• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Alternate earth role play (clans and powers and stuff)

Gman

That guy
I remember making this plot over on gaia but it died out so I want to try it here with all you wonderful people.

The plot takes place in an alternative universe of Earth.

In the year 1950, a meteor breaks apart and crashes into Earth in 5 large clusters of space rock while the remain shards litter the rest of the Earth. This event causes the death of around 40 % of the population. The world became an unstable wasteland as dark clouds covered the sky. However the 5 main clusters of the meteor have altered the climate where they landed and have formed livable zones for the humans and animals of Earth. The remaining population gathered their resources and split off toward each of the different clusters. They mined the rich minerals of the meteor to rebuild society around these livable climates. However the radiation from these cluster altered the genetics of the humans that lived near them. Overtime and generations the humans transformed into 5 sub species each with different mutations that have their own strengths and weaknesses. The humans embraced these changes and rebuilt their homes in accordance to these mutations.

Not all humans made it to the clusters before the shards began to mutate them. Though the levels of radiation were not as extreme as the clusters that altered the DNA of humans completely, changes did still take place. Every human or animal that are not from a cluster are known as the forgotten. Body shape remains unchanged except for an increase in muscle mass. Their skin is almost pitch black, hairless and their eyes white with no pupils. Claws and fangs are also present in these beasts. Each nation is constantly fighting these beasts at their borders.

Where you come in:

Every 10 years, a summit is held between the 5 nations to discuss international matters such as threats, resources, trade and so on. Communication between the nations is kept at a minimum and foreigners are not allowed within a nation’s boundaries. The summit is the only time people of different nations interact on a larger scale. This year of 2010, the summit is held in what used to be the state of Pennsylvania in USA which is one of the areas that have been supposedly cleared out and safe. Anyone from any nation is allowed to attend this event. You have decided to attend this year’s summit as a spectator for whatever reason you may have. However, is this area truly safe from the forgotten?

Metropolis is located in what used to be western United States. This is a land of advanced technology and could be regarded as a utopia. It is governed by a council of elders who oversee the population’s laws. The metropolis people are humans who have gained the power of telekinesis. Each citizen has either the power to move objects with their mind or the ability to levitate and fly short distances at a time. These citizens are usually shorter and lighter than the average human. They are also gifted with enhanced intelligence.

The Outback is home to the humans who are blessed with additional limbs as well as enhanced physical strength. It is located in what was once Australia. The Outback is a place of weak government control and borderline anarchy. The citizens of this nation are taller and heavier and have 3 times the strength of an average human. The most common extra limb that they are born with are extra arms located under their first pair however legs are possible. The rarest would be an extra head as very few have this mutation at birth.

Located in the United Kingdom, the storm straights is the land of the elements. Much of their technology is powered by the citizen’s ability to generate and manipulate the elements. Each person is born with the ability to generate fire, water, wind or electricity and manipulate it as a weapon or other uses. The nation is run by democracy and every citizen is assigned work based on their element. The citizens have had their appearance less affected by the mutation although their hair is highlighted with the colour of their element (red, blue, white, yellow).

Iron hide is a nation of metal and steam. Located in what was once Brazil; the land itself has been paved with metal. Their unique mutation has caused their bones to produce a natural metallic alloy that coats their bones. This makes them very robust and immune to a variety of attacks. Also, metal plates have grown on top of certain patches of skin giving them almost a cyborg appearance. They are average in height and build but tend to weigh a lot more because of their bones the average being about 200 pounds. Technology in Iron hide is similar to that of steam punk style inventions. They live under an absolute monarchy so social stability is at a high although some choose to rebel.

In what was once South Africa is where the Pride lands are located. This nation has been a place of very little advancement in technology. The citizens however have mutated to adapt to this. Each citizen of this nation is born with a combination of animal features for example ears, claws, fangs, wings and tails. They also have heighten sense of smell, taste, hearing, sight and touch. They commonly have slimmer/leaner builds while slightly taller than the average human. Their society is run by the alpha male and his family. Their technology is mostly makeshift tools and they rely mostly on farming and hunting for food.

OMG. This is just amazing .-. . I don't know How nobody has not been interested in this. Anyway I am interested :) But I would love for you to check my Rp as-well :)

I'll check yours out definitely. If I get enough people interested I'll start this one up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back