• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic An Ambiguous Future..

Are you interested in joining?

• Yes, for sure!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not my type.

• I'm unsure; I still have a few questions!

• Total voters

Kyna

❁ Belles Fleurs ❁

Hello everybody! This idea started off as a 1x1, but over time I pondered how I could branch this out to make it a group roleplay everybody could enjoy. I'm almost done with the forming of the plot and all of that good stuff, so keep checking back for some updates later on! For now, here's the basic synopsis. If you have any questions or are interested, please post them below or PM me at your leisure! I'm open 24/7. Thank you for your interest!

Some basic information before we start:

I'm looking for a moderate-sized group of people, maybe 6-7.

I'd like for the posting to be as literate as possible.

Drama and romance is encouraged, but please keep it PG-13.

Strong language is acceptable.

Please, limit your gory and bloody posts to an infrequent basis, some of us are queasier than others..

Being an active member is a
must!

xx

Kyna

The War In the most general of terms possible, 2066 was a big year of the citizens of earth. The Republic of Americas announced its withdrawal from the arms race that had been going on between themselves and the European Alliances.
The War The arms race that had been brewing for decades. The arms race that led to the Europeans gaining an EMP weapon.

The end of the arms race was devastating for the whole of mankind. The very EMP weapon that had been developed the year before was the one to end everything. In retaliation from the withdrawal, the EMP was was deployed.

However, there was a major flaw on the side of the EA. A silly, and rather obvious flaw that had been sparked by the hasty decision to use the EA's most valuable weapon.

They forgot about the range of the pulse.

Instead of the targeted Republic of Americas, the EMP affected the entire planet.

The Aftermath Cities were in ruins. Planes crashed, trains derailed, and hospitals were left without much needed technology. Security in the 2060's was entirely virtual.. leaving the stockpiles for nuclear weapons, controlled facilities like those containing viruses such as Ebola and Smallpox, banks with the assets of nations, and everything else kept under the lock and key of the internet were suddenly open and free for everybody.. including terrorists. Cities were bombarded, nations fell, and government was left in tatters.

Previously thriving cities were now pillars of smoke and rubble. The very few communities left had to rebuild, and some chose to do it in other ways than expected. Including yours. Instead of working together as a whole, the city of Adalia split itself into sections.

Upper Adalia

Upper Adalia is the largest section, and by far has the most in population.. over half of the original Adalians lie in Upper Adalia. This section works off of a system of modified communism. Everybody gets equal supplies, equal food rationing, and equal living opportunities. Nobody works for their own profit because there is no currency nor is there favoritism expressed by the "government" of Upper Adalia. However, the people of UA do work. Not for themselves, of course, but toward a common goal set by the Upper Adalia Administration (UAA).. peace between the sections. Virtually everybody is employed, starting as soon as the children graduate from secondary school and ending on the person's deathbed. Jobs include ordinancemaking, or the drafting of statements to be issued to the other sectors. Ordinancemaking is a crucial step for those in the UAA working towards coordination with the other sections. Another important role citizens play in the UAA is scientific studying. Being the largest section, Upper Adalia has a large demand for food and water, shelter and as well as medical facilities. With the EMP's effects still in place, people rapidly have to put their minds together to figure out ways to meet the demands of the section. As you can imagine.. they're barely met.. or never met at all. Citizens of the UAA are required to submit a form with their opinions on how to handle situations yearly.. a regulation put in place in search for solutions.

East Adalia

East Adalia is home to the city's former agricultural industry, where the land is rolling and plentiful. You could say that East Adalia is the best in nourishment in the sectors.. but that's just about the only positive. The section is laden with gangs, their missions ranging everywhere from taking out the weak Eastern Adalia government to cutting off the food supply for other sections. The gangs often succeed... causing for some of the biggest conflicts between sectors.

Lower Adalia

The "elite" sort of Adalians. These are the people that made it out of the EMP with prosperity, and fled straight to their summer homes with all of their belongings piled on top of luxurious cars.. they went as far as they could until they ran out of gas.. and now the elite lie in scattered communities across the city. There is no form of government, and no communication between sectors unless it is beneficial to them. East Adalia often raids their homes.. causing for skirmishes that lead to straight-out battles between the two. Upper Adalia refuses to even acknowledge the existence of Lower Adalia, thinking that no communication between them is better than any at all.

Plot Brewing There is a group of people from all three of the sections that go by the name of The Alliance. They work in secret. Their motives are very clear: to take out the sector system, and unite the city as a whole again. Unlike the motive of the Upper Adalia Administration, they aren't seeking an agreement between the three.. instead, a widespread collaboration. No more fights. No more advantages. No more secrets. This small group has spies deployed everywhere: In the offices of the UAA, in the gangs of East Adalia, and in the estates of Lower Adalia.
Plot Brewing

You are part of the Alliance.

You will start the Revolution.

Just a reminder.. I'm open to suggestions on what to edit and such! Feel free to comment any questions~

xx

Kyna

nan0 said:
Reminds me of the tv show 'Revolution'.
In any case I'm interested!
That sounds great, thank you for your interest. If you know of any friends that may like this concept too, please link them! If a few more people display their interest I'll make the thread.

buuuuummmmppppp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back