• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ambition | RP

"I was a bit busy chasing after a reckless angel and trying not to get killed," He grunted, taking Samuel's hand. The wound was no longer bleeding and his immortal body was healing it faster than mortal, but it still hurt like a bitch. "Wait-," He paused for a moment. One of us.

Surely, Julius assumed this day would come. The very day he wasn't an angel, that he lashed out so hard and let everything he had ever held back out to the point of no return. This, this was just straight up foolish. He didn't get a memorable exit, hell he didn't even know why his Grace was taken. Instead of feeling powerful and free, he felt confused and lost.

"I'm one of you," The words left his lips as he tested what it was like to say and think freely. "Fuck," He cursed, he went to grin but hissed when his wound stung painfully. "Let's go, yeah?" He leaned his body against Samael weakly, still feeling the after affects of being stabbed and having all the angel sucked out of him.

~

Aeliena tried contacting Julius, but when nothing happened frustrated tears slid down her face. Where was he? Or Azazel? Azazel could help with this, right? Or maybe even Lucifer? They could get her away from Gabriel and his words that only dug her into a deeper hole. She felt as if he was here to test her, hell, he probably was. He was pushing her limits, testing what deep down she believed.

"But I'm not Moses, or Noah!" She cried out. "I was a stupid human that fell into Lucifer's line of fire, and because that ruined Father's plan he made me an angel! Which, was a reckless decision. Humans they are, unstable. Their emotions are everywhere and once you get a taste of that freedom to feel there's no going back, and I am sure Father can clearly see that." The words flew freely out.

"I am his test subject! I was his human dumbie to see if humans made good Angels once all of his left him. Even now, he put me here because even if he lost me, however it may happen, the loss would be so insignificant he could send another Angel in the second I was out of his grasp," The frustration, anger, it was overtaking her body as sobs wracked her small frame. She wished for nothing but to be able to unleash what she felt without the heavy guilt that laid on her chest.

No tears. Samael didn’t expect tears, but he noticed their lack all the same as Julius took the hand up and leaned against him. Considering they were hardly close, he still didn’t find the gesture odd. Those who came to Hell were often quick to latch on to another they thought might help them make sense of it. Samael thought them foolish for it, but then, he had been here at the start. He hadn’t needed that sort of assistance; he was making the order.

He chuckled, though, as Julius commanded that they go.

He didn’t go right to Lucifer, but to Baal, as Lucifer had instructed. He set the man up with the simple instructions to watch Hell in their absence, and not leave it. He could send a lesser. They didn’t need another Shemhazai.

Then, Samael returned to the home of the Lilim – but not inside, nor in any way to make it clear what this place was. He kept to the outskirts, and shrugged Julius off. “I’ll see if Lucifer wants to see you,” he noted, “If not, well…you can go do as you like, I suppose.” That’s what they liked to hear. They didn’t like to hear that this was still God’s plan for them.

Samael would leave if allowed, but he was tense, in case Julius thought to try and grab him back or try to take this situation into his own power again. Demetria was probably going to have questions about why Samael was at her front door again.

~***~

“Lucifer has never done anything to ruin Father’s plans, Aeliena. You were no mistake, you are no experiment. Our Father knows the outcome of all,” Gabriel corrected. It wasn’t gentle, but it was not angry or accusatory. It was a tone one may have used with a child to correct the order of the alphabet, if they said that F came before E.

She was angry, of course. Frustrated. This would all fade if only she believed. “God has no need of any of us, either. He has no need of this universe,” Gabriel waved it off dismissively, “We are given the honor of knowing Him, and of living. He has given all of this to us. If he asks us to do something, no matter how difficult it may seem, we ought to do it for all that he has given unto us. Should it lead to your death, what matter? He brought you back once. Do you not believe He could restore you? Make you stronger?”

Gabriel canted his head. “There is no reason to doubt Him, Aeliena. When the end comes, should you join Lucifer, Julius, and the rest, you will not be restored. You will simply fade to oblivion, as if you never were. That is His power, Aeliena."

Julius stared at the cabin. He was here mere hours ago. This was where Lucifer was? In a run down old shack?

Meanwhile, Demetria opened the door, shocked to see Samael and Julius. She hadn't even realized Samael had left, she had got caught up in some mortal book - yet again. "Samael," Her eyebrows furrowed down at the ex-angel, confused. She quickly let them in, shutting the door. She noticed Julius was hurt, blood staining his clothes. She disappeared for a matter of seconds before coming out, her arms full as Julius laid on the couch, clearly in pain.

He was a newly fallen, it wasn't that hard to tell. He no longer had that angelic grace, but now the honor of a fallen. None the less, he was still as attractive as ever. His dirty blonde tresses fell onto his forehead, sticking to his sweating skin. Pain was evident in his bright blue eyes, but he was taking it one step at a time.

As Samael left to get Lucifer, Demetria went to work on his wounds. It was a simple practice she picked up over her lifetime. She enjoyed helping others, loved it even. It made her feel like, even if her mother wasn't putting her to work, she was doing something to benefit someone else.

Julius was shocked to find a gorgeous woman raise his shirt and clean his wounds. He stared at her for a moment, before she spoke.

"I'm a Lilim," She explained, noticing his curiosity. She bandaged the wound, before handing him a cup of tea - something she seemed to do with everyone who walked through her doors. She handed Julius a fresh shirt, which he followed by stripping out of his blood-soaked one and into the clean one, his once angelic body on display.

~
"Julius?" She repeated, staring at Gabriel in confusion. "He-what?" She couldn't contact him because he was no longer an angel. The one person she could go to, was gone. How was she to do this alone? With Thanos lurking in her thoughts and Lucifer to stalk, how on Earth could she do this without messing up?

"I think the end is now, Gabriel," Her voice was suddenly flat, the last tears falling from her eyes as she looked directly at the Angel. "I no longer deserve, nor want, to follow Father," She stated, feeling the guilt raise on her chest. Yet, deep down, she knew this was right. She felt it, she felt all of it. She felt the emotions she had hidden, the opinions she had bottled up, the pain and sorrow wash away from holding it all in.

"Give him my condolences, yeah? Finding an Angel to defeat five Fallen's will be harder than he thinks,"

Samael hadn’t really intended to bring Julius in. He hadn’t meant to teleport so close to the door, but it seemed he had, and before it could be rectified, Demetria was there, opening the door for Julius. He sighed, but didn’t stop the man from entering. Lucifer may be displeased with this, but if that was the case, at least it’d be much easier to kill him now.

He left Julius to Demetria’s care, going back to the rooms. Azazel remained in the hallway, apparently waiting for his return. “What’s going on?”

“Idiocy,” Samael answered, knocking on Lucifer’s door. He waited for her command, and then opened it, finding her with her knees drawn up to her chest, face bowed, and a heavy, warm energy in the room as it seemed to take on a golden light as the Seraph healed herself. “Julius decided to come down to our ranks,” Samael noted, leaning in the doorway. He didn’t dare to approach.

That golden light wasn’t only light. He saw the tendrils in the air, thin and light, but deadly if antagonized. The threads of Lucifer’s being were reworked.

Not all angels could recover their wings. Samael didn’t really question how Lucifer could, when he was fairly certain if he ever lost his, that’d be it. Seraph or not – perhaps it was an Archangel thing. He didn’t know. “He’s also here, wounded, healing up. He kept asking of you like some lovesick schoolgirl.”

“You’d know all about that.” Azazel noted.

“I believe you would – your affairs are with the mortals,” Samael countered, not at all faltering. “Do you want to see him or should I end his misery?”

“Why did he fall?”

“No idea, I don’t think he knows, either. Just one of those abandoned by God. He likely just lost his faith, and so God stopped believing in him, too.” Samael shrugged. It wasn’t some epic showdown. “He claimed it was Dante or Thanos.”

“Dante?”

“Not Aligheri, obviously. I don’t know which one,” he waved it off. Dante was a ridiculously common name. “Well?”

Lucifer didn’t want to see him like this, weakened as she was, too, but she supposed she still had a job as Queen of Hell when it came to the newly fallen. She took a breath and pulled back in, the light fading in the room, scars running down her back and along her neck as the energy was pulled back, the wings not completely healed and so leaving a sign upon the flesh of the form that wasn’t quite her natural one.

Perhaps, she could be normal here, but she didn’t want to show broken wings, either.

She pulled herself to her feet, “You can stay here,” she knew Samael would only antagonize him. She exited the room and the hall, went on towards the sound of noise to try and locate Julius.

~***~

Gabriel gave a single nod at her query. Yes. Julius was among the ranks of the fallen by his own choice. It was always their choice. It was her choice, too, in the end. God had no use for mindless drones, and Gabriel felt little when Aeliena spoke out against them all.

He did not roll his eyes.

“There are many more than five fallen, Aeliena, and God is not afraid of any of them, not even together. He has no need to be.” Something Aeliena either no longer cared about, or doubted. She would learn. “You have the choice.” That could not be taken from her. “If you wish to join Thanos in Hell, that is your choice to make.”

A reminder, of course, of who she would be rejoining. Of the truth of those she was aligning with. Thanos. He would drag her back to him, and she would learn soon enough that Lucifer wouldn’t lift a finger to help.

Hell still had a fairly Darwinian system. Lucifer ruled by ‘might’, and yet claimed that was the only reason God ruled, as if it were not just.

Hell was organized by ‘might’.

“If this is the end, I suppose your pain alongside Thanos may end soon, once you have been obliterated with the rest of Hell.” Despite all his words, he never made a move to strike, to stop, or harm her. Nor did he make any gestures of comfort.

By the time Julius' tired, drained eyes rested on Lucifer, Demetria was leaving the room, giving both space and privacy. She assumed Lucifer wouldn't appreciate anyone hovering, anyways.

As she walked to her room, she back tracked for a moment, looking at the two males. "Julius was one of two sent to stop Lucifer, no?" She questioned, her eyebrows furrowed deeply. She had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, and something was telling her it had to do with the angel Julius left behind. Hell, if Julius was steps away from being a fallen, the girl had to be close.

"My father, he passed down this feeling to me," She simply explained. "I can feel when people are in trouble, or in need," Her hand rested on her chest, the pain Aeliena was feeling was mimicked in herself, as if she was put into Aeliena's shoes. "Whether you two care about the girl or not, someone should have some type of eyes on her," She simply shrugged. The angel was a liability, in the end. She could be used to track down Julius, which would expose everyone else. The last thing Demetria wanted was for anyone to get hurt. It wasn't of her nature to not care for others.

Exiting the room, she entered her bedroom. It was a magical escape, vines growing across the walls with gorgeous flowers. in the middle was a canopy bed, her sheets perfectly made. She made her way to the windowsill, her eyes crossing the snowy forest. Her heart was still beating as if it was Aeliena's. As much as the Fallen's fascinated Demetria, she had a soft spot for angels. Possibly it was because she knew her father was one, and admiring from afar made her feel closer to him, in some weird way. None the less, Demetria was caring despite being powerful and alluring. Her mother hated it, it got in the way of things, even if Demetria could shut it out at times.

~

When Aeliena spoke to Azazel of falling, he never mentioned she would be with Thanos. Her face twisting, she stared at Gabriel for a long moment. Julius would try and get her out, right? A part of her wondered if maybe, just maybe, things would be different with Thanos if she became a Fallen, if she was by his side again. Maybe he would realize something, something he never was allowed to realize as an angel.

Yet, the dark thoughts he forced to invade her mind brought chills down her spine. She thought about Julius. About Azazel. Hell, even Samael and Lucifer. She wanted to help them, she wanted to do something, but joining Thanos wasn't the something she was looking for.

Her mind tried contacting anyone. She couldn't reach a single person, as if she was in limbo. Not quite an angel, but not quite fallen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back