• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ambition | RP

Of course the Father didn’t tell Julius anything, that was no surprise, he was often tight-lipped. Another reason Lucifer doubted Him, and whether He truly did know as much as He claimed. Or if it was all a lie. If it wasn’t a lie, then He was just cruel, just evil, and Lucifer still did not regret the decision to turn.

Even if Lucifer still wanted to understand why, then, the Father made her this way.

Just to show people how foolish it was to question?

Julius was on the verge. He wasn’t subtle about it, but he never had been. He’d been to the edge before, and never fallen. Lucifer knew better than to get her hopes up. “Of course you believe that, Julius,” she reached out, stepping forward in the process, to cup his chin, “I’m sure you believed that all those years ago, and meant every word of it, before I fell. You’d do anything, until it risks your grace.”

The words were said sweetly, even if they were not sweet. She let go of his chin, “You may have access to the Father, to Michael, to everyone up there, but it’d be taken from you the moment you tried to help me. You’d lose your grace and everything that comes with it. Not that I’d mind your fall, but you may, or your friend, Aeliena.”

~***~

Yet, all the angels did, Azazel recalled. Well, not Lucifer, she was fallen before him, but angels like Julius, Michael, and others. Occasionally they helped a ‘genius’ and took the credit for the human’s achievements, but that was only ever one. They never tried to advance the civilization as a whole.

What did Da Vinci do besides make art? Tesla had been more significant than Einstein.

Humans had needed fire back then, simple things.

He was glad to hear that Aeliena thought she would help. Admitting it was close to a fall, though he couldn’t put it to the test. When she asked of Julius, he shook his head. He had let his mirror deteriorate back to ice. “No, but I can find him.” He approached the sliding glass door, and exhaled his breath on it. With a finger, he drew a circle, creating the mirror’s face as he spoke once more in Enochian, speaking Julius’s name in that old language.

Again, the glass would ripple, and again, it would come to show Julius, now with Lucifer.

The graze of her soft skin sent shocks through his own. He held himself back from completely rebelling right then and there. She had that talent, to push you to your limits with a simple touch. Or at least for Julius, anyways.

"But what if helping you is apart of my plan?" He questioned. "All you know is that I am spying on you. Obviously, to gain information to Father, to fill in the gaps even He does not know," He looked down at her with a stern expression. "You could take my help or abandon it, it's up to you,"

Julius took a step back from her, feeling gentle flakes of snow fall around them. "I think we both know Aeliena is closer to falling than I ever have been," He said under his breath, before his long legs carried him away from Lucifer, following the streets to where the hotel would be. Hopefully Aeliena would be there, and he could describe his master plan to her.

~

Aeliena stood beside Azazel in awe, possibly too close but her curiosity got the best of her. As their shoulders brushed she watched the mirror, tilting her head to try and get an understanding on it. The foreign language was something she had never heard, and within seconds there was Julius standing with Lucifer, her hand on his chin.

"He is an idiot," She stated bluntly, watching the two converse. As she watched, her eyebrows furrowed. There was something pulling Julius to Lucifer, she could see it. Was it the need to fall? Or maybe even an attraction to the female? Lucifer was perfect in every sense of the word, what male wouldn't be attracted to her?

Yet, it was a sin to fall for anyone. Whether it was for a mortal, a demon, even an angel. Your love was to be protected to Father, and no one else. Aeliena had somehow bypassed that rule, and was a walking example even God himself didn't follow his own rules.

Her gaze shifted over Azazel, taking in his features. His fiery hair, freckles that danced over his pale skin like constellations, sharp features. The man who stood beside her was proof that Father didn't appreciate anyone that felt love for someone other than him. It sounded rather childish, Aeliena realized. None the less, Azazel understood the ache she felt in her chest when it came to Thanos, how his out casting ruined her and changed her into a completely different angel.

After realizing she was staring, she tore her gaze away and moved to sit on the bed, worn out from everything. "Mortals have it so easy," She said, "I mean, despite their suffering, they still have it rather easy,"

Attraction was an easy sin. Lust. It would not have been hard to pull Julius down that way, but Lucifer didn't want only his body to sin. She wanted his mind. It was what kept her from damning Michael all the same. If he killed her in a fit out rage, then she never won his mind, only his heart. It wasn't enough, not a complete victory, and Julius said as much.

No matter how close he got, he never tumbled over the edge. 'That is why I cannot trust you and why I must forsake you, Julius.' He was with his Father in his heart, in his mind. His voiced doubts were a lie. Lying should be a sin, yet it seemed not to be fall worthy.

How Lucifer did detest lies.

She had no desire to follow Julius but turned from him, throwing out her thoughts again. 'Azazel. Return.'

She didn't hear a response, but she felt the begrudging emotions. She reached for Samael as well. Elia would be leaving in a plane, but they could leave at any time. Samael would have the next stop. Likely another Lilim to check in with, or perhaps they could see Uriel. Lucifer was almost tempted to go back to Julius and have him get Michael, just for the fight.

Unfortunately she was not yet that suicidal. Pity for her anger that bit at her insides and demanded release.

~***~

It didn't really surprise Azazel that Julius looked caught up. The only surprise was that he tore himself away. Azazel would give him credit for that. Lucifer was sin incarnate. Difficult to turn away from once engaged, unless you were Gabriel. Even Michael had his struggles, though wrath more than lust. He didn't argue with the statement. Julius was being foolish, even if he could pull himself away.

He felt the burning look on himself as he watched the mirror, eventually closing it down by wiping away the condensation. He made an effort not to look towards her in those moments.

Eventually she did pull her own gaze away, as his cheeks heated and he had no distraction from the look. He was relieved a bit, even if he wondered what it was she was searching for in him. Or saw. Maybe it was innocent.

He chuckled a bit at her statement. "Well, you're the only one of us who knows. I've never been mortal, I have no idea who has it easier." He figured he did, but couldn't say definitively. He was going to say more, but a pain in the back of his head caused him to wince. Lucifer's voice commanded and he sighed, brushed a hand at the back of his head as if he could massage or away. "I'm afraid I've got to go though. I'm sure I'll see you around soon enough."

With that, he turned to the door he'd entered in through. He paused a moment, hand on the handle, and added. "And don't worry. Lucy isn't about to let Thanos free any time soon." With that her pulled the door open, and left.

Julius returned to the hotel, just after Azazel had left. Aeliena still sat on the bed, watching the snow fall out the patio window. Julius had to admit, winter was oddly beautiful. For something that could be so painfully cold, it screamed innocence and purity. Just as humans were. When he walked through the door and shut it, Aeliena's eyes were on her. He noticed the broken lamp and almost laughed. "Fought a ghost?"

Aeliena nearly cringed, but sat up higher with a sigh. "Just going crazy, is all." She admitted, to which Julius laughed.

"I feel the same way, but I'd have to blame Lucifer for that." He took a seat on the desk chair, leaning back with a sigh. "I offered her my help. She declined, which is smart for her to do. She is looking for something, apparently. I just don't know what,"

Aeliena rose from the bed, shrugging. "Obviously something to give her more power," She stretched her arms over her head, thinking about it. "There are a lot of things that could give her more power. Wiping out Earth, getting the first angels to switch, creating an army, finding the garden of eden," she listed off, running her hand through her pale hair.

"Hm," Julius hummed in deep though. "The only thing she would really have to search for is the garden," He trailed off before he locked eyes with the small angel.

"Lucifer is trying to get into the garden."

Samael didn't return alone. Wrapped in his white aura, the threads of unformed wings danced under the lights, catching and twisting them to show rainbows along the energy. He wasn't transitioning back fully.

"There has been a disturbance from Thanos." A woman of lavender hair in a teal robe spoke, head bowed, eyes covered. Azazel's ally in his fall, Shemhazai, had been punished more severely for revealing the Father's true name to a mortal. Her eyes were lost, and for an Ophanim, that was like death. She could no longer see ahead to the future, no longer see beyond to the threads of fate in each moment, as Samael called it.

Shemhazai had learned to hear, though.

"No surprise." Azazel stated, turning two heads. Shemhazai did not look. "Aeliena seems haunted. I wasn't sure what to make of it."

"I told you to kill him."

"You tell me many things, Samael." Lucifer dismissed it. "If I listened, you'd never have the pleasure of telling me so. He is no concern of ours, no matter. He may do is a favor and slow them down. As it is, we have a need to split up." Divide and conquer. God sent only two. Lucifer had more. "Samael has a lead on Lilith. Azazel, I want you with him."

"Where are you going?" Azazel asked.

"Shemhazai was speaking of the garden being beyond the gates of horn. I'm going there." The dreamscape. Not her favorite place, especially not hunting down the gates of horn, but if it was an entrance she could go through, it was worth investigating. Easier than going through Uriel. Maybe.

The dreamscape wasn't easy to traverse, which was exactly why Samael and Azazel weren't going. "I'll meet up with you when I return."

"Where are we going? Azazel asked Samael, sighing a bit with the realization he was stuck with him.

"Hand." Samael said, reaching for it. "I won't make you break form." Transitioning back was painful. He could teleport Azazel with him. "We have to travel a bit to find this Lilim."

Azazel gave a hesitant nod and took the hand, only to wince at tiger surge of power that surrounded both, the white energy enfolding them in what looked like an implosion, as the six wings wrapped around both, leaving feathers and ripped clothe behind as Samael left.

Car alarms went off. There was a deep hole in the ground. No doubt, Aeliena and Julius would feel it.

Lucifer then smiled to Shemhazai. "Take care." And then she shut her own eyes. The golden bracelets around either wrist lit up, and her form shifted a bit. Skin took on a glow, and those wings tried to appear, but golden threads were entangled in the white, slowly appearing as chains. The bracelets, shackles.

And they broke. The divine metal fell and the wings manifested.

"Be careful." For many would sense that. Lucifer had played at keeping bound in some ways, being weaker, to keep attention off of her.

Lucifer gave a smirk, before she let those white wings, dripping in ichor from three chains, fold around her, leaving earth behind.

She has suspected they were coming before they left. Who else to go to when finding Lilith than a Lilim? She had been warned this would happen, she had to be prepared for the worst, and ready for the best. She wasn't fearful of what may happen, the chances of them attempting to end her life was short when she was one of few who could get into contact with Lilith. It was a blessing and a curse.

Her long, dark chestnut brown locks of hair fell down her back in wavy curls. Her pale skin glistened against the winter snow. Despite wearing nothing but a flowing dress, the temperature barely pricked her powerful, thick skin. Besides, she enjoyed the winter season. It was entertaining to watch mortals fuss over small things. Who bought the turkey for dinner? Do I have enough presents? Wheres the wrapping paper? It was rather amusing to see, when they had very little idea what was going on beyond their eyes.

Demetria had lived for centuries, alongside Lilith. She was beautiful, in every sense of the world. Her father being an angel only added fuel to her ever growing fire. Long, dark tresses framed her sharp features, beauty marks and freckles dancing along her muted skin. Some many find her beauty useless, but it captivated those who couldn't control themselves. It weeded out the weak, only presenting her with the strongest of immortals. Much like working with Lilith, it was a blessing and a curse. Many looked as her as an object, as a little follower of Lilith's who sat on her high and mighty throne just to look pretty. She was anything but. She was powerful, strong, yet gentle and caring all at the same time. Not just anyone could do Lilith's dirty work, she prided herself in how she executed her duties, Lilith was never disappointed in Demetria's work.

A vast, frozen lake was present in front of her as she stared off into the distance. Her features were stoic, emotions hidden behind her strong features. Her white, dress flowed behind her with the gentle wind, the cool air calming her body. She noticed the two behind her before they arrived, she remained still before her voice broke through the wind like a hot knife.

"Samuel," She greeted. "I've been expecting you. You brought a friend, care to introduce me?"

~

When the ground shook, Julius rose and cursed under his breath. "They are on the move," He stated. "We need to split up," He thought for a short moment. "Find what you can on where the Garden is, surely Father will have left something on Earth behind," He nodded towards her. Before Aeliena could question his motives he was running out of the room, following where he felt the ground shift.

When he arrived the street was empty, a crater left in the ground where he only assumed someone had teleported on. Damn it. How was he supposed to follow any of them now?

After being left behind, Aeliena ventured out into the cold streets. The sun was far from set, a now dark and eerie glow was cast upon the city. The only light flickered from street lamps, making the snow on the ground glow. Her legs carried her, her hand gripping the piece of paper that had fallen on her while in the bath. If he could magically make a note appear, he could magically give her hints on where to find the Garden. Yet, who would know where it is? There had to be some angel she could get in contact with to track down the Garden before Lucifer found it.

The Lilim could be beautiful or monstrous, often depending on the father. Samael thought his own were gorgeous, but he had always been biased. Demetria was one with an angelic father, the sort they had to be careful around. Sometimes their mixed blood didn't pay off well. Some couldn't contain it.

"Demetria," Samael greeted with a smile, not minding the accented way she spoke his name. Plenty mispronounced it as Samuel, he was used to it. "This is Azazel, one of Lucifer's assistants and the leader of the second rebellion." He introduced. "Azazel, this is Demetria, daughter of Lilith. I do apologize for the short notice, but you know what they say - no rest for the wicked."

Azazel gave a polite inclination of his head, taking in the freckled one more easily than he did Aeliena, he didn't feel that same tension, that vulnerability of Aeliena didn't radiate off of her. It let him ignore any attraction he may have otherwise felt, as he did in Lucifer's presence as well. Beauty was easy to have among their kind. Vulnerability wad different, why he liked humans.

The lack of rest was too true in their case. One hesitation and they would be caught. "May we come in?" Samael asked, not planning to intrude or threaten. Lilith wouldn't let him last long unscathed if he harmed any of her children, no matter how estranged.

He started to pull inwards. White wings began to pull apart and the glow left his eyes. He needed to seem like he belonged again and mask his presence.

~***~

Shemhazai had not teleported before she heard the rush of steps near the area. She was not shifted into a human guise, but that changed quickly as she drew in. If she tried to teleport she would be noticed and possibly stopped. She may still be noticed this way but her odds were better.

The teal robe was worn as a dress. The hair was still lavender, and she undid the binding over her eyes, but kept them closed. The cracked white orbs disturbed others.

She took a path to avoid Julius, not sensing the other angel as well. They were unfamiliar. 'I should have brought a hound.' she didn't plan to spend any time in a disguise, though.

Nor to cross paths with angels.

Or run into one.

~***~

"Ow."

It was a sarcastic whine as Lucifer appeared in the dreamscape, in the ruined wastes of a dream of lemon drop rains and marshmallow clouds. Dreams died. This one was dying, but Lucifer knew how to get to it. Problem was, she had definitely been felt arriving.

Dream was not a realm she had dominion over. Gabriel did, and while her didn't appear before her, he knew. That was obvious in the ruin of feathers that surrounded where she rose from and the golden ichor that drenched the white dress. Dream was tricky, for those not dreaming. "That wasn't very polite, Gabriel, you could have told me."

Right.

Lucifer dusted herself off and walked to the bridge out of the ruins of a dying dream, once full of marshmallow clouds and lemon drop rains. A child's delight. Gone and dying like so many other realms created by dreamers. The bridge attached it to the rest of dreaming, the living dreams. Traversing them was necessary to get to the gates.

Pity the path was always difficult. Every dreamer made new dreams, altering it every second.

"I'd only assume Lucifer isn't giving very much time to rest. With the rumors of a final war, she must be on her toes preparing," Demetria quirked a perfect brow up at the pair. She always enjoyed angels, maybe because her own father was an angel. She never met him, which is why she found angels so fascinating. They radiated purity. Unlike these two, she knew they were anything but pure.

Tucking a long strand behind her ear, she gave Azazel a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you, Azazel,"

"Of course, I am sure you have plenty of questions," She turned on her heal, her bare feet melting the snow below her as she walked. Beside the lake was a cabin, enchanted with about a thousand spells to ward off mortals. To an immortal, it was nothing but a small cabin. When Demetria opened the door, a luxurious adobe was open before them. Everything sparkled, magic seeping out of the pores of the house.

"It was my mothers gift to me, for staying on Earth for so long. It makes it a little less boring here, wouldn't you think?" Her curvaceous hips swayed as she walked through her home, leading the two into her kitchen where tea was already boiling on the marble stove. "Tea?" She asked them gently. "Don't worry, I have very few plans to poison you," She lightly joked, pulling out three mugs for all of them.

"Now, what can I do for you?" She asked the pair as she began pouring the tea that smelt of green tea and roses. "I presume you need assistance from my mother?"

~

Julius looked around, examining the crater. Samael must have left this. It screamed Samael, to anyone who was familiar with the male. He was a tad bit reckless at times, but it added to his never ending charm.

With that, he followed where he felt the strongest aura. The further he walked the colder he felt the air change. Soon he was following a path through a forest filled with leafless trees. He always found how seasons change to be so spectacular. The science and reasoning behind why the leaves fall, why leaves are even there in the first place always baffled him. He had to hand it to humans, their grasp on what their world was and what it did was magnificent. Surely, something angels could have done in a heartbeat but their dedication was admirable.

Still, humans made shitty angels.

Aeliena could attest to that, as she walked to the only place she could possibly think to look - a library. That was where humans stored their knowledge, right? Or did they aimlessly post it on the internet for everyone to see? As smart as humans could be, their ideas were down right stupid. Aeliena might be in the mindset of someone who lived a perfect live without modern technology, but sometimes books had far more answers than any post online would.

As she entered the library, it gave off a certain aura she couldn't explain. All along the walls pictures of Christ and other religious symbols decorated the place. Perfect. This place had to have something on the Garden of Eden, right?

Many immortals that lived on Earth disguised as mortals wrote literature for those immortals searching for it. Whether it was a fictitious book or every article of Father claiming he loved his children, it was out in the world somehow. You just needed to know how to find it.

Aeliena walked past rows and rows, trying to find the older literature. She wasn't looking for the newest books. No, the answer would have to be in the oldest, or at least a clue for the answer.

‘Final war, eh?’ That was the rumor going around then. Well, Samael supposed it made sense. It was likely the direction that she was going, in the end. Everything they did was building to the final war. It wasn’t too soon, no…they wanted to do it before God was prepared. ‘As if He would ever not be prepared.’

Samael had accepted his death.

“No, Lucifer isn’t making it easy. I’m sorry she could not come, she wanted to tend to other matters. I’m sure she’ll come to visit another day,” Samael offered as they stepped into the home. It was indeed, nice, but then again, everything was nice compared to Hell. He gave an appreciative smile to the place, a nod.

“It is nice.” Azazel agreed, “Your mother was generous,” he knew little of Lilith, personally, but ‘generous’ was not what he ever heard of her. Though, he supposed, a mother always wanted what was best for their children. The magic was obvious though, and he could appreciate the spells.

They came into the kitchen with the scent of tea, and Samael slid into a seat, chuckling a bit, “Have you forgotten what my name means?” He was amused by the joke of poison – his own name meant ‘Poison of God’. Rather fitting. God always knew.

Azazel just rolled his eyes at Samael’s comment, and took his own seat as well, “Thank you,” he said as he took a cup for himself. Samael did, as well. “We do need your mother’s help.”

“Or yours. We’re just looking for a way into Eden.” Samael told her, “Lucy’s gone to investigate the Dreamscape route, through the Gate of Horn, but I think you know even the path of truth isn’t always useful.” Prophecies and such came through the Gate of Horn, truths, and so truths were found there, but that didn’t mean it was always useful. “If you can assist, there’s no need to disturb Lilith, but if you do not know, then I would appreciate an audience with your mother.” Even if she may not want to see him. Samael wasn’t sure if they were on good terms or not right then. Their relationship was always a rollercoaster.

~***~

Shemhazai threw her hands out and tried to step back, but her wrists were grasped before she could pull away. “Shemhazai.” The low voice was only too familiar. Her former boss. Gabriel. He had blinded her all those years ago, and she was not surprised she hadn’t sensed his presence. Gabriel was the messenger, but also the leader of the Ophanim.

Secrets.

If he didn’t want to be noticed, he wouldn’t be. “Gabriel.” Her voice came as a whisper, always, and there was a quiet acceptance in it.

She knew what this meant. She had always known this day would come, and she had not the will to fight it. “What is Lucifer seeking in the Dreamscape?” Gabriel asked her. Lucifer wasn’t about to talk, not about anything important.

Shemhazai was silent.

“I thought as much.” Before Shemhazai could react, she was pulled into the Dreamscape with Gabriel, into her own mind, into her own dreams, a shattered kalediscope of secrets and thoughts, as broken as her eyes, but Gabriel was able to understand them and weave through it with just a wave of his hand.

He never let Shemhazai go all the while he pulled at her dreams, until he stumbled upon the relevant one.

Lucifer, with a golden apple. Eden. “Ah.” That made enough sense. “Thank you.”

Everything broke apart.

The dreams shattered.

The thoughts ended.

White ichor dripped from where Gabriel plunged his fist through her unprotected chest, and Shemhazai collapsed forward.

~***~

Bridge after bridge. Dream after dream, step after step, Lucifer walked through the Dreamscape and through the dreams of mortals until she was able to find the path that led her to one of the eternal points of the Dreamscape – Fiddler’s Dream. “Finally,” she breathed out, stepping upon familiar ground with relief.

“With keys to the cage, and the devil to pay
We lay to Fiddler’s Green!"

Many dreamers were there, but there was always one constant, and Lucifer approached the child, dropping to her knees when she came to him. He was one of the mysteries of the world to her – a rarity, that.

She didn’t know what he was. Dream. Divinity. She only knew he was always here. “Chesterton,” she spoke to him and he smiled, head canting slightly.

“You don’t look so good, Lucy.”

‘Fuck you, kid.’ She just smirked, “The Gates of Ivory and Horn. What path will take me there from here?” Changing – always changing.

“You shouldn’t go. Your brother knows you’re here. He will expect you there.”

“Gabriel is nothing to me.”

“The scales are not in your favor.”

“Tell me, Chesterton.”

He sighed, but he pointed, “The stepstones will take you.”

Lucifer gave a simple nod, and pulled herself back to her feet, and started to walk. The stepstones crossed water. The stepstones became a beach, that became a desert, that became a tundra, but Chesterton was at least right – they did lead to the Gates of Ivory and Horn.

"I'm sure she will, once upon a time we were quite close," She loosely said, leaning over the counter to listen to Samael talk. He had a confident voice, she noted. He wasn't trying to impress, either. It was just who he was. She had heard rumors about him. He was apparently...different than most you would meet. He spiked her interest, to say the least.

Standing up straighter at the mention of Eden, she tilted her head at the two. "Eden?" She was a bit shocked, though she should have expected it. "What does dear, old Lucy want from Eden?" She took a deep breath, there were many ways to get into Eden, depending on who exactly you went to. Not just anyone could get in, either. It was almost like an exclusive club. Demetria herself didn't have direct access, but being one of the daughters of Lilith, there were always loop holes.

"I suppose it depends on your intent, what you will use the garden for," She shrugged. "I'm not going to sell out my secrets just to have my back stabbed, or have nothing given to me in return. You have to understand, those who know how to get into the garden know it for a reason," She stated. The female was curious though, she had always wondered what the garden was like. How long had it been since she had gotten up to any mischief? A couple thousand years? Surely, her mother wouldn't mind. "What is in it for me, Samael?" She put proper emphasis on his proper name, almost teasing him in a way. "Lucifer didn't expect me to be calling my mother in an instant, or offering my vast knowledge, did she? What you are asking is almost unspeakable."

~~

Aeliena scoured through books, scrolls, everything. Something so special, so secretive had to been hidden deep within the words. Her eyes landed upon a single sentence. "The Lilim know more than we expect," She dueled on it, before she was quickly out the front doors of the library, trying her hardest to mink-link Julius. It had been more than a thousand years since she had to do so, surely it was still in her.

"Julius, can you hear me?"

Stopping in the middle of a snowy path, he looked around, before realizing Aeliena had mind-linked him. Odd. Actually using her powers. Very unlike her. "I'm here, what's wrong?"

"I think I might just know who to go to," She thought to him as she quickly walked through the cold streets. "Demetria. One of Lilith's daughters, she lives on Earth, last I heard,"

Julius nearly face palmed. Even he could have realized that.

"I know what you are thinking, its dead obvious. But is it? Demetria isn't going to hand over the answer to anyone, but still," Her thoughts trailed off. "Where are you?"

Continuing on with his walking, he sighed. "Following an aura, I can't pick up whose it is, do you know where Demetria lives?"

Her eyes scanned over the book again, not seeing any other details. "Not a clue, for all we know she could live in a different country," Flipping the book closed, she took a sharp corner, walking down a back alley. "Somewhere hidden, that's for su-"

A dark shadow walked out from the alley, chuckling deeply when it laid it's eyes on Aeliena. Her head suddenly throbbed, as if her brain was being overworked.

"Aeliena, we meet again," Thanos slickly said, looking down at the small angel.

When Julius heard nothing from Aeliena, he groaned. "Aeliena, you there?" She must have zoned out, or something. He continued walking, finding a frozen lake and a run down cabin, footsteps in the snow following towards it.

Aeliena sharply glared at Thanos, taking a step back. "Thanos," She greeted, balling her fists. "What do I owe you the pleasure?"

Thanos stalked closer, until her back hit a concrete wall. "I have heard you are looking for answers," He said, his lips dangerously close to her ear. "More specifically, how to get into the Garden of Eden," He pulled back, but used his hand to keep her back pressed against the wall.

As a head-splitting headache began, Aeliena ignored it and glared at Thanos. "What does it matter to you? You aren't even real,"

"I am more than real, Aeliena. Even you are smart enough to know that. You are just scared no one will believe. Even poor Azazel looked a little nervous when he asked, didn't he? Everyone is just too scared to hurt the falling angel," His scorched fingers traced her cheek bone, a wicked grin pulling over his lips. "It matters because if little Lucy can take over, I might just be free again," He hissed over her ear.

Aeliena felt her head pound, what was going on. "Even Lucifer should be able to see you don't deserve freedom," She said, trying to push him away, the pounding in her head only increased, and Thanos visibly weakened.

"You're just butt hurt I didn't stay and spend my entire life loving you. Who would ever want that, Aeliena? To love something so broken, that God himself doesn't even try?" He hissed the words out, as if it pained him to say it.

Her eyes shut, not allowing herself to look into his eyes as he spat words at her. They didn't mean anything, she kept telling herself. He was trying to hurt her, trying to weaken her. As her patience thinned, her small arms threw the male off of her. His entire body disappeared, just like the previous time. Her headache was gone and power surged through her. What just happened?

The intent was obvious to Samael, and he imagined it was obvious to Demetria. “I’m not the one who makes deals, that’s Lucifer.” He reminded with a slight chuckle, and technically, Lucifer had never gone back on a deal. She was honest to a fault, avoided lies wherever possible by simply not telling people things. “You don’t want to be remembered?” He teased a bit, “God has forsaken your kind, given the earth to the sinful humans who ate of the apple.”

No, she wasn’t one of the vengeful Lilims. He knew those. He usually stepped more cautiously around them. “What do you want, Demetria? If it is within our power, I’m sure we’ll help. If it isn’t, well…your family isn’t small, is it?” And he could follow the links of them. He could go to his own children and ask, to plenty of others.

Eventually, he might find the path right to Lilith, or to a Lilim who could help. “Which reminds me, we do already have Elia assisting,” he cocked his head, letting that grin cut across his lips. That unwavering confidence. “She is going to the front gate, to tell us the spell in it that would obliterate Lucifer if she tried to step through it. Azazel should be able to deactivate it.” He gestured casually to the red-head, who preened at the compliment. “The only complication would be Uriel, but that would be no trouble.”

Some trouble, but not for three of them. Two, really, with Azazel potentially distracted by the gate.

“So, what is it you’re wanting that I’ll be willing to give to save a few days worth of time and a fight?”

~***~

Gabriel’s hands dripped white.

At his feet was a mess of lavender hair and teal robes, a sight that Lucifer was not pleased to see as she came to the gates, glancing down at the dead Shemhazai before lifting her gaze to Gabriel, the angel of the black wings. Wing color was never sign of purity, though Gabriel was still one of the few with black. Even Michael had a resplendent white set.

Lucifer wanted to lash out for it, but she did not. She continued walking after a moment’s assessment, to the Gate of Horn, through it, “Lucifer.”

“Last I knew, Gabriel, I was not barred from the Dreamscape. I am not breaking His commands. Everyone is allowed to dream.”

“To dream, yes,” Gabriel acknowledged, walking under the gate as well. “You are awake, and here in form.”

“Is that wrong?”

“I know what you’re doing here.”

“I’ve no doubts. Shemhazai showed you.” Gabriel fell in pace with Lucifer, “Wrath isn’t your style, Gabriel.”

“It was not Wrath. It was His command.”

“And yet He still hasn’t asked me dead. Strange. Or are you about to kill me?”

“No.” Gabriel wasn’t allowed that. The scenery did shift around them, “There’s no need,” the path to their sought truth built itself before them, the garden in the desert forming before them, but Lucifer paused.

“…it’s a mirage.”

Gabriel gave a simple nod.

Lucifer rounded on Gabriel, “How can there be a mirage through the Gates of Horn?”

Gabriel was hardly impressed with the outburst. “This is the truth of Eden in the Dreamscape. A fool’s hope and naught else. It manifests as just that. Something unattainable.”

Honestly, Lucifer hatred Gabriel and his stoicism. There was no getting under his skin, and right then, that was what Lucifer wanted. He killed Shemhazai without a thought. He spoke of the crushing defeat of the mirage without a thought, and went on to add, “The fruit won’t help you, Lucifer. It will not make you omnipotent, nor more immortal than you already are.”

“Bullshit.” It was meant for humans, when they were already immortal. Why wouldn’t it work for her? Why wouldn’t it make her more? “How do I get to it, Gabriel? If it is so pointless, how do I get there?”

Gabriel just shook his head. “Go back to your Hell, Lucifer.”

Lucifer did not want to go back to her Hell. Lucifer wanted to murder an angel, but she wasn’t given the chance. A dimensional rift opened under her before she could move, opened by Gabriel, and Lucifer dropped through it, back into her Hell.

Without wings…travel was difficult. No more teleportation. Lucifer let out a groan and shut her eyes. She could focus on healing, but she really didn’t have the time.

‘Samael.’

"Everyone wants to be remembered," She shrugged her shoulders. "Even Julius, who has seemed to have joined us," Her vibrant green eyes shifted to the window, where Julius stood, inspecting the area. "Your Father has sent someone to spy on you, has he?" She questioned.

Samael was good at convincing her, he had that. She didn't need convincing, anyways. She already had her answer before he even asked. "I will assist you if," She paused for a brief moment. "I can come with," It was a simple request, yet Demetria knew Lucifer far too well. She didn't trust easily, even if it was someone she was once close with like Demetria. They had no idea what her intentions were, despite there not being any. She simply wanted to tag along, to see the garden for herself. If she was going to give them the answer, she had to see it for herself, didn't she?

"And, I would like to speak with Lucifer herself before anything else," She added. "Even she must know the hidden dangers,"

~

Aeliena was shaking. How was Thanos capable of doing that? Last she checked, telepathy didn't exactly work in hell. Had he not been stripped of his powers? Thanos was dangerous. Far too dangerous to be allowed such things.

Taking a sharp breath, Aeliena had to find Lucifer. Though she didn't want to, she needed answers. Where would Lucifer be now? Probably finding answers on how exactly to get to the garden. Walking through the alley and back onto the street, she clenched her eyes and tried to feeling everyone around her. She felt a tug to go left, and began moving.

What she was doing wasn't apart of anyone's plan, but Lucifer needed to know. Thanos had plans, ones she didn't exactly know of, but he had them. No one heard the full story of what happened the day he was vanished, no one knew what happened beyond that the eyes of who was there saw. It was time someone knew what he was truly able to do. Aeliena didn't exactly want to spill her heart to Lucifer, but at this point, she had to. Whether it made her fallen or not.

“Father is a paranoid man,” Samael said, glancing to the window. It seemed that Julius wasn’t too aware of what was going on.

He heard a voice at the back of his head. Lucifer. “Well, I think Lucifer wants to join the party as it is,” he said, rising, “if you want to invite Julius in, I’ll leave that to you. Otherwise, I can stay away until he goes off. Azazel, just let me know when it’s safe to come back.”

Whether that was with Julius lurking around, or otherwise. “Why can’t Lucifer just come here?” Why did Samael have to go? Azazel started to rise as Samael did, but Samael lifted a hand, and he settled back down.

“I’m sure I’ll know soon enough,” the call came from Hell. Unusual. No matter. “Demetria, I will relay your wishes to Lucifer.” He promised, and then, with the painful reappearance of his wings, he was gone.

Azazel glanced out the window then, before his gaze shifted back to Demetria, “Are you going to let him in?” He asked, hoping she wouldn’t. Julius didn’t seem to be storming the place, so he assumed the magic shielded them a bit from his prying eyes.

~***~

Samael found himself back in Hell, and much to his own horror, Lucifer was bleeding, severely, from her back. Wings torn off. He reached down immediately and pulled her up, “Gabriel?”

She just nodded in confirmation, leaning against him. The Archangels had the ability. Gabriel was nothing to worry about on Earth, but in Heaven, and the Dreamscape, Gabriel exerted more power than he ought to. The scales hadn’t been tipped in her favor. Why didn’t she listen?

Samael wrapped an arm around her and let the energy engulf them again, snapping them right out of Hell, and onto Earth’s surface again. He would wait for Azazel’s message to return, but even before then, he supposed he would make sure Lucifer didn’t go a mess. She had a reputation. “Why don’t we murder Gabriel?” He asked then, drawing back in.

He probably needed a new suit anyway, but it was just going to get ruined again when he took them to Demetria.

“I thought I would save it for Azazel,” she answered, as Samael pulled her out onto a street of shops and bars. They were back in that college town. “Samael, I—”

“Julius isn’t here, he jumped when we did, probably.” He didn’t know about Aeliena, but that didn’t matter right now. He dragged Lucifer along. “At least anyone who looks at you is just going to think you had a crafting accident,” he murmured as he walked on towards what seemed to be a boutique. Gold wasn’t the color of blood, and her back looked fine. She had drawn back into her mortal guise.

There were only scars. They’d heal.

Lucifer always healed. God couldn’t keep those wings from regrowing.

Demetria watched Samael vanish, before her eyes fixed on the angel outside. For a moment the scenery changed, she was standing before him, screams of terror and pain washing through her ears before she was back in her kitchen, looking at Azazel as if nothing happened. "I think it would be best if he stayed outside," She leaned against the counter again on her elbows, looking at Azazel. "Besides, I'd like to get to know you,"

"You seem like the odd one out of your group, are you not? Samael didn't spare you another word before leaving," She frowned. "Lucifer hasn't gone mean, has she?" She laughed at her own words, looking at Azazel with a slight smirk. "I can see you potential, I wouldn't let them bring you down, Azazel,"

"If I am correct, you are the angel who fell for the human, are you not?" She changed the topic, beginning to fill a cup with some tea for herself. "That is a rather selfish thing to do, isn't it? Especially for an angel. I don't get what you would see in a mortal that you wouldn't see in an angel,"

~

Aeliena continued down the campus streets, looking around. The chilling air brought goose bumps to her skin, causing her to shiver. Damn mortals and their seasons. As much as she loved how beautiful winter was, it was a bitch at a time like this. It was only slowing her down. As she turned a corner, she noticed drops of blood staining the snowy side walk. Her eyes followed the trail, before she noticed Samael carrying someone injured.

Her insides twitched, an instant need to care for whoever it was. It was the guardian angel in her, always feel the need to fix someone.

Quickly, she followed behind, remaining silent, placing her foot steps quietly against the snow. She was far away enough to see them, but only hear slight murmuring of their conversation. Whoever it was bleeding everywhere needed help, now.

‘Lucifer is always mean.’ Azazel didn’t say as much. It was true, and it was not true. Lucifer was not the sort of mean that most were. It was a mean that came with her honesty, a mean that came with her cold ruthlessness, not the mean of passion, that flicked on without a thought. Only emotion. Lucifer was mean – but not irrationally so.

Not cruelly.

She spoke of who he was, and he rolled his eyes at her query, reaching for his own tea once again to give him a moment of silence before he had to answer. He enjoyed the taste of the rose. He set it back down. “I can’t make you see what I like in them,” he told her. “We all have tastes. Mine just isn’t the haughty know-it-all angels,” he said, looking out into the snow again, at poor Julius.

He wasn’t thinking of Julius, though. “Everyone wants what they can’t have. Mortality, vulnerability – maybe that’s it, but I did love her.” And she was damned, and he was unable to see her. To find her and hold her again, or comfort her in her terrors. “It’s no more selfish than what Lucifer’s done, or any other fallen.”

He wouldn’t deny it. He knew it was selfish. Yet he still thought God was wrong for not seeing it as good, for not allowing it, for not giving the humans more. “Why, do you have a thing for an angel? Humans bore you?” That seemed to be the usual complaint. Humans were boring. Predictable.

Angels were more predictable to him.

~***~

The boutique was barely open, catering to a group who wanted to prepare for some sort of Christmas party. Samael flashed them a smile and waved away the attendant who thought to come over, before Lucifer left his arm and went to look at what was available.

She didn’t take long.

She reached for the first backless dress that looked like it would fit and then strode into a changing room. Black. She stepped out of the white one that had the golden ichor on it, and tossed the price tag to Samael over the changing room stall, and he went on to pay for it without a question, flashing his phone’s app so they could charge it to a paypal account.

Lucifer was out by the time he finished, the white dress used to wipe off what blood had been visible and thrown away, hair finger-combed through. “Can we go now?”

“Afraid not, Azazel hasn’t given the all-clear,” Samael said, hooking an arm with Lucifer’s to walk her out, “Julius showed up at Demetria’s cabin, so we’re waiting. She wants to come along to the garden, or she’s not helping, by the way.”

“Why?”

“No idea. She also wants to see you.”

No hardship. Lucifer shrugged at that.

Demetria listened curiously, nodding in sutble agreement. "I suppose you are right," She thought out loud. "I find it silly God reacted the way he did, though, if it counts to you," She mentioned. "I am a firm believer of love, no matter who it is with,"

"I do find angels to be much more interesting than humans, though. Especially Samael, he is different than the rest," She stated, watching the window. Julius looked around a few times, looking a bit distressed. "Although, he is a straight up mess," She waved over towards Julius. "I have a feeling he would make a better demon, or even archangel,"

As Julius left, Demetira rose, grabbing Samael's cold cup of tea and putting it in her sink.

~~

Aeliena could hear Julius hammering at the back of her head, but this was more important. Whoever back it was, blood was seeping all over them. What had happened? Aeliena had heard of angels having their wings snipped, but never seen it herself. She hid hind the side of a building, close enough to hear the voices.

It was Lucifer. In utter shock, Aeliena rubbed her hands, which were aching to dwel into her old medicine magic. She watched them enter, sighing deeply. When they walked back out, the blood had been cleaned up, but that didn't mean Aeliena was going to walk away. She had to talk to Lucifer, at least before Thanos entered her mind again.

Everyone liked to feel vindicated, even Azazel. Though he and Demetria may not have the same type, he did nod, silent gratitude for her justifying his side of things, finding God’s reaction to be over the top. He didn’t need to say more, and he visibly blanched when she said Samael was alluring to her.

It was more teasing than anything, but he did say, “You know he’s the father to some of your siblings, right?” That he was, in this case, a literal mother fucker. Hopefully he was not Demetria’s father. Azazel didn’t know who was, and he felt better not asking then, just on the off chance it was Samael.

He only knew of three, anyway. That didn’t mean that was all, but he figured he’d know if there were others. Samael was always proud of them.

He looked out again at Julius then, and wrinkled his nose, “Don’t bring him to our level.” Demon was the insulting term for the fallen. “Maybe an Archangel,” he agreed mostly because Lucifer wasn’t there. Lucifer wouldn’t approve of Julius as an Archangel, no matter how close they had seemed for a moment.

At least he was leaving, “I’ll call Samael back, but please, please don’t do anything with him in my sight. I think I’ll be sick,” he laughed, before he shut his eyes and focused on Samael.

‘Coast is clear.’

~***~

“Speak of the devil,” Samael chuckled to himself then, earning an irked look from Lucifer, “Azazel called out. Seems it is safe to go,” he stepped them back into an alley, and pulled at his strength again. He was really getting tired of the constant reverting and hiding what he was. It was starting to wear on him more than just mentally.

He pulled both of them back to Demetria’s home, outside it, of course. He couldn’t transport himself inside it, he imagined the wardings kept him out. Lucifer stepped away then, and Samael didn’t let his form shift back. At least for a bit he’d be protected from the sight of others inside the hut, so he allowed the wings to be visible in a way – not the large, white wings, but the threaded energy that wavered in the air behind him.

Lucifer was the one to knock this time. It would be rude to just barge in, after all.

Demetira gave Azazel a look. "If you are insinuating I may be related to him, you are wrong," She laughed. "I never knew my father, all I know he was some minor angel who just wanted a night with the oh-powerful Lilith, not a child," She had gotten over the loss of not having a father years ago. It did affect her, in the beginning. Being in touch with other siblings who had amazing relationships with their fathers made Demetira envious, and angry at her mother. Over the years she learned it only made her stronger. Lilith made Demetira powerful for a reason, she didn't need a silly man to confirm that.

"I'm not making any promises," She winked towards the angel, making her way towards the door, right after she heard knocking. She opened it, almost shocked to see Lucifer there. It had been quite some time since she had seen the female, probably way before she even though about falling. "Lucifer," She greeted, her tone warm and welcoming. She allowed the two step in, before shutting the door behind her. Instantly, she looked the girl up and down. "Your wings," Demetira didn't even have to be told, she almost felt Lucifer's pain.

Feeling as though Lucifer didn't want to talk much about it, she led the two back to the kitchen where Azazel was. She handed Lucifer a mug of tea, before walking off. She came back moments later with a book, dusty and almost rotting away it was so old. "I always hated books," She admitted. "But, mother insisted I needed something to hold our greatest secrets,"

After muttering a few words under her breath, the book flipped open to a page, a unknown language written all over the pages.

Her green eyes flickered over the three, before focusing on Lucifer. "Samael filled you in, I assume?" Her piano-like fingers traced over the pages, feeling the magic that bound it shut radiating off of it. "I am reluctant to share this with you, but I know if I came to you, you would do the same," There was a day the two women shared a tight bond, a friendship. Demetira would have gone the extra mile of calling Lucifer her closest friend.

~~

Aeliena watched the two disappear, cursing under her breath. Her heart thudded in her chest, regret washing over her. Someone, anyone, had to know what Thanos was up to. She had a strange feeling Julius would just laugh at her, claim she was just in need of rest. Lucifer, she had a feeling Lucifer knew Thanos a bit more than herself. He had been cooped up downstairs for so long, surely the Queen knew a bit about him.

Feeling defeated, she allowed Julius to speak.

"I'm going to kill you, Aeliena. I had a feeling, I knew where they were, yet I couldn't see them," He grunted out. "I'm getting real tired of this game of tag,"

Julius was growing annoyed, reckless even. He sat in a bar, chugging down the hardest liquor they had. It barely did a dent to his sobriety, but it was better than chasing after people who he couldn't keep up with. He felt defeated, useless, unworthy. He wasn't as strong as he was, he couldn't vanish into thin air anymore. He tried, about a dozen times on his way to the bar but it felt as if his powers had been stripped and thrown into the thrash over the years.

"Julius," Aeliena sighed deeply. "You can't give up, not now, at least. We have caved into her plan, we are getting closer. We just need to beat her to the end,"

"Yeah, whatever," He shut out the girl, waving down the bartender for another drink.

Azazel rolled his eyes a bit at the words of the Lilim, not wanting to think of her and Samael. It was bad enough he had to think of Samael and Lilith. It was probably a miracle that Lucifer and Samael hadn't hooked up. At least he hoped now. He let out a groan as his thoughts lingered over the possibility that such a thing was exactly why Samael held such a high position in Hell. He fucked his way there. 'Damn it," he cursed aloud before looking to Samael's return, with Lucifer.

He expected to be flooded with the sensation of her after the bracelets broke, but she seemed muted. He couldn't tell why in her human guise, not until Demetria spoke of wings and Lucifer shot her a glare for it. Full of pride, always. That was all it amounted to, a silencing look, and though Azazel wanted to ask who, he didn't.

Where Lucifer went, it could only be Gabriel.

In the moment where Lucifer joined him at the table, and Demetria went off, she touched his shoulder. "I'm sorry." The words were whispered. Azazel looked up. Lucifer didn't sit, held her tea in one hand as Samael sat down. "Gabriel killed Shemhazai."

Azazel jolted to his feet, Lucifer's hand falling away. He wanted to shout but bit it back as Demetria returned. Even Samael seemed surprised but now he understood Lucifer's comment about leaving Gabriel to Azazel. Shemhazai had been Azazel's friend. They fell together, took the blame of leadership.

Neither were able to leave or react with Demetria's return. They had to try and settle again, though Azazel was now visibly agitated and Samael was staring out at the pool. His fellow Ophanim....

Lucifer remained outwardly stoic as Azazel took his seat. Her eyes alighted on the book and she smiled slightly. "Samael indicated you wished to come. Doing so will not include any promises of protection, Demetria." Lucifer noted, but she was not opposing it. She only wanted Demetria aware that the situation was dangerous. Actively helping Lucifer now could lead to harm.

"The real question is do you have anything that can help?" She was one of the few Lilim, last Lucifer knew, who hadn't been to the garden. Perhaps that had changed, perhaps not. It didn't really matter much if Demetria couldn't get the rest of them in. All the Lilim could enter. Getting others in was the problem or Elia's would have been enough.

Demetria's lips pulled into the slightest of grins. "I will have no issues defending my own," She stated. She was powerful, after all. "I understand the risks," She simply said, before looking down at the book.

"There are many ways to get in, and they are constantly changing," Demetria explained. "Mother gave all of us a book like this, whenever the entrance changes, it magically appears in here," She then sighed deeply. "The only issue is, it hasn't been changed in quite some time. That either means no one has been trying to get in, or whoever changed it last neglected to write it down," Her finger scanned over the page. "Last person to change it was my mother. Even I have trouble contacting her, hearing back from how to get in may take years, knowing her," She looked at the three. "I can certainly take you there, but I cannot assure you will be able to get in,"

Shutting the book, the magic bound it shut once again. "Tomorrow, we can go," Demetria said softly. "For now, you three are more than welcome to spend the night. From what I have heard, you three deserve a break," She smiled sadly, mostly towards Lucifer. "I can show you to your rooms, if you please,"

Lucifer sighed at the commentary. She could take them to the garden, but not get them in? “I know where the garden is,” and the front entrance, which would obliterate her if she tried to walk through. Not to mention Uriel. Was it the back entrance or some other entrance that changed locations?

Samael seemed to think so, putting a hand on Lucifer’s shoulder since she was a bit stressed. Irate. “You need to rest,” he commented. She needed to heal, they didn’t actually need to rest by default. He’d keep himself entertained reading, and he wasn’t sure how Azazel would waste his time until Demetria was ready for them to leave. “We’ll go with you. If it isn’t there, then I suppose we’ll try to reach out to Lilith, or wait until Elia has gathered information on the front door.”

Azazel pushed himself to his feet, annoyed about waiting, but figuring there was no way out of it if Lucifer needed to heal. Besides, he probably wasn’t in the best emotional state, either. Shemhazai was dead. It was still pulling at his heart. If he had to deal with an angel like Uriel, or anyone else, he may just snap on them. That may or may not be good, for him.

Definitely not good for the one who was the last straw.

“All right,” Lucifer rolled her shoulder, removing Samael’s hand. She softened her expression a bit, and nodded to Demetria. “Please. We’ll rest and leave at your leisure.” She agreed.

With a grin, Demetria led the three up a staircase. Upstairs was just as magical as downstairs. Tall windows lined the walls, plants and greenery growing off of one wall, a waterfall on the other. "Living in the city is so boring, I brought a little bit of the tropics with me," She explained as they passed. Demetria was clearly very happy. It had been a long time since she had any guests, let alone people who stayed longer than an hour. It did get lonely, and Demetria was never one who dealt with loneliness well. She missed the years when her presence was needed everywhere, when she barely had any down time.

It was why she jumped on joining them to the garden so quickly. She needed something like that, the adventure again. Who knows? Maybe Demetria will discover something for herself along the way.

She walked down a spacious hallway, stopping at a row of four doors. "Pick your rooms," She stated. "Mine is at the end," She smiled, sparing a glance at Samuel. "I'll be downstairs if anyone needs me," With that, Demetria was swaying back down the stairs where she turned on her fire place, placing the giant book back on the ginormous shelf of other books.

~

Meanwhile, Aeliena was sat up top of a roof, watching the city skyline. It was gorgeous at night, the light snowfall and bright city lights mending together. It was times like these she wished she still was a mortal, she longed to be apart of one of those lights. Instead she was stuck with a world-saving task she didn't even agree with.

"You are really funny, you know that?" She called to the sky. "You knew what would happen if you put me to this task. So why did you? If I was going to feel the need to rebel? To test my loyalty? Even if there is barely any left?" She was growing angrier and angrier by the minute, pacing across the roof. Her conversation with Azazel was ringing through her head, tempting her. Would it be so bad if she fell? If she left her emotions take over for once? If she got a taste of the freedom she had wanted for so long?

~

Walking out of the bar, Julius let out a breath. He was feeling slightly better, alcohol had a tendency to do that. Even then, he barely had a buzz. If he was a human, he would be absolutely trashed right now. He felt utterly useless. Even when he was put to a mission, he still couldn't do anything. Damn Father and his stupid ways. Julius was strong, powerful, yet he felt so...dead inside. Nothing fueled him anymore. He thought this whole thing, chasing after Lucy, would give him the spark.

It didn't.

None the less, Julius began walking back to the hotel. The streets were dark and empty, very few cars driving by. Humming to himself, he carried on down the side walk.

Out of thin air, a bulky man appeared in front of Julius, scars lining his dark face. "Julius," He gruffly spoke, blocking Julius from passing. Even though Julius was on the larger side, the male towered over him.

"Dante," He said, almost in confusion. "What are you doing here? I thought you were sent to Hell with Thanos?"

"That I was," He grinned. "And I've been sent to finish some business for him,"

With a sudden flash, a knife was stabbed into Julius' gut, his body being tossed against a building as if he weighed nothing. "Go to Hell, Julius,"

As he drifted in and out of consciousness, Julius awoke in uncharted territory. He didn't recognize his surroundings, but felt an emptiness in his chest and on his back to know he wasn't in Heaven. He was in Hell.

With a grunt of pain, he tried to stand up, but only fell back to the ground as pain erupted through his entire body. He laid there, processing what happened. Had Dante stripped him from his wings? Almost killed him? Or did he take a few too many shots? And why did Thanos want him gone?

To get to Aeliena. He realized. Thanos was locked away, how was he doing this?

As his head ached as if it was being split open, he tried to contact anyone, he could barely reach Aeliena, that link being shattered. As he searched for an open door, he broke through a wall, mind linking the last person he would ever think to speak to.

"Lucifer," His pained mind demanded.

Lucifer and the others followed Demetria to the hall where the spare rooms were, four doors presented to three, and a lingering look for Samael. Lucifer may not have paid it any mind, but a glance from Azazel gave her a moment's pause to consider it as the Lilim sauntered away from them, all of her mother's moves in her hips.

"Lilith would kill you." Lucifer pointed out when Samael turned his head at last, Demetria long out of earshot. "Literally, her temper is worse than mine."

"I'm quite familiar with her temper, Lucifer." Samael chuckled, turning away, "it is an odd arrangement with Lilith, but I know my bounds." Better than Lucifer.

Azazel chuckled. "Samael, bound?" He teased. "I never realized anyone could keep you."

"Certain pretty woman." He cast a glance to Lucifer, who ignored him completely as she picked a room to heal in. "Perhaps if you grew your hair out, Azazel." He joked, reaching for a door knob as well.

"No thanks, some of us know how to cut our hair." Azazel countered. He may have said more, but a pained sound caused him to glance back. Lucifer had opened her door and stepped in, only to stumble and drop to a knee, head in hand. "Lucifer?"

Samael was already at her side, kneeling alongside her. He put a hand on her head. "Gabriel?" Azazel queried. So far as he knew, Gabriel was the only one who could break Lucifer's mind. Possibly Samael or other Ophanim, but certainly Gabriel.

"I'm fine." Lucifer ground out, knowing what a lie it was. "Just...need a moment." Weak enough that someone broke the wall in her mind. Julius. Damn Gabriel. She lifted her gaze to Samael. "I forgot to appoint someone to watch Hell when Shemhazai died. Julius seems to be there. Go see why and appoint Baal in my stead."

Samael gave a nod and rose, wings appearing much more and allowing him to appear in Hell, before Julius. "Tsk." The sound parted his lips. "This is why you shouldn't play in Hell, Julius."

~***~

"Barely any left." Gabriel's voice echoed the complaining words of Aeliena as he materialized upon the roof behind her, nature unmasked, hardly caring if he was recognized. He was an angel meant to be recognized, the messenger. Michael may be more famous, but he was not seen half as much.

"What has become of your faith, Aeliena?" He asked, monotonous as ever. "Whatever reason Father has, he trusted you to the task. He believes in you. With his faith behind you, this task should be as nothing. Yet you stumble, not trusting in him. In yourself. Why?"

Gabriel was not truly there for sympathy or compassion. He was there to intervene. How, he did not yet know, but unlike Aeliena, he trusted unquestionably in his father, even when he did not have all of the details.

Julius felt as if a part of his being was ripped out of him, his insides felt eerily hollow. Though being in hell he shivered, feeling empty. When Samael appeared in front of him, he groaned out in annoyance. He didn't feel like putting up with Samael's games, or the way he danced around like everything was fine and dandy.

"I wasn't playing anywhere," He hissed, clutching his wound that continued to bled. "I didn't put myself here. Dante did, or Thanos, I really don't care at the moment," He looked up at the male, feeling too weak to even stand let alone try and help himself up. "He did something," His hand moved to his chest, that felt hollow. "I can't-I can't feel anymore," He tried to gather the right words to describe what he felt. Hell, he didn't even know what he wasn't feeling anymore, just that he wasn't feeling something. "I can't contact Aeliena either," He tried, again and again but nothing seemed to be going through at all.

"Where's Lucy?" The nickname rolled off his tongue urgently, looking at Samael with a hardened expression.

~

Aeliena almost jumped when Gabriel appeared. She had never seen him close up before, it was a shock just to see someone so powerful and important in front of her. Seeing Lucifer was one thing, but seeing Gabriel was another.

"There are about a thousand reasons why my trust in Father has faltered," She spoke, her eyebrows knitted together as if it was obvious. "He send an unstable angel to save the world from Lucifer of all people," She said. "I never said I wanted to do this. I never said I could do this, but the weight of the world and humankind is in my hands yet I have no idea what I'm doing. Surely if someone stronger was chosen Lucifer would be back in Hell and I would be alone!" She was practically yelling again, anger rising in her.

"It's times like these I wish I was banished with Thanos."

‘We can’t put you in Hell, Julius.’ Samael wanted to say, but he did not. Newly fallen were…interesting. It had been so long since Samael saw one who didn’t know what had happened. God usually let them know, but occasionally, there was one or two that just wasn’t important enough for God to care enough to let them know their Grace was gone.

The feeling of God. Lucifer called it Grace. “Lucifer’s location is a need-to-know basis, Julius. You’ve truly learned nothing about me, have you?” So far as loyalties went, Samael had a couple. Pretty women, as he teased Azazel about, though that wasn’t just it. Lucifer and Lilith had both earned his loyalty in their own ways.

Shemhazai.

“Though I suppose since you’re one of us now, you may find out sooner rather than later.” Samael offered his hand, “Come on, up. I have to go see Baal, and then we’ll figure out what to do with you.” But he could at least come along.

~***~

Gabriel’s expression remained monotonous as the woman lashed out. Were it in his power, or within his authority, he would have stricken her down for it, but it was not. It was only within his Father’s authority to do so. No angel who was worth their salt presumed to do so. Gabriel did not even wonder why the Lord hadn’t simply stripped her it – given her what it was she desired.

It was not his place.

“Many have not known what they were doing. Noah was told to build a boat, and he did. He did not truly fathom why at the start. Moses went before Pharaoh, and he did not know how to summon frogs, or turn a rod into a serpent, and yet he trusted in God and it was done for him. It is not your power that goes before you when you do God’s will, but God’s power, Aeliena. Your strength matters not. Your stability matters not. Only that you do as He commands. We are all powerless without Him. Michael would be, I would be, and Lucifer is only as powerful as He allows. You must understand that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back