• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

(Always looking!) Time for an adventure!

Namohysip

Hey-o! I'm looking for a few good, long-term one-on-ones to start with some people through email. I only ask for email because it's a really easy format for me to work with, especially since that's where all of my other roleplays are located. But first! A little bit about me.

I'm a college undergrad majoring in Computer Science and minoring in English. I've been writing since middle school (terribly) and have honed my skills since then, both through roleplaying and formally through creative writing classes. Over time I've written a few books that I'm in the process of editing and planning and rewriting, and rewriting, and... it's a thing that many authors do, according to my professors.

Anyway, enough about that. Here's my roleplaying style:

I do paragraph form, third person, past tense. My reply frequency is almost always, so long as I'm awake--and that's between noon to midnight, unless I'm in class, etc. I live in Hawaii, so as a reference for time zones 8 PM in California is 6 pm in Hawaii. That being said, with 12 hours of availability, we're bound to cross paths at least for some time. My reply length is typically one to three paragraphs, with a bias toward one and two. I also have a tendency to start off with multiple characters and, due to the way my plots work, will introduce even more as time goes on. As for genres, if you didn't see the tags, I'm looking for an original fantasy/science-fantasy (based on my aforementioned books) or a pokemon mystery dungeon roleplay! More on these later.

Now, if you like what you read up there, here's what I'd like to see out of you! In order for this roleplay to work well, you need to be able to reply at least once a day. The roleplay plot is simply too long for any less frequent replies to... well, ever finish it in a timely manner. These are LONG plots. The pokemon mystery dungeon plot is currently going on with another roleplayer, and we can exchange fifty (short-ish, 1 paragraph) replies per day sometimes, and we're currently in the intermission before the final act, and it's been about three months since we started. The fantasy roleplay is significantly longer, but if for any reason you don't want to continue after some time, just tell me, because there are multiple 'wrap-up' points to finish things off prematurely with a somewhat satisfying ending regardless.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, if you want to roleplay it, has a pretty established setting, and there's no real need to explain what it is. If you want to construct an original setting, feel free! But for the fantasy setting, I obviously have to give you some information on what you'll be getting into if you pick it.

The fantasy setting has two/three species to choose from: Humans, dragons, and shape-shifters. Note that you cannot start with a shifter character for plot reasons, so if you ever want to have one, they'll have to be introduced when they're "unlocked." Dragons can vary in size from two to ten feet in height, and can vary in shape from most of the legends you'd think of them as. In other words, western (quadruped-style), eastern (serpentine-style), bipedal (Uh... fire-emblem style?) and so on. You can also choose a part-dragon--someone with human and dragon ancestry. They generally only have a few features of dragons on a human body--odd hair/eyes, wings, a tail, scales/fur, or they could look so dragon or human that they'd pass as a pure dragon or human.

The magic is Elemental...ish in nature. Basically, it's just like being able to control water, fire, earth, wind etc., but with an expansion to the other types of matter and energy as well. For example, kinetic energy, or light energy, or crystal structures, etc. A smart person can use these Elements scientifically for even more advanced techniques and abilities.

Hoo. Okay. Now for the plots. I won't get into details nor will I give out any spoilers, so expect these descriptions to be a little vague.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Your character runs into my characters in some circumstance. They will then find out that one of my characters has an ancient, strange artifact--one of a set of eighteen, corresponding to the known Types. It is said that gathering all eighteen together will do... something. Exactly what happens has been lost to time. Later, we find out that there are hunters who would do anything to gather all eighteen--but these hunters are less than noble in terms of their behavior. So during the race to gather and protect these artifacts, the truth behind them slowly unravels, unveiling a conspiracy with truly universal implications...

P.S. the Mystery Dungeon plot is flexible enough that if you want to do your own plot BEFORE mine starts, tell me, and I'd be happy to accommodate!

The fantasy plot is a lot longer, but here's the preview to my best ability. Firstly, the plot will start off differently depending on whether you choose to start with a human or not.

Your character lives in a fairly modern city, with the most advanced technology of that world. To us in our world, they'd be perhaps a few years behind. South of the city is a forest, where dragons live. Tensions between the city and the forest have been rising steadily over the generations, and they're about to reach an apex. Your character gets involved with my character, who (depending on the age of your character) is either conducting a high school/college research project to help alleviate tensions by learning more about dragons, of (if we're working with adults in the workforce) is running a volunteer group to achieve the same purpose. It inevitably doesn't go well, but the reasons are suspicious: the government reeeeally doesn't want tensions to go down. Perhaps they should get to the bottom of this, somehow...

Your character lives in the forest mentioned above. There, dragons (And some humans and part-dragons) are living simple, normal lives in tune with nature and magic, living with what natural resources it provides. This land has, historically, been plagued by a hostile shape-shifting race that seems to perform organized strikes against towns and settlements in the forest. Since then, however, a guard system has protected well against almost all of their attacks. But recently, these shifters have been quiet... Historically, that means they're preparing a big attack. The problem? This is the longest they've ever been quiet. With this, combined with the tensions against the human city to the north, this will be the biggest hurtle the people of the forest will have to go through yet. Your character will ideally get involved at the border between the forest and city, meeting with the research group in the human route, who, like the rest of the city, are completely unaware of the shape-shifting problem of the forest.

P.S. If you intend to start off as a part-dragon, that counts as being in the dragon route. Only humans can live in the city, so you default to the dragon route instead.

P.P.S. If you want to start off as a human, but want to take the dragon route, that's perfectly fine as well! Humans live in the forest, too.

At some point, the human and nonhuman routes become the same route. This just determines how things start off and where we start off. If you want to start off in some unique way, ask and we'll see what we can arrange.

MAN. That's a lot to take in, so I hope you paced yourself! If you're interested at all in what I have going on here, post here and ask me questions for clarification or statements of interest, or send me a message and we'll discuss details!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'd be very interested in roleplaying with you! My characters are shape shifters, but I could play one as a human until I could bring the other in if that would work? I just joined the site so I'm still looking around and getting myself set-up here. I love your fantasy plot!

Yeah, that would work just fine! Are you able to send me a PM yet? If not I'll just send it to you and then we can exchange contact information.

I don't see any option to PM you, so you might have to shoot me one first! Sorry. :(

Oh my gosh! I've been looking for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon roleplay!! And I'm totally cool about using email if that's your preference.

I'm still new, so I won't be able to receive any PMs from your side if you happen to send them. Please let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot you a PM just so that we could exchange information/establish a plotline and the like.

Oh, that's awesome! Yeah, we can exchange, but last I checked, isn't it the other way around? And YOU can't send new PMs? Well, either way, let me just be doubly sure and send one over to you preemptively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back