• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Altissa; School of Magic (Reboot)

BluDaBaDee

B l u e
Alright. I bet you have heard about a Fantasy High School RP before, and I bet you think this is just another generic one. But guess what... it is.

Firstly, I must hand credit over to; Mitchs98 Mitchs98 , the original creator of this roleplay. I'm just carrying the torch now, since the RP kinda died, and those who hath remained wanted a reboot. Since no one else wanted to do it, you're stuck with me! Ahahahah... Hah. *Crickets* Anyway, without a further distractions, let's explain the gist of this roleplay.

*Ahem*

731207-mjv_art_org___166818_1600x1200_akatoki___game__flower__flowers__sky_cloud__clouds__tree__trees__plant__plants_.jpg

We all know that High School will happen. We all know that the drama within High School does happen too. But Altissa here is a bit different. Firstly, it's a school focused on teaching magic. Elemental, Light or Dark, Enviornmental, etc. etc... you name it, Altissa's teachers teach it.

Now of course, this school is a bit more special than just a Hogwarts remake. Y'see, the student body is more involved, and the Headmaster only intervenes when things get rough. So the students here are free to express their ideas, etc. etc. Don't worry, there shall be elections for student body members who think they can handle themselves to become President, etc. etc. And with such power, they can pull stunts like redecorating the entire school.

But hey, this school is more than just a fun political game. Students are grouped together based on information they have given to the school, (Character Sheets) to make sure everyone is happy. While there may be some conflicts in personality, etc. etc... Stuff like that is normal, but we'll ensure that there aren't any bullying situations, or other students dominating the other when it comes to strength or wit. Hopefully.

Did I mention this was a Fantasy School? Oh yeah, I did. You know why? Because not everyone here in school is exactly human. I mean, there are some basic races such as elves, dark elves, humans, and genetically modified freaks. But lets be honest, there is more than just some generic Gary who wants to be a good moral person in this school. That'd be boring.

Anything else? Yeah, the fact that there are quests to do some random stuff from time to time. Learning is fun, but hands-on experience is better. Anyway. Teams for quests may vary, but we aren't above just copying and pasting the dorm room list for the quest groups. Don't worry, it won't be hard, mostly.

Oh Yeah. I forgot to mention. There is some other trouble happening in the School.

Did you think that this was all going to be daisies and roses? Well be prepared for a rude awekening. Y'see, Altissa is in the Kingdom of Malvstron, and recently the infamous crime boss, Vincent du Gaunt had escaped from his prision. He is trying to revive his crime group and trying to stage a coup by using Altissa as a base of operations and for its ancient library of spell books and explanations to many of the complex spells that would take years to master without said books. However, some are trying to help him. You, as a student, a teacher, hell even the janitor have the decision to submit to Vincent's will and aid his dreams of reviving a gang, or the other option would to be defending the school and rat out his supporters. This will not be an easy task.

Guess what, there's also stuff INSIDE the school! Shocking I know. So let me discuss what Altissa has to offer!

Classrooms - Alright. It's a High School. It's the teacher's domain, sp00ky. There's enough seats for everyone, enough supplies, a whiteboard, a projector... etc. etc. There's one for every teacher so I guess that's a plus.

Headmaster's Office - This is where the misbehaving children go to talk to the Headmaster. Not. It may be a scary place to be in, but you most likely be there for rewards, information, and private academic meetings.

Dorms - Alright. Dorms. Easy to explain. Students live here. 4 to a dorm. There are unlimted amounts of dorms. Done? Good.

Alright, I have discussed the basics, lets go on to the special stuff.

Pool / Aquatic Center - Alright. We all know that High Schools have pools. Easy explanation. You jump into water, you swim, you don't drown. Hopefully.

Cafeteria - Alright. This is still very self explanatory. At least the food is good and not store brought. You can get whater your heart desire. Anyway, very self explanatory.

Band/Orchestra/Choir Room - For all those musical characters. To practice their instruments and sing to their hearts content.

Auditorium - Where people present presentations, projects, preformanes, and a place where the Headmaster can get the attention of all the students for big announement.

Sports Arena / Arena In General - Whether you like to play a game of football or soccer, basketball or hockey. Let's not forget volleyball and... golf... This is the place where all the jocks go. Oh yeah, its also has a gym and a training area for those fun magical peoples. It also serves as an arena where people who challenge each other to a duel duke it out.

Alright. There's also some stuff outside the school to mention.

Mall / Boardwalk / Shopping Centre - Alright. Since the RP doesn't exactly have to revolve all about the school, students are allowed to leave school grounds and into the city arround it. I mean, I'd put these all in different categories, but their purpose is the same. Shop, date, or pull shenanigans.

Forbidden Forest - Guess what, there is a spooky forest. Guess what, it contains the hide out of the main villain, Vincient du Gaunt. But its also forbidden, so don't go there or face punishment. (If caught of course.)

Oh yeah, if something that doesn't exist isn't listed, message me your request. It'll probaly be accepted because I don't have many restrictions on where the characters can go.

And guess what, I have finished what we all have been waiting for... the Character Sheet! It's in the Spoiler Below.

Name:
Basic Information
Height: (Make sure its realistic. There is a thing called a Weight-To-Height Ratio. I don't want 8 Foot Behemoths.)
Weight: (Make sure its realistic. There is this thing called a Body Mass Index, so I don't want weightless abombinations.)
Race: (Be creative! Not everyone has to be human or an elf.)

Appearnce, Persona, and Background
Appearance: (If you have a picture, then don't type out sentences.) (If you can't find a picture, some 2-3 Paragraphs would be nice.)
Personality: (Be descriptive. I don't expect a book, but it better not be just a group of words.)
Bio: (You can skip this part, but I'd rather you not. If you are going to do this, at least a good 3-4 Paragraphs. I'm not greedy, but I'd like some background on these characters, to make the roleplay have meaning, y'know?)
Race Lore: (Hey, not all Elves are the same, but they do have some background. I mean, if its really generic, then you don't have to do this. But if your character's race is really unique, I'd like to have a description of their rae's history and how they came to be.)

Abilities & Invintory
Racial Attributes: (Bonuses from their Race. Make sure it isn't overpowered, and I'll eventually have to approve such Racial Attributes.)
Magic: (You can have more than one, but you can't be a jack of all trades. Note that you came here to learn, so don't say that you can manipulate shadow or water, or anything in general. List some abilities they have.)
Invintory: (Hey, the characters can also be hiding a super-secret weapon, or maybe some hair styling tools, or just nothing at all! Just describe what they have).
Skills: (Stuff they they can do. Not in a magical sense though, but something with sports or music. Etc. Real life skills and not magical or fantsical skills.)

Interests and Other Information
Dislikes: (Stuff they don't like.)
Strengths: (Stuff they are good at.)
Weaknesses: (Stuff that makes them vulernable and imperfect because not everyone is.)
Other: (Just some other stuff. Anything you'd like to add.)

(Make sure you get rid of the quotation marks and what are in between them. You can also mess arround with the font and the text color. I don't mind. :) )

Name:
Basic Information
Height: (Make sure its realistic. There is a thing called a Weight-To-Height Ratio. I don't want 8 Foot Behemoths.)
Weight: (Make sure its realistic. There is this thing called a Body Mass Index, so I don't want weightless abombinations.)
Teaches:

Appearnce, Persona, and Background
Appearance: (If you have a picture, then don't type out sentences.) (If you can't find a picture, some 2-3 Paragraphs would be nice.)
Personality: (Be descriptive. I don't expect a book, but it better not be just a group of words.)
Bio: (A few sentences would be nice.)
Race Lore: (You don't exactly have to be discriptive, but have common sense when thinking of your Race Lore. However, if the race that your teacher is practically generic/common, like an elf, dark elf, fairy, etc... We can pass on the Lore.)

Abilities & Invintory
Racial Attributes: (Bonuses from their Race. Make sure it isn't overpowered, and I'll eventually have to approve such Racial Attributes.)
Magic: (It's a teacher so it would focus on what they are teaching. So don't have the Water Magic teacher be strong in Fire Magic.)

Interests and Other Information
Dislikes: (Stuff they don't like.)
Weaknesses: (Stuff that makes them vulernable and imperfect because not everyone is.)

(Make sure you get rid of the quotation marks and what are in between them. You can also mess arround with the font and the text color. I don't mind. :) )

Name:
Basic Information

Appearnce & Persona
Bio: (You can be minimalistic on this section.)

Abilities
Magic: (Make sure you use common sense when it comes to their magicial prowess.)
Invintory: (Hey, the characters can also be hiding a super-secret weapon, or maybe some hair styling

Strengths & Weaknesses

Original Post: 5:24 Central Time, 3/11/17
Note: Will be adding backstory.

Update 1: 7:16 PM Central Time, 3/11/17
Notes: Will be adding description of the enviornment in the school soon. Character Sheet in progress.

Update 2: 8:16 PM Central Time, 3/11/17
Notes: Added Enviornment of the School + Some of the City outside the School. Character Sheet posted. Possibly last update. Roleplay Thread, Character Sheet Threat, OOC Thread and more to be possibly posted tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I can't stop thinking about the Charlie Bones series (shut up Cake no has read that but you..But it's so good!) In that series all the different species were separated by talent and assigned a colored cape that matched their group. It was also set in a boarding school so most academy role plays remind me of it, anyway! I'm kind of interested if I could get more plot about it.

Well. I have this idea of an over-arching reason why the quests happen. Perhaps they're tied together... Who knows... Oeeeooo...

...Alright I'll spill the beans. I haven't thought that far yet. Heheh. :P I'm trying to add something... perhaps a crime boss who must be stopped, perhaps some inequality in the world, or even some looming foreign threat. I'm just thinking such possibilities over. Once I think about it, I'll be editing this post. Sorry for not giving a clear plot. Heheh.

I'll rejoin I suppose and help where needed if needed. I just sort of lost inspiration for GMing purposes. I loved the RP itself though..

Ah well the whole crime boss thing sounds good as long as it directly interacts with said characters, I'm in though so please keep me posted! :bishiesparklesl::ghostuvu::bishiesparklesr:

I just updated the story and such. The interior of the school and the enviornment will be described soon. All of this comming soon! (Don't worry, the Character Sheet will be comming out along with the next update so you don't have to watch me just edit my original post.)

I'm sorry but I can't stop thinking about the Charlie Bones series (shut up Cake no has read that but you..But it's so good!) In that series all the different species were separated by talent and assigned a colored cape that matched their group. It was also set in a boarding school so most academy role plays remind me of it, anyway! I'm kind of interested if I could get more plot about it.

Someone else who's read Charlie Bones!!!! *screams* That series was fantastic to be honest

I would be interested in joining if there are positions still available.

Positions? Well. There's not exactly a position tree. It's a highschool. It has a Headmaster, (Me Obviously), a Villain (Possibly Me Still unless someone wants to take the job), Teachers + NPCs (I really don't think anyone would set them to their main character. I could be wrong, but that's what is usually the norm with those.) The rest are students alike.

In a recap, you are more welcome to join!

I loved it so much! Ah, I may go and reread the few books I have again :3
That would be a fun roleplay to do imo
But I'll keep my eyes on this one to see how it goes
Same here, that would be a nice roleplay but this one has promise too, I'm excited for it

I loved it so much! Ah, I may go and reread the few books I have again :3
That would be a fun roleplay to do imo
But I'll keep my eyes on this one to see how it goes

Sorry for butting in your conversation, but I'm glad that you're interested in this roleplay. I daresay it has promise, for a reboot. To be honest, I'm just trying to wait it out for as much people as possible. Heheh.

Guess what all, I have made the Character Sheet! Just don't post it on here. Prepare it in your Private Workshop if you didn't know that existed and pull it out once the thread is being rolled out!

Welp. I can't seem to add the Name in the Character Sheet since it now just got seperated from the rest of the main Character Sheet template. Just add it in anyway. E.e

Welp. I can't seem to add the Name in the Character Sheet since it now just got seperated from the rest of the main Character Sheet template. Just add it in anyway. E.e
I have a question! Are characters allowed to have pets? And if so, what pets would be allowed and how many?

This sounds intriguing so I'm in. If it isn't too much could you somehow draw maps of both inside and outside school? It will inform us the distance between each location and encourage people from nearby spot to join the ongoing events. Thanks!

I have a question! Are characters allowed to have pets? And if so, what pets would be allowed and how many?

Sure! Characters can have pets. As long as they don't cause a mess in the dorms and the fact they can fit in a dorm. I don't care how many, but don't go all cat-lady crazy.

This sounds intriguing so I'm in. If it isn't too much could you somehow draw maps of both inside and outside school? It will inform us the distance between each location and encourage people from nearby spot to join the ongoing events. Thanks!

I personally wouldn't think you'd like that. I am not what people call an "Artist" so... Uhm... I guess you're kinda outta luck on that one. I'll do my best, but I probally won't be doing that as I'm already trying to create CS for the Villain, the Headmaster, and my own personal Student Character, some nessessary Teachers, etc. I really wouldn't like it if I'd have such a work load. Heheh.

On a side note. if anyone would like to be a teacher, suggest a class to me and if I approve of it, I'll send you the CS for Teachers! (I might just put one in eventually.)

Sure! Characters can have pets. As long as they don't cause a mess in the dorms and the fact they can fit in a dorm. I don't care how many, but don't go all cat-lady crazy.

I personally wouldn't think you'd like that. I am not what people call an "Artist" so... Uhm... I guess you're kinda outta luck on that one. I'll do my best, but I probally won't be doing that as I'm already trying to create CS for the Villain, the Headmaster, and my own personal Student Character, some nessessary Teachers, etc. I really wouldn't like it if I'd have such a work load. Heheh.

On a side note. if anyone would like to be a teacher, suggest a class to me and if I approve of it, I'll send you the CS for Teachers! (I might just put one in eventually.)

Scratch that, I just finished CSes for both Teachers and NPCs. So make to your heart's content. As for I, I'm going to call it a day. Gotta catch some Zs so I don't get screwed over by Daylight Saving Time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back