them open, my breath was taken away for the third time today because what I found did more than take my breath away. "Oh my god." I said, immediately moving my hands to cover my mouth as I took in everything I was now seeing. I saw Amelia and Jayden holding my mini me. I saw my family, everyone who mattered to me from Corpus. I saw Mateo, dressed so precious and sleeping in the arms of his grandmother. There was also my colleagues, everyone I used to work with and people I knew from other newsrooms. What really took my breath away, though, was my pictures blown up and displayed around the room. There was a sign by the door and the only words I could make out in my shocked state were 'Welcome to the First Showcase of Isabel Anes'. Oh my fucking god. Dawson did all of this?

Turning around, I kept my hands covering my mouth, the tears inevitably leaving my eyes and sliding down along my cheeks. "Dawson." I said quietly, my voice raspy, "You did all of this?" I asked, hugging him tightly when he nodded. "Thank you." I whispered before I kissed him lovingly, pulling away as I heard him tell me we needed to go inside. Giggling, I nodded. "Let's."

I followed him in, smiling at everyone as they clapped at me. Everything I felt in this moment was amazing. I knew my smile was genuine and no one could possibly ruin this night for me. This was something I needed to get me back on my feet and out of my slump. I was quick to walk over to Amelia, taking her into a tight hug as I wiped away the tears that lingered. "I can't believe Dawson did this. I can't believe you didn't tell me!" I said with a laugh, hugging Jayden and kissing my mini me when he walked over. "Everything's perfect." I told my closest friends, excusing myself when my family motioned me over. After making my rounds of hugging people and saying hello, I cleared my throat as their attention soon turned on the many pictures throughout the room. It was amazing watching everyone admire my work and it reassured me that every story I covered was worth everything I did.

While everyone enjoyed their time, I walked to a small corner, Mateo in my arms, fixing my gaze on the photographs of the first story I ever covered. I could hear every elderly woman's voice telling me all about what they did and why the did it. It was a trip down memory lane for me as a photographer. I never felt like this story was mine but it was. "This was mommy's first story, Mateo. These women were some of the nicest people I ever met and they do such amazing things for those who need it." I said softly to my son, smiling when he seemed to look at the pictures himself. "One day I'll tell you every story I've ever covered." Soak it in, Anes. These are all your work.

Feeling arms wrap around my waist, I smiled as I continued to look at the pictures before I looked back at the man I loved, the one who put all of this together. "I love you, Dawson Nicholas Covington. All of this is amazing. Thank you. I appreciate it more than you will ever know." I whispered, kissing him gently and full of passion before I pulled away and smiled when Amelia walked over. "Thank you for helping him, Best Friend. I really needed this. It means a lot to me." I thanked her softly, not moving out of Dawson's arms but when I overheard someone saying they wanted to purchase a picture, my eyes went wide before I looked at Amelia then Dawson. "They want to buy my work?" I asked them both, completely dumbfounded. They want to buy my work, MY work. I can't believe this is happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back