• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love (Draft Four... lol)

Amelia
"I think you're trying too hard to impress me, Acciolli. It makes me think you're up to something." Taking the seat he held out for me, I situated myself in the seat, taking in the view, realizing how much I loved it. Jayden knew what he was doing. He had a way with surprises. Whenever I started to feel that our routine outings were becoming too mundane and predictable, he managed to pull a stop like this one, which made me fall for him all over again. What irked me, was because I felt like this moment was too good to be true, I anticipated it coming to an end. I was waiting for Jayden's phone to ring and for me to end up eating in this beautiful spot all by myself. It wouldn't be the first time, but it was still just as heartbreaking.

Lately, I noticed Jayden become so fixated in his work, he never gave himself a free moment. I didn't know for sure, but I was afraid it was because he was realizing that because I lacked the maternal desire to become a mother that there was no future with me.

Is this the end, his way of making an elaborate finale before he cut me out of his life? Oh no,

Now I was anxious, Now I wanted the phone to ring.

maintaining a calm demeanor, I kept the same sweet smile I held since we got out of the shower together, noddingly pleasantly when the waiter brought me the glass of wine I ordered. When my gaze met Jayden's again I realized I couldn't think of any conversation starters that didn't involve our work lives, which I was trying to avoid tonight. We were a couple, not each other's assistants. Sipping the chardonnay, I hoped Jayden would start the conversation first, but in the same sip, I wanted to avoid anything negative I thought he would bring up. The setting was just so perfect, something had to ruin it.

"Is this where you brought all your snobby exes when you wanted to break things off," I asked through the glass, smirking in his direction. From what he told me on our first date, he hated coming to places like this, so maybe, this really was it. If it was, I was still in denial.

Jayden
I was thrown for a loop when Amelia asked if I brought all my exes to this restaurant when I was ready to break things off. I knew by her smirk she was only kidding but I was rather curious as to why she was even thinking about my exes. Did I do something wrong in the span of being with her since I got out of work? Was she for some reason heavily in her head? If so then why?

What did you do, Acciolli?

Grinning in her direction so she didn't catch on that I was now in my head, I chuckled before I shook my head and took her hands in mine, sighing softly before I raised one and planted a gentle kiss on it. I wanted to know what she was thinking about but considering I was spending a lot more time at work because of this undercover shit, I knew prying at her could lead to negativity and I didn't want that on this spur of the moment date night. She deserved this night, a night where I lavished her and treated her how she deserved to be treated before I had to go back to work the next morning. A good thing about being undercover right now meant there wasn't a chance of me getting that wretched phone call, the one that interrupted my time with the gorgeous goddess before me, but there was always a chance hers would go off.

God I hope it doesn't.

"No Amelia, this isn't somewhere I brought them. First of all, I didn't take them anywhere when I broke it off. Just did it in person at their apartment. Second, this is my first time here. Captain told me about it a week ago and I've been itching to bring you here because you deserve this." Smiling at her, I grabbed my glass of white wine and took a sip of it myself. "Am I just too good at planning spontaneous dates for us?"

Hey loves, if anyone out there actually reads this, I want to apologize. I’m so unbelievably sorry, but I can’t keep playing these OC’s right now. I’m going through something personally that is exhausting, physically, emotionally and mentally, and I just don’t have it in me to get into Amelia and Dawson’s brains right now. Please forgive me. I don’t know when I’ll be back, as I don’t know when or how I’ll get through this, but know I’m not finished here. Amelia and Dawson aren’t finished telling their stories. If you take the time to read this thread, I know that you have a place in my heart for carrying my characters in yours.

Until next time,

Lexus

OOC: After a substantial amount of time in my own head and a conversation with a friend, I'm going to write through what I'm going through, so apologies that the posts are still going to be less frequent, but I'm taking it one day at a time. I hope you guys can understand, but as always, I feel like I talk to myself here, but honestly, this is the one place where I still feel close to isax isax until I see her again, so, here goes nothing y'all.

Amelia
"Mmmm, not if I'm suspicious," I replied before taking a sip of my wine, savoring the sweetness in the back of my throat. Setting the glass down, I tapped my finger against it playfully looking onto Jayden, deep into those blue eyes, wondering what he was thinking, what he hoped would come for us next after just enduring the unimaginable together, it was hard to know where to go after you just grieved the loss of the future we suddenly found ourselves planning when our lives were going to change by bringing another life into our equation, a life that would depend on us to provide and protect it, and now that element was gone, ripped away unjustly in Jayden's eyes. I knew he was still coping with the loss in the best way he knew how, but I didn't want it to ruin where we stood as a couple. If anything, I hoped, prayed, it brought us closer together, and now that my best friend was gone, chasing her dream at the border, Jayden was the only person I had that would be a part of my everyday life now.

"But I love that you're trying so hard for me, I appreciate it, love," I replied again biting my lip. "I hope this becomes a regular occurrence, trying new things, I like it, a lot. It reminds me why I decided to let you into my life in the first place. That damn charming nature gets to me every time. I almost think I liked it better when you weren't onto the fact I liked you back. It was a lot more entertaining for me that way, I didn't have to gush over you in public back then, but now, you make it so damn hard to resist you. It's annoying." Casually shrugging I played off my comment in a casual shrug just to tease.

Jayden
Listening intently to Amelia's comment, I eyed her curiously, chuckling when she quickly followed the touching remark with a quick and casual shrug. Oh how this woman always loved to tease me but I adored that she was enjoying everything I was doing for her. After finally opening up to the woman I loved about our loss, I was able to move on from what happened, let the past be in the past while I began to focus on my future with Amelia. She deserved that devoted time and attention from me and I enjoyed giving it to her, especially when she admitted to enjoying all the dates I had planned out for us.

"I make it hard for you to resist me now huh? That's good. It's definitely helped us in the bedroom, wouldn't you agree?" I whispered teasing, laughing when I saw her face instantly turn red from blushing. "That confession of love and appreciation was a little hard for you, huh? It's cute when you open up."

Sipping the glass of wine that was brought to me by our waiter, I hummed contently, looking over the menu while trying to decide what I wanted to eat tonight. Glancing up at Amelia, I smiled at her.

"I absolutely adore you, Amelia. I'm sorry things have been hectic for us with work but I do like our few getaways that we have every now and then. You're more than worth everything."

Amelia
"You're so soft, Jayden are you sure you're a hardass? I've never been able to believe that too much, I think, maybe, it's a front, or at least that's what I speculated in the beginning," Sipping my wine, I pulled at my earlobes out of habit when Jayden continued to confess his admiration towards me, rolling my eyes, I shrugged it off as I always had, unable to comprehend why he was so fixated on me, even now. I learned not to question it though, It was one of the things in my life that I had to accept I didn't have control over. It piqued my interest though, at his finishing sentence, savoring the sweet aftertaste on my tongue, I swalloed promptly.

"Mmm, so if I'm worth everything why are you still hiding me from your family?" I asked almost smirking, sitting up straight, I kept my gaze on him clearing my throat awaiting a reply.

When I pondered the thought, it was bothersome to me that I still had yet to meet anyone in Jayden's family. I never pressed the subject, knowing that in his own time, he would bring me around the people he once held so close to him. But considering how serious our relationship was, and what we endured together, it was odd that such a vital stepping stone in a typical relationship was overlooked so causually. Then again, I never considered our relationship to be too typical. Which was best for both of us, because if I had, I would have gotten bored long ago and called the whole thing off. Somehow though, Jayden managed to keep my interest in him. It was impressive. When I agreed to give him a chance, despite my feelings toward him, I didn't expect it to turn into what it was now, it was more to entertain the thought for the both of us before I decided it wasn't going to work. Yet here I was, dropping subtle hints that the step we both decided to overlook needed to be addressed now. I needed to meet Jayden's family before he tried to talk me into anything more in the same way he had in getting me to commit to him. It was terrifying, but I almost found myself wanting more with him. However, just like I was when we first entered intimate terrority, I was hesitant, not wanting to give up who I was completely to be anything more than a longtime girlfriend.

"I'm waiting," I whispered, picking up my wine glass bringing it to my lips before I giggled at his expression. "What? Am I not the type you want to bring home to your mother? I tried to tell you that when you were so persistent on catching me, but I think you were too much of a deer in headlights to listen to anything I had to say that wasn't 'Yes, I want to go out with you,'" SIghing dramatically, I continued. "Maybe you should've listened."

Last edited:
Jayden
Amelia was never one to beat around the bush. She did respect that there were times when I didn't want to address something but I noticed she was bringing up my family more and more. I knew why she was though, I just couldn't bring myself to face my family after I left them high and dry once I graduated from high school because of the loss of my uncle. It hurt me that Amelia started to think she wasn't someone I wanted to bring home to meet them. That was far from the truth. If anything she was the only one worth taking to Chicago and I just knew my father and mother would bask in her presence and genuinely love her like I do. There was no doubt in my mind that they would love Amelia, it was just hard for me to accept going back is what I needed to do.

Sighing softly, I shook my head at the journalist, chuckling before I smiled sheepishly before I looked back up at the stunning woman.

"You are something else, you know that, Amelia? You know very well you are more than the type I want to bring home to my mother. You're going to be the first one and you know why I haven't taken that step yet but you know what? Maybe it's time we did. I think my mother has waited long enough don't you? She's going to soak you up like a freaking sponge but it'll be nice. Both of my families coming together. That's something I'm now looking forward to."

Smiling again, I grabbed my own glass of wine, sipping some of it before setting it back down on the table and reflecting on what I just told Amelia. I agreed to take her to Chicago. Am I freaking crazy? Am I even ready to go back to Chicago? Of course I'm not but Amelia deserves to meet my parents and it's been long enough since I've gone home. Like I just told Amelia, both of my families are going to come together and that should be exciting enough to get me on a plane. Plus, Amelia is who I plan on spending the rest of my life with. Can't keep her away forever.

Amelia
Saying that I was shocked at Jayden's impromptu consent to take a trip to Chicago was an understatement. I was merely half kidding, not expecting anything to come of it, but now that Jayden finally agreed, I felt compelled to take the opportunity before he changed his mind. The shock still evident in my expression, I nodded in agreement.

"So when do you want to go then?" I asked curiously as our food was brought out to us. Thanking the waiter for serving us, I got distracted once more by the view. I was now completely entranced in this moment, thinking of all the possibilities meeting Jayden's family would lead up to. It set in a new series of nerves I never thought I would have to deal with because I never pictured myself to ever be one who was in a serious, lasting relationship. Yet here I sat selfishly wishing the man I fell a little too quick for, wishing I could get more of time, but never dared speak it, knowing he would be too hard on himself if I did. I just had to appreciate the moments when they came, knowing they couldn't last, and would become fewer and far between as he climbed up the ranks. It was frustrating. but I loved Jayden through it, knowing that it wasn't his fault, life was just chaotic and once the relationship was settled and the excitement of its newness died down, we fell into a routine, but I hoped this trip, would spark the excitement I found myself missing whenever I got lost in his blue eyes.

I hope work doesn't come between this, but his face isn't that promising.

"What? You can't take off for a few days?" Sighing softly, I nodded before he had the chance to speak. "Busy, huh? What have you been up to? I never see you, are you training for something new?"

Jayden
I smiled the minute I saw Amelia’s face brighten up at the thought of us getting to leave Dallas for a couple of days. Seeing how excited she got and how happy the thought made her made me happy but the minute she asked when we could go is when my expression changed. I hadn’t considered that thought just yet, and the more I thought about it the more I realized I couldn’t give her what she wanted just yet. Sighing softly I looked away from the woman the minute her facial expression went back to what I became used to. Ever since I started going undercover, I noticed a decline in her smiles and how much she clinged to me when I had time to spend with her.

Releasing a sigh, I met eye contact with her when she answered her own question before I could. I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t tell her the truth, not until it was over. Looking away again, I swirled the flute of the wine glass between my fingers before sighing again.

“No, not trying anything new, just super busy. I’m sorry love. I know it’s been a real pain in the ass but my hands are tied.”

I couldn’t think of anything else to say. Nothing could save my ass but I also couldn’t just drop it. It would be fishy and Amelia would be in danger. Sipping my wine, I let my thoughts consume me. I was going to lose Amelia if I kept this up.

It’s not like I can tell her though.

Amelia
I couldn't say that I was surprised that Jayden was too busy to finally take the leap back into Chicago. At the same time though, I knew he would never be ready to commit to that, it was only a matter of when I quit submitting to his excuses and jumped first.

I'm jumping whether he chooses to or not.

"I understand. I could go by myself then. Your mom and I have talked a couple of times, we could arrange something. I'm sure she wouldn't mind a weekend."

Biting my lip at my own suggestion I realized it sounded a little crazy and perhaps insensitive to make the trip to visit Jayden's family without Jayden, but if I was going to continue to try and make this relationship work, I was willing to go with or without him. With Isabel now pursuing her dream of covering the news at the border, Jayden was the only family I had remaining in Dallas, and with his 'hands tied," it was starting to feel like I was living the same distance away from him as I was with Isabel. This was a misfortune considering I was still considering the idea of a change in scenery after being at the AP for much longer than I originally anticipated for the sake of nurturing our relationship, but I was starting to feel like I was the only one making the effort after the miscarriage.

I hated bringing it up because it was and always would be a trigger for Jayden, and usually, I always ended in a tense feud but I felt this time it was necessary to make my point, so I made it.

"They were going to be my child's family, Jayden, I think we've put it off long enough."

Jayden
Another knife was struck through my heart after Amelia came at me yet again. Me keeping this secret seemed to be hurting our relationship and in turn, that hurt me. Releasing a soft sigh, I tried not to dwell too much on the fact that Amelia referred to what we lost. It was honestly still a touchy subject, and an overall low blow, but the more I got in my head, the more I let me hurting the only woman I loved consume me. At this point, I wish I never went undercover because then I could work on nurturing mine and Amelia's relationship after our loss rather than letting her do all the mending.

There's nothing you can do right at this point, Acciolli.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I didn't say anything just yet in response to Amelia, nor did I look at her. I couldn't because right now I really felt like I was failing her. I wanted us to be happy again. I wanted to see that brightness in her stunning eyes yet again but it seemed I was the reason all of that was lost. She must have felt like the only one working on us and that was the honest truth. I became too consumed with work and being undercover that I didn't really devote much time to her or what we had. What an asshole you are.

"I'm sorry, Amelia, I really am. I wish I could take the time off but right now that's just not possible. I'll make it up to you," I said softly, already seeing the disgust in her face. Releasing another sigh, I didn't know what else to say. Despite my efforts to make this a nice date night for both of us, I seemed to ruin it like I ruined everything. This is worth keeping her safe. If she leaves, at least she'll be safe.

"I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind if you went to see them for a weekend without me. She's already told me how much she and my dad love you." I knew Amelia going alone wasn't the point. "If you wait for when I can go with you though, I would love to show you around the city. Take you to all the places that I loved before I left."

Digging into my food, I didn't say much for the rest of our date. What was I supposed to say? Releasing another soft sigh, I tried to pull myself out of my thoughts in an attempt to enjoy what little time we had to be together. Maybe I should go to my own apartment tonight.

Amelia
"I'll just wait then," I replied softly, having nothing else to say about the matter. I thought I could handle the silence, but I was fooling myself, after a few awkward bits of nothingness listening to the ambient sounds of the city followed by the loud clanking of our forks against the plate, I set my silverware down to symbolize my white flag in the discussion. I knew I just needed to let it go, but I knew Jayden was keeping something from me. He was never this vague when it came to work, and I just knew after years of repeatedly being left in the dark by family, that something was up. I decided rather than get upset over it like I had a tendency to do in the past, I wanted Jayden to know whatever he was up to, I would love him through it.

"Whatever it is you're doing, just be careful, please. I can't lose you too. You're all that I have left here," I whispered keeping a glance on him that I hoped wouldn't look too desperate. I didn't want him to take it the wrong way and think that he should sacrifice his career for a needy girlfriend. That would make me no different than the rest of the girls he told me about.

Jayden
You're all that I have left here.

I wasn't expecting for Amelia to love me through this even though I was being very vague about work lately. I figured the night was going to end in yet another argument. They were something that came with the territory ever since I started doing undercover work, and I always tried my hardest to make it all up to her but work always had a way of interfering. Smiling softly at her, I took her hand in mine, kissing it softly before I nodded.

"You have my word that I'll be careful. I love you, Amelia. I'm not going anywhere."

Two months later...
May
"Reagan, how are ya? You haven't returned any of my calls lately."

I looked over at Luca, one of the biggest Italian mob influencers that I've had to work with while undercover as my alter ego Angelo Reagan. Luca Ricci was known by so many. He was one of the few mob leaders that could walk around in broad daylight and not be taken down by authorities because no one could ever connect anything to the man. He was the definition of untouchable. He wasn't the one I was supposed to bring intel on but the one I was supposed to, Ale, just so happened to be his nephew. This is one of the reasons why I could never tell Amelia about the work I was currently doing. I know if word got out that I was a pig, an undercover cop, Ale and Luca wouldn't hesitate to bring my world crashing down.

"Ciao, Luca. I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. Something happened with my last trade off and I had to lay low for a bit. Can I buy you a drink?" I asked the man, grinning when he said yes and sat beside me. Him being here threw me off because this wasn't his go to place. In fact, it's where I met Ale for the first time and stumbled into undercover work after I did.

"I'm never opposed to sharing a drink with a solid man like yourself," The mob leader said, ordering his favorite drink of choice before we began to talking about how his week went. The conversation was casual, nothing too serious considering we weren't in the privacy of his own bar. It wasn't like we could talk mob matters out in the open.

"So Reagan, when were you going to tell me you're undercover?"

Frozen, I didn't know what to say or do. My cover was blown and now I didn't know what to do.

Fuck. How'd he find out? I'm screwed.

Amelia
Over the last two months, I remained at the AP for the sake of not causing another argument between Jayden and it wasn't worth losing him over. I still was suspicious as to what he was up to but I refrained myself from investigating it. I had to trust that whatever Jayden was involved in, there was a good reason he wanted to keep me clueless. Despite this, Jayden's rationale didn't cure my anxiousness of not knowing. My anxiety reached its climax when I was faced with what exactly he was up to.

I was walking out of the newsroom, scavenging for my keys in my purse when a mysterious man approached me, tackling me to the ground before I had time to comprehend what was occurring. My first thought was not that this had anything to do with Jayden and what he was doing, but rather, terror was ensuing in the darkness of the parking lot because of my own work. I thought whoever this was, was a man who was displeased with whatever scandalous things I wrote about. I couldn't identify the attacker because his identity was protected through the bandana but when he brought me to the ground and tied my hands to my back.

"Stop! Please stop!' My pleas I knew were useless. whatever this man's intentions were, it didn't include letting me go so easily when i called out in desperation.

"What do you want?" I asked in a panicked whisper when he carelessly brought me to my feet, bringing his filthy hand to my lips.

"You can thank your undercover boyfriend for this one, sweetie," He whispered into my ear, my adrenaline now coursing through my body, i was panicking, but knew from safety training to not let it show or my chances of getting out of this wouldn;t be in my favor.

Jayden, what did you do?

Jayden
"That look on your face is quite amusing, Reagan, or well should I call you Acciolli now?"

I didn't have anything to say to Luca now that I new my cover was blown. I didn't know what he was planning on doing to me now that the truth was out but I knew it couldn't be anything good and I knew it wasn't when I saw him reach into his suit pocket and pull out his cell phone. The look on his face as he read a text told me everything I needed to know. They wanted me to do something but they had something that meant more than the world to me.

Amelia.

"Your girlfriend really is a stunning woman, Jayden. A shame that we just might have to ruin it."

"Don't you dare lay a fucking hand on her!" I exclaimed, rising out of the bar stole but sitting back down as quick as I stood up in an attempt to not bring anymore unwanted attention on us and because I knew every move I made from here on out determined if Amelia was going to make it or not.

Fuck, Amelia. I'm so sorry. I will find you, I swear.

"Now now Jayden, you should know better than yell at the man who has the power to hurt your girlfriend. For now she's fine, but I can't guarantee her safety if you don't do exactly as I ask."

"What the hell do you want?"

"For you to get my nephew out of jail. You saved his life once and now you'll do it again. Hand over my nephew or never see Amelia again."

"I'll get Ale out but if you as much as lay a finger on Amelia, I'll personally kill all of you pieces of shit."

That made Luca chuckle because now he was amused but I wasn't. I knew I couldn't just hand Ale over like he wanted but I would do whatever the hell it took to bring Amelia back to safety. This was all my fault. I thought her not knowing anything would keep her safe but now I wasn't so sure.

"Then I guess we'll see who wins this, huh?"

Watching the man finish his beverage, my eyes never once left his figure until he was out of the bar. Slamming my card on the bar top so the bartender could run my tab, I bit my lip while tapping my foot impatiently. The minute I got my card back, I made a few calls.

"Renzulli, it's Acciolli. They got Amelia." After working out what details I knew, I let Renzulli enough time to meet me down at the station, along with the feds who were now being brought in to help. While driving there, I made the last call that needed to be made.

"Isabel, I need you to get one the next flight out. I've been undercover and it's been blown. They have Amelia."

Brownsville, TX
Isabel
"Fucking shit, Jayden." I said after I hung up my phone and rubbed my face in frustration. Releasing a groan, I made no hesitation in practically running to my kitchen where my laptop sat on the island, quickly going to Southwest's website and buying the next flight out. Throwing random clothes into my suitcase, I made sure I had the essentials I needed before running out the door of my apartment and making a call while driving thirty minutes to the airport in Harlingen.

"Dawson? I need a favor. I'm currently driving to Harlingen because I'm getting on a plane to Dallas. I need you to meet Jayden at the main station and help him with anything he needs but I also need you to send me updates. When you're there, let me know. I don't trust the feds to do good enough digging so I'm going to try and do some myself." When my boyfriend agreed but asked what was going on, I released a heavy sigh. "Jayden was working undercover and his cover has been blow. Amelia's been taken hostage and I need you're help. I'll rent a car when I land and meet y'all there."

After the call, I hung up and boarded my flight not too long after.

I swear, I'll help them find you, Amelia.

Amelia
None of this seemed real. It felt like I was a part of some type of game and it was only a matter of time before someone caved and this whole thing came to end, then I could go back to my life as if nothing happened. This was real though, and there was no promise of escaping once I realized how serious this was.

The mysterious man who abducted me in the parking lot outside of the newsroom where I worked had little interest in treating me like a human being. After he hogged tied me, he threw me in the trunk of his noticeably extravagant SUV, blindfolding me so I didn't know where he was taking me. Every time I tried to protest, he held the cold end of a gun barrel to my temple and threatened to kill me, because according to him, I didn't need to be alive to play as a bargaining chip.

My heart racing against my chest, I attempted to slow my breathing, to not draw attention to myself further, I needed to remain calm and think of a way to get me out of this. I was a crime reporter long enough to pick up on discrete things that could get me out of this. One of the first things I took note of was leaving a trail. My first instinct was to drop jewelry but with my hands inaccessible that was near impossible. Think Amelia.

Wondering back to the many stories I had written about murder victims and abductees, I knew my best bet was to leave a trace of myself through my own DNA. a fingerprint, a hair strand, a fingernail. Running through my options I knew only one of them would tie me to whoever this man was.

Seduce him and he might let you go.

The thought was disgusting, but praising a man's masculinity never put me in a bad place. Rather, it always got me what I wanted. This was a game, and I just had to contort it in my favor.

You can do this.

"Don't get too cocky with your weapons, it turns me on. Why do you think I ended up with an undercover officer in the first place? Do you think I'm some damsel in distress? Please. I like flirting with authority. Jayden would have never had a chance with me if he didn't have the uniform."

10 p.m.
Isabel
The minute my plane landed in a city I used to call home, I got off as soon as I was allowed, practically running to baggage claim to grab my luggage and then taking the terminal to the Enterprise located less than a mile from the airport. I tried to get all the paperwork signing done as fast as I could and when I finished, I got in the temporary black Chevy Silverado and drove straight to the main station. With my phone connected to the bluetooth, I called Dawson to let him know I was on the way. A lot could have happened to Amelia in the time that I was getting here and I didn't even want to think about all the abuse she could have faced. From what Dawson told me, everyone at the station was moving slow and that was about to change the minute my ass walked in there.

Grabbing my purse, I shut the door of the truck, locking it before I walked into the station, getting lead to where Jayden was. When I saw Dawson and Jayden looking over a map, I set my bag down on a nearby desk and wrapped my arms across my chess, giving a small smile when everyone turned to look at me.

"I heard things have been going slow, Acciolli. You better pick up the freaking pace." I said, walking over towards the map where I read everything the detectives had laid out on it. Eyeing the headshots of the man who was behind all of this, I felt anger slowly rising. I never had the urge to kick someones ass as much as I wanted to do with this Italian scum. I was too focused on what was in front of me to realize Jayden was trying to get my attention. I was only pulled out of my head when I felt a familiar hand grab mine. Looking up at Dawson, I smiled weakly at him while I tried holding myself together. He would know I was actually panicking and feeling so helpless inside. Looking back at Jayden, I apologized for not listening.

"It's okay. I know you're just taking all the information in. I was going to give you a run down of everything if you want it." That was code for 'I know you want to investigate yourself so here's what you need'. Jayden knew me so well.

"I'd love a run down. Let's make it fast. Time is definitely of the essence." I said, letting go of Dawsons hand before I walked over to Jayden's desk with him to look over the files that were given.

"I don't think you should be telling a civilian any of this, Acciolli." I heard a detective dressed in a too-tight suit say. Oh yeah? I bet I can do your job better than you.

"I wouldn't underestimate her, Chavez. She's an investigative journalist. She knows what she's doing."

"Are you sure she just isn't here to get a story?"

Oh that's fucking it.

Moving closer to him, I was about to rip this stuck up asshole to shreds until I felt Dawson pick me up and set me back down near Jayden's desk.

"He's not worth it and you know it." I heard him whisper before I sighed, turning away from the prick before I focused on what Jayden was going to give me. After that, I was going to leave this place and go to my hotel to do my own investigating. I

Jayden
Chavez never knew how to hold his own tongue and I knew the minute he tried to use Amelia as a story for Isabel she was going to lose it. I don't even want to know what would have happened had Dawson not intervened. Shaking my head, I told Chavez to piss off and grab a case of his own then I focused on Isabel and all the information I was about to give her.

"So you're telling me you just stumbled into this work? What the fuck, Jayden?"

Hearing that from Isabel stung a little more than it was supposed to. It was a reminder that Amelia was going through hell because of me. Fuck. I'm so sorry, Amelia.

"How I got into this isn't what's important, Isabel. Finding Amelia is."

"Well no fucking shit, Sherlock and yet all you and your men are doing is sitting around and waiting."

Ouch. Another brutal comment.

"Isabel, you know it isn't that easy."

"Actually, it is and you know it. Y'all are stalling for whatever reason and I refuse to let Amelia suffer more than she has to so give me the fucking file and I'll do my own investigating."

"You know I can't do that."

"You will if Amelia's life means anything to you." Isabel stared me down then and I knew she wasn't taking no for an answer. Just give her the fucking file.

"Fine, I'll get you one on one condition. We do this together, here and in the sweatbox."

She rolled her eyes then.

"Fine. Saves me from having to check into my hotel room for a night."

I knew Isabel and I weren't getting any sleep to night. How could we when the one person who meant so much to us was being held captive and probably beaten because of my own fuck up?

2 a.m.
Isabel
I was going insane staring at the map on the wall full of possible locations on where Amelia could be. Something in my gut told me she wasn't in Dallas but the entire Dallas Police Department was set on assuming she was. I just couldn't convince them without solid evidence.

"They didn't stop anywhere? Where's the security footage from all the hotels we know Luca and his gang go to?" I asked, growing impatient.

"Downstairs is working on it." Jayden said with a deep sigh.

"Not fast enough." I snapped back, releasing a sigh myself when Dawson told me to breathe when he came back with coffee. Thanking him, I sat down on the metal chair where several criminals have sweated out because they were busted for a crime they committed. Hearing a phone go off, I blinked when I realized it was Jaydens undercover phone sitting in the middle of the table. Reaching for it, I saw the number wasn't saved. Thank God we got this phone set up for tracking.

Answering it, I held my hand up to signal to Jayden not to say a word.

"Hello Jayden. Any luck on finding us yet?"

The voice wasn't Lucas and I was instantly thrown off. If it wasn't Luca calling, then who the fuck was?

"Surprised it isn't Luca? C'mon Jayden, you should know better than to think Luca would be doing all the dirty work. He finds the fact that you can't find us amusing though, I do too. Amelia's been quite the catch if I do say so myself." Bastard. "In fact I couldn't just ignore the vixen and seductress that she is. Who knew she could be so amazing in bed."

That's when Jayden lost it, instantly screaming at the man on the line and swearing that when he finds them he would kill them. The man was quick to laugh, telling Jayden to just give up and that he would take great care of Amelia. While Jayden and his men did their thing, I focused in on what the guy just said.

"You getting upset is useless, Jayden. Better find yourself another anchor."

Anchor. Oh god, that's me. What is it Amelia? What are you trying to tell me?

"Oh my god." I muttered under my breath, staring at the map again. Amelia I swear to god if my hunch is right, I'm going to kill you.

"What is it?" Dawson asked softly and I began to shiver. Turning to look at the officers, the line now dead with no luck in tracing the call, I looked straight at Jayden. "Get me the footage from the AP."

"We already went through the AP footage."

"I didn't."

"Isabel, what are you thinking?"

"What I'm thinking about is how her captor just called you her anchor and admitted to Amelia seducing him."

"That doesn't seem relevant to anything that's going on." Chavez said and I could see the wheels turning in Jayden's head. If there was anyone in the world to survive a kidnapping because of her criminal justice background, it was Amelia.

"Oh my god. She let it happen." When Jayden instantly thought the same thing, I nodded. We both needed the confirmation from each other. "Get me the footage. All of it!"

Last edited:
OOC: This is the biggest COI I've ever seen but eh.

Amelia
The mystery man took my bait as I hoped and things did get intimate quick and more than once. It was disgusting, but I had to play it off as I liked it, if it meant I got out of whatever five-star hotel room he brought me to, I attempted to convince myself I didn't care who I had to be intimate with and how many times, but I couldn't shake the emotional strain it put me through, It felt dirty and in a way unfaithful even though I knew Jayden would never hold it against me given the circumstance, and my captor wasn't gentle either. I knew he was only doing this to tell everyone he took complete control over me, getting inside of me was the prize that made his eyes gleam victoriously it was sickening. It was in the moments he left to take a call that I let myself lose my composure for the few moments I had to myself. It was the early hours of the morning now and after being a man's object for hours, I was exhausted and still coping with the situation. Still, I was actively seeking a way out and as much as this 'man" prided himself on his masculinity he wasn't that smart, he left his phone on his nightstand and once I knew he was asleep, I made what I hoped to be my last move out of this hell. Carefully rolling out of the bed, I got on my hands and knees, crawling across the floor to his side. Coming at eye level with the phone, I held a deep breath, terrified as I reached for it, everything would come to an end when I was caught in the act. I had no doubts the man I convinced I succumb to wouldn't hesitate to beat me to death if I displeased him. Concentrating, I stayed silent, picking up the phone, I nearly gasped when I realized I had it, but held back the reflex. Crawling back across the floor on my knees, I opened the door to the balcony and pushed myself outside of it. I was now visibly panicking that this was too much of a risk, shaking and failing to catch a breath, I dialed Jayden's personal number and not his work phone so if I did get caught, it wouldn't be so obvious who I called in attempt to escape.

"Pick up. Pick up. Pick up!" I whispered desperately, clutching the phone so tight I hear my fingernails bend. When the ringing stopped and I thought it went to voicemail, I brought a hand to my face in defeat but gasped this time when I heard the long pause end with the sound of his voice. It brought tears to my eyes that welled onto my cheeks, I didn't want to say his name it would get him caught and we would both be done for.

"Blue Eyes, it's me, it's me, it's me, I swear it's me, I don't know where I am, but you have to help. I can't keep this up please, he's going to kill me. I know he is. We're running out of time."

Jayden
What I wasn't expecting at six in the morning was to receive a call on my personal cell, even more so from a number I didn't recognize. I knew Luca and his men were smart and more than likely had my actual information but I never pegged them as the ones to try and negotiate or talk via that information. Staring at the number, I glanced over at Isabel who was nodding off in the metal chair, her lover no longer in the sweat box but at the ranch because something with his family came up, plus I could tell Isabel just wasn't enjoying him hovering over her.

Walking out of the room, I walked to my desk and answered the call, staying quiet at first to see if someone would say something but when the line stayed quiet for a few seconds, I made the first move.

"Hello?" I said into the phone, not expecting to hear the voice that I did.

Blue Eyes.

"Vix, Vix I need you to listen to me. I'm going to find you. I promise he won't kill you, okay. What can you see around you right now? Are you still in Dallas? What kind of a hotel did he take you to? Anchor and I are trying our hardest to narrow it down." Like Amelia, I didn't want to use any real names. There was no guarantee if they knew Isabel knew as much as she did they wouldn't go after her too.

After attempting to acquire enough information from Amelia, I was quick to look through the files I had to see if any hotels matched up. She said she could see the skyline but she knew she wasn't in the city center. Biting my lip, I tried to look as fast as I could with Amelia on the line but I knew she was going to have to go back with the one who used her.

"Go back. I promise I'll find you. It'll be over today. I love you, Vix. I'll see you soon."

When the line went dead, I knew time was ticking and I couldn't do this alone. Going back into the sweat box, I pushed the door open and woke up Isabel, telling her what I knew so we could work together and quicker.

7: 30 a.m.
Telling Isabel what I knew thanks to Amelia was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The minute she helped me narrow down a hotel, we called the front desk and asked for the survellience footage. We got it almost instantly and after several rewatches of the same time gaps, Isabel, Chavez and I confirmed Amelia was there with a man known by Serpente, real name Luciano. According to the narcotics division, Serpente was wanted for a lot of things prior to taking Amelia hostage and I was grateful because I wanted nothing more than to kill the scum bag.

Putting together a team as fast as I could, I led the group of my men and SWAT the minute we arrived on scene. Chavez suggested he run the entire operation considering he didn't have an emotional attachment but I insisted it be me. I was the reason Amelia was in the mess and I had to be the one to get her out.

Leading a smaller group of SWAT along with Chavez as my backup, I took them up a back stairwell to the third floor where the room Luciano had Amelia was. Opening the door, I glanced into the hallway, looking both ways to asses the area and once I knew it was clear, I motioned the men forward while holding the door, following after them to the specific room number. Receiving a nod from the "custodian" working on a light fixture in the hallway, I returned it before I let SWAT bust down the door and file in.

"Police! Put the gun down now!"

I had hoped Luciano wasn't awake but I should have known better. Following in after the group, I hide behind one of the main walls.

"Luciano, put the gun down! It's over." I exclaimed, glancing toward him from the spot I was in, aiming my gun straight at him. "Put it down!"

Hearing muffled cries made my blood turn hot and my entire body full of rage. I knew instantly who those cries belonged to and I wanted to do nothing more than kill the man that caused them.

"You're smarter than I thought you were, Acciolli. I didn't think you'd ever find us."

"Well I did. It's over. Put down the gun and give up!"

The minute I saw the gun pointed in Amelia's direction, I didn't hesitate, I pulled my trigger, instantly getting Luciano down in one shot to the chest. I knew damn well it went straight through the heart.

When my men moved in, I did the same, only I went straight for Amelia who was curled into a ball on the ground not far away from the Italian scum. Quickly kneeling beside her, I took her into my arms, running my fingers through her hair in an attempt to soother her.

"Shhhh Melia. I'm here. I'm sorry I let this happen but I'm here. You're safe." I whispered to her, noticing she was only in an oversized shirt. Taking off my DPD rain jacket, I wrapped it around her, smiling gently at her when she finally met my gaze.

"It's me. I'm here, Vix. I'm here." Moving the stray hair out of her face, I cupped it in my hands and kissed her softly, hesitantly pulling away. "Let Chavez take you out of here while I handle everything." Her desprete pleas for me to stay with her were enough to crush my heart. I had to finish my job but I really didn't want to leave her.

"I'll handle the scene, Acciolli. You go take her to be checked out. Medics should be here," Chavez said. Nodding I let the detective handle the scene while I picked up Amelia in my arms and carried her out to the EMT's, staying with her as they examined her inside the vehicle. I held Amelia's hand the entire time and when they confirmed there wasn't any major injuries, I thanked them before they left the vehicle to give Amelia and I some space. Looking at her, I gave her the weakest of smiles.

"I'm really sorry they did this to you, Amelia. I should've told you about all of this sooner but I thought keeping you in the dark was the better option. I know now that was a stupid decision on my part that could have costed you your life." I stopped talking then, trying not to choke up.

Amelia
After I ended the call with Jayden, I was petrified that would be the last time I heard his voice despite his promise to get me out of here. I knew so much could go wrong in his attempt that there was no guarantee, and my biggest concern was that he was putting his emotions first. It was never recommended in his line of work when he risked his life every time he walked out the door, but I didn't want to waste my possible last conversation talking him out of what he already set his mind to. It was pointless.

"Okay," I whispered submissively "I love you." This wasn't something I said to Jayden often, we both had a habit of putting up an unemotional front because of the careers we choose, but this was one of the few times where I knew it needed to be said. I hoped it would calm his doubts about getting through this. It was in Jayden's hands now, I did all that I could do to stay alive, and much like I hated, now I had to wait to be rescued by a man, something I tried to avoid for the entirety of my adult life. In my frustration, I almost resented letting myself fall for Jayden, but as I carefully curled back into the bed and stared at the gold-rimmed ceiling, trying to calculate how long it would take him to bust into the room since the line went dead. But I knew this was just a reaction to being in survival mode, not wanting the sleeping man next to me to roll over and decide he was finished with me, choking me to death or suffocating me with a pillow before he left my lifeless body for the afternoon maid to find long after he checked out.

As I contemplated my entire life, I realized I didn't resent Jayden. I wanted a life with him. Now facing my end, I knew if I made it out of this, I wanted to marry and have kids with this man if he saved me from all of this. Everything I spent the last year and a half denying over the course of our relationship that he continued to push for, reassuring me that I was apt to be a mother and a wife despite my ambitions. It wasn't until now that I knew deep down, I did want these things too, I was just too afraid at failing at them to give in, even to the best man I could have run into.

Unable to keep it together anymore, I let myself cry, silently, still staring at the ceiling. Are you really admitting you love this man because you're scared?

"Please, Jayden," I whispered quickly wiping away the tears from my face.

I knew there was noo going back to sleep and it was only a matter of time before I wasn't the only one awake, and I knew what he was expecting from me when he woke, but I wasn't sure I could be as willing this time after hearing Jayden's voice, it made it seem more wrong than before, but it was too late. I started this game I had to finish it.

We were about to be intimate for the first time in the morning when I heard soft footsteps I knew I recognized but couldn't draw attention to. Jayden.

But it was too late, with mystery man's hand on my chest, he felt my heart racing, giving me a crazed look he looked toward the door right before it busted open, throwing me to the ground, making me scream when a team of heavily uniformed men entered the room all pointing semi-automatics in my direction. Bringing my head to my knees I didn't look at any of them. I recognized Jayden's voice but it was masked with a sense of command I never heard before. It gave me goosebumps. Up until then, I wondered how he could be a part of the department with the soft demeanor I only ever saw.

When I managed to pull my head from my knees and look for Jayden on the other side of the room with terror in my eyes, that's when I saw his gaze move from me to Luciano, before I could register why I heard the loud pop and watched the man's fall face first into the bed, his eyes still open.

You just watched the man you love to kill someone like it was nothing.

Looking away from him, I curled back into my original position, rocking back and forth until I jumped at his arms reaching around him. My instinct was to not let him touch me, but when we made eye contact, I saw the same look in his eyes every other time he looked at me. He was safe. When our lips met, I forgot about everyone else in the room, clinging to him, shaking my head when he tried to part ways with me. Now that I knew he was here, I didn't want him to leave me. I didn't trust anyone else.

I knew there were no major injuries, but I also knew it was only a matter of time before someone from Jayden's team came back to tell him the man he just killed and all his friends all took advantage of me. I was dreading it because I just saw his rage, and I had no desire to bear witness to it again. Not letting go of his hand, I squeezed it, keeping quiet about what happened in the time I was unaccounted for.

"Hey, it's okay, you were only doing your job. There's no way you could have known this would have happened. It's over now."

Jayden
Sighing softly at how strong Amelia was being, I shook my head, telling myself mentally that I needed to get my shit together because I was supposed to be the strong one for her, not the other way around. Biting my lip, I nodded at what she had to say before I pulled my hand away and pulled my jacket tighter around her. Smiling down at her gently, I kissed the top of her head.

"Yeah, it is over," I said softly. "IA is going to rip me apart but I expect nothing less. They're also going to investigate you. I'm sorry for that too but Isabel's here. She's at her hotel but agreed to meet us at the apartment. I'll drop you off with her for right now because I have to deal with the first meeting of IA reps."

Internal Affairs was the part of the department that did all the investigating if any officer acted out of conduct. They were going to investigate my life and give me shit because I know damn well I pulled my trigger too early. They were going to blame it on my personal and emotional connection with Amelia, which was valid, but I didn't trust that son-of-a-bitch Luciano wouldn't pull his trigger. I wasn't going to let him shoot Amelia before I shot him. IA was also going to make it a point to rat Amelia out for her own investigation since she's a crime reporter at the moment. What a fat ass mess of COI.

"C'mon. We can take my patrol car." Picking Amelia up again, I carried her out of the ambulance and to my car, setting her down in the passenger seat where I pulled the seatbelt over her and clipped it, kissing her head gently once again before I walked around and got into the drivers seat. Instantly holding her hand in mine, I drove us to her apartment, not saying a word. I knew Amelia was avoiding the elephant in the car. She didn't want to discuss what Luciano and all the others did to her but I didn't need her to. I already knew about it and one day soon, I would prove to the love of my life that what she did didn't matter nor hurt our relationship.

Kissing the top of her hand, I smiled gently at her when she looked over at me.

"I really do love you, Amelia and I will forever be sorry for causing this. After this I won't have to do undercover work again."

OOC: COI means conflict of interest for anyone who needs clarification. :)
Amelia
I wasn't surprised Jayden was being so hard on himself for putting us both under fire with our superiors. Before any of this happened to me I would be just as disheveled by it, but I was thinking about the promise I made to myself and him if I made it out of that hotel room alive, and there was no taking it back now. I was still very much in the trance of realizing there were much bigger things in life than losing a position or having to start all over if it meant saving someone you love. Jayden and I both would face our accusations respectively, but I wasn't going to apologize or publicly state that I regretted ever falling in love with Jayden. In the past I had done everything to keep our relationship private and out of the public eye, afraid of the accusations that I built my career on my romance when that was the farthest from the truth. I always went to Jayden's superiors for information and I never spoke to him or anyone in his unit when I needed information. But I knew, there was no saving myself from this, and for once I didn't care. I wasn't going to give Jayden up to be in better graces with people who should know how much my career meant to me, but family would always come first.

Wrapping my arms around Jayden's neck, I rested my forehead against his drawing a deep breath before I let go of a carefree laugh I knew would confuse him but I hoped he would hear me out.

"Jayden, I don't care about what happens to us as long as we're together. I told myself if I made it out of there, all I wanted was a life with you and if I had nothing else I would be okay," I whispered as our eyes met. You don't have to stop doing something because you're afraid you're going to lose me, I'm not going anywhere, I promise. I will love you forever and ever, even if we get torn apart, we get torn apart together and start over somewhere else. It's going to be okay," Bringing him into yet another kiss, I giggled when we pulled away, biting my lip staring off into his perfect blue eyes that caught me the first time he looked at me and I tried horribly to pretend I didn't notice the hue in them had caught me off guard. Bringing my thumbs to his chin, I didn't let him go.

"Jayden? Will you marry me?"

Jayden
Will you marry me?

Those four words took my breath away. I was confused by how quick Amelia was to wrap her arms around my neck and I was even more confused by the carefree laugh she let out just seconds before, but these four words took the ability to breathe away while I stared into those stunning eyes that always held me captive. Chuckling softly, I grinned playfully at the woman I loved, not moving from the hold she held me in. Leaning in, I kissed her yet again, savoring it before I pulled away and looked back at her.

"Amelia Carson, only you would ask before I do. Yes, my answer is yes. I would love nothing more than to marry you, Vix." I whispered softly, kissing her again before I fully pulled away with a bright smile on my face. This single intimate moment we shared switched my mood instantly and now I wasn't giving any thought to the fact that I would have to face IA later today. Nothing could ruin what Amelia and I just verbally committed to. Holding her hand in mine the entire drive to Amelia's apartment, I helped her inside and smiled at Isabel who was already inside waiting. When the two hugged instantly, I let out another content sigh.

"God, I'm so glad they found you." I heard Isabel say.

"We couldn't have done it with you, Anes. You should give detective work a thought."

"Hard pass, Acciolli. I'd get bored."

Laughing, I shook my head at the two before I went to Amelia's bedroom to change out of uniform and into something more comfortable, the tacky smile not leaving my face. When I felt arms wrap around me before I could put my shirt on, I turned around in her arms and smiled, kissing her again before I moved down and placed a gentle one on her neck.

"I have to head back to the station but I'll be home soon, Fiancee," I whispered before I pulled away and put my shirt on, grabbing my wallet and keys. "Love you. Have fun with Isabel while you have her." I knew this wasn't the best situation for the anchors to be reunited but I also knew they wouldn't care and would cherish what little time they had before Isabel had to go back to the border.

Isabel
The minute I heard the door open I stood up as fast as I could, quickly taking my best friend into the tightest of hugs while I bit down on the inside of my cheeks to prevent myself from crying. It was like a massive weight was lifted off my shoulders and I was more than grateful to now have Amelia in the same room as me. I didn't even want to think about never getting to see her again and I was glad I was able to help the police as best as I could.

Letting the two go off to Amelia's room, I sat on the couch and grabbed my phone, going to my text thread with Dawson to see how he was doing. He didn't want to leave me last night but Brett was currently in the ER because the crazy ass bull rider was thrown off his bull and shoved around for a second. I knew the entire Covington clan was worried and I couldn't keep Dawson from them even if I knew my time here was limited. They all needed him and would be upset if I kept him.

"Hi Cowboy, how're you holding up? How's Brett?"

After sending text, I watched Jayden leave from Amelia's room and head out the door. Saying bye to him I smiled at Amelia when she came to the couch and sat next to me.

"Well, I didn't want to come back on these terms but ya got me for a couple of days. How are you?" I asked her softly, not wanting to directly ask about what happened and sour her mood.

Amelia
I was unsure what exactly Jayden was walking into once he left my apartment, or what he would bring home with him if he returned at all. I tried not to contemplate the options, I didn't want to ruin the moment we just had. Throwing myself into the couch after changing into only Jayden's clothes, I shrugged at Isabel question.

"I'm not sure how to answer that right now, a lot has happened," I whispered, picking my fingernails out of habit before I stopped, holding up my head with my hand while I mustered the courage to look at Isabel. I wasn't going to address what she was referring to. I made it out, we don't need to talk about it. I overexplain too much anyway,

"I guess I'm-- humbled by the whole thing? I have no idea what's going to happen next, Jayden put blood on his hands today because of me, we both could end up losing our jobs, and quite frankly, I don't care. I love him, best friend. I love him so much it drives me insane, I thought when I would never get to see him again, none of what I thought mattered seemed relevant anymore... I want to spend the rest of my life with that man, and if I have to give up everything I built here to make it happen, I will. I'm willing to give him whatever he wants, the wedding, kids, whatever crazy softy dreams he has of growing old together, I want that too..." I whispered, trailing off knowing that sounded nothing like me, and I from the past would do anything to prevent from making such a confession but as far as I was concerned, now, I didn't care if anyone thought I was being hypocritical for it.

Isabel
After much careful thought and consideration, I couldn't stop the laugh that came out of my mouth. I was trying not to laugh because of what Amelia just went through. The woman was literally kidnapped, raped and abused all within the last twenty-four hours but here she was, sitting next to me on her couch, spilling her sentimental guts out about how she was humbled by the entire experience and realized she loved Jayden and wanted a future with him. To me that was baffling because my best friend is the most stubborn person I have ever met and insisted on never marrying Jayden and never having kids with him, but now she was somehow okay with losing all she worked for for the officer?

Wiping away the tears streaming down my face from how hard I was laughing, I shook my head before calming down and finally finding the words to say.

"Oh my gosh. You finally admitted to loving the guy. Best friend I'm so happy for you!" I said in an awfully cheery voice, laughing when Amelia rolled her eyes while I hugged her. "Oh c'mon, you know I have to tease you about this. You were so set on never marrying this man or having a future with him but here we are, in your apartment where you just confessed you're undying love. How gayyy."

Moving away before she could hit me, I sat at the farther end of the couch while laughing again. "It's okay. I won't tell anyone. It'll be out little secret. How does that sound?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back