• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

An Awkward Attempt at Partner-Searching

Proficiently Awkward

Professional Cynic
A Proficiently Awkward Attempt at Finding a Long-Term RP Partner!

[Updated 5/8/2017!]

Here goes my exceedingly awkward attempt at dredging up a new RP partner! Really, I'm looking for one or two like-minded RPers that I can 'click' and build creative plots with.

Before I get too in depth, I’ll yack a bit about myself. I’m a grown-ass person with adult responsibilities – full-time job, I show dogs,enjoy my pajama time, and LARP on the weekends. That being said, I still churn out about a post a day (or every two) and I’m looking for a partner that can match around that pace. I’m also looking for a friend. I love chatting or IMing up ideas, plots, and scenarios.

Non-Negotiable Criteria: The Stuff I Need in a RP!

18 +

· This is in regards to my potential partner’s age, not story content.

OCs ONLY

· I am a FANATIC about fandoms! I love taking the base worlds and ideas of pop culture and using them actively in RP. But I’d rather my partner hone their creative edge by coming up with scratch-made characters. I do the same and I’m always down for creating something new!

Detailed / Literate

· Everybody makes spelling errors, mistakes, and literary faux pas. That’s totally acceptable! As far as post length, I will toss out anything from 2 – 8 (or more) paragraphs per post. I am a quality over quantity sort of person, too. Don’t stress on making any sort of minimum length, but still make an effort. Punctuate. Etc.

Doubling

· I’ve found a RP with only two well-rounded characters will burn out quickly. I’d love to find a partner who enjoys creating multiple characters to enrich the story. Usually, I’ll play at least two. Side characters are a fun way to flesh out a plot, am I right?

No God Moding

· I control my characters actions, you control yours. Simple as it sounds, a lot of folks seem to forget the common RP courtesies.

Honesty

· If you don’t like the way the RP is going, or our writing styles don’t complement one another…just say so. If you’ve got your heart set on something other than what we’re doing or want to shift the plot…say so. Or, a notification if you’re going to be away for a few days is nice, too. It’s all about transparency, here, people.

Tolerance

· MxF / MxM / LGBT+ Whatever is welcome! I typically play male characters, but I couldn’t care less what you choose! It makes the character interaction more genuine, that way. Romance is always possible but not necessary!

Tidbits You Ought To Know: Things I Do / Don’t RP!

No Vampires

· Just not my cup of tea. I’m a lover of all things occult, however I just feel vampires have been overdone. I love Anne Rice style vampires, really...just no sparkles. No dating your lunch.

No Modern

· Now, I’ll play in a modern fantasy setting, or something of the like, but I don’t do general slice-of-life RPs. I come here to escape reality and normalcy, not repeat it!

Pre-Set Plots

· What you won’t see on this page is a list of pre-set pairings or plots: werewolf x soccer mom / judo instructor x grocery clerk…or whatnot. :P I want to pick my partner’s brain and cook up an idea we’d both enjoy!

Violence/ Gore

· Sure!

Angst

· Of course!

Weird Pairings

· Absolutely!

‘What’s in it for me?’: What You Get Out Of This

Creativity

· I immensely enjoy listening to other people’s ideas and interests regarding RP. I’m always willing to hear out any and all ideas and add my two cents, as well. I’ll just be a big, rubber nerd-wall to bounce your ideas off of. Or…some more clever comparison.

Common Curtsey

· I do my darndest to alert people when I’m going to be late on a post, or if I’m out of cell-service. I always check my phone, whenever I can. I’m straightforward and will offer my thoughts on ideas and let you know what I don’t like. Adulting!

A Good Ear

· I don’t judge. If you’ve got some weird idea on RP you’ve been sitting on for ages and never gone through with it…bring it on.

Plot Ideas

Keep in mind that the items listed below are very bare-bones plot ideas. Any and all plot creation would be discussed beforehand - after all, we'd have to agree on something we'd both enjoy playing, right?

• Modern/Futuristic Fantasy - This could include a Shadow Run type mood - modern themes just with modern characters. OR. Magical apocalypse, anyone? I'd love to explore the idea of something mystical (and not your typical nuclear fallout) being the cause of the end of the world as we know it, giving rise to a 'fantasy' setting! Unicorns, elves, trolls...you name it.

• Vikings/Pirates - Adventures on the high seas. That whole bag.

Now, I said before that I am a fandom fanatic, right? And that I won’t play canon characters, right? Contradictory? Not quite! I’m rabid about my fandoms, as is any good, self-respecting nerd…but I’d much rather muck around in the worlds of those fandoms, rather than play their characters. So, though I’m not going to play a pre-conceived character, I have ZERO problems with using already created universes and impaling OCs into them. None at all. I actually like it. Below, I’m going to list a few inspirational ideas that I’d love to play around in.

• Mad Max / Post-Nuclear Apocalypse/Dystopia Rising***

• Pre-History/Earth’s Children Series/Clan of the Cave Bear/Horizon: Zero Dawn-ish***

• Hayao Miazaki Universes

• Gotham

And, just for nostalgic kicks – if anything wanted anything original in any of the universes listed below just for the sake of hilarious, light-hearted whimsy…I’d be down. I might be an adult, but I’m not above creating RPs just for kicks. These wouldn't be my first choice...but hey. Fun, yeah?

· My Little Pony: FIM

· Adventure Time

Now that I’ve opened up this can of worms…If anyone is interested in putting their creativity all-in and crafting a unique cast of characters or a wild world…please send me a PM. Tell me about yourself and your interests. I don’t bite. Thanks in advance for reading all of this ridiculousness!

Last edited:
Hello there! ^^

Seeing as romance isn't necessarily required, I was wondering if you'd be interested in throwing something together, possibly within the fantasy genre?

Well, if you have a bit of free time on your hands, would you mind if I shoot you a PM, politeness considered. I have a plot in mind, although it's quite zany, it's actually an experimental idea meant to explore the more uncharted areas of plotlines and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
ProficientlyAwkward said:
· Quintin Tarantino / Alternate Universe Earth
Examples: Germany Victorious in WWII / Colonials Lost the Revolutionary War
Just stopping by to ask, have you heard/read/watch Man in the High Castle? Because if not, I think that is something right up your alley in regards to Germany Victorious in WWII.

*slides in super late* Hiya! Names Iskolde, I'm currently looking for something to fill my boring summer days and I think this would be just perfect. I've been wanting to do a fantasy RP in scratch-made world that I'm still developing. I've got several characters in mind for it, if your interested. Give me a shout when you've got time! :)

Your friend,

Iskolde

Hello there!

I'm relatively late to this aswell, apologies for that, but I would be extremely interested in a fantasy Roleplay. While the setting of it doesn't have to be modern, ( I am pretty open with time periods, one of my favourites being the time of kingdoms and kings and queens.) and more often than not have a lot of free time on my hands. I have a few personalities for characters that are just waiting to be shaped into a master piece.

If you are interested or have enough offers on your hands, please let me know!

Hi!

Just reading through your interest check and I thought I'd pop up a post. I'd be interested in something Mad Max / Post-Nuclear Apocalypse inspired if you still have spots open. Cheers!

[QUOTE="Space Dingo]Just stopping by to ask, have you heard/read/watch Man in the High Castle? Because if not, I think that is something right up your alley in regards to Germany Victorious in WWII.

[/QUOTE]
I have! Though I haven't watched it all, I've started a few episodes and find it very interesting.

Hey there! I've been waiting for someone to be interested in a Hayao Miyazaki rp, and I'm 18 and totally ok with the little romance (vs big romance in a story). Feel free to send me a pm if you're interested!!

Hello. You seem like you'd be an interesting rp partner. I'm getting back into rping after a long bout of general busywork. Right now, I'm totally for getting away from adulting for a while. Mind if we chat?

Hey there!

Everything about this... it's just my cup of tea! I'd be extremely excited to role play with you if you'll have me! Only, I can't start PMs yet since I'm a newbie here. I hope to hear from you soon!

Your ad excited me. I am all about having non canon characters in fandom universes and I love creating things with people. I have no pre established plots and just...you sound awesome. Let me know if you wanna do some plot cooking ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back