Other An simple rant

My Fair Lady

"Love without your Heartbeat" Labyrinth
OK this bothers me greatly. I was having an rather amazing RP with someone, when they suddenly stopped the RP dead in its tracks. They sent me another message asking about my grammar. Now (if you couldn't tell already) my grammar and spelling is of that of an 13 year old. However I am 25 years of age. I'm on this site to help with my spelling and my grammar. Not only that but I only have access through my cellphone. Now this person is not responding.

Now I know my grammar and spelling is sometimes distracting. I know that sometimes makes things a little difficult. But I'm trying OK. I failed every English class I've ever had. Partly my own fault but at least I'm trying to fix it. I'm sorry I don't have proper grammar at this moment, and I'm sorry to have been a bother to RP with.

Well. Thanks for reading my rant. please remember sometimes you will come accrost someone who is not so good with their grammar or spelling. That doesn't make it OK to just ignore them. If you don't want to deal with it just say something and it will hurt less then just ignoring them.

To be honest your perfectly understandable. Your sentences are easy to read and I get what your trying to say. You have exactly one typo in that post above. So yeah unless someone is just being super nitpicky there isn't anything functionally wrong with your writing.

And if grammar is such a big issue than absolutely they should just let you know to start with.

I wouldn't let one person get you down though. Most people on here don't give a damn about grammar as long as your posts are readable. And typically if they don't understand something they'll just ask for a clarification.

I understand how frustrating that can be. Your grammar is far from perfect, but it's readable. However, anyone holds the right to reject you for any reason. They may seem like a jerk for doing it, but they still hold that right. Being sort of a grammar Nazi, myself, I can kind of see where they were coming from. They could have definitely handled the situation better, but it's still a valid reason to leave a roleplay, unfortunately.

If you're looking to improve your grammar, I don't think RpNation is the place. Sure, people here may be eloquent and skillful with their words, which you, among many others, could slowly improve from... But it's far from the most efficient way of learning. If you really want to learn quickly, I'd suggest putting your time into an online course you can explore at your own pace. I'm afraid you might not learn a lot here on RpN.

I understand they have a right to leave an RP for any reason. I'm just saying if it's an issue just let me know and I will understand. I've learned more about grammar and spelling on here more then I have in any online classes or night school. I don't have allot of money so if I can learn something through an RP site then I'll take it.

I understand they have a right to leave an RP for any reason. I'm just saying if it's an issue just let me know and I will understand. I've learned more about grammar and spelling on here more then I have in any online classes or night school. I don't have allot of money so if I can learn something through an RP site then I'll take it.

If your serious about that I think a more effective way to go about it is to sort of ask for proof reading help.

Like you could either make a post where people can critique sample role play posts or make an interest check where you specifically ask for help with grammar.

tbh most of the people on this site don’t really prioritize grammar. So learning from them might not be very useful as they could very well be doing things “wrong” as well.

As most people here understand grammar isn’t the end all be all of writing. They’re just trying to construct replies that are readable and give their partners something to respond to.

They aren’t going to really care if things are spelled write or they use the proper punctuation in every sentence.

From what I’ve seen your posts are already at what I’d consider detail writing quality.

I mean you aren’t making any more spelling/grammar issues than the people I role play with.

You might post less (my partners average four paragraphs per post)

But word count has nothing to do with grammar or writing quality

Oops! This post may be about me. I am on a different timezone to most people and so I'm not going to reply at the same time as everyone else.

Sorry!

The issue I had wasn't entirely related to grammar. And especially not replying on your phone because I do that too.

It was the lack of any details, the fact that I wrote about four or five paragraphs and got barely a paragraph in return, and that you didn't capitalize your 'I' for most of the post.

I'm sorry you had to vent publicly about my rudeness! I just hoped when I brought up the grammar issue you would have at least gone back to fix your post... but no avail.

Sorry again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back