• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Always looking for partners. Come have a look!

Trash-Mouse

Delayed
Well, hello there, come on in!
...unless you'd prefer to stand in the doorway?
I mean that's fine too. Whatever makes you comfortable...

I am Valmonte, Val or Monty are just fine,
or Hey-You-With-The-Face, Whatever-your-name-is, Howeveryousaythat, just as long as it's pleasant okay?

I'm just looking for the right partner (aren't we all?). There are loads and loads of talented, friendly, wonderful people on this site but I'm looking for someone whose writing I can really get into. So, before I can find you, whoever you are, I should tell you about me.

Things Any Potential Should Know About Valmonte

• I tend to write a LOT. My replies range anywhere from a couple paragraphs to 12 or on the occasional really interesting story more, but usually average around 5-7 if I'm really into a story and have plenty to play off of.
  • Sadly, I DO NOT REPLY EVERY DAY. I would love to be able to, I really would, but alas I'm a wife, a mother of a very active and wonderful little boy, and I have twins on the way, so my life is obviously just a little bit busy. I do love this and it's become one of my favorite hobbies over the years I've been doing it, but my life outside of the story has first priority, which I of course would expect from anyone else here.
  • I'm a sucker for a good story with creative and sensible twists and turns, but I find it really disappointing to be the only one providing them. I'm inventive and I LOVE it when a partner can bring just as much creativity to the table to help me keep things interesting and fun. Plot twists, introducing new elements, characters, creatures and settings to a story, or even tossing in a well balanced romance if it fits, are things I really enjoy getting from another person, because I enjoying tossing them into the mix when I feel it will fit.
  • I am a very patient person. I can wait hours, days, weeks or months for a reply, just as long as I know it's coming. If it isn't just say so. I'll understand. Not every partner is the right one. Not every story can keep going or keep your attention. It happens. If it's been a while since I've had a reply and I do poke at you a little to see if you're still interested, know I'm not trying to be pushy. It just means I haven't heard from you, want to make sure you haven't died on me, and are just checking that you're still interested in the story so I don't become dusty and turn into the Crypt Keeper while waiting for a reply.
  • I like all sorts of genres and plot types. There are a few things I don't have much or any experience in but would be willing to try with an established partner I know I flow well with. The genres I most enjoy are usually fantasy types. I like them all. Pure fantasy, modern/fantasy mix, realistic/modern with a fantasy element of flair, you name it, but I enjoy a good realistic rp as well just as long as it doesn't revolve around high school. I haven't been in high school for a good while now, and it wasn't interesting while I was there. Besides, it's very much overdone. I don't mind having characters of that age range, I just don't do plots entirely based around interactions during Gym class, lunch, and maths. I love Love LOVE a good story set in an older style of time. Edwardian, Victorian, Medieval, Celtic-like settings for even just part of a story are fantastic. I really like to see them worked in. I can do Sci-Fi, and even a few fandom-esque settings but I don't use characters that already exist. If you want a Harry Potter rp then you bet your boots I will absolutely do a story set in the Wizarding World but you won't see me attempting to think like Hermione Granger, or any of the iconic characters from Lady Rowling's books. Those stories are over, and I didn't make those characters. I'll just mess them up. Start a new year, fresh witches and wizards, right? Right.
  • I play both male and female characters with equal comfort. None of my characters are perfect, they all have their own issues they deal with just like every real person does. Perfect characters are boring and quite honestly, annoying. I won't throw any at you, so don't throw any at me. Throwing things is wrong, especially people, though it is an impressive feat of strength...
  • If an element of romance is added to a story, and I do enjoy a good, compatible couple, I should tell you that I only do MxF pairings. I don't discourage LGBT characters in a story at all, I just don't play them. It's not something I can do well, and as I am all about quality, I don't want to give you characters that I don't feel I can portray properly. That doesn't mean your Anthony can't have a thing for my Damien, it just means Damien very likely won't be interested. It also reversely doesn't mean that just because Amanda takes an interest that Damien will jump at the opportunity. There are exceptions to every rule, but of course, if I'm just not feeling the chemistry for Damien, it's not happening, and that's okay! Not everything has to work out according to plan every time! That's what keeps things interesting. (Note: Damien is a randomly selected name used for an example, and may or may not actually show up in any given rp.)
  • I like to chat OOC. It's a good way for the both of us to provide feedback and just chat a little. I'm not saying you have to become my best friend and share every detail of our lives with each other (That's dangerous on the internet. People should know better. Tisk tisk), but I like to know if you're going to be out of commission for a while, or how things are going on the whole. It gives me an idea of who you are and how to better communicate with you through the story. If we can communicate well inside and outside of the story it's more likely that we will have found long-term writing partners in one another.
  • I AM looking for a long-term partner. Someone I can go to for a good story, short or long. Ideally this isn't going to be someone under the age of 18. Sorry to put an age restriction, but I find it so much easier to write with someone closer to my own age especially if romance between characters has been introduced. Also, I'm looking for someone who doesn't need or expect a reply every day or more than once a day. Now, If I magically have a large lump of free time and someone responds quickly, I could probably pop out 3-5 responses in a day but know I likely won't have that sort of time on my hands every time I pop on. It'll be a bit sporadic so I need someone who will be as patient with me as I'll be for them. For those who ARE patient and CAN wait, I promise my replies will never be shoddy quality.
Oh, I'm so glad you made it this far!
I'm so proud of you!
What? No, I'm not being condescending... I mean it. That was a lot to get through.

Well, there you go. That's pretty much me. So if you're still interested let me know! Comment here or send me a pm with a general idea for a plot and I'll get back to you about it just as soon as I can. Other than that I have a list of ideas I had for plots so if any of those pique your interest don't be bashful!

PLOTS
drum roll please..

Echoes

A journalist who discovers they have the ability to not only see and communicate with ghosts but to help them by journeying to the time and place of their death, gets involved in a centuries old tragedy surrounding a very old castle-turned ritzy hotel while attempting to write an honest piece on the hotel before opening day.

By Chance
An immortal young man/woman has become bored with their life and with the world and its doings. They find other beings dull and even infuriating at times with little interest in their affairs until they find themselves unexpectedly saving the life of a mortal during an attempted mugging where their secret is revealed and the two consequentially become involved in each other's lives.

I Hear Her Calling
Keileigh left home angry and on bad terms with her father. Growing up without a mother, Keileigh was very close with her younger sister but she and her father had never quite gotten along. After her younger sister disappeared into the mist one night and never returned, however, the two could hardly stand to look at one another let alone live together. So, Kaileigh left her family's country home in Ireland for the busy city of Atlanta, GA, where she went to school and finally opened a bakery, but when nightmares about her long lost sister begin to plague Kaileigh to the point of exhaustion, and therapy isn't helping she begins to wonder if the nightmares are more than just bad dreams. Of course when her father calls her out of the blue after all these years, frightened and begging her to come home, she can't help but feel that something much bigger is going on here. (This story works with Kaileigh or Killian as a main character. Writing he/she was just a pain for the description. I left it extremely open for a number of reasons and would really enjoy working the story details and co-character out with an interested party.)

The Pretender
Anna is the personal handmaiden to princess Elinora and has served her well and faithfully now for 12 years. The two grew up together from early childhood and have since been fast friends and nearly inseparable. However, when news of a neighboring king with a highly eligible son who is throwing a grand seven day ball reaches the king by form of invitation, Elinora in a panic, wishes her dear friend and servant farewell to run away with the man she loves, a knight in the service of her kingdom. Not yet willing to face the horrendous disgrace his daughter has brought upon their kingdom or risk angering the prince of this neighboring kingdom, the king instead chooses to send another in her place to act the part of Elinora long enough to get through the ball and return home, and who better than the one woman who knows Elinora better than anyone else? After all, Anna only has to pretend to be a princess for an entire week while surrounded by dozens of other royals without being discovered. How hard can it be? (Again, this also works with a prince and his closest manservant.)

Picking Up The Pieces
The son of a god finds himself in a terrible mess when his older brother is killed and their father chooses him to find out what happened and take revenge on those who killed him. With monsters, invisible to the mortal eye, always searching for a delicious demi-god snack, and a possible syndicate of demi-god murders on the loose, he may have to make a few friends and call in some favors on this treacherous investigation and who knows where it will take him?
A mortal is witness to a terrible crime, the brutal attack and murder of the man that lives in the apartment across from her, but what she saw makes no sense. Creatures like the one that killed her neighbor don't exist outside of the movies... and because of this she can't report it without sounding crazy... again. The police said that the murder was the result of gang activity in the city, just another victim on a long list of gang-related fatalities, but she knows what she saw and what she heard. The only problem is... who on Earth would believe her?

Pairings
❤️ Romances I’m interested in ❤️

Vampire x Human
Alien x Earther
Bounty Hunter x Target​

Last edited:
Hi there! Still looking?

I kinda love the servant-turned-princess-for-a-week plot you've got up... lol

Heyo, I really love the by chance plot! Let me know if you're still seeking!^^

Hey there! Based on your description above and what you're seeking in a long-term writing partner, I think that we could potentially really jive (not to mention the fact that I couldn't type this message fast enough upon reading the "Bounty Hunter x Target" pairing idea)! If you're still looking for partners, feel free to shoot me a PM (as I'm still too new to the site to do so myself, alas) and I'd be happy to tell you a little about myself and see if there might be a future here! :)

Hey there! Based on your description above and what you're seeking in a long-term writing partner, I think that we could potentially really jive (not to mention the fact that I couldn't type this message fast enough upon reading the "Bounty Hunter x Target" pairing idea)! If you're still looking for partners, feel free to shoot me a PM (as I'm still too new to the site to do so myself, alas) and I'd be happy to tell you a little about myself and see if there might be a future here! :)

I am always looking for potential new partners, and Yessssss! I could totally go for a hunterXtarget right now! It’s totaly different from everything else I’m doing currently and would be easy to jump into without feeling monotonous. I’ll pm you and we’ll talk details ;)

Hi! I would love to Rp with you and I think that we can get along well! I would love to do a realistic rp / Modern fantasy or something along those lines. PM me if you are interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back