• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Evil Education at the Tudor Lestrange Institute - Refurbished - Roleplayer's Lair

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sato: *truck horn as his fist rams into Sectula's throat*

Announcers: 0.0 oh my God

Sato: at least she didn't lose her head.

Now I'm considering yet another new character. Basically Odile from Swan Lake, as a teacher. Not sure if I want her to be a nonfictional historical figure in-universe, or if she should be de-fictionalized from the ballet, or if she should just be heavily inspired by the ballet and taking on the persona. Any thoughts?

Now I'm considering yet another new character. Basically Odile from Swan Lake, as a teacher. Not sure if I want her to be a nonfictional historical figure in-universe, or if she should be de-fictionalized from the ballet, or if she should just be heavily inspired by the ballet and taking on the persona. Any thoughts?
I think I read in the rules that characters shouldn’t be based on real figures? Just like if I wanted to make a character that is Annie Oakley I’d instead make a character that is just inspired by her and takes on a trait or two that is famous by the actual person. That way it’s still a fictional character but the homage is still clear.

I think I read in the rules that characters shouldn’t be based on real figures? Just like if I wanted to make a character that is Annie Oakley I’d instead make a character that is just inspired by her and takes on a trait or two that is famous by the actual person. That way it’s still a fictional character but the homage is still clear.
It doesn't count for people who only exist in fiction and are in public domain works, decided on a case-by-case basis, provided they aren't too recent and there's a reasonable explanation for why they're in the rp.

I try not to be a hypocrite, or too rigid, in regards to these things, but thanks for pointing out the rules I wrote. I mean this genuinely, as I don't want to seem unquestionable.

Still, given that the Institute seems to be crawling with de-fictionalized and similar characters, I think I will make her a nonfictional, modern person whose villainy is inspired by the plot and characters of Swan Lake and takes on the name of Odile rather than in any way being Odile herself.

But I'm gonna miss the idea of her harping about stuff that happens in the Ballet.

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma Lost Echo Lost Echo @Sunfall27 @rakshasa Marceline_idue Marceline_idue @SolsticeArcanum Webs Elk Webs Elk Pai Chan Pai Chan CyberJackal CyberJackal Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Sir loin of beef Sir loin of beef Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

Lunch will start within a half hour of in-rp time. In-the-know characters can head to the cafeteria early if you want. Otherwise, prepare for the public address system to announce lunch.

If you are no longer in this rp, please let us all know so that we can find roommates for the remaining student characters.
Still in the RP... But yay!

Everyone, I've been having computer troubles again. If I don't post anything within the week, consider this rp to e on indefinite hiatus.

Update: It's not as bad as I first thought, but it's definitely a sign that my computer is on its way out of a functioning state. When I figure out what I want to happen with this rp in the event that I can no longer access the internet, I will let you guys know what my plans will be.

Pai Chan Pai Chan Lost Echo Lost Echo Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma Sir loin of beef Sir loin of beef Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu Marceline_idue Marceline_idue Webs Elk Webs Elk CyberJackal CyberJackal Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

Ok, so I think I have a plan now.

Should this roleplay be slow enough that there are no new posts for a week, I will try to make a post about every week in the OOC to signal that I am still around. Should there be four weeks without any sign that I'm still around, consider this rp to be on indefinite hiatus.

At this point, I think it's a good idea for me to ask this before my laptop completely dies: How likely would all of you be to resume the rp if it takes more than three months for me to get a new laptop? Would any of you prefer to start over should it happen that way?

Pai Chan Pai Chan Lost Echo Lost Echo Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma Sir loin of beef Sir loin of beef Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu Marceline_idue Marceline_idue Webs Elk Webs Elk CyberJackal CyberJackal Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

Should this roleplay be slow enough that there are no new posts for a week, I will try to make a post about every week in the OOC to signal that I am still around. Should there be four weeks without any sign that I'm still around, consider this rp to be on indefinite hiatus.

At this point, I think it's a good idea for me to ask this before my laptop completely dies: How likely would all of you be to resume the rp if it takes more than three months for me to get a new laptop? Would any of you prefer to start over should it happen that way?
I’ll continue as is, but frankly a lot of my character designs and ideas have totally shifted gears or been reinvented since we started and I feel a bit of a strange disonnance from the current cast I have assembled. So I’m in favor of a reboot if you’re considering it.

that sounds good to me

I'll be here. I don't mind either way.

If we could compromise I could just rewrite some members of my cast. And their interactions could be retconned/reworked.

I don’t want to force a reboot if the other members don’t want one. Or be the reason that someone leaves.

I was talking about the likely possibility of my laptop dying and not being able to be replaced soon enough. That's really the main reason I was talking about a reboot.

If we could compromise I could just rewrite some members of my cast. And their interactions could be retconned/reworked.

We can indeed do that, reboot or no reboot. Just be aware that if my laptop dies, which it seems likely to, that the rp will be on hiatus until I am able to get a new one, which may not be soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back