• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

An Exchange Student at Hogwarts

"Professor McGonagall is able to transfigure herself into a cat as well.", she replied but kept Snuffles out of the conversation. She didn't know if Sirius would want her to talk about him with a stranger. He was already in big enough troubles for being an Azkaban escapee. "So, this isn't that uncommon here. It takes a lot of studying and you need to sign up in the Ministry for being an animagus though.", she added after a moment of silence.

"Is that a bad or a really bad thing that it's like he has that thing?", she asked him as she clearly was worried her friend. Everything was new to her. So she wasn't sure whether or not that was a good thing or not. But based on how his explanation sounded like it wasn't something good. But merely the opposite. It made her fear for Harry's safety after all of them deserved a calm school year for once.

"Well, we have unicorns and other magical creatures like giant spiders and all that stuff. They all live in the Dark Forest. But I think there should be hybrids as well even though I'm not completely sure what you mean by that. But by the actual meaning of the word. Yes, there exists such things as hybrids.", she replied and asked him curiously "Why?"

“Well I suppose that would be a useful spell to use. Along with Yoruichi's spell that can turn her into a cat.” He nodded his head softly at her. “The only one known to change like that is Yoruichi and she used a forbidden spell to do that. If I use it, it's not like I would get told off... I'm already in the deep end. Plus somehow they like me which is very odd.” He said and took a deep breath. “I can do the much harder spells with ease but the easy ones I can never get right.” The orange haired muttered loud enough for her to hear.

“I am unsure. I would have to contact Hat-n-Clog's to ask him what he thinks on the subject. But normally things like that are bad. Saying that, if it hasn't affected him in any worse way all these years until now, I don't think it will harm him.” Ichigo said, shrugging lightly. “If it hasn't done anything bad to him then it will be fine for now. Let me now if anything changes and I can enquire.”

Listening to what she said about the magical creatures, he nodded his head with a grin on his face. “Brilliant. That would be very interesting to know what they are like. And I meant Hybrid in the literal sense of the word. I want to meet others that are in the same boat as me. Sure there are some back at home, but it is nice to meet hybrids and other creatures. Makes for good Allies in the future.”

((Sorry about the mega late reply. I have been busy with school work, and most likely will until June. I will definitely try to reply back when I can.))

((No worries. Good luck on your school stuff :) ))

"It does seem useful from time to time.", she agreed with him and continued "But becoming an animagus is supposed to be really hard and not easy to learn for yourself". Hermione had read about some of those spells before and talked to Sirius about it. But she had never desired to actually become an animagus and therefore being watched by the ministry. She listened to him and frowned a little "Maybe that's because you don't conentrate enough for those 'easy' spells.", she suggested and continued "as easy as they may seem - they do require practice as well. Maybe I can help you with that?"

Hermione nodded frowning a little. It sounded bad but apparently it hadn't caused Harry any visible harm yet. But knowing about this issue, she would keep a closer look on her best friend and maybe search for symptoms that inclined that something was changing. "You'll be the first to know... But maybe you should talk with Harry about it? After all it's about him and he should know best, if something is changing...", she suggested and hoped Ichigo would involve Harry into this.

Hermione thought about the hybrid question. "Do werewolves count as hybrids? I mean it's a mix of wizard and wolf... There are also wizards, who are able to shift their appearances...", she told him while thinking about the question and continued "In fact I think that one of my friends is a half-giant. He's really nice"

Ichigo nodded his head at her. “Like I said, I am better at the harder things then I am at the easier things. I don't have control over my magic or spiritual pressure with is a bad thing. It is constantly leaking out of my body and soul. There is too much to contain.” He said softly. “It's not that I don't concentrate, I can concentrate well enough to do that, I just power the spell too much. Everyone says so. I just stick to the ones that need more power. It's how I've always done it. When I was training for this, my soul reaper powers that is, I was shown technique for one day and the practised for nine. That was all it took for me to envade the Soul Society and fight against people much older and much more adept in such than me. Then I took two days it find my second release where it would normally take years for one to do the same... This has nothing to do with practise or concentration, it comes down to my control.”

Ichigo sighed lightly into account of that. It would mean that he had to involve another person into this. He just hoped Yoruichi wouldn't be mad at him for telling just one person of this. “Will he blab to anyone else? I cannot have that risk on my head. I don't want to be condemned for this and they probably will.” He muttered the last bit under his breath. “However I shall talk to him about it. Might even be able to help him.”

“I don't think they do. But it would still be nice to meet one. We have a community back at home but I haven't had to to meet anyone. I was literally thrown onto a plane and drugged until I woke up here in England with a letter telling him where to go.” He murmured softly and took a deep breath. “I would like to meet him. And everything else on the grounds of Hogwarts...” His phone rang and he picked it up. It was one of his French subordinates. “Bonjour...

“Qu'avez-vous trouvé?

“Ce est mauvais ... Demandez-Ran Tao pour plus d'informations

“Bounts ont ici depuis assez longtemps ... Les archives ensuite. Reviens-moi.

“Et dépêchez. Nous ne avons pas beaucoup de temps. Trouvez-le et amenez-le-moi. Ce est ma compétence.

“Au revoir.”

((Translation is roughly this...

“Hello

“What have you found?

“That's bad... Ask Ran Tao for information

“Bounts have been here long enough... The archives then. Get back to me.

“And hurry. We don't have much time. Find it and bring it to me. It is my jurisdiction.

“Bye.” ))

She nodded slightly and wasn't sure what to say. Hermione hadn't heard of overpowering spells yet. But of course she knew that some wizards and witches were more powerful than others. But she had always thought it was a matter of practise and experience and not power itself. She thought about the issue for itself. It made sense to her but she wondered, if something like that existed amongst normal, educated wizards. "I think something like you described happens here as well... Because children, who haven't learned to "control" their magical talent yet, do magic without having any control over it from time to time", she explained and continued "But I'm not really able to randomly come up with a solution for your easy spell problem... Sorry" But she was sure that there was a way to control too much power because wizards like Dumbledore were able to perfectly perform a normal charm or spell.

"Harry is not someone to go around and tell everyone about things...", she replied and added "Even if he did... No one would believe him. People think he's crazy for going around and telling people that You-Know-Who is back. They prefer not believing that it's true but that he's an attention seaker and just makes things up." She sighed and knew that it was his decision of whether or not include her best friend.

"Most people prefer to ignore 'hybrids'... It's the same issue as the one with Muggleborns. They feel superior over them and maybe are even scared. So, you should be careful who you tell about this. There's no such thing as a community...", she told him and listened to his trip to England. She crinkled her mouth and was about to reply as his phone rang. She stayed quiet and listened to him speak as she stared into the flames of the fire in the common room. "You speak French?", she asked him slowly turning her glance back to him.

Ichigo looked at her. “You mean accidental magic? I know about that, it happened before I was sent here. Which is why I am here. They thought that I wouldn't present with magic so they didn't say anything until now. I just happened to fling one of the most ruthless captains all the way across the training grounds. He ended up in the pond which I must say was one of the scariest things ever. I thought he was going to hound me to fight him again. I had way to much paperwork to deal with him. Not to mention all of the school work I have to get done.” He sighed lightly and shook his head a bit. “I can show you what I mean by over-powering my spells if you'd like? I can show you the other bit when I have more room. I don't want to damage the school by blowing up the damned spell.”

Grinning lightly, he nodded his head. “Yes, that would be the best for now if I do happen to tell him. It's best for people thinking right now, because whatever he has planned for all of this is better done when the majority of people are against you. It helps that people think that of him for now. If I feel the need to tell him and talk to him about this, I will tell them.” He murmured, looking to the fire with some interesting.

“Well it's not something I care about as such. If people don't like me for who I am, then screw them. It shouldn't matter what other's think of you. Take what you are in stride and do so with pride. While I may come from two pureblooded clans, ultimately different clans, I am still a Hybrid. One that the people I work for what to keep a close eye on me, hence the marriage and the position as a captain.” He murmured, finished on the phone. “Oh, and I can. My jurisdiction is countries in Europe and also Japan, so I have to know the language. It is better that I can speak what my subordinates can speak. I am their commanding officer so I should make it easier for them. My jurisdictions are the UK, France, Russia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Belgium, Sweden, Lithuania, Albania and Vatican City. Languages is one of my strong points. So I have to be able to know the language of each of these countries.” Ichigo explained to her.

((And thank you. I hope it goes well. I will try to reply, bit it will be hit and miss for the next six weeks.))

"I doubt you will actually be able to do constant damage to Hogwarts. That castle has probably seen worse and the founders probably have thought of students who might overpower their spells or charms", she replied to him with a gentle smile before continuing to speak "But as a Gryffindor I have to say, I'd prefer my common room in one piece and not the furniture scattered around the room."

"I think it's bad that no one belives Harry.. I mean I understand that it's good for Who-Know-You. But depsite of what Harry says I see that it's pulling him down and even some of the guys, who he shares his dorm with, think he's a liar. You should read those articles the Prophet publish about him", she said with a sigh, clearly upset about the issue but she continued "Sorry... That was unnecessary information that you're probably not even interested in."

"I wasn't saying that it was a bad thing. But sort of giving you an advice based on my experiences. Life will be easier without certain people knowing such things.", she replied and thought of some Slytherins as well as Umbridge. Hermione had a feeling that their new professor wasn't in favor of minorities like Dumbledore was. She listened impressed to what languages Ichigo was able to speak. "Well, that's a lot of languages and here I am only speaking English and a little bit of French.", hermione answered.

“Well I would definitely like to test that theory. Something that would be great.” Ichigo told her, arching a perfectly sculptured eyebrow. Stupid grooming. Stupid Elders. Stupid mission. “I hope that they have definitely thought about all that. It gives us something to work on.” He nodded his head and smiled softly at him, wanting to seem friendly.

“It works in his favour that no many believe him. In this way no many people will interfere with whatever he may do. We have just come out of war. While I know it wasn't as long as yours is, it was still hell. I had people, creatures, similar to me fighting me and I was somewhat conflicted in what I should do.” He told her. “It's better they think he is crazy and mad. It works better in his favour. And he will know who his true friends are. Instead of the people parading to be his friend because of his fame and what he did. Before you say anything, I was debriefed in the situation before being pushed on the plane to come here.”

Taking a deep breath, he looked at her and smiled softly. “And neither did I. Although saying that, maybe that's what you need to do. Leak information to the other side and let them do all the work. Once that is done then it is much easier to go about doing what you are to do. A spy is really helpful. We had a spy and we were one step behind him instead of being several steps. In the end, I won the war and came out victorious....” Ichigo murmured, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose again. “It is a lot. I have to know about eleven languages just to do my job. But it makes life easier. Is there anything else you would like to know about me, what I do or about how I came to be as such?”

Hermione smiled back at him not sure what he thought. It seemed like the end of this topic. So, she remained silent, thinking about what she had just heard and how Hogwarts might play out for him in general outside of his mission. He would definitely need to work on the easy spells, if he wanted to pass some of the classes. Maybe she would be more helpful with that topic than the actual mission, she reasoned.

"Okay... How much do you know than?", she asked him a bit irritated not sure if she had bored him a little. "I'm sorry if I rattle on about this.. But it really drives me crazy with everything going on in the moment...", she mumbled and took one last glance at her best friend before turning back to Ichigo.

She watched him silently for a brief moment, thinking about what to ask. There were a few questions floating around in her head but none of them seemed to be fitting. "Maybe one last question... I don't mean to offend you or anything... But how come they send you to help us? I mean you have an impressive skill in languages and all but how will you help us?", she asked him, hoping that she didn't cross a line with this particular question.

“It's fine. Don't worry about it. Sometimes rattling on about someone or something leads to information that could help or be the death of you.” Ichigo told her, knowing that if he didn't remember or take everything in, one of the others would remember what was said, so it was okay. That's how he dealt with high school. Juha or Shiro was always there to remind him of things and help him. “If you mean about Tom Riddle, I know enough to get me by on this mission. The twelfth division have been keeping an eye on him. They've sensed whispers but not enough to actually find him.”

When she had asked that question, he unwrapped the scarf and pulled out a necklace. “I will be using this to destroy his soul.” He told her out right, the bond marks shining out. There were vines on both sides of his neck, surrounding bite marks. The other side was a mirror image. The petals were a pink colour and had little moons dotted around the vines and petals. “They sent me because I am the Captain in charge of this area and they are concerned about him. Not only is he giving me so much work to do, but he cannot be around after he has died. If he can do such a thing, then so can others. Besides... we do not want a soul as destructive as his to go through the reincarnation cycle. He could take his ideals with him and I do not want to deal with him in god knows how long.”

Sighing lightly, he took off the robe and the jumper before unbuttoning half his buttons. “It's a little hot in here and your uniforms are way too constricting. There is not enough room to move about in it.” He complained lightly, resting his head on the back of the chair.

((Necklace looks like this. http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/MelodyKariStarlight/BleachQuincyCrossNecklace.jpg))

"What's the twelfth division?", Hermione asked him confused and wondered who else was after Voldemort. It was more than confusing. Until now, she had thought that the only people trying to actually fight against Voldemort was the Order of Phoenix and people, who she was close to like the Weasley's (excluding Percy), Harry and few more, had actually believed Harry in telling that Voldemort was back. "So, there are more people trying to fight You-Know-Who besides you..?", she concluded with a small frown.

Hermione nodded and looked at his necklace. "It's a nice cross.", she told him but something from what he had said sucked with her. "So, people can be reborn?", she asked him outright. It sounded a little silly to her. She had always fought that death had been absolute and there would be no such thing as a reincarnation. But Hermione also knew that in some religions that was a normal thing to happen. "Not to sound silly... But how can you enter that reincarnation circle?", she asked him and continued "I always thought that You-Know-Who wasn't really dead and just looked for a way to come back into a body... But that sounds more like that he was already dead?". She looked somewhat confused at him.

Hermione couldn't help than laugh over his complaint. "I always thought those jumpers are pretty itchy. But I guess you'll get used to the uniform after a few days. It's not like you have a big choice about it anyways.", she replied and looked at her own uniform.

“The twelfth division is our research and development department. They have been tracking Tom since he first came to power. When he first started killing people in masses. The last war, my division was in chaotic mess and we had to work over time to clean up his damn mess. I am a little grateful for Potter to stop him, but it didn't make our lives any easier. We, in Seireitei, want him gone. Me more than most for particular reasons.” Ichigo murmured softly, tilting his head back.

“Thank you about the cross. It gives a medium to control my Quincy powers through.” He said, a small yawn escaping from his lips. “People can be reborn. Though if your soul dies right now, you wouldn't go straight to the reincarnation cycle of course. You'd live out you life as a soul in the after life. Or Soul Society as we call it. It takes years or even centuries to enter it. And even then, you don't actually know when you go. Sometimes, it will just pluck you from what you are doing. Most times it's when you die up there you'll be reborn down here.” He gave a quick explanation, though he knew it was more than that then he actually knew. It confused him.

“Tom Riddle never died. He found a way to cheat death. And if he can do that, then other's can as well. We don't want that to happen. We have to stop him. Kill him. And eradicate his soul. We don't want him to be able to re-enter the reincarnation cycle when he does die. Hence my job of eradicating his soul when the time comes. We don't want him to take his ideals to another life.” Ichigo told her in a way that he knew she should be able to understand.

The orange haired grimaced lightly when she laughed at his complaints. “It's not that it is itchy or anything, it's so restricting. I am used to more breathable clothes. Kimono's, that sort of thing. But at least I can wear what I want tomorrow and no one can stop me.”

(So sorry about the delay on the replying. I got no notifications for this and only thought about this today.))

"Sounds like a Muggle company to me. Just that you guys somehow hunt people down.", she answered and continued "You were not the only one dealing with You-Know-Who. The Order tried to defeat Voldemort and the Ministry tried to unsuccessfully do the same while keeping the magical world in disguise from the Muggles. So, I suppose you aren't the only people who tried to defeat him." She looked at him for a moment and asked "What has he done to you?", she asked him as it sounded like Ichigo had a personal motivation to stop Voldemort.

Hermione stayed quiet over the term "Quincy power". She had no idea what that should be and based on his yawn he seemed tired. "i don't know if that knowledge is more comforting than the thought that life just ends than you die. Thinking about it: there are probably some really bad people in that reincarnation circle.", she reasoned and looked at him for a moment. Despite of how much effort someone put into fighting the bad people, there must have been some people being able to cover themselves up. So they weren't able to get caught. Not everyone was as opened bout his believes as Voldemort.

His explanation sounded logical to him and she nodded. "It's probably for the best if he is gone forever", she agreed but thinking about it didn't make it better to her. "By the way you must be tired.", she changed the topic and suggested "I can have one of the guys to show you your dorm if you want to?" Hermione guessed that they could still talk about things the other day. "Oh, and if you have questions about anything. Please don't hesitate to ask some as well. I guess I shouldn't be the only one with questions." She smiled friendly a him.

"No one can stop you?", she asked him with a raised eyebrow and continued "I think the Professors can stop you from wearing what you want. It's part of the school's policy to wear that uniform. I'm afraid that you can't cheat your way out of it without endangering our house points. There will be more than one person to rebel, if you start losing house points because of what you prefer to wear. There are some people, who'd prefer to wear Muggle clothes but yet we are restricted to wear the uniform"

(No worries really. I was guessing that school had kept you really busy and that's why you hadn't replied in a while.)

Muggle? Maybe she was talking about the other people. The non magic people. This whole world was all new to him so he had a lot to learn if he thought about it. “We are not allowed to interfer in the affairs of humans, unless it is vital to the survival of everyone. We were watching him. Keeping an eye on him. I fear he will start to use Hollows. And we don't want that to happen. Because if he has found a way to do that, then there will be a massacre to clean up this mess and I'd rather that didn't happen.” Ichigo told her, before shrugging lightly. “While I did say my mother attended this school when she was a child, with that professor of yours, while in the Soul Society I was present when Potter's family was murdered. Your last Wizarding War. He made my squad go on overtime without pay. I had mountains of paperwork to get through. I don't appreciate having so much paperwork to do.”

When she repeated the term 'Quincy Power' he smiled softly, tucking it back away. “Another bloodline of my mother's. Everyone with quincy powers are related no matter what one may say. So I doubt there are many of us around. And it is quite comforting. It means that you get to see the people you love again. It's not always a possibility to see them, but it's nice to know that. I thought I would never see my mother again. But I have the possibility to see her.” He sighed lightly, thinking back on that day she had died. How it will forever be his fault. “And I suppose I didn't explain that right. If people did something sinful, for example kill in their mortal life, they would be sent to hell. The gate would come for them. Those gates are horrible by the way, gave me nightmares the last time I saw it... But once they have atoned for their sins, they would be then taken to the Soul Society. But Souls like Tom's is not one you ever want out. He doesn't belong in either, if you ask me. So the best way to deal with him is destroy his soul for good.”

He was feeling tired, but he knew he had work to do. Better to go on his rounds soon, then get some sleep. “Oh don't worry about it. I have stayed up longer than that, three months unconsciously if I rightly remember. That's complicated. Don't know how it worked. But I have my rounds and my work to do as well.” Ichigo nodded his head. “I will ask should I need to know something.”

“Oh, what I meant about that is on the weekends on when we are not in lessons, no one can keep me from wearing what I want in those times. I have long since gotten used to the attire of my work. The clothes of this world feel strange to wear again.” Ichigo told her. “They can't say anything on what I choose to wear otherwise.”

((Hope this makes up for my absence.))

"Believe me, you weren't the ones working on defeating Voldemort. But with all the given respect, your colleagues just lost some sleepless hours. We lost people and experienced and still do experience discrimination about things that are more or less countless and proven to be none existing. Even you said by now, that it's countless", she told him with a sigh and shook her head over his complaint about having to do paperwork. After all her best friend had lost his family and everything he had than he was nothing more than a toddler. So, his complaint about having to do overtime and doing paperwork didn't seem justified to her.

"Sounds somehow like one of the Deathly Hallows...", she told him with a shrug, thinking about the powers that he had mentioned. It somehow also sounded a bit like the mirror, which Harry had found during his first year at Hogwarts. "Those powers sound dangerous. I suppose the knowledge of not bringing their loved ones back can destroy someone completely, can't it?", she asked and started to explain "I mean seeing them but not really join them in their doing like back then they were alive must be really exhausting and dreading..." Hermione nodded in acknowledgment as he continued his explanation and replied to make sure that she had understood him completely "So, I suppose that's why you expect that he never really died? Or else he would have gone to that hell thing?"

"Okay.", she said not sure if he wanted to be left alone or what she was supposed to do about his rounds and work. Hermione would offer her help but she wasn't sure if he wanted that or if she would actually be able to help him. "Just say if I can help you with something.", she told him with a friendly smile.

((No worries, really :) I thought you were busy with school))

“You don't understand. The amount of people he killed, we had to massacre a whole district. I had to kill a whole district because the mess he made was in my jurisdiction. How do you think I had to cope with that?” Ichigo's expression became hard. “I had to kill when it wasn't necessary just to restore the balance of souls in the living world to the after life.” He took a deep breath to control his anger and calm down. “Yes the paperwork was a hassle, and the clean up was even worse, but that... you have no idea. I am only sixteen. It wasn't just sleepless hours. We can run on little to no sleep. It's hard.”

Ichigo hated talking about that. He was ordered by the head captain to restore the balance that that man had caused him. All down to him. Just because it happened in his area. It just wasn't fair or fun at all. And he wanted to make the man pay. “It doesn't destroy you. More to the fact that they are there and they aren't lost. They are never truly lost. They are always there with you. You see, I was happy to find out about that world. I thought I had the possibility to see her again. Apologize for getting her killed, seeing as it was my fault after all...” Trailing off, he shook his head and tried to forget that day. He hated thinking about it and the days near the anniversary were always the worse. “Hell is a place. And there are gates that will come for you. If you die and you have been sinful, they will come for you. You can't hide from them. They will pull you in and consume you. Chains will grow and attach you to that world. It's horrible and I wish to never experience it ever again if I can hope for it.”

Smiling at her, looking around to see that many had gone and he found how late it was, he smiled lightly. “Are you tired?” He asked her, tilting his head. “I won't be long outside. So you don't have to worry about me getting caught of course.”

Hermione blinked and looked at him somewhat taken aback over the news that he had killed people before. She stayed quiet to her killing people for whatever weird reason wasn't necessary and killing people because someone else killed people didn't sound like a good reason either. It shocked her immensely that Ichigo was able to do something like that. To her it sounded no bit better than what Voldemort was doing and she would keep a close eye on him from now on.

"Oh, I'm sorry...", she told him after hearing what had happened to his mother and that he thought it was his own fault. "Hell sounds to be different than the church pictures it to be in that case. Based on those stories: I have always thought it was somewhat a room full of flames, lava and everything with a devil with horns guarding it.", she explained and frowned a little. Until now she hasn't really thought that something like hell existed. To her after death life just ends but the way Dumbledore always talked about death had made her hope that there might be more.

"Yes, going to bed doesn't sound bad. I need to get up early tomorrow and finish an essay.", she explained and looked out of the window for a moment. She thought about him going outside for a moment and sighed a little before she asked "Do you want to go outside?"

Looking at her and the expression on her face when he told them about the experiences, he sighed and rubbed his temples lightly. "Look, it's part of the job. Something you have to do to keep the balance in both worlds. It is hard, yes, but it is something we have to do. It's not like I do it for fun. God no, I hate the killing, which isn't so much field work when you are a captain. I don't kill because I want to or because it's fun, I only do it to keep the linch pin in place and stop the descending force of the royal guard." He shrugged and sighed.

"Oh it's okay I suppose. Even though I know what killed her, it has always been my fault that she had died. Because..." Then he trailed off, shaking his head. It was not good to be lingering on days of his past. It was not something that his mother would want him to do. "Well no. Especially not the one I have witnessed. It used to be under our watch and we would monitor it, but now it is not. It should come under our control again. There is a lot of buildings, and Watchers. They will continuously eat the inmates. I suppose that is equal to the constant burning in the flames. They are chained there so can't get away. I suppose once they have atoned for their sins, they will move to the soul society."

When she asked about going to bed, he shrugged lightly. "Go to bed then. I will follow shortly. It doesn't really matter whether I want to or not. Orders tell me to go to my rounds, I do so. It makes it much more easier then having the soul society on my hind for not giving a report in on time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back