• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern An idea...

DiamondJack

Most Call Me Jack
So, as of my writing this, it is 2:30 AM and I have been awake for almost 21 hours, but that's okay, While driving my friend home from a party tonight, I had an interesting idea. I want to try a different kind of rp, one where not every author has his or her own characters, but instead each writer writes a segment of a story of our main character. I, as the creator, will of course start the journey, and then a defined order of others will begin writing the story of our main character, describing main events in the story, as well as introducing additional characters, defining our characters past, and giving the character personality traits.

Of course there will be limits on this story, more rules to come, but I have some basic ones:

-Story will be set in the modern world

-Story will be entirely realistic, kind of a slice of life story

-Our main character will not be a psychotic murderer, as that would lead to a short story.*

-Our character will have to remain somewhat consistent, writers will have to consider past posts

-Writers will have to be considerate with post length, no incredibly long posts that tell a whole story, as well as no one liners

-Authors will have to provide a sample of their own writing instead of filling out a character sheet.

*Mental problems can be used, within reason

So, anyone interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back