• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom An Inconvenient Investigation (DapperCharmer2.0 & mustardTiger 1x1 rp)

mustardtiger

Emilie St. Claire was finishing up a conversation with her fiancee as she typed away on her typewriter. Today was a busy day for our leading lady as she was preparing to find a new private eye for her investigation after her previous partner was murdered.

"My dear Johnny I must apologize for my absence in our approaching agreement of nuptials. However, I am calling to inform you as it appears our resident detective has been deemed dead," Emilie explained as she prepared the interview questions for her new private eye. As Johnny replied on the phone in protest, Emilie cut him off.

"Well yes, I understand but I have important implications regarding my investigation. I simply cannot abandon my inspection for the sake of intersection," she explained as there was a knock on the door. "Johnny you must forgive me for my abruptness as I have a guest. Yes, enjoy the engagement celebration," she said before hanging up and turning her direction towards the door. It was perfect timing as she took her papers and stacked them neatly on her desk.

"Come in," she sang out, folding her dainty hands on the desk in front of her.

Emilie St Claire. 25 years old. Investigative journalist for the LA Times Gazette and currently engaged to one Johnathan 'Johnny' McCarty. These were the basic details Richard had found out when researching his new client. People had called her many things; most names referring back to her one track mind. He'd heard that when she smelt a scoop she followed it to the edge of the earth. Most could find it annoying, but he found it admirable.

As Richard heard the, surprisingly pleasant, voice telling him to come in he stood up and headed inside. He was wearing a large trench coat and looked exactly like your expect a detective to look like, except the adorable sheep like face. "Let's not waste any time, because my time here is spent not on a case and time spent off a case is time spent not getting paid. You need a detective them im your man, no matter the job; missing persons, murder, stolen items? That ain't no case I can't solve faster than you can blink. Cause I take my time and never rush my cases, specially if in paid by hour. But currently im not getting paid, so let's get to the point. Ask your questions the hire me or let me be on my way"

As Emilie looked the gentleman in her office up and down, she was surprised as his demeanor did not match his fluffy exterior. Emilie stood up to greet her guest but she was taken aback by his direct greeting.

"Richard Lockhart I presume," she said holding out her hand before pulling it away quickly to grab the papers on her desk and shove them in her new partner's arms. Emilie liked his work ethic and he was absolutely right, they were wasting time.

She sat on the arm of the chair that faced her desk and crossed her legs. "You're right, we've not time for pleasantries as we have a murderer on the loose. If you have the stamina for the sleuthing and a passion for the people, we can offer you a pretty pension I just hope I have your full attention..."

Richard chuckled as the papers were shoved in his hands, reading over them with vigor and efficiency. "Though I would not often condone the use of presumptions, as one should have all the facts before coming to too strong a conclusion. But in this case you havecpresumes correctly. I am indeed Richard Lockhart," he said with a polite nod, "and I do have a strong sentiment towards sleuthing and proprietary passion towards people"

"If my full attention is all you require then that is what you shall have, and then some," Richard chuckled as he handed back the papers, "of course having my attention is only helpful if you are willing to share information pertaining to the mr or mrs that was murdered. I need the when, where, who and how. The why will come later"

For once in her life, Emile had found herself almost speechless at the manner and attitude of the llama in front of her. Could it be she found someone as passionate as she is?

"Mr.Lockhart, it is not characteristic of me to be taken aback by the candor of my constituents. However, I'm impressed by your interest and I would be glad to take you on as my partner."
"Our suspect is a horse that went off the course and left a child dead in the snow."

Emilie stood up and began to pace through the office, thinking and tapping her temple.
Emilie stood up and began to pace through the office, thinking and tapping her temple.

"Of course it would be a horse..." she muttered as she paced. "Horses have terrible dexterity and it makes it awfully difficult to drive..." she trailed off.

Richard listened to details and intently watched her pace, his mind already racing with ideas about this particular case. Red string was connecting different ideas and thoughts. Of course he was also glad to hear that she'd take him on as a partner. This case seemed right up his alley, with just enough details to make this a real challenge.

Richard chuckled, "true enough I suppose, and true enough that you should be glad I ain't a horse; otherwise I might take offence," he nodded, "but, stereotypes aside, it begs the question. Was this a premeditated murder? Or a mere accident? A case of that very stereotype being far truer than people think."

Emilie walked over to the mini bar she had in her office and poured herself some scotch. She turned around and looked at her new partner through the glass.

"Mr. Lockhart, do you indulge in endeavors of alcoholic delights? Do you wet your whistle with whiskey or do you sip the sauce serenely?" she asked taking a slight sip. The horse I'm looking for berates the booze to the point of...blindness." Emile put the glass down and ran towards her partner.

"Dear Lockhart do you see what I'm getting at? Our horse hit the bottle and then the highway. Dead little girl left in the street on Christmas morning? Nothing but two hoof prints in the snow?"

Richard nodded along with her words, finding an odd fascination with the way she spoke and the words that came out of her mouth. Emillie really did seem to have quite the knack for expositing exposition in a way that was verifiably varatious.

"If your point were set in the form of a sedimentary material, then the material would be crystal. And that crystal would be clear," Richard said with a soft chuckle, "what's less clear is the reasoning behind this horse trip to the watering hole"

"And if you're previous question, about whether I drink, was an invitation for me to join you in a drink. Then yes I do drink and yes I'd love to join you in a drink. Scotch on the rocks, but replace to ice with more scotch"

Emilie tilted her head to look at her new partner. Her mind was going a mile a minute but she found no words to respond. "I don't drink," she replied succinctly and chugged the drink, without breaking eye contact. Emile put the glass down and tossed Lockhart her keys. "Take my keys, Lockhart. We've got a watering hole to visit," she exclaimed and turned to exit her office.

On her way out of the office, Emilie picked up some folders and began walking down the hall to her car. As she walked, papers flew from her arms and her pumps clacked loudly on the linoleum floors. She normally was a put together woman with a grid-patterned pencil skirt, white blouse and red heels but today she was a a bit...flustered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back