Amerikia's Character Dump (Mostly fantasy, I think.)

Amerikia1126

Occasionally Active

• 11/4

It's official, Wanderer! This thread is now outdated. Head over here for the new thread.

-America

10/25

Hey there Wanderer! This thread is about to become obsolete. It will remain up, but it will no longer be updated. There will be a link to the new, tidy, has-a-theme thread. But that's not up yet! So anyway, update over. Continue your current browsing session of RpN.

-America

10/31

If a character no longer has a photo, that's because the photo is no longer is no longer on my imgur since i decided to organize things.

10/31

The new thread will not be posted until at least one or two characters are fully updated to my new template. This will take a while, ya know. In case anyone actually cares. :/

Rate one, rate all, rate some, rate none at all.
    Amerikia

Important Notice: If you're here to give feedback, please note the tab(s) you are giving feedback on. You can do one, all, pick and choose, whatever. Feedback is feedback and it is greatly appreciated.

These are in order of creation, more or less.

click the tabs to see each character, they are completed unless their tab states otherwise.

abandoned section is essentially a junkyard of characters that never got a chance to rp, but i keep anyway.

Also, note: some information is only there due to situational reasons. ie. some rps may require sexuality, some may not.

Notice. As of 10/23 - any new cs's will not have ALL info, they will only have the required info for the rp, and maybe more if they don't require that much. also, they will only be updated if i decide to recycle them. also, one of these days i will make this the hub of operations and give each completed/wip/in revision cs it's own thread so they can be critiqued.

edit 1 - 9/26 : changed Jas to universal template, gave her a theme song. Wrapped up Derik with a bow and moved him to finished. Expanded Neri's bio and brushed up a bit of the general section. Major bio expansion for Amy.

edit 2 - 10/7 : massive thread overhaul. category: organization. also, updated Derik to Derik 2.0: Exorcist

edit 3 - 10/9 : (related note: updated cs template. again....) added Dee to the thread.

edit 4 - 10/9 : changed Jas to Abandoned status. set Dee as In Progress.

edit 5 - 10/10 : made abandoned section and moved Jas there. also gave Andy his on cs and started filling it out. And made Dee's full name flow a bit better. Diana Murcott -> Deanne Murcota. Fixed Angie's border. Then I centerblocked everything. Now I should stop, and close this tab.

edit 6 - 10/11 : realized Derik's fears contradicted with his description. changed him to in revision.

edit 7 - 10/12 : added random on the spot rhyme.

edit 8 - 10/22 : added Dean

edit 9 - 10/22 : changed all media codes to url codes due to limits. (probably should make a new post or a new thread. hmm....)

edit 10 - 10/23 : added unfinished Ava to the abandoned section. added big notice to self. catagorized as fantasy, modern, etc.

edit 11 - 10/25 : fixed a typo in Dean's excuse

edit 12 - 10/27 : put up notice

edit 13 - 10/31 : wow, irony. 13 on halloween. heh, anyway. put up the missing pictures notice. put up notice for posting of new thread. updated to do list.

() Finish up Del

() Finish up Andy

() Clean up cs (aka get rid of useless info)

() FINISH THE UNFINISHED OR GET RID OF THEM
Ava Dessen

NAME: Ava Dessen

APPEARANCE: (Explain the appearance of your character. 1-3 paragraphs.)

Ava has relatively pale skin, not unhealthily pale, but just unable to get a tan. She has naturally blondish-brown, straight hair that she decided to die after [iNSERT TRAUMATIC EVENT HERE] to honor her [iNSERT PARENT HERE]... WIP

CASUAL ATTIRE:

Ava generally wears a dark grey beanie on her head, she attempts to put it on the right way, but she doesn't care too much about how she's wearing the beanie, and it just finds its own place on her head. Other than a beanie, she generally wears a light-colored pullover sweater with a dark shirt underneath, and a long, striped scarf that more or less succeed in covering her neck. Then of course she alternates between worn jeans and slightly newer jeans, and a pair of turquoise all-stars, just to break the dark-colored stereotype.

JEWELRY/MARKINGS/SCARS:

Ava doesn't wear any jewelry, unless you count her precious earbuds, which are either in her ears, or hanging around her neck. She doesn't have any noticeable markings, besides a birth mark or two surrounding her left eye, and as for scars? Well, Ava has a sort of "ridge" on the bridge of her nose from falling off the monkey bars face first when she was around six.

bqW1Gfd.png

CHARACTER QUOTE HERE
Ava Dessen

STRENGTHS: (List no more than three, detailed strengths of your character.)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer laoreet interdum molestie. Proin vel placerat lorem, ut vestibulum leo. Mauris pretium, justo quis tincidunt porta, lectus quam sodales nisl, eget pellentesque enim risus et lorem.

WEAKNESSES: (List no more than three, detailed weaknesses of your character.)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer laoreet interdum molestie. Proin vel placerat lorem, ut vestibulum leo. Mauris pretium, justo quis tincidunt porta, lectus quam sodales nisl, eget pellentesque enim risus et lorem.

FEARS: (2+ fears, they don't have to be all big fears. Snakes, spiders, water, fire, death, loneliness. That wonderful stuff.)

Integer nunc lacus, pulvinar in pharetra non, viverra sit amet nisl. Integer accumsan scelerisque nulla at maximus. Quisque eu dui eget lacus pellentesque lobortis eget nec enim. Praesent dapibus nunc augue, et tincidunt felis faucibus vel.

PERSONALITY: (2+ paragraphs detailing your character's personalty. )

Integer nunc lacus, pulvinar in pharetra non, viverra sit amet nisl. Integer accumsan scelerisque nulla at maximus. Quisque eu dui eget lacus pellentesque lobortis eget nec enim. Praesent dapibus nunc augue, et tincidunt felis faucibus vel.

BACKGROUND: (3+ detailing your character's past, including their death.)

WRITING SAMPLE: (Ao No Exorcist)

"Can you take it down?", she said. Of course he could take it down, didn't he just put it up!? Derik grumbled as he reached up to take the failed prank down. Though perhaps this opportunity was still salvageable, with some people still surrounding the door; though others had gotten through. Apparently the motion sensing part of the device wasn't up and running yet. But the sprinkler certainly was, and it was hooked up to the battery, so what would happen if he turned it on?

Derik unhooked the device from its place on the doorframe, and.. dropped it on the ground.
"Shit.." He picked it up and accidentally turned the sprinkler on, not noticing as his ears perked up after hearing a certain question. "Also, since you’re here now Derik… Why don’t you stay for a period?" Gee, he didn't know, do you have to stay if the teacher asks you to? Of course you did, they were a teacher! Denying a teacher was essentially suicide. Or at least they were in Derik's mi- wait, was that the sound of water? He looked down at the device, it was releasing a light mist. This was a fatal flaw in the design; was his plan destined to fail the whole time?

He held the device up to his face to inspect it and the sprinkler started spraying full blast. The water was freezing, as it had been in the freezer for about an hour towards the end of his shift.
"Cold, cold cold!" Derik hit the switch again to turn the device off, and the strong current subsided to the mist, and then stopped once more. His hair was drenched, and the water had soaked the top half of his shirt too.

This day was not going well for Derik; failed prank, soaking wet (not to mention COLD), and embarrassing himself in front of the new recruits. He sighed.
"May as well stay, I guess. There's no need to get Grams worried, again." He went over to the back row, shoving the device in his backpack and bringing out a dirty shirt, beginning to dry his hair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amerikia1126 said:
Power: Human
I call upon the power of Human!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Start Critique..

First of all, I'd like to say how I really like the system you've used for the sheets of information. They're almost like flyers that I could pass out to my friends during a life action roleplay. They're well made, condensed and easy to understand. Well done.

Moving on to the actual content of the first one...

Angie

I'm completely in love with the way the characters sort of quote the information about them. it really adds a personal vibe like the character is actually being described in a more verbal sense. It really sorta establishes how they are as a person and what you can expect them to say. B-Boy's for me, thank you. My god. That's gold though, a tad unnecessary.

I'll go ahead and say this once to apply to the rest of them. The sexuality of the character does not really need to be established unless it is directly connected to an underlying motive or profession of the character. However, for all I know, a character is secretly a transgender which would make for great story but that's beside the point. Overall, the sexuality is unnecessary my opinion, even though it can establish a characters 'open mindedness' , Otherwise.

"So are you essentially telling me that mermaids are real or something?" So far, I'm in love with this character. I'm smiling while reading this and It's so lively to me. Considering she was one of the first characters you created, it is understandable that they would be so well developed.

So far, it's pretty damn good.

_________

Lucy

I'm feeling like I can relate to this character a lot since they seem to be so much like me... Heh... Heh... Um... Anyway. This is wonderful. The system you use for the format is still great. That Misc detail is pretty strong. I like characters that aren't completely Yu-Gi-Oh Hairstyle and Very distinct physical characteristics. Sometimes it's the little things that make a huge character.

"My life story, in a paragraph. I need to be more interesting."

Amy

Damn she is feisty... Being this is the first time I've heard of the Species 'Awakened' I'm interested in her character for that reason.

"Misc Appearance Details: The picture is Amy, before the Awakening. Nowadays, her face is half flesh and half bone. She wears a cloth around her lower face to counteract this. She is also missing part of her torso."

This is pretty crazy. Now that I've read this part, I completely understand the emotions that her character gives off and it's completely justified. This makes her so much more interesting as a character on her own.

Her backstory could use a bit more touching up, though it is very very relateable, i feel that there could be a bit more added to it or maybe even expounded upon. Sometimes people bully for no reason, but maybe there was a reason? What was it? Who was it? Why? Such things like that. This in no way undermines her character however. Even with what it is now, her character is still completely justified.

Neri, Iah

"No one really calls me Iah, though.", I accidentally snorted at this. I don't know what I was expecting. Again, another smile on my face when reading such a creative form of character sheet. However, I do spot a bit of an inconstancy with Iah. While she appears to be somewhat of a celestial being perhaps... this " Sexuality: Heterosexual

"What does that mean?""

Sort of undermines a bit of her character for me, but it is more than possible that she may be lying to the reader, which is a bit of a double-edged sword. I like what I've seen so far and it's more of a minor thing.

Obviously Neri could be explored a bit more. If you've ever read "Orianna Revek". This girl was essentially re-created as a clockwork monster as a weapon. A killing machine. She fulfilled that and so on and so forth. It's great to see the other spectrum of how... it doesn't always go as planned. Though, perhaps we could have more detail about why he needed a fighting machine. Who captured her and what charge was the rescue apart of? This can use a bit of touching up but overall, I like her character. Just feel the need to add a bit more to make the way she is more justified, more than she already is.

Derik

Again, another chuckle at the response to the 'Nickname' segment.

"..."

Oooo. Perhaps there is more underneath the sea? He could be male 100% but this makes for a good interest factor that I'm completely for. Many open doors for this and It makes me a bit excited to know more! Holy **** He is tall..."

I simply love that his motivation of going to school is to sell gossip for money. That's priceless.

Honestly, this kid just has a shit life. I don't blame him for the way he does things. Even though his background/biography was short, it's condensed in such a way that it's actually a fair amount of info.

(To be honest, the last one kinda hurts my eyes cause of the format.)

Forgive me Jasmine Waters...

Final Critic

8.2/10

The only thing stopping me from giving this a completely flawless score is only that I'd be giving ALL of these characters a 10/10 score. However, since they will be scored as a more 'overall' type deal. This is what we will be left with.

Admirable. Every single time I read something about one of these characters, I really got that feeling that a reader should get when trying to understand a character. There are so many factors about this that are done right and the format is completely appealing to the eye. The color pallet for the boarders complimenting the characters is always a nice touch. The arts are all pretty well picked and the sections are all well-condensed into an easy to navigate system. These characters are all unique and special and I've even began to feel a bit of a connection without reading too much into them and that is something that most struggle to accomplish. Each character as a well established Biography that, I really can't complain about in a lot of ways. I also am not taking points off for some characters being slightly (And I mean a small small fraction) less developed than others since it was established that 'A' was created earlier than 'B' and so forth. Though, at the end of the day, I had a fun and engaging read. If anything, I'd say that maybe there could be a hint at how these characters interact if they do. Maybe a 'Friend or Foe' sort of section. The way it is right now, it can only improve from this point. Well done.

- Civetta

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back