• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love: Draft Three

Washington D.C.
Amelia
Looking up at Jayden, I saw his attention was caught in his phone, but I didn't think much of it because it was his birthday. It was probably someone sending him well wishes. All I could think about though was how long it would take to get out of here, the sun was overcasting right over us. Shifting in my chair to try and get comfortable, I gave Jayden a fake smile in return. Easy for you to say, she's not trying to crush your bones,. just mine.. I'm sure this month will be a breeze for you, Jayden.

"So close," I agreed, moving the hair off my neck before I started to quickly braid it in effort to be the heat while Jayden sipped his wine.

"What else do you want to do today?" I asked trying to keep myself distracted from the heat Today was one of my lucky few days off. After freelancing for a few months after being terminated from The Post, I found the CIA was looking for a multiskilled videographer and after a good word from my former editor as he promised, I got the job. It wasn't one I expected to take on throughout my career, it wasn't much of a journalism job at all, but I had all the skills to fit the position and it paid well. I had no reason to complain, except maybe no one close to me really batted an eye about it except Jayden. When I got the job, the first thing I wanted to do was pick up the phone and tell Isabel, but I stopped myself.

When our lunch was brought out to us, I set an envelope in the middle of the table between us. When Jayden asked what it was, I shrugged.

"I don't know, you'll have to open it to find out. It's from me and Baby Girl. Happy Birthday."

Inside the envelope was a birthday card and two tickets to next weekend's Cubs game.

"For you and Lincoln. He wants to see you and I know he wishes he was here."

As I suspected Lincoln didn't get to see his dad as much since the news of his sister came along. I hated it. I wanted to take him for the summer again, but Tory seemed standoffish towards me for a few months now and I had a hunch as to why. Lincoln was hurt and Tory was his protector. I understood, but it didn't feel too great considering I was going through enough with Isabel. It was the last thing I needed to feel like i was tearing a family apart by bringing another child into the mix.

I was afraid Jayden would tell me he wouldn't go, but he didn't have a choice. I already told his family he was coming.

"It'll be fun. The seats behind the plate are the best. I'm jealous."

Dallas, Texas
Dawson
"I'm not biased, you're too critical and yes, Isabel, that's exactly what you do. Stop making excuses not to go see her. You're her best friend, she wants you to do those things. Actions, Amor. From what Jayden tells me, a lot has changed for her. I'm going to get our son. Think of what you want to do for dinner and quit being ridiculous thinking you're going to give up so soon." Pulling her into a kiss, I stroked her cheek, looking into her eyes. Before I grabbed the keys to walk out, I told her what she was dying to know. "It's a girl."

Washington D.C.
Jayden
When Amelia asked what else I wanted to do today, I wasn't sure what to respond with. I didn't know what else I wanted to do. I also knew she wasn't in the most comfortable state right now and I could only imagine it was because of our daughter hurting her mother. She had been giving Amelia a lot of trouble and I knew this last month of pregnancy was going to be a rough one. All I could do was be there for Amelia through it, allowing myself to be whatever she needed.

"I'm not sure. After we finish eating we can just go home. I'm always up for watching some more crime shows." I said with a laugh, smiling but becoming curious when Amelia slid an envelope in my direction when our lunch was brought to us. Raising a questioning eyebrow, I grabbed it, asking what was inside. I hated when Amelia never gave too many details. She knew that always killed me but before I even touched my food, I opened the envelope to find out what was inside. Looking at the tickets, I smiled excitedly. I hadn't been able to take Lincoln to a Cubs game recently and knowing that killed me. Looking up at the woman I loved, the mother of my unborn child, I smiled so bright and loving.

"You're an amazing woman, Amelia. I'll go, thank you. Will you be okay alone next weekend while I'm away?" I asked her softly, wishing in that moment I could text Isabel and tell her to come to D.C. but I couldn't. I didn't want to intrude on their friendship because Isabel needed to work this out herself. You could intervene. Both of them are being stubborn, Isabel especially. You could force them to be together but then that wouldn't go well either. Sighing, I put the tickets back in the envelope. I wanted to see Lincoln this weekend. I was excited to say the least but I was nervous about Amelia being so close to her due date and the pregnancy going the way it was. I knew I had to go to Chicago, though. I was just as much Lincoln's father as I was his unborn sister's. Maybe you can bring up wanting him to move with you to Tory. I know we might argue about it but I don't care. He's my son and I know he misses Amelia just as much as he misses me. "I love you, Amelia." I said gently, kissing her hand before I happily began to dig into my lunch.

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
Hearing Dawson tell me what I wanted to know for the past four months was enough to take my breath away. Amelia was having a girl. I couldn't stop the tears that began falling down my cheeks. This was something Amelia and I always dreamed of. Her having a girl and me being able to have a niece. I always talked about how excited I was for that to happen, how I was going to spoil her and be there through everything. Instead, I pulled away from Amelia, giving her a reason not to name my niece after me. I failed them both but I couldn't bare the thought of me continuing to fail them. Sighing softly, I sat up on the couch, reaching out for my laptop so that I could attempt to pull myself together. Dawson was right. My wallowing in self misery needed to stop.

The first thing I did was purchase a flight ticket to DC for next weekend. I couldn’t bare the thought of the distance for any longer and I knew I needed to fix what I caused. Actions Isabel. After buying the ticket, I searched for another position that may have opened up somewhere in the DFW area. Where one company was cutting back another was adding and hopefully I could prove I was worth hiring. I applied for all sorts of companies, not just journalism related ones. At this moment, I didn’t care where I worked, I just needed something. This was my rebound in a way. Lastly, I began looking at gifts to buy my niece, not even hearing the door when Dawson walked back in with our son. Looking up when he hovered over me, I smiled brightly and kissed him. “I love you.” I said contently, releasing a soft sigh. “Did Mateo behave for your mom?” The wine was finally leaving my system, which was good. I needed a clear train of thought right now. “I booked a flight to DC for next weekend. I hope you don’t mind. Will you be okay with Mateo or do I need to stay?”

Washington D.C.
Amelia
I was relieved when Jayden agreed to go to the game next weekend. I was stressed that I would have to fight him on it and that's the last thing I wanted to do on his birthday.

"I'll be okay. I want you to have this time with Lincoln before his sister comes. He deserves it," I replied playing with the necklace Lincoln gave me when he asked me to be his mom. Right now, with him being so far and me not being able to get to him. I felt like anything but. I wanted him to be here for his sister's arrival but I knew by then his school year would have started and there was no compromising with Tory there. I had already had a hormonal breakdown to Jayden about it. I hated feeling so helpless. I knew if Tory didn't want Lincoln to come there was no negotiating it because she was his legal guardian.

As for Jayden's birthday, I refused for him to spend it at home doing nothing because of me. You only turned 28 once and I wanted to make it special. Once we finished lunch. I decided to let his artistic side shine for once and took him to the art museum I knew he was eyeing since we moved here. Afterward, we went to the grocery store and I picked up the things to make his favorite cake from scratch. In my opinion, he deserved a more spectacular day than the one I gave him, but I did my best.

Putting his 28 candles on the cake is when I looked at my phone and saw Isabel texted me. When I saw what she had to say, I wasn't sure how to respond. We never completely cut ties but for her to admit she missed me was unusual. Something must be wrong if she wants to talk to me.
Just give her a chance.

"We can talk if you want. When?"

Even though I asked, I didn't expect anything to come of it. I just wanted her to know i was here if she still needed someone. I wasn't heartless, just hurt that things turned out the way they did.

Lighting Jayden's candles I laughed when he walked into the kitchen to see my creation.

"I'm no artist, sorry. I tried. I can tell you it tastes good," I defended in a giggle, pulling him into a kiss. "Blow them out before something catches fire."

Dallas, Texas
Dawson
"C'mon Mateo, let's go say hi to Mama," I whispered carrying the baby and his things into the house where he found Isabel on her computer hard at work on a scheme, I was sure. Setting Mateo's bag down, I carried him to the freezer for one of his teethers.

"Mom said he was fussy from teething, but he doesn't have a fever so nothing to worry about." Handing my son a teething ring, he calmed down almost instantly before I handed him to his mother, accepting her kiss happily.

"Mmm so you decided to go?" I asked in a playful smirk, sitting next to her, laying a hand on her leg. "We'll be fine, but I thought you'd bring him. I'm sure Amelia would want to see him, but that's up to y'all. Did you tell her you're coming?"

Washington D.C.
Jayden
Going to the art museum was something I had been wanting to do since I moved here to D.C. with Amelia. D.C. was always the goal and the dream for me growing up and now tha I was actually here, I never gave myself the chance to explore like I have been wanting to. The art museum was so perfect and letting my artistic side come out didn't happen often. Being able to let it flow with the woman I loved meant the world to me. Even if Amelia didn't think she did enough for my birthday, I needed to let her know she actually did.

When we arrived back home, I was in the living room while Amelia spent her time in the kitchen. I knew she was baking me something but she wouldn't tell me exactly was it is. All I could do was enjoy the smell of whatever it was baking. Oooo, I know what it is now. It's my favorite cake. She was making me my favorite cake and once I realized that, I became too impatient, wanting to eat it now,

Walking into the kitchen, I smiled down at the woman who held my heart, looking at the cake she made for me, chuckling at her comment. "I think it looks just fine, love. I already know it's going to taste good and I can't wait to dig in. Do I have permission to dig in already?" I asked, looking at the lit candles, happily obliging when she told me to blow them out. I leaned over, blowing out the candles before chuckling, grabbing two plates, a knife and two forks quickly. "Alright, let's cut this and dig in! Do we still have ice cream in the fridge?"

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
When Dawson was telling me about Mateo being fussy because of him teething, I nodded in understanding, still looking at something I could buy my niece before I went to visit Amelia this coming weekend. Hearing my laptop ding is when I saw the message from Amelia show up, biting my lip softly before I released a sigh. Opening the messages, I quickly typed out a reply.

"Maybe later tonight? I really need you right now but I um, I have something to tell you. I kinda booked a flight to D.C. next weekend... I can stay in a hotel, I don't mind, I would just like to see you and give you somethings for my niece. I also want to apologize for everything in person. Just let me know if next weekend works for you."

After sending the message, I released a deep sigh, amazed that I even had the courage to tell Amelia I was going. Shutting my laptop, I set it aside, happily taking my son from his father with a bright smile. "Hi Mateo. Hi my love. I'm sorry you're in pain but mommy can make it feel better." I told Mateo, sitting him in my lap with his back against me while I held the teether Dawson gave him, fascinated with my son teething away on it.

Looking over at Dawson, I blinked when he suggested taking Mateo with me. I hadn't thought about doing that, and I wasn't sure Amelia would be okay with that. Oh shut up, Anes. You know damn well Amelia would love to see Mateo. "I actually just told her that I booked a flight there a few minutes ago. She hasn't responded back yet but yeah, I could ask her if she'd like to see Mateo. Do you think he'll be okay though?" I asked him curiously, shaking my head when I saw his smirk. "Ya don't have to smirk ya know, Six." I said, sticking my tongue out with a laugh. "Let's order Chinese takeout for dinner, please?" You know you shouldn't, Anes. You haven't even lost the amount of weight you want to from being pregnant. Is Chinese really a good idea right now?

Washington D.C.
Amelia
Eyeing Jayden at his compliment of my failed attempt of cake decorating, I took a picture of him blowing out his candles. His child-like enthusiasm made my discomfort through the day worth it. Pulling the ice cream out of the freezer, I handed it to him I grabbed the ice cream scooper and starting scooping the ice cream onto the plates while I watched Isabel's name pop up on my home screen. Reading her message, I felt an array of complicated emotions. I was glad she was trying to make an effort, but I was also still upset and frustrated with her. What ser me the wrong way was what she said about my daughter. Your niece, huh. I don't know if that applies anymore. I wasn't going to have Isabel be a major part of my daughter's life if she was going to just disappear again. I was not putting my daughter through that kind of heartbreak. At this point, I didn't know if I even wanted her to come anymore. It sounded like she was only coming because someone, probably Dawson, told her what she was missing out on. Sighing in frustration, I set the phone aside for now. I was too emotional to have a conversation without taking it out on Isabel. I hated how complicated things were. She was supposed to be my best friend. Talking to her was supposed to be effortless, but it didn't feel that way anymore. I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I knew I had to make a decision. What if I let her come and it just turns out to be a disaster? Jayden won't be here. She's your best friend, Amelia, you don't just throw that away. She was there when no one else was. But she wasn't when I wanted her to be there the most.

"How is it?" I asked Jayden about his birthday cake, giggling when the pups came and sat at his feet, watching him closely, anticipating he would drop something. Being too distracted my Isabel's message and my thoughts, I picked up the phone again.

"We'll talk about it later when we talk. Later tonight is fine."

Dallas, Texas
Dawson
"Why wouldn't he be okay? You want him to be a world traveler he has to start somewhere." Watching my son cling to his mom for comfort while he soothed his aching gums, I smirked at Isabel making her own doubts. "You're thinking about it too much, Isabel. Don't be so nervous." Taking her free hand I nodded at her request, I nodded, "We can do that for sure." Picking my phone out of my pocket, I called to place our usual order.

Washington D.C.
Jayden
"It is good just like always." I told Amelia before stuffing my mouth with another spoonful of the cake and ice cream mixture. As I ate my sweet mixture, I looked over and noticed that Amelia was distracted by her thoughts. I had a feeling I knew what it was about. I wanted to bring it up to her but I knew if I did there was no telling how she would react. Dawson hadn't mentioned anything but by her expressions, I could tell Isabel had messaged her.

"Is everything alright, Melia?" I asked her softly, hoping my simple question didn't rub her the wrong way. I only wanted to ensure she was alright and that she and Isabel were going to be okay too. I know the two hadn't spoken much and I know it was because Isabel pulled away but none of them actually called the friendship off. They both deeply cared about each other but I felt bad for Amelia. Isabel seemed to only be making the effort because she finally opened up about it with Dawson. She seemed to want to fix things for her convenience and I knew that's what Amelia was thinking about. I knew Amelia was questioning if this friendship was actually going to work out, especially now because of our little girl coming into the world. "Is it Isabel? Wanna talk about it?"

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
"I have every right to be nervous, Dawson. I messed up. I pulled back from my best friend. I ruined the friendship we had. I don't, I don't think I should even go. I don't even think I should talk to her tonight. She probably hates me. She probably thinks I only want to her because its convenient. I told her I knew about the baby being a girl. God, Dawson, what if I go and this is it? What if we decide this whole friendship thing is never going to work again?" I asked him, biting my lip, as I took a deep breath before reaching over to grab my phone, seeing that Amelia responded.

"It's um, it's okay. Mateo's been really fussy lately due to teething. We can just, um, we can just talk another day. Sorry for bothering you."

After sending the text, I set my phone down, biting my lip as I tried to stop myself from crying. I couldn't do it. I couldn't bare knowing Amelia probably didn't want anything to do with me. I couldn't bare the thought of her no longer wanting me around. "Can you um, can you hold Mateo? I need to go to the bathroom." After handing off Mateo, I went to the bathroom and cried and quietly as possibly, sitting against the wall as I hugged my knees against my chest. I didn't want to move. I didn't want to keep feeling this. When I said I was at another low in my life, I really meant that.

Hearing a knock at the door, I cleared my throat, standing up as I wiped away my tears. "Give me a minute." I said simply, opening the door to come face-to-face with the man I loved. I couldn't hide myself crying from him anymore. I needed his comfort right now. Hugging him tightly, I cried against his chest, hiding my face. I wasn't aware that he had my phone. "She hares me, Dawson. She does. She doesn't want me anywhere near her and I can't blame her."

Washington D.C.
Amelia
By the time Jayden asked me if I was okay, I was already crying because I saw what Isabel replied. She just gave up, again. Wiping my tears with the back of my hand, I didn't even try to hide how upset I was, shaking my head before I laid against his chest.

"I can't keep doing this, Jayden." I whispered desperately, sobbing loudly. I tried to pull away to compose myself just as quickly as I broke, but he resisted me abandoning his embrace. Ten years of friendship felt like it was ending in this moment and my heart couldn't take it. "I wish I never went to that stupid rodeo," I said in a gasp against his shoulder. "She doesn't need me anymore." When Jayden finally let go, I ran off to the bedroom closing the door behind me, curling into my side of the bed where I cried for hours, until my face was stiff from my tears and the tension gave me an unbearable headache.
Just once, can you not back away from me? Please? Am I that much to handle?
Dallas, Texas
Dawson
Seeing Isabel's mood change drastically, I felt the distress in the pit of my stomach. Taking Mateo from her I watched her run for the bathroom and not long after, I heard her cries. Setting Mateo in the Pac and Play I grabbed her phone and headed for the bathroom, knocking on it gently. "Isabel, let me in." Please let me in. had never seen her so paralyzingly upset and I was at a complete loss. It was like she was grieving the unexpected loss of a loved one. In a sense, she was but I never imagined if anything happened between her and Amelia it would be like this. It was in that moment, I finally came to understand how much Amelia meant to Isabel. My heart broke for her. Taking her in my arms, I squeezed her tightly kissing her head, while I rubbed her back for comfort.

"Isabel, I'm sure she doesn't hate you, Amor. No one has reason to hate you. Just go see her and tell her what you want her to know. It's the only way to fix this." For once I was at a loss of what to say to comfort her. That's when the guilt of my family's bias finally caught up to me. I couldn't help but feel like I played a dirty hand in this misfortune and Isabel would never forgive me for it, especially if she actually lost her best friend

The Following Weekend: Washington D.C.
Isabel
I know what y'all are thinking. Why the hell did you show up to Washington D.C. after you didn't try once again? The answer is simple. Amelia was and still is my best friend. Despite everything that happened and me continuously pulling away, I knew one thing was certain. Amelia and I were best friends. We were always going to be until one of us actually ended the friendship. Last Friday felt like my entire world was crumbling. I was fired, I pulled away from Amelia again, and I even lashed out at Dawson. I couldn't hold anything in anymore so I snapped. That night, he left me with Mateo and went to the ranch. For what I didn't know nor did I care. It was because of his biased family any of this was happening and I would be damned if I let them ruin mine and Amelia's friendship.

Of course I didn't tell Amelia I was here. How could I after that night? So, I rented a hotel, just like I originally planned. I also didn't want anything bad to happen, but if this didn't work out, if Amelia told me to leave, at least I had a place to stay. Releasing a deep breath, I looked down at my phone to find a text from Dawson saying good morning. I smiled softly, responding to it with an I love you before I got out the car, walking up to Amelia’s door. I knocked on it, waiting for her to answer. I wouldn’t be surprised if she left your sorry ass out here, Isabel. I anxiously waited for her to open the door. I knew she was home. I still had her location and Dawson had mentioned that Jayden went to Chicago this weekend to see Lincoln. Please, Amelia. I’m sorry. I suck at being your best friend and I’m sorry. Just please, answer.

Washington D.C.
Amelia
With Jayden away for the weekend, I was left to finish last minute baby prep by myself. With three weeks left until her arrival, I was in the advanced stages of my nesting, and being by myself just made me paranoid that something was going to happen and Jayden wasn't going to be here. Trying not think about it too hard, I didn't want to wish myself into early labor so I did everything I could to keep occupied. Unable to sleep, I decided to wash the ridiculous amount of clothes Baby Girl already had ready for her before I sorted them and put them all away. Jayden, being who he was, already put all the big things together so he knew I wouldn't.

I was four piles deep into separating in the living room when i heard the door followed by Jade and Dallas barking at whoever was at the other end. Whose here? I wondered. I hoped it was no one important because I was underdressed for company, lounging around in nothing but Jayden's clothes and my hair in a lopsided ponytail.

Getting up from the couch, I looked through the peephole and saw the last person I was expecting. Lowering my head from the door I left my hand on the handle, taking a deep breath before I answered it. What is she doing here? You won't know unless you let her in. Giving in, I knew I couldn't leave her in the hallway, even though I thought about it. I just didn't know what to say now that I couldn't avoid her. Things had gotten that awkward. Pushing the dogs away, I unlocked the deadbolt and opened the door. I decided I would let her have the first word since she was the one who came all the way from Texas to say whatever she needed to say that she didn't get to because I never opened her thread anymore. Here goes nothing.

Last edited:
Isabel
I wasn't expect Amelia to actually open the door. I knew she had to have at least thought about it, and if she did I couldn't have been upset. I did all of this to myself. Taking a deep breath, I let it out as I heard her unlock the deadbolt, watching the door open. Say something stupid. I thought to myself, unable to find any words now that I was face-to-face with Amelia. "I'm sorry." I whispered softly, trying not to cry but I know we both heard the crack in my voice. "I uh, I decided to come after all. I can say sorry as many times as I want but you and I both know my apologies won't fix anything. I love you, Amelia and I'm really sorry for pulling away. I'm a shit best friend. I told you that from the beginning. I never meant to pull back like I did nor did I intend for it to happen as long as I did, but I'm sorry. I'm also not here because I found out about your baby being a girl, or the time just being convenient for me. I came because I miss you. I miss you so much, Amelia and these past four months without you have been hell. You've missed so much with Mateo. He's already teething and causing havoc." At this, I laughed, my voice quivering the more I talked. "I just, I want to fix this Amelia. I want you to know I love you and you will always be my best friend until the day you tell me I'm too much to handle. I'm really sorry." After I finished speaking, Amelia didn't say anything. I let the silence linger before I looked down at my feet in defeat. I lost her. Way to go, Anes. I should leave right here, right now but I was tired of not fighting. "I'm always going to fuck up, Amelia. That's what I'm best at but I'm not leaving D.C. until I know we're going to be alright again." It's not like I have to be at work anyways but I won't tell you that. Not now at least.

Amelia
Letting Isabel go on her emotional rant, I stood in the doorway of the apartment with my arms crossed, not saying a word. It wasn't time to give in. Keeping my voice low, I shook my head.

"Isabel, this isn't fair. I've never let you walk away from me, ever. I went to the rodeo for you. I came back, hoping to fix things each time, for you. When Dawson treated you like shit, I stayed, for you. I've always done everything that I could, for you. Ten years is a long time to put into someone, and the one time I expect you to stand up for me, you just let me go, and then, you didn't even try to fix it. until four months later. Months. Do you think I would ever let you go that long without talking to me? And for what, because you decided that I actually do mean something to you? Why did it take so long? And then you show up here, expecting me to forgive you, if you could just see me because you know in my head these past four months have been hell without you, and you know, I'll forgive you because I love you that much. It's not fair. Where were you?"

By now, I was crying and when I felt her take me into an embrace, leading the two of us inside, closing the door behind her, I let go of all the tears I held back whenever I thought of her. i wanted to be angry and push her away, but I just couldn't do it anymore, not when she was the only person I wanted her to comfort me.

Isabel
Listening to Amelia, I knew in my heart none of this was fair. Me showing up four months later wanting to fix things when she always tried fixing them immediately after they happened wasn't fair. I chose Dawson, a man I wasn't even sure I would ever marry, cloud my judgement on making the right choice. I was so caught up in my self-inflicted misery that I didn't even fight for the one constant in my life. The one I wanted to have until the day I died. You really fucked up.

Hugging Amelia tightly, I moved us inside, closing the door behind us as I just held her, letting her cry it out. I pushed back my own tears because right now wasn't about me. Right now was about Amelia and me making things right with her again. "I'm so incredibly sorry, Amelia. None of this is fair to you and I'm sorry I let months go by before I tried fixing it. I'm sorry I put you through that. I'm just like everyone else, huh? I didn't mean for this to happen but this is all my fault. I pulled back. I didn't fight for you and I'm sorry. Coming here, I wasn't expecting you to forgive me on the spot, Amelia. I know you can't do that and you shouldn't. I came because my apology to you needed to be in person. I love you. You were the only constant in my life other than my mom and I messed that up. I'm sorry."

Being as emotional as I was, I couldn't fight back the need to cry anymore. I cried, holding Amelia in the embrace and not wanting to let go, scared that when I did nothing would ever be the same. I was scared that once I let her go, once I walked out of her apartment door, I would lose her forever, and I had no one to blame but myself. I let Dawson's family come between the only person who was always there these past ten years. I pushed away a wonderful friendship and I had to come to the conclusion that it just might be over now.

"I should've never let his family come between us. I should've never let the fear of being single ruin what we have, Amelia. I was scared then and I'm scared now." I've lot everything. You, my job, any future with Dawson, I've lost it. All because of the stupid Covington's and my inability to stand up for you. Because of my need of being liked by everyone. I ruined it all. I'm sorry.

Amelia
You were the only constant in my life other than my mom. Were. So she already decided. Pulling away from her, I suddenly couldn't handle her touching me. You didn't have to come here to tell me this wasn't worth it to you anymore. A text would have been suffice.

With tears still glossing my eyes, I gave her the weakest smile. What do you have to be afraid of? You have everything now. A family, a successful career, he still wants to marry you. Go, be with him. In my anger, I decided to reveal something to her about Dawson like he had done about my daughter.

"You have nothing to be afraid of. He wants to marry you. He was going to ask you the same night you told him about Mateo but then I fucked it all up and after that, he didn't want you to think he was giving you a ring just because you have a son together. He wants you to have it when it can be just about you. He's good for you, Bel. He really is. You'll wear the name well, I just hope they treat you well. I hope in the very least, I taught you what it means to be loved and treated well."

That was all I could think to say since she already made her decision, not knowing what else to do, I just walked away. "You know your way out."

Isabel
You fucked up. You didn't think when you spoke, you idiot. Now she doesn't want anything to do with you. Here you go ruining every good thing that ever comes in your life. How typical.

Watching Amelia pull away from me in disgust is what broke me. I couldn't help but continue crying, wracking my brain as I tried to figure out what to say to fix this. Was there even a chance of fixing this? All I did was stand there, listening to her tell me about Dawson's true intentions about marrying me. I couldn't help but shake my head because at one point in my life, I would've been touched by this information. Now, now I didn't even know if being married is what I wanted anymore.

Standing by the door looking like an idiot, I continued wracking my brain but I couldn't handle this anymore. I just slumped to the ground, unable to even stay standing. I didn't want Amelia's pity, and that's what I saw when she looked at me with worry. I knew she wanted to help me but she couldn't. I ruined everything. The only thing I could do was tell her everything I hadn't told her in the span of four months. I told her how fucked up my life really was right now, and the only thing good going for me was Mateo.

"Ya know what's funny? At one point in my life, I would've been over the moon with what you told me. I would've been excited and anticipating the day he actually proposed. Now? Now I don't even care. I don't know if marrying him is something I still want. Not after this. Not after his family being the way they are. I can't do it. Let's be honest here, my life isn't as great as you think it is. These past four months have been shitty, up until now. Mateo hasn't been baptized, I ruined one of the best friendships I've ever had, and I lost my job. Nothing has been going right." Wiping away the tears as quickly as they fell, I cleared my throat, standing up in embarrassment for how I just acted. "Sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen." I said, clutching my purse tightly. "Amelia, before I leave, I need to tell you something. I wasn't think when I said what I did earlier. You are a constant in my life. You always will be even if we never talk again once I leave. Congrats on the baby girl. I know Jayden must be excited. I love you, Best Friend." I said with a weak smile, turning around, placing my hand on the door knob, not ready to actually turn it and leave. "And I'm sorry I keep messing up. If you ever find it in you to forgive me, I'll um, I'll be around." You can't leave without one last hug.

That's what I did. I turned around and hugged her, despite knowing she didn't want me to touch her. I cried and it wasn't a simple cry. No, it was an ugly cry. I held her for as long as she would let me before I pulled away, that weak and broken smile still plastered on my face. "I love you."

Amelia
Having nothing left to say, I let her leave. I regretted the moment it happened, but there was no turning back now. She was already gone. Maybe it's for the best that you're not as much a part of her life anymore. After that, I wondered if I would ever see my best friend again or if I just lost her in the same devasting way I lost everyone who meant anything to me.

I didn't have much time to think about it though, because, three weeks later, two days after my due date, some joy was about to find its way into my life.

My sister was already in town because I wanted some family to be present when my daughter was born and Brooke, being the nurse she was, wanted her niece to be handled properly. My mom wasn't here yet, but she would be as soon as someone called her to make her way over. Everything was ready for the baby to come, the only thing that was left was for her to come and I was growing impatient. Unlike how I imagined, when I felt myself entering the early stages of labor I was calm, relieved it was finally happening.

In the early evening is when I started to feel the pain. I knew this was different than anything I had felt before but I didn't let myself panic over it. Jayden was at a meeting, but Brooke called him after an hour of me pacing back and forth when the contractions started to pick up and become more consistent, the dogs at my heels, sensing something was wrong. It was the worst pain I had ever felt for sure, but I wasn't in enough pain to lose my calm. I didn't want any needles piercing my spine, I was too afraid of the complications so I did my best to keep my composure.

When Jayden came bursting through the door I just held out my hand, I was sitting on the floor it was the only place that didn't make me uneasy every time another contraction picked up. They still weren't close enough together to rush to a hospital, which I was in no hurry to get to anyway. "Hi," I whispered, taking a deep breath after.
This is it. "Are you ready?" I asked nestling my head into his chest.

Jayden
When Brooke decided to call me, I answered without hesitation, quickly excusing myself from the meeting to take the call. I knew she was calling in regards to Amelia and every call was important, especially with how close Amelia was to being in labor. After I hung up, I explained to the Chief why I needed to leave, which he completely understood. I grabbed my things, running out of the department building to make the drive back home. I felt the adrenaline rushing through me. I felt the excitement. My daughter was planning on making her way into the world and I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms.

Running into the apartment, I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding, closing the door softly before walking over to my fiancee, sitting next to her on the floor with a chuckle. "Hi beautiful." I whispered, wrapping an arm around her, trying to soother her while the contractions increased. "Of course I'm ready. I can't wait to hold her in my arms. Are you ready?" I asked, kissing the top of her head when she nestled it into my chest. This was a very intimate moment for Amelia and I before all the chaos began, but when it did, I remained calm, helping Brooke get Amelia in the car so we could make the drive to the hospital.

When Amelia was given a room, I smiled down at her gently, holding her hand against my chest as I ran my other hand through her hair, soothing her as best as I could. "Are you in pain?" I asked her, not moving my spot until I heard my phone ring. "Hold on, it may just be your surprise." Walking out of the room to answer the phone, I smiled happily when Isabel told me she was on the way to the hospital with Lincoln. Isabel and I had been in touch despite the dynamic duo's falling apart. I knew Isabel wanted to fix this and keep fight for Amelia so when she told me she would be coming, I asked her to bring Lincoln for me. I knew Isabel would keep a distance until mine and Amelia's baby girl was finally born. She didn't want to cause Amelia any distress or upset her, which I found to be bullshit but just like Isabel, I didn't know where Amelia's stance was regarding their friendship.

Walking back inside, I released a soft and content sigh, smiling down at my fiancee. "Yep, that's what I was waiting for. Linc is on the way. I told Tory he had to be here and he wanted to be. I needed all of my family here." I whispered, "Plus, he's more than excited to finally be meeting his baby sister and he misses his mother." I winked at her, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

Isabel
I decided to fly to D.C. on a whim that Amelia may give birth soon. Dawson kept Mateo once again and he understood how important this was for me despite how my appearance three weeks earlier went. I wasn't here to beg for forgiveness, I was here because Amelia was still my best friend. In my eyes, I didn't want to lose her and I needed to show her that, so I left Texas and was now here. I booked a hotel like last time, not wanting to intrude, and agreed to pick up Lincoln from the airport for Jayden when he called and said he couldn't now that Amelia was being admitted. I didn't mind doing this. I missed Lincoln just as much as I missed his father and Amelia.

Standing at the gates waiting for the little boy, I smiled brightly when I heard him say my name and run over to me, hugging me tightly. Hugging him back, I had to stop myself from crying. Today isn't about you, Isabel. "You're getting so big, Linc! What is your Aunt Tory feeding you?" I asked with a laugh, messing with his hair as we walked to the baggage claim. I watched him run off and grab his bag, then took his hand and walked out with him to the car I had rented.

While I drove us to the hospital, I called Jayden to let him know, content in knowing he was as happy as he could be right now. I picked up some McDonald's for Lincoln because he said he was hungry and let him eat it in the car. The entire drive to the hospital, the little boy told me how excited he was to see Amelia because he missed her and just how much he was going to protect his little sister. Despite how Tory felt about Amelia now, Lincoln, to me, still felt apart of this family and I wondered if it was because of Jayden's trip to Chicago. "I'm glad you're excited, my love. I know your dad is happy you got to be here."

"I'm happy too, Isabel. I really really missed Amelia. Did you know she said yes to being my mom! She makes me really happy and I know she makes dad happy too. I just wish we could all live together already."

"I know Linc. One day y'all will be able to, just keep your faith okay?"

Amelia
I'm as ready as I'll ever be. It's too late to be anything else. I knew the only way I was going to get through this naturally was with Jayden as my main support system. While he was obviously getting over excited at the reality of being parents in hours time, I was trying not to think about that and just get through this first.

I hated everything about hospitals. They were always too cold and unwelcoming and the hospital gowns made me feel more exposed than I needed to be at a time where I just wanted to be left alone by all the people I didn't know who were just trying to do their job and help me. Sitting up in the bed, I let the nurses hook me up to all the monitors and machines. It felt like confinement and gave me anxiety. I wasn't letting the stick me with anything more than they needed to, I didn't care how much pain I was in by the end of this. I knew there wasn't a chance of me sleeping either, I was too on edge to let myself.

Despite my anxiety, Jayden was still overjoyed and I didn't want to ruin his moment while I was slowly starting to panic. Nodding, when he left to answer the call, I looked over to my sister with a telling expression, chewing on my lip to curve my nerves before another contraction hit. When he returned, I didn't pay any attention to anything he said, too concentrated on the pain. Putting my arm over my face, I groaned out in pain for the first time, starting to feel nauseous. Well this is going to be miserable and I just got here.

Even with my sister in the corner and Jayden at my side, I still wished Isabel was here. She just went through this and she knew how much I hated hospitals and needles and I was afraid Jayden would cave when he thought I was in too much pain for him to watch. Taking his hand, I tensed up at the pressure that made me cry out in pain again. My water broke. How in the hell does anyone do this multiple times? Once is good enough for me. Now I was actually terrified. Whether I wanted her to or not, my daughter was coming.

Jayden
Watching Amelia scrunch her face while groaning out in pain worried me. I knew she had to be in a lot of pain and I wished that I could help alleviate it in some way. If I could, I would've taken all her pain for her because I hated seeing her like this. I continued to hold her hand, reassuring her that everything was going to be alright. I let go and asked Brooke to comfort Amelia when I got a text from Isabel saying she and Lincoln were here. I walked out of the room, walking to meet them at the entrance, smiling at my son when I saw him from a distance after exiting the elevator. "Daddy!" I heard him exclaim, watching him run away from Isabel's side after he was given his visitor's pass. I took him into a tight hug, looking at Isabel when she walked over.

"Thank you so much for picking him up, Bel. Are you okay? Do you want to see her?" I asked but saw her quickly shake her head in refusal. What do you mean no? I know she needs you right now, Anes. Get your shit together. "Then where are you going to be?" I wasn't sure where she planned to stay until the baby was born but when she told me she was going to wait out in the waiting room, I shook my own head. "I really think you should go in and be with her. You went through this. You can help her. She already told Brooke she doesn't want an epidural but if I think the pain gets too unbearable, I'm overruling that decision."

Isabel
I couldn't believe that Jayden wanted me to go in with him and Lincoln. Did he not remember what happened three weeks ago? How I messed up by pushing away my best friend? I was quick to shake my head at his offer, sighing as he continued persisting. What rubbed me the wrong way was how he was willing to go against Amelia's wished on the epidural despite knowing she didn't want it. Are you an idiot, Acciolli? Are you really going to go against a pregnant woman's decision? You don't even know why she doesn't want it. I do.

Realizing that I in face knew why Amelia didn't want the epidural set a spark in my heart. "You are not letting them stick a needle anywhere near her spine as long as I'm here, Acciolli. Got it? If you do, I will literally kick your ass." Luckily Lincoln had gone to look at the fish tank and didn't overhear my cussing. "Amelia will be fine. She doesn't want the epidural and she isn't going to get it, alright? She's a strong woman. She has such a high pain tolerance I guarantee you she'll be fine without it." Whereas you have the lowest pain tolerance in the world, Anes. "So no epidural, got it?" With that, I walked with the two Acciolli men into the elevator, no longer feeling the need to wait out in the waiting room. Where you need to be is with Amelia. You just went through this. She needs you.

Allowing Jayden and Lincoln to walk into the room first, I bit my lip before releasing a breath to calm my nerves. Why are you so nervous? She's your best friend Isabel. Get a grip. Yes, you messed up but let it go, dammit. Knocking on the door, I heard Lincoln squeal with excitement. He and I had spoken about me not going into the room until his little sister was born but I couldn't do that. Not anymore.

"It's Aunt Bel, Mommy." I heard him say as I opened the door, smiling at all the faces that were now turned in my direction, Amelia's included. These past three weeks have been hell but I've been able to get through them and fix myself. I wasn't going to let anything beat me down anymore. I was going to mend the friendship that I ruined. You're my person, Amelia. I can't just let you go.

"Hey y'all." I said softly, taking the hug I received from Brooke and hugged her back.

"You look good, Sassafrass." Brooke said and I couldn't stop the laugh that came out of me. "Thanks. I really haven't reached my weight loss goal but I'm getting there. How are the kids?" I asked her, staying by the door and not really moving, scared that I would cause Amelia distress.

"Hey there, Mother-to-be. How're you holding up? Is the pain unbearable?" I asked Amelia cautiously, walking over to her before sitting beside here where Brooke was previously sitting. I could only assume Amelia told her about us because after telling me the kids were doing good, she excused herself and went to go get something from the vending machine. "I'm not going anywhere today because I'm going to be here with you through all of this, okay? I love you, Melia."

"Mommy, mommy, Aunt Isabel took me to get McDonald's before we got here and she said she thinks my baby sister is going to look like you. I guess that's good because according to everyone, I look like Dad." Lincoln said, breaking any underlying tension. Giggling softly, I nodded. "I did say that. Sorry Jay, Amelia's genes are just too strong." Shrugging, I smiled at Amelia again, not moving from the chair that I was sitting at. I meant it, Best Friend. I'm not going anywhere.

Amelia
When Jayden left the room again, I actually cried in frustration, I just wanted him to be here and console and instead, he was getting on my nerves. See if I ever give you anything else, Jayden. I knew my frustration stemmed from my pain but in this moment, I didn't care what I wasn't being sensible towards him He was only adding to my anxiety by disappearing. When I made it through that passing contraction I couldn't help but laugh at my sister who whispered, "Men are clueless." I'm glad you're here.

When the nurse came back with ice chips to keep me from throwing up I happily took them, trying to relax for a minute before the pain continued to surge through me again.

Watching Lincoln walk in my shocked expression soon turned to displeasure. Why Jayden? I don't want him to see me like this. I wanted to cry but I put on a facade for Lincoln. Holding out my arms to him, I took him into a hug and kissed his forehead, running my fingers through his hair. "Hi my love, I'm happy you're here."

Hearing a knock on the door I rolled my tongue into my cheek. Let's just invite the whole fricken hall to watch me have this baby. The person that walked in though, I was more than relieved to see. I was past holding any grudge at this point. Thank God the only person who cares about my sanity.

"It's only going to get worse from here," I replied to her sarcastically as a way of joking, Humor was my coping mechanism. Resting my arm with my IV against my stomach I turned back to Lincoln who demanded my attention with his innocence.

"She did huh? Well, you'll have to tell me who she looks like when you meet her." Taking a deep breath at the feeling of another contraction I kept the smile on my face for Lincoln while my sister walked back in the room with her usual bag of salt and vinegar chips.

"Jayden did you come to fight crime or have a baby? You look ridiculous right now," I heard her tease before I gazed helplessly in her direction. I didn't have to say anything for her to get my hint.

"Lincoln! I think I saw a shark in the fish tank. You wanna come show it to me?" When Lincoln ran off with my sister I let go of the cry I was holding. I felt my stomach tense up which only made the pain worse and I was starting to sweat.

Isabel
Laughing at Amelia's comment, I shook my head, smiling at Brooke as a thank you when she took Lincoln out of the room. The minute they left, I took Amelia's hand in mine, sighing softly as I listened to her cry out in pain. "Hey, breathe for me. I know it hurts and I know you just want it to end already but just breathe." I gave her hand a squeeze of reassurance. I knew the pain Amelia was in. "You're doing better than I did. I already asked for an epidural by now." I told her with another laugh.

As things continued to progress for Amelia, I stuck by her side, not leaving this spot unless she absolutely told me too. I was glad that Brooke took Lincoln to distract him, especially when they began prepping Amelia. Smiling at the couple and how Amelia had her head against Jayden's chest, I leaned down to kiss her forehead. "I gotta get out, doctors order. You can do this, Amelia. I know you can. Remember, just a couple minutes of pain for a lifetime of happiness. Next time I see you, you'll be a mom." Pulling away, I left the room and met Brooke and Lincoln in the waiting room, sitting down with them as we waited for Jayden to come out and tell us the gift of joy was born.

Jayden
I could see in Amelia's face the irritation she had with me for bringing Lincoln into the room. I didn't mean to annoy her but I wasn't really thinking when I asked Isabel to bring him here. I wanted the whole family to be together, which is also why I told Isabel about Amelia. I knew she wanted to be here and after seeing how she helped Amelia up until now, I was thankful.

"You can do this, my love. I'm here." I whispered to Amelia softly, holding her hand, ignoring how tight she was gripping it. You have a killer grip, wow. Listening to her doctor tell us what she was doing while she and the nurses were moving back and forth throughout the room. I leaned over and kissed Amelia's forehead, listening to her cry out in pain when she hadn't even begun to push yet. "Breathe, Amelia. Breathe. You can do this." I whispered to her, trying to comfort her as best as I could for right now. I knew once our little girl was finally here, all the pain would be worth it. "It's almost time to push."

Amelia
I was right, things only got worse from there. It only got harder to catch a breath and not let the pain get to me. All I wanted was to curl into a ball and be left alone but between Isabel and Jayden I found the what little strength I had after 14 hours to keep going. By the time Isabel had to leave the room, I was in so much pain I was shaking and the sound of anyone's voice set me off. When she leaned into me to give me one last word of encouragement I reached for her hand and squeezed it was a thank you.

After that, I don't remember anything until I heard the baby's screams. I was so past exhausted, I knew I must have pleaded to Jayden to make it stop because all I could think about was that I wanted to see my baby and then I wanted to sleep. I remember her being placed on my chest and breaking into tears as soon as I saw her, the morning sun breaking through the windows of the room to catch Jayden in the perfect lighting, crying. It was a moment I would remember for the rest of my life.

"Hi baby," I whispered in exhaustion through my tears, putting an arm over her while the nurses cleaned her off, covering her in a newborn blanket while she continued to wail against my chest. "She's so pretty, Jayden." I complimented, taking his hand when he leaned over the two of us, accepting his kiss.
This is all so perfect. She's so perfect.

After the three of us had our first moment together, I let the nurses take the miracle I thought I’d never get to hold, letting go of Jayden’s hand m, I felt protective over her now that she was out of miy sight. “Go with her,” I urged Jayden, trusting her father would keep an eye on her while her first checkup was done.

Last edited:
Jayden
Hearing the baby's screams was music to my ears. Call me weird but knowing my daughter had finally entered this world with her mother and I, it overwhelmed me with emotion. I watched the nurses gently place her against Amelia's chest, moving closer to them, my world, amazed at how beautiful they both looked. The way Amelia looked at our child took my breath away and I knew in this moment, with the world around us faded out, this was going to be a moment to remember.

"She's beautiful, Amelia." I whispered to her softly, leaning down to give her a gentle yet loving kiss. This moment was perfect. Pulling away from the kiss, I carefully rubbed my thumb along her cheek, the tears finally falling as I admired how perfect our miracle was. "Hi baby girl." I whispered faintly, moving back to give the nurses space so they could take our daughter. Smiling down at Amelia, I nodded when she naturally became protective over our miracle. "Okay. We'll find you after. If I see Isabel, I'll tell her to meet you in the room."

Following the nurse to the room, I sat and watched, amazed as my daughter had her first checkup. I'm going to protect you. You're so loved by many already. You, my daughter, are so perfect.

Isabel
When one of the nurses came to tell Brooke and I, along with the now sleeping Lincoln, that the baby girl was here, I couldn't help the tears of joy that left my eyes and strolled down my cheeks. I can't wait to meet you.I let Brooke and Lincoln go ahead first to Amelia's room, needing a moment to sit down and breathe. Mateo had a cousin now and the thought made me so happy. The joy I was feeling was something I hadn't really felt this past month due to all the misfortunates events that occurred in my life. As I sat in the waiting room, reflecting on it but now hopeful for the future, I didn't realize how long I had sat there until Jayden came out to get me.

"Are you coming, Aunt? They're both waiting for you." I heard him say with a glowing smile. I knew today, his daughter, made Jayden the happiest man alive. Nodding, I stood up, following him back to the room, walking in with a bright smile as I saw Amelia holding my niece in her arms. Walking closer to them, I kissed Amelia's forehead before I admired the beautiful baby girl in my best friends arms, the tears falling again. You're so perfect. I love you so much.

"She's beautiful, Amelia.' I whispered to her softly, brushing my finger against the sleeping baby. "She's sleeping. This is your chance to catch some Z's too." I said in light humor to my best friend, giggling softly before I moved back to Lincoln could admire his baby sister. "What did y'all decide to name her?"

Amelia
Watching Jayden leave with our daughter while the nurses turned their attention to me, I shook my head knowing that little girl already had her dad wrapped around her delicate little finger.

When the two returned, Jayden wheeled her into the room, the pride beaming his face. It was a precious sight that made me giggle at my own thoughts. You're such a dork. I was relieved to know she had a clean bill of health while Jayden nestled her comfortably back into my arms. Secretly, I wasn't ready to share her with anyone else just yet, so I was more than willing to try and feed her when the nurse asked. It was a learning curve for both of us, but I was yet again relieved when she took to me.

Looking up at Jayden, I laughed when he started to tear up again. "You're so sweet, I love you," I whispered, kissing his cheek. I don't think many people have seen a police officer cry in full uniform.

"You want to go get everyone else?" I asked him softly after the baby was fed and lulled to sleep. Keeping her close, I admired how precious she was. When a groggy Lincoln stumbled into the room, rubbing his eyes, I smiled over to him. I knew his hours of waiting to meet his sister must have felt like a century.

"Linc!" I whispered excitedly, holding out my hand for him to come over while Jayden and Brooke followed him in. "Come here. Come see your sister." Seeing his delayed tired expression turn to excitement before he ran over, I too him into a hug, noticing how tall he was getting with him standing next to me. "What do you think of her?"

"She's so tiny!" He gushed, making us all laugh. The moment that stole my heart was when he looked up to his dad and they shared the same look of pride and excitement over the baby in my arms.

Letting Brooke take her from my arms next, I started to feel my adrenaline lessen and my exhaustion take over, but looking around curiously, I didn't find the person I was looking for. "Where's Isabel?" I asked Jayden, almost fearful that her being her was a hallucination to cope with the pain, but I thought for sure, it was real and I wanted her to be just as much a part of this moment as everyone else.

Taking a deep breath in relief when Jayden said he would go get her, I took my daughter back from her aunt, waiting for her other to show. This was important to me. I needed her to know I wanted her to be a part of my daughter's life and all the doubts I spent months festering in were irrelevant now that I was a mother. Whether she felt a part of it or not, I knew I wouldn't have made it through any of this without her. So seeing her walk in, I couldn't help my tears. Thank you for being here.

When she approached me I took her into a hug with my free arm and cried against her before I let her see the person she really came for. I knew once my daughter met my best friend's arms, I was officially second best. I wouldn't want it any other way. She has an incredible person to look up to who loves her unconditionally.

Composing myself, I looked over to Jayden with a smirk. He was dying to tell everyone her name, so I decided to let him have his first proud dad moment to his daughter.

"I'll let Jayden tell you, the secret's been killing him since we picked it."

We decided to name our daughter after two strong women who meant the most to us. Since we met, Jayden always told me stories about his Grandma May and how she stepped in to help his dad raise him and his brother when their mother left. It was easy to see Jayden adored that woman, even more than me, and me, well, I wanted my best friend to know she was more than my best friend, she was family, and as much as she feared the possibility, I could never walk away from her for that reason. In a time when I felt like I finally had everything, I wasn't going to forget who was there when I had nothing.

Looking down at the daughter that I only ever fantasized about until now, I kissed her cheeks, watching her open her blue eyes for the first time for me since she was born. You have a strong name to live up to, Isabel May.

Last edited:
Jayden
I was beaming with so much excitement and I know everyone in the room could see it. Isabel May already had me wrapped around her tiny little finger and I wasn't going to deny it. She was a miracle, something I wanted for Amelia and I as we continued onward to becoming a family. Knowing we created another life took my breath away, especially one as beautiful as our daughter. Of course I was biased.

When Isabel asked for the name of her niece, the smile on my face grew from ear to ear, waiting for Amelia to tell everyone so I could finally stop hiding the secret. The name we chose for our daughter held a lot of sentimental value to us, along with naming her after two strong women. Knowing she had Isabel's name, along with my grandmothers, was a very special name and one day, my daughter was going to understand why. I was surprised when Amelia decided not to say the name, but when she allowed for me to do so, I swear the smile on my face grew even bigger.

"Everyone, meet Isabel May. Our daughter was named after two very strong women and we can't wait to tell her why as she grows up." I said, looking over at Isabel who was stunned by the news. The secret was a hard one to keep, especially when Isabel and Amelia had their big fight. I assumed the thoughts rushing through Isabel's head were ones of shock. I knew after everything that happened, she wasn't expecting Amelia and I naming our daughter after her. I hoped this would help reassure Isabel the role she was going to have in her mini me's life, and I hope she realized just how much she really meant to Amelia.

Isabel
Isabel May. They named her after you, Anes. She's your mini me. The one and only. "You named her Isabel?" I asked the two of them in complete shock, my eyes becoming tear filled for I don't know how many times today. After everything, you still named her Isabel? "She's my mini me?" I asked again, walking over to my niece and Amelia again, smiling down at Isabel, the one I was going to have to protect and always be there for. "I love you, Amelia." I whispered to my best friend, the smile on my face genuine for the first time in a long time. I couldn't wait to go back home and tell Dawson all about my mini me and how close we were going to be. I couldn't wait for the trips I would take her one, along with Mateo. I couldn't wait for her and Mateo to grow up together. Then is when it hit me. They'll live so far from each other. I wished Amelia and Jayden would move closer. I wanted them to but I couldn't tell them that. I didn't know what they had planned and I know Jayden was still trying to get Lincoln to live with them.

"Do you need anything?" I asked Amelia gently, allowing Jayden to go home and change out of his uniform now that his daughter was here and he had the chance to. I decided to stay at the hospital with Amelia, laughing softly when Lincoln complained that he was hungry. Brooke gave in to her hunger too and the two left to grab a bite to eat. "You should get some rest while you can, Best Friend. Trust me. Sleep is a luxury for us, and that's cause we're journalists. We already get little sleep as it is." Right now, I technically wasn't anything, and I didn't know if Amelila had found another job or not during the four months of us not talking. I didn't want to damper the moment, though. I wanted this day, these happy emotions, to last forever.

Amelia
Seeing Isabel's reaction was validation I made the right decision in naming my daughter after the person who gave me more than I could have ever hoped for when we met as two lost teens with a dream. "I love you too, best friend."

Once the room was empty and it was just the two of us, I felt myself drifting off, but I was too pleased with Isabel's presence to give in. I was afraid after what happened three weeks ago I would never see her again. Plus. I was still in too much pain to sleep yet.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead," I teased, looking up at her with tired eyes, holding my daughter against my chest. "Do you want to hold her?" I asked, my best friend with a knowing grin. She was itching to hold her niece. Handing her off gently, I let Isabel hold her, fully trusting her with her mini me , letting myself relax.

"How's Mateo? Can I see pictures?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back