Advice/Help An idea of wanting improvement

Comicwolf

Searching for writing partners
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there ladies and gents, i havent had much intrest shown in my threads about finding rpers for others

One idea i thought of if i redo my two threads is maybe to make it like a game screen of choosing a character but idk if thats possible.

I would like to have somebody look it over and help me figure out what i should fix or do

So which threads do you want critique on?

So just a few minor details first
- I would list a number range for your posts OR maybe provide a writing sample. As the terms semi/para/etc. might be unfamiliar or just mean different things to different people.

- I would clarify a bit how often you can post as that was confusing. I would just leave it at “I can reply twice a week.” Even if you don’t literally get two posts up a week it’s more giving people an idea of your average response time.

Now for the big thing : you don’t list who your partners are meant to play.

So interest checks usually fall into two categories : Pairings or Plots.

Your threads seem to mostly be in the pairing format (which is totally fine) but you haven’t given your potential partner any indication of who you want them to play.

So I would go through and write next to each of the characters you play who you want them paired with.

Ex Oliver Queen (cw) - Laurel Lance, OC, etc

( I mean I dunno who you want him paired with but you get the idea)

So just a few minor details first
- I would list a number range for your posts OR maybe provide a writing sample. As the terms semi/para/etc. might be unfamiliar or just mean different things to different people.

- I would clarify a bit how often you can post as that was confusing. I would just leave it at “I can reply twice a week.” Even if you don’t literally get two posts up a week it’s more giving people an idea of your average response time.

Now for the big thing : you don’t list who your partners are meant to play.

So interest checks usually fall into two categories : Pairings or Plots.

Your threads seem to mostly be in the pairing format (which is totally fine) but you haven’t given your potential partner any indication of who you want them to play.

So I would go through and write next to each of the characters you play who you want them paired with.

Ex Oliver Queen (cw) - Laurel Lance, OC, etc

( I mean I dunno who you want him paired with but you get the idea)
So how would that work on the character desire thread? As thats who i can rp as for them.

So let me put it this way, when I am looking at an interest check I am not concerned with who my partner is playing. Unless they are playing a character I just do not like or find problematic.

Most of the time when it comes to pairings or fandoms I look specifically for who they want me to play. That way I know if I can portray that character properly / if I want to make the specific pairing they are looking for.

I think your idea is basically “I will let my partners pick the characters they want me to play.” Correct? Well that only works if they know who they are playing first.

So let me put it this way, when I am looking at an interest check I am not concerned with who my partner is playing. Unless they are playing a character I just do not like or find problematic.

Most of the time when it comes to pairings or fandoms I look specifically for who they want me to play. That way I know if I can portray that character properly / if I want to make the specific pairing they are looking for.

I think your idea is basically “I will let my partners pick the characters they want me to play.” Correct? Well that only works if they know who they are playing first.
Fixed the pairing list for dc marvel.

Yes, i guess ill try to fix it

Added Who will you be: your oc or anyone
To the desire thread

The only other thing is maybe change up the titles. As right now it makes it seem like your partner is doing a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of having to pick your character, their character, AND come up with a plot.

Instead I would just put something like : Multiple Fandom Pairings

(that’s not super creative but I just woke up lol) my point is get away from the idea your partner is gonna have to do all the choosing. They will assume they have some degree of control over which pairing they pick just because you have a variety listed.

The only other thing is maybe change up the titles. As right now it makes it seem like your partner is doing a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of having to pick your character, their character, AND come up with a plot.

Instead I would just put something like : Multiple Fandom Pairings

(that’s not super creative but I just woke up lol) my point is get away from the idea your partner is gonna have to do all the choosing. They will assume they have some degree of control over which pairing they pick just because you have a variety listed.
The desire one i would like to keep somehow as i love the quote.
Multiverse of dc and marvel pairings?

Fandom pairing desires

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back