• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (always looking) WHO WANTS MAGIC! like maybe a secrete magic war kind of thing ?

Espy-Ninja

(she / her) A simple star in the night sky
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello to all who have come to my little corner of the forms. I'm hoping to have a nice magic rp basic in a magic world I kind of came up with as an au.
Don't worry about how many post there are, this can go so many ways I am hoping to get a lot of different people for this! It's not going to close any time soon!

So before we begin please allow me to inform you of what I would like out of a partner and what you may expect from myself.
1) OCC is important to me. I think it's a great thing to be abler to talk with each other to make plots and such, so I would like to have a PM chat for OCC and another one for the RP as well, please
2) post size. No less than one para please! Personal I can write a LOT when I feel inspired, so to me the longer your post the better! But know if it drops anything below 4lines for too long I will often lose interest in the rp.
3) at the moment I have the time to post AT LEAST once a day. I would like someone who can post at least once a week, please. Also if you have to go away or something just tell me, I get that life happens, I won't leave because you get some crazy work hours or need to take time for school stuff. I just ask you keep me updated is all.
4) if you lose interest just tell me, I won't be offended.
5) I'm playing a girl who is a witch of void, I would highly enjoy if you play a male so we can have a slow building romance. That's not to say I won't take a girl, you might just have to sell me on it is all, but it would just be a friendship between them. (I have nothing against FxF, I just don't rp it with ocs)

Now onto the good stuff!

First how the magic will work.....
So I was a big ass Homestuck nerd who based my magic world off the godtears, but that doesn't mean you need to know all about homestuck to enjoy the rp in this! I just means you might want to cheek out the links I put below.

There would be very basic magic that everyone can use, but the powerful stuff will be based on two factors. Each magic user has a heart(class) and a soul(aspect). Your heart is the way you use your magic, and your soul is what kind of stuff you magic can do.

Now if you don't know Homestuck here are some links that describe how godtears work
for the classes/heart
for the aspect/soul

Now to fully use your magic you must 'unlock' it. Magic can be unlocked in a lot of ways, either because of a need for to live, get in touch with your heart/soul, maybe fate decided that you need have it at the moment, an awakening, a lot of things can make it happen. When your magic is unlocked you gain a small chain with the simbale of your soul on it. This charm is a link to the god of your soul, and the key to your magic. If you lose it, have it taken, or something like that you lose your link to your god and your magic is all but gone, you feel weak as all hell too.

it's also important to know that each god is different, and will act differently if a cham is stolen or given to another. some gods might hate the stealing of charms and take some of the persons power who stole the charm. Other might not give a fuck and let you have a better link to them which means more power. Again each god is different so if you want to know about this mechanic I'll explain it better in a pm. for now just know it is highly frowned upon to take anthers charm.

How the world works...
This is one I would like to discuss with you once we connect to see what would work best with our story in terms of how well-known magic is. I have a few different ideas for plot, and different ones would work better with different setups. Though I would like the rp to be a kind of medieval setting because I find that the most fun for magic worlds.

Plot....
So I have a few thought on what to do with the plot, but if you have any suggestions or ideas of your own feel free to add them! Some base ideas can play out in more than one way too! Who your character would be in each of them will be in parenthesis and bold. Also, I would highly enjoy if we can have a romance bloom over time if you play a male.

1) There is a kingdom that is trying to create a magic army to take over the world, their king haven been corrupted. To do this they have been sneaking into other lands and kidnapping magic users, ripping their charms away from them to gain more power or trying to forces the people to fight for them. They have been doing this for some time now and the small collections of magic users that get together have started to take notice... (It spite off from here)

a) (prince) the magic users tried to put up a fight when they got a lead on where the next attack would be, but sadly they were far outmatched. My girl, being a witch of void, used her powers to plead with the gods to send her someplace she can get help (I can elaborate more on how this would work later). She was then brought to y/c's castle, where you would find her passed out and covered in blood in some private part of your home. You know there is no way she could have gotten there without being seen to, so that brings up questions. How y/c reacts is up to you, but the end goal would be for my girl to convince you to lend some aid in putting the other kingdom down before they can gather too many magic users.
b) (knight) y/c was sent on a mission by his kingdom to do something, and somehow ends up finding a battlefield full of dead bodies. As they get closer to get a better look, they find out not all the bodies are so dead. Being very confused and a good knight you are, you have your men aid the people who are alive so you can find out what happened. Once you find out about it we can talk more biased off what you think y/c would respond with.

2) Most people have a vague idea that magic is real in this world, and as such hunt it down and take the user of it prisoners. Magic users are thought of as prizes here, and many people of states like to buy them and keep them as a slave/servant/plaything or whatever. In this, my girl was taken prisoner and is now one of such toys....
a) (noble)you now own my girl, good for you! how you treat her is up to you, but you have somehow greaaaat. how you treat her is up to you but over time you start to get more and more cruse about magic and ask her questions about it since she seems to the most knowledgeable user you have gotten to speak to so far. slowly you grow to enjoy the idea of magic though, and where that takes you is up to you
b) ( magic user undercover) You think what's going on is despicable! Magic users aren't toys or slaves for the rich they are people! You hate wasn't going on and want to do what you can to help, so you went undercover. You got a job among the higher-ups, and everywhere you go you make planes to free the magic users they hold under there control. You try and find out who they are getting the user to warn others and keep them safe as well. Soon enough you are brought to the person who now owns my girl and you want to help get her out. (again we can talk about how this all plays out when we connect)

3) (noble) not all users like to say in the stay hidden in the woods or in towns, some like to hide in plain sight. My girl is your personal aid/servant.
a) my girl has worked by your side in the castle for years now, and your rather close friends as well! though you don't know everything about her until something happens....one day you find out about her magic(we would talk about how this happens) and now you have to decide how to react to this new found fact
b) anything else you can think of :P

Well that's what I got for now, but like I said let me hear your ideas as well if you have any!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back